1969: America goes to the moon

1969: America goes to the moon
2019: America can't build high speed rail between just two cities

What happened? Why is doing anything so difficult now?
Why all these absurd costs and bureaucracy and delays?

Attached: 1359979289140.png (600x397, 275K)

The California high speed rail project was just a vehicle for graft. Also, a space program has fewer environmental / regulatory barriers than building train tracks, which requires eminent domain, environmental impact surveys, etc.

>Why all these absurd costs and bureaucracy and delays?
petro dollar and auto industry.

Attached: eminent domain.jpg (613x600, 41K)

> Why all these absurd costs and bureaucracy and delays?
A lot of people want free shekels.

Pandering to the poors instead of building the future

High speed rail is a meme inferior to air travel in every single way.

It’s called lawyers... they’re destroying America

Various pressure groups like Americans for Prosperity which are funded by Highway lobby magnates like the Koch bros have an absolute stranglehold on most of the US. The entire GOP and the neoliberal Democratic party would sooner sacrifice their kids to Wall Street than allow a single set of rails to be set down in America.
Keep paying your tolls, gas and roads Amerigoyim! It sets you free(tm)!

Attached: Screenshot_20190213_190149.jpg (1080x454, 130K)

Bump

>america goes to the moon

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

i have news for you. america goes to hell.
that's the only place you all go.

Nice meme flag ultra nigger

You can't build a Stockholm with constituents from sinola and Mogadishu

Women, shitskins, and Jews in politics

>America goes to the moon
90 percent white country
>California cannot build a train
90 percent mestizo state

Same shit that happened to us. Too many hands in the till. Caused by too much bureaucracy. So not enough money.

America was like 95% white in 1969. Plus welfare had only been around for a few years at that point

Attached: 069803CE-1BDE-4DDF-ADF8-206E0F957372.jpg (1200x1153, 136K)

but they are the same people literally

Red tape and money exchanging hands. NOTHING should be this hard in 2019 but government's involvement intentionally causes shit that could be done in a day take weeks

Public transportation is for blacks, poor people, and Europeans. I have a car. I can stop it whenever I want to. I can take it to motels and McDonalds, There's no competition. Why would I want my traffic to be slowed down by railway construction? Fuck that.

High speed rail is dumb. There's absolutely no reason for it.

And it absolutely does not solve a single environmental problem either. The problem is commuting. Less commuting means a better environment on absolutely all metrics.

Kangz and liberals my friend. Conservatives aren't much help either considering all they're fighting for is "muh bebiz muh gunz" the two party system is a joke and the reason shit cant get done