Why don't younger adults get their drivers license anymore?

Why don't younger adults get their drivers license anymore?

I understand not driving because no car or living in a place like NYC but why don't a lot of people in their 20s seem to have their drivers license at least anymore

I'm a 29 year old boomer and over here the driving age is 18 where everybody used to aim to get their license as soon as they hit that age. it was like a right of passage.

nowadays it feels like every one under 27 seems to either not have their license or got their license later (when they were around 23ish rather than when 18 or 19) . even my 27 year old sister doesn't have her license nor did my parents and family push for her to get it like they did with me and my older siblings.

what's the deal? what happened?

Attached: 1540032442769.jpg (2048x1365, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rvQ9DjJNal0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Boomer
>Under 30

Not like that here in Texas (Houston). Practically everyone got their license before graduating high school.

I'm in Houston too. We had overflow parking at High School because everyone had a car. I think the bigger question is why no one knows how to drive a manual anymore?

lol at this guy

>I didnt know what to do with my my life so I became an anime character.

Pretty sick car though not gonna lie.

Its hard to have enough money to be able to afford insurance, a car, car upkeep, along with all the other expenses. Rent alone is hard enough for young people. Boomers sold off our future to the Chinks.

You are a buttfucker.

Its just become incredibly expensive to own a car, not to mention extremely annoying to drive one, if you live in any kind of metropolis.

1. Buying the car with cash
2. Buying the car with credit and paying a decently sized monthly repayment
3. Servicing the car 2-3 times per year?
4. Annual Insurance
5. Annual Registration
6. Petrol

Now factor in the fact that the roads are fucking packed (example: Wage cucks stuck in traffic) and it being hard to find any kind of parking spots, and all the parking spots you can use are pricey as fuck.

I realized how shit having a car was when my grandmother was in hospital last year for a month, I was going in everyday to see her, and driving there was just a pain in the cunt, let a lone finding somewhere to park, it realised how much easier and cheaper it was to just take public transport in, or get an uber, or do both.

$25 by uber, or I $5 by train, or I drive their with my own car (which has all the costs associated with it ontop of it) and pay $10 for parking (if im lucky to get a parking spot at all inside the hospital), or infact pay $25-50 parking outside the hospital, and even then, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
But if you live in some kind of small city, with no much services, yeah probably worth having one, but def not if you live in a large city, unless you really care about the status of having a nice expensive vehicle.

Your shithole isn’t the USA.

Fuck you on about faggot

Also, my parents are lawyers, a few of the lawyers at their firm in the city spend $1500/month on just private parking.

Cars aren’t hard to own the the USA. You are a buttfucker.

Shithole!

Maybe you should acquire some reading comprehension. The costs combined with all the others are too much for many young people to afford. The older generation sold off industry overseas making career paths limited.

Got my license at 17 because I took too long to get my permit and you have to wait a year, i'm 28. I think zoomers and other youngsters are scared to drive.

This isnt new and has generally always been the case, you generally have long flat straight roads and larger cars with more torque/higher displacement, you've never had a need so people never learn.
The rest of the world generally have smaller roads and cars and the drivetrain losses of an automatic kill any smaller displacement cars so they give them a miss.
OP's pic is a good example its a celica/supra or some sort I dont know the exact details of it but in most of the world it would have a 1.8L: to 2L engine, but cars like this were sold with 2.4.-2.7L in the US because they were mostly autos and needed more torque.

I didn't realize he was Australian till I looked at your response.
I was having flashbacks to SanFrancisco's shitty roads, traffic, and parking

The more the place is a shithole, the more you need a car.

It just so happens that my city has developed enough travel infrastructure, that transport, both public and private, make owning a vehicle less and less important from a functional perspective.

28 year old boomer here, i'll never drive a car for as long as i live. as i was walking to work today i counted four people talking on their phone while driving and those are just the ones that i happened to see. people drive around like bullets, completely unaware of their surroundings. people roll up to stop signs and go halfway past because they're looking at their phone screen, fuck that. i don't want to die and i wish you all knew how mind bendingly stupid you are.

I'm a NEET.
Only need my feet.
To roam these streets.

I didn't get my license until I was 20 since the insurance was going to be high if I got it during HS.

Having come from working family, not gone to college and having no safety net I can say owning a car is not hard or too expensive!

Attached: 90329236632.jpg (249x202, 6K)

60 degrees and rolling blackouts? Shithole!

Its a bit expensive. Ive done lessons, I just need to do the test. Im 21 though.

That is a minority position of young people. Are you claiming that's often a more intelligent thing to do? I don't disagree. The fact remains that young people often don't have the funds for all the expenses. Whereas in the past of the 50+ people, such things were much easier.

Brutal, which city

Well, I didn't get my driver's license until I was 27. On my 27th birthday, actually. It takes a lot of capital to get a car and insurance, and my grandparents spent nearly all their money on stupid shit like milk glass and cherry wood china cabinets, and my parents spent what money my grandparents left them on cigarettes, weed, meth, and coke, and my minimum wage salary did not lend itself to purchasing a car in my teens. It wasn't until I got a halfway decent job I could start driving, and even then it was a struggle.

I did not get a license until 23 because no one gave a shit about me, I also got kicked out at 18 with nothing.

Pretty bog stock 1980's 100hp economic "sports car" not gonna lie.

Yet I've always owned a manual despite this. Just more fun to drive.

Because they are all budding SJWs trying to save the planet while avoiding any fiscal obligations.

They're gonna be driving themselves at a fraction of the cost within 4 years.

Give me one reason I should shit out cash for a car + x2 for insurance when I can get around with pic related & public transport.

Attached: 29187539.jpg (1024x1344, 121K)

I was born in the mid 80s and only have a HS education. No parental safety net. Don’t feed me that BS.

Shithole, Australia

Didn't you get made fun of enough in /fa/?

because it's a waste of money to buy and maintain, get a motorcycle.

Attached: traitorkikes.jpg (850x400, 74K)

I got my license at 25.

It felt weird taking private driver's ed with a bunch of 15/16-year-old kids.

this. price of maintenance on vehicle+price of registration means you can't swing a house and an apartment without 2 jobs

In my shithole, getting a driver's licence is super hard, so some people give up altogether after failing the exam for 8th or 9th time. Still, it's only a small number, and most adults of my age get it because it makes life easier, especially in rural areas where public transport is scarce.
I got mine relatively late, at 22, and only recently bought a car.

Attached: AE85.png (555x314, 234K)

apartment/house and car is what I mean*

Calm, mutt

Attached: 1549824378973.png (1124x598, 159K)

Just like you should have.

>1. Buying the car with cash
Shouldn't be too hard to save up $1k for an AU Falcon.

>3. Servicing the car 2-3 times per year?
I.E changing $100 worth of oil a year, maybe the odd spark plug at $10 for a set, but tyres will set you back a few hungy when you eventually wear through them.
>4. Annual Insurance
Don't drive like a spastic.
5. Annual Registration
This is one of two main expenses in owning a car, it's now close to $1k a year and most of that is for 3rd party (((INSURANCE))).
>6. Petrol
This is THE main expense.

Bull fucking shit.

Way more white, buttfucker.

This shithole dweller is my kind of shithole dweller.

Money and lazyness. I didn’t get my full license till I was 29.

I hear you like feet?

Attached: 1499140394224.gif (279x285, 1.32M)

Lazy leaf.

> Boomer
> under 60

Imma tell you like this. I'm in my mid 30s.

I got my learner's permit when I was 16-17. We were honestly the last generation that had it good, even though we had to get permits and go to driving school by law. Older generations didn't have these burdens.

But then came the nanny state laws. Like restrictions on nighttime driving, having passengers in your car, lower BAC alcohol limits if you were under 21, etc. This is primarily caused by the 80s boomers driving their IROC sloshed on Zima, or flipping their pick up truck with 1/2 their high school class in the bed on their way home from a party.

Kids these days are fucked. They have to vape or drink a Red Bull for some pep. They don't even smoke cigarettes to be edgy. They don't even smoke real weed but some concentrated wax dabs bullshit. They don't even care about owning a car and turning wrenches to keep it running. A car to them is an appliance to plug their iPod into so they can listen to music while moving. We've sissified Western men to extinction. And the costs of maintenance, insurance, taxes, etc. makes owning a cool car out of reach for many people. My generation still had a tad bit of freedom but I felt the state clamping down even then. It's only worse now.

Thats the point. You buy some 2009 Ford Falcon and you spend 2-3 times every year just to keep it running and insured.

How does that make any sense?

Younhave a weak constitution and live in a shithole. That’s the point. Clearly you are a baby.

I was smoking so much weed during when i was doing driving lessons it would have been reckless of me to get the certificate. I drunk drove a bit during that time as well.

I had recurring dreams of driving like shit in those years as well. Now im 24 and i get smirky comments about not having the certificate by older people. I need to get it but at this point im just too fucking lazy.

Its in good shape though and not rusted to shit.

I saw a dude in one of those driving school cars today with a woman as his teacher. Had to be like 23 or so. I laughed for at least an hour over it.

>nowadays it feels like every one under 27 seems to either not have their license or got their license later
It's a slow decline mate, but not the epidemic that you seem to be representing here. Besides, we have 20% less purchasing power than previous generations and almost everyone is becoming poorer, not richer.

Attached: facepalm.jpg (700x528, 33K)

It really doesn't matter if you don't have a car.
So you buy your inexperienced kid a $1500 deathtrap from the 90's with broken seatbelts at a time when the probability of an accident is the highest in their lives.
They get to play "adult" driving themselves to school and drunk driving on the weekends while the insurance buttfucks you.
We've all heard that story about a fledgling young Chad coming face to face with his mortality wrapping himself around a tree with 5 other kids in his shitbox.
The bus was free and I got to take naps and do homework on it.
It's just stoopid, the system is rotten to the core.
Anyway, the less people on the road the better, I'm sick of all these dumbasses clogging up the roads while I'm on my motorbike, or driving my nice car that I don't want to get rear ended by some dumb college slut.

Attached: 9d63dfe26a15775f0649ae30a0655da133553662a41342e6f297c55d64aa3297.gif (500x383, 474K)

Please don't drink and drive user. Almost got killed by someone that did that.

Where do you live faggot? Everyone where I'm from drives.

You are a low class idiot who associates with with low class people.

Fag

Pretty much this. Some moron in my High School had a Dodge Viper. Who buys their retarded stoner teenager a V-10?

This.

I don't know about Aussie land but even here the biggest killer is insurance. Even when I was 16, I wanted a 5.0 Mustang (yeah yeah I know), but the cost of insurance was like $5k a year for and $8-10k car (back then).

Attached: 3689560001_large[1].jpg (575x431, 68K)

No one can afford a car with wages in the shitter and auto prices bloated by feature creep.
Even if you can afford one, a major breakdown is a deviating financial blow. I stopped buying cars because I got sick of having to randomly shit out $1000+ when the chinkshit parts break in these faggot cars stuffed with electronics. It's not like the 90s where you can run a shitbox and fix it while drinking beers on the weekend.

I like men’s feet.

I'm paying about $300 a month to insure my kid on my car.

Same reason kids don't ride bikes anymore.

Post pics of the truck in the background

Unless you were homeschooled there is no way you didn't have someone in your graduating class wrap a car around a tree and turn into a vegetable.

Attached: 1548906920351m.jpg (1024x576, 193K)

>Anyway, the less people on the road the better, I'm sick of all these dumbasses clogging up the roads while I'm on my motorbike, or driving my nice car that I don't want to get rear ended by some dumb college slut.

Even though your post is true, it does nothing to address the beaners without registration and insurance driving their shitbox. What are you going to do? Sue them? If they get criminally charged, DHS will deport them and you won't ever see a dime of the money they cost you. This is enough of a problem with just the US citizens, but now we have illegal beaners all over the roads too.

Unless you live in the boondocks that's exactly what it's like here, too. Fuck, NYC has parking as high as $50/hr. Fuck driving in any major city.

New Jersey here.
Got my license at 15
>pic related is my car

Attached: vector w8.jpg (1600x1200, 675K)

Too many niggers.

I don't know your situation, but when I got my license, the family insurance policy skyrocketed as soon as I got my license by the mere virtue that there was another licensed driver in the household that "could" potentially use the car.

Never forget that insurance is a Jew game.

>incredibly expensive to own a car
>price of maintenance on vehicle
i paid 1k for my car 3 years ago, have done maybe 40,000kms in that time, have not spend $1 maintaining it except for tires, still on the oil that was in it when i purchased it fkn kek.
guess what car allows you to get away with this?
>Shouldn't be too hard to save up $1k for an AU Falcon.
you guessed it, the greatest car ever manufactured, the AU fucking falcon.

they may not be pretty but the just keep going, as long as you don't mind not having a roof lining.

>2009

Jesus fuck mate is that what you consider to be old? AU is from 2000 and that's new enough to probably not need any maintenance.
Insurance is a Jewish scam.

Cars are cheap as fuck right now because every dumb cunt and his dog thinks he needs a brand new 50k SUV every 5 years. There's shitloads of perfectly good modern cars with fuel efficient reliable DOHC engines for under $3k.
Like I said the main expenses are Fuel and Registration.

Almost thought I was on /leftypol/ after reading this faggot post

was young & dumb, don't drive anything anymore. Much less drink & drive.

I got my license when I was 16, even had a shitty old honda civic my grandma gave to me. Gave it to my brother when I went to uni and he ran it into the junkyard. Now I can't afford a car, and don't need one, seems like too much of a burden.

>Unless you live in the boondocks that's exactly what it's like here, too. Fuck, NYC has parking as high as $50/hr. Fuck driving in any major city.

but it's even worse in Europe where vehicle taxes depend on how many liters your engine is (that's why small turbo and diesel engines are so popular), and fuel is very expensive.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to beat them and tell the cops he came at me.
Full coverage anyway my man when you turn 25 with a clean record you get the red carpet treatment.

Attached: 1550080183018.jpg (703x1024, 199K)

city people don't need it

Protip:
>don't buy insurance
>open bank account
>call it "insurance"
>pay 5k a year into said bank account
>if anything bad happens use that money

Congratulations you now know how to insurance without making some jew cunt rich.

Fuck cars get a paramotor
youtu.be/rvQ9DjJNal0

That's it brah, that's it.

Yeah, pretty much. I have a ZL1 Camaro I keep garaged and I insured him on it too just for kicks. My insurance company breaks it out by driver and it's around $300 a month for my 17 year old.

>i paid 1k for my car 3 years ago, have done maybe 40,000kms in that time, have not spend $1 maintaining it except for tires, still on the oil that was in it when i purchased it fkn kek.
>guess what car allows you to get away with this?

But that's straight up trashball shit.

If you want a car, that handles well, and grips the road well, you want good tires, brakes, responsive suspension. In countries like Switzerland you're required by law to buy a set of snow tires for winter use. Germany has very strict inspections.

Problem with America is that any Puerto Rican with a dented up minivan can get it registered and clog up traffic driving it 10 MPH under the speed limit in the passing lane with 17 of their welfare kids packed into it sitting on one another's laps.

i should add that i was driving around in 47*C weather the other month and car did not break a sweat, aircon is ice cold still also.
the only downside is they can be thirsty if you have a heavy foot or hills.

I pay 57/more for a bus/rail pass that gets me anywhere in the city. Car could be 6x that. About an extra hour and a half Transit time per day but I typically study during that time. Make enough money to buy a car but when you've given up on women, priorities change.

I pay $22/month and drive a car with 215,000 miles. Just drive it until it breaks millenails always want the nicest shit when they should be buying early 90s suburus

>old subarus
Are you an old lesbian?

any drunk friend terrorized anyone with a car.

lots of ppl remembered and decided, let others loose their license....

Ban Dodge Caravans and half the spics will self deport.
Minivan drivers are the biggest cunts on the planet, they're so miserable in their garbage mobiles they have to take it out on everybody else on the road.
I just really fucking hate Dodge Caravans.

Attached: 0be29df29d5a38855968f31970a1e3ebfde9ac40e98ce324f0185844ab019404.jpg (710x757, 188K)

Nope. No one at my HS. 1600 kids.

You'd be surprised just how good the mighty AU Falcon handles.

i wont talk about the breaks or suspension lol but it still handles well for an old boat.

Parking isn’t driving you dope.

Then you went to a very low T highschool.