Why did the world stand by and ignore Indonesia invading and occupying East Timor for 24 years and killing maybe 200...

Why did the world stand by and ignore Indonesia invading and occupying East Timor for 24 years and killing maybe 200,000-300,000 people?

Attached: question.gif (180x180, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/10/the-indonesia-documents-and-the-us-agenda/543534/)
youtube.com/watch?v=3wUFhBXhq9c
spiked-online.com/2008/01/28/suharto-made-and-broken-by-the-west/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who?

What?

whomst?

Because the leadership caste are marxist scumbags;ergo, muslims and marxist goat fuckers get a pass.
Endgame: destruction of western civilization.

Whence?

Because Australian mining companies need to protect their investments, just like West Papua

I've seen Cronenberg movies that make more sense than this post.
1975-1999

There isn't really minerals to mine in East Timor.
There is natural gas off shore, and the fertile land is good for coffee and sandalwood plantations.
But this could have been extracted without the savage butchery.

Fuck you, it's start with civil war, one want to separate with indonesia, and those people live on those shithole island are majority christian, so it's christian killing other christian, until the indo govt deployed the military since aussie have hands on the timorese independence movement.

One of the goal by aussie is to have access to the port, if you aware, aussie have logistic problem, the shipping route are too far, the port in east timor solve that.

No oil there so they don't need democracy

No one cares about some Sateh eating mudslimes, memeflaggot.

>start with civil war
UDT took up arms against Fretlin, this ended very quickly and was likely provoked by Indonesias pre-invasion psy-op campaign
>one want to separate with Indonesia
The fuck nigga?
East Timor was never part of Indonesia
It was a Portugese colony
They want to go through the decolonisation process with Portugal, build up the local economy and infrastructure, and become an independent nation
>and those people live on those shithole island are majority christian, so it's christian killing other christian, until the indo govt deployed the military
A conflict Indonesia provoked to provide a justification, they were training UDT and Pro-Indonesian forces in the islands west.
>since aussie have hands on the timorese independence movement.
LOLWUT
Whitlam supported Indoesia taking it over you incompetent dolt
>One of the goal by aussie is to have access to the port, if you aware, aussie have logistic problem, the shipping route are too far, the port in east timor solve that.
This makes no fucking sense you Javanese fucking rat die in a fire

chistopher hitchens was the only person i can think of who ever mentioned it. still never bothered to learn about the conflict, tea bee h

Timorese are Catholic
The Indonesians invading and butchering and raping them were Muslim
When their commanders weren't telling the soldiers that they were fighting Chinese and Vietnamese invaders they were telling them they were on a Jihad

nobody gives a fuck

And that is my question

we were the best allies with australia under soeharto, east timor and papau are irrelevant islands no one cares about anyway

Attached: file.png (500x366, 291K)

>Timorese are Catholic
That's pretty fucked up. Why did they take the white man's religion? Could they not invent their own? Sounds like they were asking for trouble.

>hey guy relax we're just gonna kill a few hundred thousand people no problem right?

Attached: i got the sheriff.gif (320x240, 54K)

East Timor has no friends. Indonesia has the USA.

Portuguese colonisers brought missionaries who converted them in the 1600s

They were using Hawk attack jets by the 1980s and 1990s, where'd they get them?

>>Javanese fucking rat die in a fire
the catholocuck seethes with rage as his communist enabling religion gets bent ass over by anglo protestants and javanese muslims.

they are too embarrased to point out that his split island was "liberated" only when indonesia fell apart in '98 thanks to Soros and australia conveniently had an excuse to take the state for their own use

Attached: file.png (650x366, 217K)

That was pretty fucking stupid of these East Timorese. I never get that about shitskin Christians. We invented religion to keep low life in the gutter where it belongs.

Timor had an independence vote

I understand why you would forget such a thing seeing as how those two words don't exist in the Indonesian language

They voted for freedom in a perfectly legitimate and above board UN monitored vote

Indonesian """militias""" - actually police, soldiers, and special forces in civilian garb and armed from military stockpiles - ran wild in an orgy of violence destroying homes and massacring people and trying for force the population to flee into the west of the island in a desperate bid to delegitimise the vote

Attached: joker.jpg (576x432, 30K)

who?

Cold War
/thread

Howard and Australia did everything to avoid getting involved, they supported the UN vote because they assumed that Indonesia would do the same thing it did in Papua back in 1969: rig it and intimidate everyone into voting their way
But they underestimated how incompetent Indonesians are
Even as the Australian consul was under fire in the wake of the vote and the Federal Police within were on a satellite phone begging for assistance Little Johnny Coward was still desperately trying to avoid any involvement

Its amazing how paranoid the Indonesian nationalists are, spinning vast conspiracy theories that just defy logic to rationalise their vulgar stupidity

Nothing to do with the Cold War

Because all these islands are inhabited by wild animals. They are not human. It's a different race. Why does anyone need to get involved? They will kill each other anyway. Just like Sunni and Shia mudslimes will kill each other eventually. If you let them.

>thinking 'muh human rights' mattered here
you think east timor, a country with only 1 border, a western religion, and a bunch of mud huts, gained independence because it was changing world politics? fuck no, it was to always gain the mineral rights in the ocean. if indonesia had given east timor's mineral rights at a bidding like they used to you think they would still even exist?

Can you just go be edgy somewhere else?

what you gonna do? throw spears at my car and eat a human?

You think America backing the Suharto dictatorship had nothing to do with their Cold War policy of propping up similar dictators around the world?

This makes no sense
The West were exploiting the minerals under Indonesian dominion - Australia recognised Indonesias sovereignty in the 1980s to negotiate the maritime boundary, what did they gain from an independent Timor?
The West wanted to avoid an independence vote and worked hard for years to ignore the matter and sweep it under the rug and minimise and mitigate reports of Indonesian atrocities

The cucked Indonesian rat must make himself the victim of vast forces to explain his failure

I don't think the genocidal torturing raping thieving Indonesian is in a position to make such glib remarks
Timor had nothing to do with the Cold War

>Timor had nothing to do with the Cold War
The US backing of the Suharto was part of it's Cold War strategy (this is hardly a controversial claim, by the way. See here: theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/10/the-indonesia-documents-and-the-us-agenda/543534/)

The Suharto regime was able to get away with abusing the Timorese precisely because the US and it's allies:
1) Backed him
2) were willing to look the other way while he attacked the Timorese

And it continued after the end of the Cold War right to the bitter end
So clearly the Cold War was not part of it
They did it because it was a friendly dictatorship that they valued
If there was not the Cold War there would have been another excuse

'why should I give a fuck OP? I have no family there, I own no property there, I never even been to Timor, as a matter of fact I dont even know where timor is.

why do you think their problems should be my responsibility?

good luck and may the most violent side win, is all I can do.

>who cares about the West aiding genocide, fuck 'em I got mine
Why isn't this level of apathy shown in regards to aiding the aggressor?
>Why should I give you fucking weapons and diplomatic cover and mitigate your crimes Indonesia? I have no family there, I own no property there, I never even been to Timor, as a matter of fact I dont even know where Timor is. So if you want to invade it you do it on your own.
>Why do you think I should share in your responsibility Indonesia?
Maybe if they had been rebuffed nothing would happened?

Attached: Consider-The-following.jpg (300x301, 45K)

should have armed their populace to levels of swisserland.

ay yo fuck their lives. lmfao

and fuck you

youtube.com/watch?v=3wUFhBXhq9c

>So clearly the Cold War was not part of it
The US (and Britain, Australia etc) openly admit that backing Suharto was part of their goal of flipping Indonesia from the pro-China Sukarno government to an Anti-Communist dictatorship.

>And it continued after the end of the Cold War
Not much longer. 1998
> right to the bitter end
...an end that came largely because the post-Cold War Western powers decided there was no longer any point to backing Suharto.

I'm not making any really controversial claims here (nor am I justifying anything that was done, or expressing approval of Western policy at the time). I'm simply pointing out that it is generally agreed that Western policy towards that region of Asia from the end of the 2nd World War until the 1990s was shaped by the Cold War.

Read more about it here if you like: spiked-online.com/2008/01/28/suharto-made-and-broken-by-the-west/

based upside down indonesia poster

>Timor
>Indonesia
Literally who?

the same reason everyone ignored bosnian genocide, palestinian genocide and uyghur genocide. jews silence the media to kill muslims. and christians are just too gullible to see who the real enemy is.