Just bought these 2 books for $1 each. What am I in for Jow Forums...

Just bought these 2 books for $1 each. What am I in for Jow Forums? I remember these books being mentioned a few times in Jow Forums book threads so I grabbed them but honestly I have no idea what these books are about.

Also Jow Forums book thread I guess.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (595x446, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

These books are trash. Buy this.

Attached: image.jpg (971x1554, 247K)

sure thing goldstein

Bump

come on Jow Forums bump

bunch of fags on this board

bump

read dostoyevski

bump

Attached: books.jpg (4063x6565, 2.83M)

notha bump

Attached: books1.jpg (2248x3442, 3.29M)

moar bump

Attached: books2.png (2392x3348, 3.36M)

Stop paying the media merchant

gen.lib.rus.ec/

Attached: Rhodesia.png (571x860, 535K)

To any zoomers out there read this.

Attached: under_sign_of_scorpion.jpg (422x600, 103K)

Heart of Darkness is good. it's basically Apocalypse Now, but in the Congo. (the movie is based on the book but the setting changed to Vietnam).
couldn't tell you about the other one.

I studied Leviathan at uni. Its basically sets out a society naturally develops into an organic society based on shared protection, so they invest the capability of violence all into one entity (you can call it a monarch, king etc). That is very much butchering stuff i learnt years ago so i have trouble remembering details so sorry

Leviathan is one of the foundational works of political philosophy; but it might be hard to decipher without an analysis like you get in a philosphy or poli sci course. I'd advise looking up a course that teaches it and looking at some of the accompanying material.

Attached: Thomas_Hobbes_(portrait).jpg (1109x1169, 183K)

yeah leviathan puts forth an idea that the job of government is to take man out of "the state of nature" (which it defines as basically a war of all against all) by monopolizing violence. It builds this idea by examining society on every level starting with the individual parts of the human body, which is slightly excessive but made for a strong argument back in the day.

Being taken out of the state of nature is a desirable outcome because it allows men time to do things like build civilization instead of getting in never ending blood feuds. If the government fails in this aspect then it is illegitimate

leviathan is nihilistic crap
heart of darkness is why the nazis lost ww2

Read this. It will change you forever

Attached: imperium.jpg (312x475, 33K)

>heart of darkness is why the nazis lost ww2
elaborate

The Nazis lost world war II because they were genetically inferior to the Slavs.

Unironically this

They are all in Russian mate

>leviathan is nihilistic crap
bullshit, leviathan is suffused with deistic reasoning

No, mostly in english

Hobbes is unironically the clearest, most honest political philosopher in the English-speaking tradition. He argues most persuasively for valuing order (what Jow Forums really wants) over empty notions of freedom (the kiked shit we have now). His language is awkward at times, but his ideas are brilliant and based.

leviathan is a long long boring fucking read

heart of darkness is good

Rut them back on EBay, they're not worth your time, user.

OK, I will look harder.
Thank you

you are a stupid animal