You have to go back, well actually I want to

Hey user,

So I am the son of Vietnamese immigrants, I was born in Hanoi. My parents migrated to The Netherlands when I was 3. All my life I had a feeling I did not belong to this country. I was alienated an acculturated. Needless to say my parents barely spoke any Vietnamese to me as a child. Nor did they teach me any of the culture.

So now I am 27, not knowing what the fuck I should do with my life. I see no future in The Netherlands. I want to return to Vietnam but my parents have cut off all contact with my family.

What should be my first step?

Attached: Dx1M0hEVYAElxgq.jpg (750x594, 131K)

>So I am the son of Vietnamese immigrants, I was born in Hano
Why are using a picture of Finns, Charlie?

If you don't speak the language then don't go back. You're too old so you'd have an accent if you tried and probably don't fit in line with Vietnamese culture. If you hate the Dutch then move to some other non-Asian country
t. Vietnamese American who can't speak it either.

Learn the language obviously. Work and acquire currency so you are set to be able to live in a country where you will make less. Consider building enough capital to run a small business.

Find your family and go visit them. Specifically, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. You might be surprised at how warm they welcome you. I've always been well-received in Greece even by people that I'd only regard as uncles/cousins as a euphemism for friends/acquaintances.

And I thought having a cousin born in sweden was weird as a chink

I don't hat the Dutch, they are good people, but I do not belong here. There are teenage girls who are 6 foot 1 here man.
Cool pic.

You obviously don't know Vietnamese. It's a very pressurized culture. Yes your family will embrace you but you will be expected to provide for them and address everyone by the appropriate title: Ba, Ong, Bac, Co, Anh, etc etc. They're also religious and idk if op is catholic or Buddhist but either way he'd be expected to participate in everything.

Buddhist, but the only the I remember about religious stuff is that we had a plant and that picking the leaves would bring bad luck.

What is it with chinks and migrating to the fucking subarctic

On a visit??? No dude they'll be really nice to him, especially if he brings gifts (and maybe photos) to offset the slight burden of being a guest.

The Dutch are some of the tallest people in the world. You don't have to go far to find people who are shorter. If you identify as Vietnamese so badly then try moving to a Vietnamese community in a western country. Vietnam is still a commie shithole. Also, NEVER marry the Chinese, they are our genociders

learn how to speak the language then move there to be with your own people. find a nice woman, a job, and have a family. get old, and die like a normal decent man.

good luck user, i wish you the best. go find your happiness.

Yeah that's all nice and fucking dandy but my parents literally cut off all contact, I have never met any of my family. I don't know how to find them either. Maybe I should set up a facebook and look for people with my last name? It's Vũ.

Start learning the language.

Make your own contacts with your family in VN.

Start selling off stuff, putting money in the bank, and learning a skill that you can use to run your own business in VN (computers, food preparation, whatever)

Contact the VN embassy in whatever country you are in and ask about getting a work permit, visa, etc.

Visit.

If you actually like it, move there.

What did the Chinese do? I am really clueless about history in general.

>contact embassy
Shit that is pretty good idea.

>There are teenage girls who are 6 foot 1 here man.
Muh dick

asians are built for cold climates about as much as europeans are, hence why they have slit eyes

I have Vu's in my family and we're northerners who migrated south during the war. That's still unfortunately too little information for FB. My family is also paranoid and refuses to have a Facebook under a real name. If you have parents then ask them. If you can't stand them then you won't stand the rest.

good time to invest in vietnam, something like 10-50k euro can be turned into x10 or even x100 in the next 2 decades as the country rapidly modernizes. its a shame you dont speak the language because that just means ur an outsider.

you should just marry in the netherlands and become more dutch like your parents wanted.

Oh well thanks for the help man.

We've been their vassal for thousands of years. Then the Portuguese and French gave us a phonetic alphabet and we were able to avoid the Chinese and westernize ourselves. We became one of the wealthiest countries in Asia. Then some faggot Ho Chi Minh got brainwashed in Paris into communism and kicked out the French and killed the landowners (if you're from the north that definitely includes your relatives). Then the Catholics freaked out and moved south and Ho drove everyone into civil war. He almost lost but the faggot Ford pulled out and south Vietnam was dragged into communism. The economy absolutely tanked and people lived like niggers for a long time. Now Vietnam is opening it's markets, people are getting free-er and more restless, and the Chinese are slowly swallowing our border and ethnically colonizing the north.

Your parents moved there for a reason, now obey them and do what they tell you.

>What should be my first step?
buying a ticket to vietnam you fucking monkey retard. with your education you'd probably land a solid job or business in that shithole and become a bigg boss man with lots of almost free pussy