OK what the fuck

OK what the fuck.

Attached: t_drive_1b.jpg (372x360, 53K)

Embrace Christ and use a Philips

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 6K)

seriously fuck this fucking bullshit

Attached: 1469808982537.jpg (375x592, 46K)

it was da j0os!

You think that's bad?

Attached: 6208-002-4_297x300.jpg (297x300, 10K)

What's the benefit of this? Easier manufacture because open cut area doesn't require rotary broaching?

torx head is awesome. Phillips and flathead are obsolete. Flathead has the convenience that you can cut a flathead into a stripped screw and get another change at unscrewing it.
Phillips has no redeeming qualities. The angled tip actually creates a cam effect that lifts the driver out of the socket as you apply more torque. It wants to strip itself. Fucking retarded design. I recently built a large shelf in my garage and used over 150 torx deck screws in the construction of it. Didn't even come close to stripping a single screw despite working fast and using a drill to drive in the screws.

They're security screws. You can screw them in easily, but need a special driver to remove them.

anti-tamper

Security screws used on public restroom stalls so they can't be easily removed.

You should see some of the (((McGard))) anti theft lugs...

Attached: s-l500.jpg (107x176, 4K)

Those are tamper proof screws. You see those alot in places like public bathrooms. They can be installed like a regular flat head, but applying backwards torque to remove them is very difficult. Keeps vandals and crackheads from taking shit apart or stealing shit.

Torx is good you dumb amerilard

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

torx is god-teir

it's all about the angle of your hand

>sticks small flat blade screwdriver in and unscrews as easy as a torx screwdriver
Where is your god now?!

No they are not. Security/anti tamper tirx has a pin in the center. Torx is 25 years old, if cant figure it out, kys pls.

I see, the flat faces only let you drive it one way easily
Could one just take a dremel to them and deepen that middle slit and use a flat head on them?

it's just a shape you retarded spergs. hex heads are better than phillips because they can be reused and don't strip the bit, as phillips was designed to do.

Even with a custom tool, it would be hard to get much torque without slippage.

It doesnt strip like phillips, I love torx

it means jews will always screw you. once you get them in they're hard to get out

Jew screws

The guy designed this was a Jew from Germany..

I used to selll GRK fasteners

is this politics?

Attached: 1549632102444.jpg (647x862, 162K)

Torx don't round out as easy. Which is why they're commonly used on fields where you need to pull and replace bolts often like machining.
I dunno why we haven't just picked a single standard and rolled with it though.
Flatheads should've been phased out decades ago. Utter crap.

What is your point? Torx isn't supposed to be a security screw. It simply can handle more torque without stripping than flathead, phillips, or even a hex pattern. It isn't meant to be tamper proof.

JIDF detected.

Angle grinder

screw you

This guy knows what's up.

>not having a full torx set for your fashy euro car
The main asspain with these bastards is they're paradoxically even weaker when they get degraded over time from water/glycol/contaminated oil due to the thinner 'teeth' than phillips/flat.
Even though they were first marketed as allowing greater torque for the removal of tighter bolts.
Go figures, trust an American company to invent a short-lived planned-obselete industrial application.

Yes but now you're already operating on a higher level than the average toilet paper stealing crackhead

take the happy face pill

Attached: smilescrew09.jpg (450x450, 42K)

>not using arthur spooner screws and screwdrivers

Attached: Capture.jpg (969x693, 44K)

Yeah I don't give a fucking shit I work in telecom and when I see these things I just destroy them with a dirll, there's literally no reason for them to exist other than to piss me off and I'm not going to cuck and buy their jewish bits

>I recently built a large shelf in my garage and used over 150 torx deck screws in the construction of it.
I have built a number of aquarium stands over the years, and that is all I use. I still have every bit driver, and they don't seem to strip. Decking screws are amazing. Torx are much better long term than the squares or phillips. I HATE flat head.

You think that's bad? This is the true shape of the sun.

Attached: Sun.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

Roberts screw is best screw. Is it true it's only a Canadian thing? If so you guys are seriously missing out.

Jam in a ROBERTSON

Attached: trudope.webm (500x500, 2.86M)

No fastener is truly tamper proof. It just makes it difficult enough that your average degenerate doesn't bother messing with it.

Even the security lug nuts people put on their wheels like
are easy to remove. You simply stick the right size hex socket over it and hammer it on. You then put a normal wrench on the socket jammed on there and unscrew it. Yeah you damage the socket, but you can still use 4 cheap sockets to steal a set of $2,000 wheels.

that's meth-head level thinking

>we haven't just picked a single standard and rolled with it

If you were designing that it would actually be a matrix of dots. The least to get the job done without making it impossible to get the dicks in the holes. 3 or 5 would be my guess.

I live in Montana and Robertson are generally just a canadaian thing..

Torx are superior but Robertson is way way better than philips and flathead

nice oven screws ya got there

crap I knew it

Attached: 0060C285-655E-4AA0-9FE9-8993CE42389F.jpg (702x1062, 468K)

>and they don't seem to strip
They do round out eventually. I take bolts in and out of a large all damn day and once a year a tool will round out. Not that it matters though, because you get a new one for free with half the shit you need to order anyway.

>nigga don't know what a hex is

T 20 get busy faggot and quit bitching

You ain't seen nothing yet.
Let me tell you about aviation.
Pic related are Torq-Set screws, they look like a windmill of friendship. The cuts are offset so that the screwdriver always pushes exactly perpendicular and gives the maximum possible torque.

Attached: Torq-Set.jpg (1600x1200, 129K)

Lathe. Stupid fucking phone.

Why do you think they don't want you staring at it?

Whats funny is this set has been around for longer than that "lock" design. You can also just hit the side of it with a chisel and hammer to turn it off.

Being a service tech wagecuck I can definitely say torx > phillips.

Attached: 63045[1].jpg (800x800, 69K)

Hex is OK, but still somewhat prone to stripping. Especially if the driver is a little worn out of out of spec. If the driver doesn't fit tight it fucks up the screw. I bought a nice set of German made hardened steel drivers and they never strip hex screws because they fit tight and the corners of the hex on the driver stays sharp and doesn't round.

DOODS I JUST DREW A CIRCLE THEN SOME MORE CIRCLES THEN SOME LINES AND I DISCOVERED THIS!

Attached: duh juice invented geometry.jpg (1903x1545, 253K)

Most common screws were patented by auto manufacturers and since they had a patent for the screws they figured they may as well sell those in hardware stores as well for additional revenues and profits. I don't know if that still applies today but did back in the 50s and 60s anyway.

it's what you hammer a torx bit into once it becomes rounded out

HOW TO OWN anti-theft lugs for any anons who might have lost their key, like I did, but not for blacks and mexicans:

-Find a long-socket socket wrench bit slightly larger than the lug
-Hammer it on with a sledge
-Turns like a winner but you've probably burnt the socket
-Buy a regular lug

op its because you dont use metric like the rest of us

this is now a boomer thread

Attached: yoga beer.jpg (960x720, 484K)

>torx head is awesome.

sucks dick and wears your tools all the time, it has a place but generally hex>>>torx.

NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN

>Philips

PZ >>> PH

Attached: house_info.jpg (2457x2873, 672K)

after being aware of the star of david and also the hexagon i have seen it everywhere. i have come to really hate that shape and actively not have any hexagons in my life if possible

>Damned Jew Nails!

Butterscotch Horseman was right!

Don't worry lads, apple is on it.

Attached: apple antisemite.jpg (978x1000, 52K)

Fuck Philips.
Torx is the best, period.

Ah. Didn't know that. That makes sense. Well hopefully we can move to a standard now that it's been nearly 70 years or so.
>sucks dick and wears your tools all the time, it has a place but generally hex>>>torx.
You must be fucking up somehow. Hex rounds easier than. Torx.
Both are better than Phillips or flat heads by fucking bounds.

Flat head here is just used for things that you don't want to over tighten. There's no such thing as flat head deck screws or anything of the like here.

posting screengrab because apparently it's spam

Attached: Screenshot_20190211-084235.jpg (720x1280, 218K)

This, fuck flat and Phillips

I like where this is going Hans.

hah, what a dick.

accompanying pic

Attached: images-112.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Ever eat Cheerios? You know how when you spoon out 7 of them they tend to sit on a circle, with 6 surrounding a 7th? That spretty much how your molecules stack up to form. It's a physical property of the most basic shape on the planet.

are you?

>the collar around the outside spins freely
What now, leaf?

Attached: Capture.png (630x503, 405K)

They all need another wing attached to the ends... For extra locking. Perpendicular with the center posts. Pointing clockwise...

>1 screw size works for all applications
Okie Dokie...

Its ze fuckin jew screw!

white people have such a geometric magic gap that they will never catch up at this rate

Beware the jew screw.

weld chinkshit 2 dollar pliers to the face, use large wrench on pliers to get dat dere torque. Problem with bolts is they're expendable, and if u got those thot pulling faggot rims then keeping the bolt intact is the last thing on my nigger mind.

You weld a nut on it, dummy

Flat head are only good for electrical.

>has never seen a 0-80 machine screw with a 5/16" hex head
What are you doing with your life?

Bing bing Wahoo the ride never ends

Hammer and chisel would still get it.

drill into head of screw
put one of pic related into drill
teeth of screw extractor bite into screw and unscrew it
Like I said earlier in this thread. No faster is truly tamper proof, they just deter your lowest common denominator thief.

Attached: 5pcs-broken-screw-extractor-drill-bits-remove-tool-damaged-rusted-stripped-removing-damaged-bolts-st (800x800, 37K)

Shut up baltfag, I've probably used more of them than your poverty stricken ass

Attached: 816i4rN1vGL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x795, 112K)

I'm American and I've never seen a Torx in my life.
It's always a philips or I need to pull out the god forsaken flathead

>Not rolling through the hood with a diesel power generator, air compressor and power chisel

You don't really live the thug life do you?

Torx is somewhat uncommon but I have no idea how you can go your entire life without seeing one.

If you aren't using pic related you should get off this board

Attached: Untitled.png (1696x1614, 1.94M)

It's not uncommon at all. I will say this though, you don't actually need it, if you just buy quality screws and not these cheap ass chinky ones that come out all the time you can use a Phillips fine.

canadians.

Attached: can.jpg (250x500, 17K)

I would totally use that if it really existed.

I don't let Mexicans build my stuff

*drops watermelon and jumps three fences*

Find me a screwdriver for this