Woman Arrested for Posting Video Online

Her son recorded a fight at his school on his phone and she posted it on Facebook.

Adkins-Barras was arrested on Wednesday and was charged with Unlawful Posting of Criminal Activity for Notoriety and Publicity.

Louisiana law on posting criminal activity states: 'It shall be unlawful for a person who is either a principal or accessory to a crime to obtain an image of the commission of the crime using any camera, videotape, photo-optical, photo-electric, or any other image recording device and to transfer that image obtained during the commission of the crime by the use of a computer online service, Internet service, or any other means of electronic communication, including but not limited to a local bulletin board service, Internet chat room, electronic mail, or online messaging service for the purpose of gaining notoriety, publicity, or the attention of the public.'

Attached: 0.png (364x494, 489K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_qXDajZVvo&t=4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Article and News Report

youtube.com/watch?v=k_qXDajZVvo&t=4s

Attached: 1.png (796x4456, 3.79M)

has this law been challenged in court yet? seems 1st amendment like shit to me

she's clearly not an accomplice in this scenario, she wasn't even there

Does Louisiana not have world star?

32 years old with a kid in high school

ok? is that all?

stupid goyess, (((we))) are the only ones that can show news to people.

Why was this not the video I was hoping for?

Just too much chin.

>32 years old with a kid in high school
Obviously, he inherited her high IQ and advanced/skipped several grades.

Looking at her hair...
10 - 1 odds her son is black.

what warranted you insulting her intelligence? sure she's a woman but nothing she did is "stupid". kys nigger

"I'm an independent journalist"

Attached: 1536699697289.jpg (453x600, 57K)

I have a female friend who recorded herself confronting a girl at school about "talking shit." She broadcast the incident on Facebook Live. No threats were made and no violence, but she was punished by the school

This kind of legislation directly addresses social media. I love it. I want recourse for attention whores trying to out-do each other. She did this purely for nigger "rep," not to actually help with anything

>what warranted you insulting her intelligence?
How is bragging about her high IQ insulting?

>Unlawful Posting of Criminal Activity for Notoriety and Publicity

Wat

As written the law seems OK - recording and posting a crime which the person was a party to committing is a sufficiently damaging practice to society and rule of law that on its face criminalizing it seems like a sufficiently narrow law that the government has a compelling interest to pass. Hard to say from just a headline whether the application in this case is constitutional, though.

>'It shall be unlawful for a person who is either a principal or accessory to a crime to obtain an image of the commission of the crime using any camera, videotape, photo-optical, photo-electric, or any other image recording device and to transfer that image obtained during the commission of the crime by the use of a computer online service, Internet service, or any other means of electronic communication, including but not limited to a local bulletin board service, Internet chat room, electronic mail, or online messaging service for the purpose of gaining notoriety, publicity, or the attention of the public.'

So they're going to be suing everyone who filmed the towers on 9/11 right? News organizations, private persons etc. Because reading that law says you can do exactly that.

What idiot made this law, and what group of idiots passed it? It won't stand up to it's first serious challenge. What a bunch of legislative morons.

Yep. Yet another Jewish power grab to control who may and may not distribute information. All disguised as punishing bullies and terrorists.

>dyed hair = black offspring
intredasting

Attached: 4TEN.full.39779.jpg (1280x815, 257K)

>Live in Muh Freedom
>Get arrested and charged for posting a video
WTF happened?

Attached: DzaG8xKWwAAVjdr.jpg (640x800, 99K)

No you fucking retard. That specific dye job and hair style. Are you a moron?

You have to hand the video over to "the media" and then it's OK. It's different for them.

>damaging practice to society and rule of law
fuck society

It's common knowledge really.

Attached: the-im-white-but-my-children-arent-haircut-%F0%9F%92%80%F0%9F%92%80-14332026[1].png (500x691, 181K)

Me on the right.

Two towers was in New York. This law is a Louisiana state law. Different jurisdictions. It's like how fucking your cousin is ok someplaces, and not ok in others.

>recording and posting a crime which the person was a party to committing is a sufficiently damaging practice to society and rule of law
What the fuck are you talking about? Criminals recording their crimes is great for law enforcement, it makes it so much easier to find them.

Whew they declared jihad against world war? That's bold with all the glorious diversity enriching their state

World *star

You're missing the point, this would add extra criminalization to something like the knockout game or whatever that was called. Discouraging the notoriety seeking behavior would hopefully discourage the crimes themselves.

Funny they never arrest camera niggers from worldstar hiphop with this law

Trad AF

A mutual fight is not a crime so unless there was some other crime broken at the school this is just all bullshit. With this logic every police chase and robbery aired on television breaks the law.

At least the kid is alive you beta faggot

We found the virgin of the thread

>Freedom of speech
>Except when you're trying to show that crime happens
kek

>a person who is either a principal or accessory to a crime
How is she a principal or accessory to the crime? Cops are low IQ retards

>32
>son is high school aged
She must be a coal burner

>A mutual fight is not a crime
That's not true but thanks for contributing to the collective dumbing down of this site's userbase.

this, unironically. i've tried to explain to friends that I can spot coal burners just from the way they do their hair and makeup and no one believes me but it's 100% accurate.

That law is unconstitutional because it violates the first amendment. To call to the attention of the public is a duty of the press.

It doesn't matter if they feel it is a compelling interest, the constitution is the law over all other law. The have to use amendments to bypass it, not the opinions of men in robes.