Little brother doesn't want to go to his 10 year high school reunion next year

>little brother doesn't want to go to his 10 year high school reunion next year
>says there's no point because he didn't have any friends and he was bullied a lot
>I tell him "Don't give me that shit. It's your high school reunion, and you ARE going."
>nope.jpg
>tell my parents about this, hoping they will be on my side and exert some pressure on little bro
>they say it's his decision and I should leave him alone

I know my high school years were better because I had friends and wasn't bullied and stuff, but he went to school with some good kids and there is no excuse for not having some fondness for the four years he spent there. None. It would be beyond rude to ignore their invitations to the reunion, and he would regret the decision to boot. Would I be stepping beyond my bounds if I badgered him about this continuously for the next five months?

Attached: 1539781151883.jpg (644x900, 80K)

Fuck off dumb animeposter

Fuck you.

Do you realize you are just now bullying your little brother for the same reason (being different) he was bullied at school?

Attached: 1544219617768.gif (421x269, 1.97M)

Fuck
You

Ouch, I didn't mean to touch a nerve. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers by having a difference in opinion.

Not sure if I would describe myself as bullying him. I'm frustrated with him, but I never directly insulted him or namecalled.

Gotta see it from his perspective. If he had a miserable time at high school why should he go and be reminded of it?

What's the big deal? I didn't go to any of my highschool reunions because I hated that place and most of my classmates.
Let your brother live his own life. If my brother tried to boss me around I'd tell him to go fuck himself

I've just never had a thing for introversion or social anxiety. Rubs me the wrong way. Whenever people talk to me about being shy, I always think of them as kind of a weirdo, but try to be constructive and tell them "Just walk up to someone and say hi. That simple." If I seem insensitive with my brother, it's because years of listening to him whine about being shy and anxious has driven me fucking batty. Just fucking talk to people, they aren't going to take out a spiked bat and beat you with it.

Why is it any of your business at all? Fucking hell, you're the most obnoxious kind of person

Here's a crazy idea - Let him conduct his life the way he wants to, and conduct your own life the way you want to. Maybe it wouldn't drive you "batty" if you didn't feel entitled to control his fucking life. This whole thing is just
>ARRRGHHH WHY WOULD A PERSON BE DIFFERENT THAN ME
but you have this weird idea that he's supposed to follow your orders. It would be annoying enough if you were his father, but it's just bizarre coming from a sibling. Drop it and chill the fuck out

I'm six years older than him. I'm 33 to his 27. I was a first grader when he was a newborn, a 10 year old when he was 4, and a 16 year old when he was 10. He resents me for being "controlling," but that's just natural given our age differences while growing up.

>33
>Trying to control his younger brother because he thinks he knows better

Dude lay off of your brother. He's 27. You don't need to tell him what to do. There's 0 logical reason to be acting the way that you are.

Unless you've struggled with social anxiety yourself don't reduce their point of view to "just fucking talk to people because they wont hurt you".

I had a few friends in high school but the majority of the time I was being ripped on for being so anxious. I have Asperger's syndrome but decided to keep it to myself cause I didn't want to go into my adult life using it as an excuse to shut myself away from the world.

If people are shy, it's most likely cause every attempt they made when they were younger to socialize ended with them catching shit from people like you who think they're in any kind of position to judge someone for how they choose to conduct themselves.

If you want to be a good brother, sit down with him and let him know you understand where he's coming from and that you're there for him. Maybe if you had done that for him back when he was in school he wouldn't be in the same boat that I was only a few years ago.

Leave your brother alone dude. Fuck high school. Don’t force him to enjoy his past years or look back on it fondly, especially when he had a shit time. You may think the kids there were good but he sure didn’t, so just back the fuck off and let him make his own choices.

I don't know why anything would want to go to a highschool reunion, let alone someone who didn't enjoy highschool

Why the fuck would you force him to go? Just leave him be ffs

Fuck every single person I went to high school with. I wasn't even particularly bullied I would just rather poach, roast and eat my own shoes then spend a night in a room with the shit stains I went to school with. Fuck that and fuck you.

My school didn't even have a 10 year reunion. I heard this was a thing and my parents told me how fun theirs was so I was looking forward to catching up with everyone and being able to apologize in person to those I was a dick to that I can't find on social media. Now I'm just living with regrets and wondering what everyone's been up to.

Do people actually go to these things? Surely anyone worth seeing you'd still be in contact with anyway?

Also don't force your brother to go, spending time with his former tormentors won't make him more extroverted.

Dude.
He doesn't. Want. To go.
Let that sink in and just fucking h deal with it.

Jesus christ, you the one with the issue. Some people just don't click with others, doesn't mean you should try and project your own positive experiences onto him. If it's crippling anxiety then he should seek help for it but you should probably seek help for being a fucking control freak, you are 33 don't you have a job to do or family to look after instead of babying a grown man

Damn nibb, I wasn't even bullied but why the fuck would I go. I heard it was a disaster and all the school thots showed up.
I had no interest in seeing a bunch of people I was forced to spend time with and interact with. I didn't have things in common with them and I didn't have anything to really say to them, no more than the next stranger. And I don't really like strangers either.

My fond memories were of times I spent with friends with whom I still spend time, and I don't need a fucking faggy reunion staffed by thots and basic bros to spend time with them.

I have no idea why you have such an erection for high school but for a lot of us quiet types, it was kind of just being forced to learn in a suboptimal environment. I don't really need to cover details but yes, badgering your brother for five fucking months over a shitty reunion he probably won't even enjoy is wildly shitty, to the point I'd expect him to smack your fatass gob for it. Lord knows I'd tell someone to shut the ever-loving fuck up, at least.

Of all the ignorant horseshit I've seen posted to Jow Forums this is some of the highest caliber fuckassery. Even the no gf guys have a stronger leg to stand on here.
>likes to shit on people with social anxiety
>Wonders why they swerve on him

Why do you want him to go? What is so important about him going, other than it being rude to the organizer?

>If you want to be a good brother, sit down with him and let him know you understand where he's coming from and that you're there for him.

He actually did send me an email when he was in 9th grade talking about how he was being bullied. I just told him that he should be thankful for what he has and listed off people who had it worse, like our mom whose father was dying of liver failure at the time.

We've had some pretty ugly clashes because I can't relate to his introversion and shyness, honestly. In 12th grade I told Mom and Dad that they needed to force him to go to the prom, and when they said no I got into a fight with him. I got mad and shouted at him, calling him pathetic and saying that when our grandfather was his age he was fighting in Vietnam, and yet he couldn't do something as simple as ask out a girl for a date. I ended up tossing his PS3 and XBox in the back of my car before heading home that night, telling him that he wouldn't get it back unless he stopped being so withdrawn and asked a girl to the prom. (He didn't, but I of course eventually returned them anyway.)

Anyway, you've given me some things to think about. I always thought people were bullied because they have bad personalities, and that if they were just more friendly and outgoing and normal that they wouldn't be bullied, but maybe it's the other way around.

>We've had some pretty ugly clashes because I can't relate to his introversion and shyness, honestly. In 12th grade I told Mom and Dad that they needed to force him to go to the prom, and when they said no I got into a fight with him. I got mad and shouted at him, calling him pathetic and saying that when our grandfather was his age he was fighting in Vietnam, and yet he couldn't do something as simple as ask out a girl for a date. I ended up tossing his PS3 and XBox in the back of my car before heading home that night, telling him that he wouldn't get it back unless he stopped being so withdrawn and asked a girl to the prom. (He didn't, but I of course eventually returned them anyway.)
Truly one of the more intricate and dedicated trolls I've seen, I award you the golden bait award

I hope to see more of your bait in the future.
>in case you're real
>newsflash: your personality is totally reprehensible and honestly, it's a miracle the man still fucking talks to you. I wouldn't; you're a shit influence with your head up your ass and a chip on your shoulder, and it's a miracle nobody's told you sooner that you're full to the brim with shit and that you're a shittier person for it.
>I'm just thankful my brothers aren't regurgitated ass like you are. I weep for your brother.

Why do you think my personality is reprehensible?

>My way is right, others are wrong
>out of a fucking thirty-plus
Black-and-white worldviews stop being acceptable once you're, oh, 21-- carrying them anywhere past that is just patent stupidity and narrow-mindedness.
But then you sack your brother with it, tell him he's gotta live like you. Shit man, all people with anxieties ever wanted out of YOUR kind was that you leave us the fuck alone. Constantly forcing your shit in peoples' faces, being a fucking aggressive prick about everything. You kidnapped his fucking possessions just to make your shitty, irrelevant point to him. Like shit I'm his age (28 actually) and been considering my childhood deeply and thoroughly but you got me on some previous level shit. I'm pretty much fine with it now and actualized, because at least my brothers didn't fuck with my own possessions. And that's considering they still managed to rack up some good shit and ours were extenuating circumstances. Even with outside factors at play, they were more civil than you.

Honestly he seems normie as fuck. You kinda seem like you got some sort of behavioral shit going on. Like really nibba? The 'Vietnam' argument? Bitch please, don't talk about that shit like you or I have any idea what that was like. We don't. Leveraging it against teenagers isn't noble or inspiring, it's derisive and disrespectful-- nobody went to Vietnam so you could wage ethical high ground battles against your own brother.

Seriously. My brother had a huge talk with me about life man-to-man, with helping me at heart. Didn't need to steal my shit or play high grounds to do it. Take a note or two.

No, it really isn't. I have a brother 5 years younger than me. I give him advice but I don't boss him around like this. For fuck's sake you're both adults. Your brother might be a little shy but you are a legit mental case

For someone who keeps talking about being outgoing and normal, you severely lack understanding of how other people behave. I wouldn't be surprised if people laugh behind your back and pretend to like you.

you are AGGRESSIVELY unsympathetic towards other people's feelings or problems. You seem to have this idea that you are "helping" your brother, but in every instance mentioned in this thread you've reacted in pretty much the worst way you could. I mean you summed it up pretty well right here:
>He actually did send me an email when he was in 9th grade talking about how he was being bullied. I just told him that he should be thankful for what he has and listed off people who had it worse, like our mom whose father was dying of liver failure at the time.
He tells you he's having a problem, and you basically just tell him "yeah well other people have bigger problems." That is a non-sequitur, it doesn't help him with his problem, it certainly doesn't make it go away, it is just completely fucking unrelated. It doesn't even sound like he was whining, it sounds like he was asking his brother for advice or at least a little sympathy.

"Tough love" can be a good thing but you are doing it completely wrong. Frankly I'm surprised he still talks to you at all, he's tougher than you give him credit just for putting up with your shit.

How many friends and gfs did you have when you were there because his perspective seems totally incomprehensible to you.

you remind me of my mother, who played a huge role in shaping me into the extremely introverted socially anxious wreck I am today. You're probably making him worse.

i can't believe this many took this bait baka

sounds like you had a good time, your brother didnt, why are you pushing him?

Your "little brother" is 28 years old and has made up his grown-ass man mind to NOT attend the bullshit event that is a 10 year high school reunion. Lay the fuck off of him already. If you're so convinced that the people who picked on him were "good kids", then attend the event yourself. Geez...

user were you just born incapable of understanding empathy or perspective?

Attached: 1544335479102.jpg (750x744, 71K)

God you sound like a dummy. Let your brother do whatever he wants. It's not any of your business.

Personally I don't see what the fuck the point of a high school reunion is, and I wasn't even bullied.

>Would I be stepping beyond my bounds if I badgered him about this continuously for the next five months?
Yes, how you feel means nothing. It's his decision. Don't be an idiot about free will.

The reason for him to go is so those assholes from highschool can be confronted with the awkwardness of their past and be uncomfortable talking about it, or else maybe, just maybe, actually apologize. That's what means the most.

What else we gonna do on Jow Forums, bowb?

So what has OP been doing since high school? If by some miracle he has a steady job I really feel sorry for his coworkers. When I was in college I would have believed that people like him couldn't possibly exist and that it's just a troll but every work site has an "enforcer" type like OP. The one that makes his coworkers' lives a living hell by making them feel like they are hostages being made to smile at gunpoint. He's the exact type that the whole office is secretly hoping will overstep his bounds one day and get #MeToo'd.

Attached: MorseCode_Torture[1].jpg (645x403, 34K)

>ten year reunion comes up
>end up not going because it was a 4 hour drive back home and I wanted to put in some overtime at work
>see a post about it on Facebook
>the only people who went were all the townies who hang out with each other every day anyway

Didn’t miss anything. No regrets. Class reunions are pretty archaic. Everyone’s shit is online 24/7 anymore. What’s to reunite about?

God you sound like an asshole, if this isn't a troll thread, which it likely is

What’s it like being gregarious but totally unaware of how others function? It has to be an inescapable hell

There is literally no reason for you to worry or care about whether your brother chooses to go or not. He's an adult and you should act like an adult and leave him alone about it. You're absolutely already stepping beyond your bounds. If I had a sibling like you I would have no choice but to completely cut off contact.

you are a fucking sociopath

This is either bait or you're a woman

if this aint bait.
You are one of the few people who would make the world a better place by killing themselves. Please consider.

>I've just never had a thing for extraversion or social confidence. Rubs me the wrong way. Whenever people talk to me about being outgoing, I always think of them as kind of a weirdo, but try to be constructive and tell them "Just keep to yourself and don't just babble out everything that comes to your mind. That simple." If I seem insensitive with my brother, it's because years of listening to him talk about being outgoing and assertive has driven me fucking batty. Just fucking stop talking to people, they aren't going to take out a spiked bat and beat you with it.

Shame on you, OP

Introversion is not wrong.

Ten bucks OP is the 27 introverted incel faggot who’s RPing as his controlling brother on a Georgian carrot peeling forum because he’s unable to talk about his problems in 1st person.

nigga what the fuck lmao who the fuck goes to their high school reunions I'm still in contact with all of the people I came up with it's called facebook lol
most of them are still around my old neighborhood anyway and doing jack shit because there's no fuckin jobs

I was in six relationships during high school. Five during freshman and sophomore year, one for the remainder. One of them moved away. Four I broke up with because they did things and made decisions I morally disapproved of. The sixth I considered the love of my life, but she died in a car wreck in college.

As for friends, probably more than a hundred. I bounced around from group to group and had friends in basically every possible social group.

Anyway, point taken, majority rules. I'll concede this battle and not bother him about the reunion. However, the war (to get him to become more confident and stop being so withdrawn and introverted) will continue.

what the hell business is it of yours anyway? god, you people butting into everybodys life

This has to be bait. I've been thinking about it since yesterday. God please be bait.

Why do you want this to be bait so much?

you retard. How stupid can you be? Ofcourse its bait. Its just some retard looking to bait normalfags. OP responses are also retarded and tries to bait even more

because otherwise it would mean people like OP really think this way. I mean obviously he's not stupid because he's been quite eloquent in his replies, so that would mean he really believes that shit.

I was never bullied really but I hated my school. I didn't like the people and the teachers were always horrible. I have 0 nostalgia or fondness for that place, if it were to burn down I would not be sad. No way will I ever be going to any dumb reunion. He has his reasons and its his choice, fuck off and leave him alone