What are Jow Forums's thought on home ownership?

My wife and I are buying a home this week. It's our first, and we've been renting prior to this. I'm tired of putting out money every month with nothing to show for when we inevitably move. Does Jow Forums own homes? Any advice for a first-time buyer?

Attached: Home buying family.jpg (425x283, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/business/2019/01/07/experts-weigh-what-housing-market-will-bring/
investors.com/research/housing-market-predictions-2019-should-you-buy-home-sell-housing-stocks/
youtube.com/results?search_query=house inspection checklist for buyers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now is a shit time to buy. The housing market is cooling fast and predicted to fall rapidly after the GOP Recession.

washingtonpost.com/business/2019/01/07/experts-weigh-what-housing-market-will-bring/

right now is a great time to buy.
if you're a first time buyer, you should look into homepath.com -- this is a government program to put buyers into affordable homes before they get snatched up by investors.
housing market is strong and will keep growing. they can't build new homes fast enough to meet demand.
don't listen to the doom and gloom faggots like

>wapo
just KYS

Right now is an okay time to buy. Shit could go either way in future. Listen to both these faggots.

you cant own a home. you can merely rent one from the govt by paying property tax. also if you get a mortgage you are submitting to (((their))) usurious system.

If you have $ 200,000 to buy a home, maybe it's better to invest the money in a safe application and rent a home. Benefits include having a landlord fixing shit, flexibility to live wherever you want and maybe some leftover money.

The sooner you buy a home the better.
It will be the best decision you ever made.
t.newhomeowner

the number one thing correlated to unemployment is home ownership, because it's much harder to move to where jobs are once you have a home

if you're secure in your future and current economic conditions, home ownership can be great, but if not, it could be disasterous and difficult to recover from

choose wisely

Only buy a home you can afford or pay off in 7-10 years.

>trips of truth
this is the ultimate red pill.
home ownership is a myth.
like user said, you're merely renting the property from the government.
your rental payments are called property taxes.
if you don't pay the taxes, they will confiscate your property
if you don't cooperate, the government will imprison you
if you resist and fight back, they will use deadly force

what state?

>buy a home pay cash
>rent the home to tenants
>mortgage the home and buy another rental property
>now the bank is the lien holder between you and say, someone who wanted to sue you
>rinse and repeat

Maybe in burger land.

I own 12 houses I rent out. Whilst you rent i get rich

t. pays his landlord's property taxes for him

This

my weeb co-worker got given a house which he now owns freehold

all my other friends got hooked up from their parents with starter homes or big down payments. none of them are going to have families, one couple are literal dog parents

the ones who need houses the most don't get them, the ones who could give a shit are the ones who get given the most

we truly live in a society

Attached: 1349906309939.png (645x773, 93K)

I recently bought my first home. Just so you know, there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done or repaired when you own. That said, its worth it.

Attached: 1539215230036.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Bought home in 2013 for 200,000.

Just sold it for 333,000.

Renting is for morons.

I am building a house. It will cost me more than renting but you cannot change what you want in a rental. I needed a lot of space to shoot guns, blow stuff up, light fires, and be loud. Plus I am a 3 min drive away from my parents. It is perfect.

> home ownership
> pays property tax
1st Class Renting

He isn't wrong. Allodial titles no longer exist. The smart thing to do is to pay less rent and ride the property asset vehicle. But it's all a sinkhole, you just sink less fast.

Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell!

Depends on where you buy really.

Is it a good area for your career? If you lost your job, would you find one easily that isnt 2 hours commute away?

Is the house in an earth quake prone area?

Are they shitty yet expensive?

Get into a home with land and go self sufficient. Don't worry about debt because if SHTF nobody's coming to collect on that shit. Get some guns too and learn how to use em.

What's a safer investment than an SFR? Genuinely asking because I'm getting annoyed with my 2.whatever percent savings account.

People who own the apartment have to pay property taxes, they just add it to your rent. So really, everybody pays property taxes.
I like having my own home. Nobody making noise above or below me like in an apartment.i don’t want to reach retirement age and still have to pay $1,200 a month in rent.
Property tax now is about $300 per month.

If I didn't own property in Canada, basically the largest country in the world with the fewest number of people, what a fucking meme that would be.

That being said, I make decent money and can afford to carry and enjoy my house. I got started with a condo at 24 years old though, when I only made 25/hr. That was tough, but I built equity to a point where I was financially comfy over the course of the years I lived there.

Also this. In a financial doomsday scenario, you'll be fine. Tripled interest rates? There will be blood on the streets. You'll be fine if you're away from the masses

And if they do come to collect after SHTF, just shoot them and put their head on a like to ward off any other creditors.

Stop trolling mutt. You're not buying a house and you sure as fuck don't have a wife.

>right now is a great time to buy.
Spotted the real estate hebrew.

>you should look into homepath.com
they make you pay a much higher interest rate and 20% mortgage insurance in your house payment. Now your overpriced house went from shit deal to ripped-a-new-asshole shit deal.

>before they get snatched up by investors.
Bullshit. If an investor doesn't want your house, you probably don't want it either. Investors are pulling their funds out of the housing market right now while prices are still high. They sell high and leave you holding the bag.

"The housing market cooled in 2018, and 2019 is likely to be a tough year for buyers and sellers according to analysts. Among the key housing market predictions for 2019: Higher home prices and interest rates are headwinds..."
investors.com/research/housing-market-predictions-2019-should-you-buy-home-sell-housing-stocks/

I bought a house at 3.75apr and sold it two years later for a 70k profit

boy, they sure got me good

I own 2 and I am pretty young. I rent one out for extra income. White people need to own more property or this country will truly be dead. Good luck op, you made the right choice

>Purchasing something that you have to pay for personally vs purchasing an actual asset that pays for itself and and you.
fucking kek at the idiots here that fell for the home purchasing meme.

Attached: 1545629958966.png (474x353, 225K)

always hire your own home inspector

All they need to do is create a partnership with McDonalds and then millinials can finally afford homes financed at a low APR by McDonalds inc. The employee will never miss a payment because it will be deducted automatically from his paycheck.

>buy an apartment building (6 units) for $1.2 million
>my tenants are literally paying the mortgage

renting? may as well burn your money for heat.

lol buying a Disney land house good luck with that

>Buying anything under 30 units.
>Not having a property management company take care of everything
>Not understanding LBO's so you can acquire properties like mad
Never going to make it user.

Attached: 1544361665053.jpg (499x496, 58K)

Have a good home inspection company give it a top-to-bottom inspection with a written report on all systems. Gas furnace is better, cheaper. Check heat exchanger, have inspected. Termite/pest inspection, lender will require some things that protect both of you. Make sure no encroachments, after looking at survey. Talk to neighbors, try to find out if everyone gets along, is there a rock band next door? Read the Sellers' disclosures statement carefully. Check property taxes. Switch on all lights, flush all toilets, etc. Make sure sellers understand they are to leave all fixtures (I heard of some sellers who dug up landscaping) and a lot of other advice I would give if you were paying me.
Spend a hundred bucks and talk for 15 minutes with an experienced real estate attorney.

First home should be something small, cheap, rentable. When your incomes grow, rent that shit out and move to something bigger. I only did this 1x but if I was smart I could have done it 2-3x.

The house always wins. You’ll end up breaking even in the long run at best.

Now is a great time to buy, but maybe a shit time to invest - there's a difference.
Un-ending growth and the ideology that homes never lose value, only increase, is part of what caused the '08 collapse. If you are looking to buy and then turn around and move or sell in 7-10 years or less, don't bother unless you know you are scoring some kind of amazing deal.
If you are planning to stick around and have a family and intend on paying your mortgage off, there is really no telling what the market/value/etc. will be in 20-30 years and anyone who says they can tell you is retarded. The world is crazy in just 3 years of Trump, forget predicting 30. But over that time span, even if your home value falls by 50% you're still positive over renting, lol... and if you don't plan on moving and selling who really cares?
It's a faggot boomer mentality to buy a huge ass home that you don't need, wait for it to appreciate, then sell to finance your retirement. Only buy as much as you need (think about your family planning too) and invest for retirement in other ways.

I just closed on a house two weeks ago and I brought a load of furniture over today and Ooops no fuel oil. Didn't even think of it. This might be harder than it looked at first.

>fucking kek at the idiots here that fell for the home purchasing meme.
I'm pretty sure if I am disciplined I can pay this off in 7 years. Then I will see what's next.

>I heard of some sellers who dug up landscaping

It's more common than you think.

I had a guy offer me 900 dollars for the palm tree in my front yard...

>I'm pretty sure if I am disciplined I can pay this off in 7 years. Then I will see what's next.
You completely missed the point of what I was saying.

Attached: 1540522088518.jpg (249x252, 5K)

youtube.com/results?search_query=house inspection checklist for buyers

Oi, you got a loicense for that there insult?

I don't want to deal with fucking tenants not right now I'm trying to build a business and paying a 15 year mortgage in 7 years gives me about 250,000 in equity. I think I'll get into bitcoins...

Buying is great. I bought my first house in CA in 2017. House had a lot of carpet so I wore my boots inside everyday to have an excuse to replace it with tile.

I later got a job out here as civil service so the US government pays my rent here and I rent out my house in CA. I have no housing cost so I’m saving a lot of money.

I would suggest not going with the “fixer upper” meme. Get a house that’s good to go, nothing that requires major repairs, but still allows you do upgrades.

If your municipality permits it, get a detached cabin that you can rent out on Airbnb. My municipality doesn’t require an assessment for any detached structures under 120sq ft, so I built a small cabin at 115sq ft and I used to rent it out to boomers with the Sierra Club looking to hike in the local mountains, it was good side income.

I forgot: get a good security system, if you have trees, setup a game camera or two. Also download the Nextdoor app, be a good white neighbor build a sense of community. Help your neighbors find lost dogs, report suspicious vehicles in your neighborhood, get to know your neighbors, remind them that white communities are beautiful.

Pic related is the type of stuff you can find on the app.

Attached: 68A9C64D-E991-4B75-BF93-DC0E96101E2F.jpg (1242x610, 167K)

>house ownership
>paying rent to a bank

2 different things.

My advice buy cheap. dont buy what bank say you can afford. just buy small and cheap.

whatd you have to spend on your next home?

>My wife and I
fuck off normalfag

no worries m8 i'm turning the whole thing into my house once it's paid off.

>What is a PM company?

Attached: 1541395555561.jpg (800x800, 86K)

If you get t r i p s again I'll buy it from you once it's finished.

True and not true. You can make a large profit from selling a house which is something you obviously can't do if renting.

Sold my last house for 100k profit and now building a 450k house (putting about 200k down) which will probably sell for 600k+ down the road seeing as it's over 5000sqft.

I own two houses and a condominium in Vancouver, BC. And a house in Buffalo Narrows, Saskatchewan.

Debated several times just selling it all and moving somewhere cheaper.