Where are you even supposed to meet women?

Where are you even supposed to meet women?
I'm studying STEM at a technical college. No girls there. All my interests are male-dominated too. My friends don't have any female friends.

The only actionable suggestion I've got is cold starts, but that seems like a terrible idea.

Attached: 1525648486984.png (600x552, 257K)

Terrible idea compared to what? Compared to nothing?
Maybe try online dating. It's hard but it works for some people.

It's considered very offensive to talk to strangers here. Even on the bus, people go out of their way to avoid sitting next to someone else. Small talk in the elevator is a good way to get people to exit it and take the stairs instead.
So I don't think it's a good idea in that sense.
>online dating
Sausage fest.

You're letting your search for a perfect solution prevent you from trying to improve your situation at all. Anything is better than nothing, so even online dating and cold meetings are better than what you're doing now.

But those are both useless 'solutions'. Nothing isn't better than nothing. Cold meetings could get the cops called on me, that's a definite downside.

How is online dating not better than just doing nothing? Yes it's hard and may end in no positive results, but if there's a chance it might work, no matter how minuscule, then it's better than doing nothing which has absolutely 0 chance of any positive result.
I mean, you said "the only actionable suggestion I've got is cold starts". If you admit that the ONLY solution you have is cold starts, but then you say you can't do cold starts cause of getting arrested etc, then you're admitting that there is no option for you at all.
What do you want us to do then? Just sympathise with you and offer no help? Cause you're kind of implying that's all that's possible.

No, I'm asking if there is a better way. Because at present it seems just hopeless, and I might as well give up.
Doing nothing has no downsides either. With online dating, there are the obvious downsides of making a public profile for everyone there to see.

By the sound of it you are Scandinavian.

Either start trying out hobbies and join a hobby club that has more women in it. Or go out to clubs, make friends and get invited to afterparties. Or make more friends with people that have females in their circle, then ask to join pre clubbing drinks.

Remember to take care of your bod while studying famalam.
>eat healthy
>hit the gym
>when going clubbing wear something classic, but nice. Depending on the setting and people there

Yeah, that's true.

>Either start trying out hobbies and join a hobby club that has more women in it.
Yeah, but they'd find out I was only pretending to be into it pretty fast. I do have hobbies, just that they're heavily male-dominated.
>Or go out to clubs, make friends and get invited to afterparties.
Can't go alone.
>Or make more friends with people that have females in their circle, then ask to join pre clubbing drinks.
But how?

I mean, with the types of interests I have and the circles in which I hang out, there simply aren't any girls. I'd see them on the street while walking around outside, that's about it. It's just a theoretical exercise, I haven't spoken to one since middle school.

Are you that same dude where we gave you so much advice and you kept rejecting it? Like I said, I dont know what dimension you live in where you dont see any girl in your daily activities.

Not sure. There are many people on Jow Forums, for some apparently it is possible to reject advice without even having been given any.

It's not very hard.
>study at technical college (>90% male)
>have friends from there too (no women)
>they don't have women friends, and their friends are also "engineer types" if you know what I mean
>also have the same hobbies with the same kinds of people there
I assure you, I haven't talked to a girl since middle school. I'm not making this up.

Yea you're the same guy. Like I said, cold approaching and online dating is your only options. Either that or moving to a new city/state/country.

This sounds pretty stupid. No matter hoe male dominated nerdy your field or hobby is there are some normies you cna become friendly with who will have women friends. You don't need to be friends with them for ten years to get introduced to other people.

What would moving help? When I'm done with the degree I'll start working in a relevant field with the same gender ratio. Everything will be the same, just that I'll go to work instead of school.
>No matter hoe male dominated nerdy your field or hobby is there are some normies you cna become friendly with who will have women friends.
I don't think that's necessarily true. My friends are normies, but they don't have any female friends.

Ah fuck it’s this guy. How many threads are you going to make? How many more excuses?

What do you mean by 'excuses'? Do you mean I'm making it up? Or do you mean that it's perfectly feasible to meet girls in school when there are no girls there?

Sorry but I don’t feel like giving you attention when you’re not even going to attempt to fix your problems

Naw dude piss off, if you keep thinking you will never meet women anywhere, than how can we help? Online dating or cold approaching are the only options you have right now

Volunteering seems to be on an upswing lately. I see a lot of fresh faces at the stuff I do these days. (Probably had to do with the holidays, they inspire people to help out.) Those faces include women.

>My friends are normies, but they don't have any female friends
What kind of fucked up definition of normie do you have?

Where, for instance?
They're normal people. Have friends and interests. No apparent mental issues. Weren't failed by the military psychologist.
They're just like me, in that their hobbies don't involve any women and neither did they meet any in school.

Make some friends who aren't s.o.y.male computer technicians and go do something interesting for a change.

That's the goal, yes.

Online dating is a meme prove me wrong

Attached: FB_IMG_1543326264614.jpg (720x720, 40K)

Asking for a smoke can break the ice, and a big part of why smoking is so popular. But don't do that, smoking is bad for you. Use other exceptions to the rule somehow.

Join a public speaking/debate club, tell people it's to build leadership in your career.

That way if they sense you being outside comfort zone there is a builtin explaination. If career piques their interest make engineering sound important or something.

That sounds really fun. Unfortunately, there aren't any where I live.

Plot twist: Op is just a zero self-esteem guy so he doesn't want to create tinder profile
If you have no female friends then there is literally zero risk someone on tinder you know irl will see you there if you don't set it up to show u to guys too

Attached: FB_IMG_1546384405332.jpg (60x60, 1K)

Relatives, people I went to school with, etc. It would be pretty embarrassing.

> Yeah, but they'd find out I was only pretending to be into it pretty fast. I do have hobbies, just that they're heavily male-dominated.
Friend, I didn't say lie about why you are there. I said broaden your horizon, try new stuff. You can just tell them that you wanted to try something new, and this activity seemed interesting.
Or join a quiz night with a buddy or two.

>Can't go alone.
>>Literary no friends

>But how?
"HI I'M user, I SEE YOU ALSO LIKE SOMETHING THAT I LIKE"

Seems like you need a lesson in how to make friends before you can worry about getting a girl user. I can recommend the book: How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie

It might be the most useful and valuable book you will ever read.

Why do you think that you're supposed to meet women? Why do you want to meet women?

Don't try man, OP made other threads where we gave the same advice but he always counters it with some excuse

Ah, thanks for the heads up, appriciate it user.

No, I already have friends. I'm a normal person. There's no need to read self-help books to solve a problem I don't have.
>I said broaden your horizon, try new stuff. You can just tell them that you wanted to try something new, and this activity seemed interesting.
Yeah, but that is a lie. I don't like it, I did it in school and it was terrible, and I do cook every day and I don't like it.
>Or join a quiz night with a buddy or two.
I did go to one a few years ago. But I can't remember we ever met anyone. We went there and had a good time, sure, but we didn't meet anyone else.

So I'd go there with friends in order to meet people? That doesn't make any sense. You go to clubs to hit on girls, not make friends. It's a terrible place to meet people, and they'd just be immigrants anyway.

I want a girlfriend.
No, you gave me no actionable advice whatsoever and then suggested I go out and approach strangers on the street. It's all just a ploy. First you people would give me some completely useless advice, then if there is any flaw with it at all then it's my fault, as I was "making excuses" and "not trying".

>How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
Fucking great choice user. That book changed my life from being a self centered creep to an outgoing personable winner that people enjoy being around. I will never forget the lessons I learned from it and constantly use them in my day to day life.

> I was "making excuses" and "not trying".
I remember in a previous thread, anons were telling you to try tinder, and you automatically refused because you didn’t want to write a bio or get pictures taken of yourself.

Your godawful attitude is 100% of the problem...
I'm with everyone else here, just because YOU don't like the advice doesn't mean it's been given. I think your defeatist, life-so-hard attitude is garbage.

There you go again, rejecting every advice we give. Getting a girlfriend is the least amount of problems you have. Even if you did get one, I doubt you will last with her because you will reject everything she offers.

Not that. Said bio would contain unfortunate elements, and I really don't think Tinder is a good way to go due to the extreme gender skew. Add in that its main use is one-night-stands and that it would be rather awkward to meet someone I know, I really don't consider it a good alternative.
The thing here is, that all the people here gladly suggest tinder, cold approaches, in some cases even talking to strangers with headphones on in a library (!), but they would never do it themselves. Why? Because it's a piss poor idea, it's just useless "advice" given so that the problem is "solved" on their end, nevermind that it already was.
So which of these reasons were bad ones? How do you meet people at a quiz night? How isn't it a lie that you're because the activity "seemed interesting" when you in actuality hate it? You always claim I'm "rejecting" advice, but you'd never explain why it was wrong to do so.

You went to a quiz night a few years ago, try it again and see if there's girls this time around. Use other dating sites like bumble or coffee meets bagle or that Asian one. You go to new to activities that you will like and try it out first, then get pissy after you tried all activities. Volunteer like the other user said.

>refuses to work on a bio
>dismisses tinder as a hookup app without even trying it out
>worried you would see someone you know, as if that somehow affects anything
>assuming people don’t practice what they preach, therefore it’s not good advice
Like clockwork, more baseless excuses.

No, there were girls there that time too, but you didn't talk to them. You stay with your group, then you go home. That's how it works and how it's supposed to work. Never heard of anyone doing anything else.
I don't think we have them, but we do have OkCupid and Match. I do however think they have the same issue as Tinder. It's a bad idea to write my real interests and job, and without that I can't really put anything on there. This goes for all dating apps.
>You go to new to activities that you will like and try it out first, then get pissy after you tried all activities.
Any suggestions? All I can think of is either male-dominated or with an average age above 40.
>Volunteer like the other user said.
Any suggestions where? The reason I ask is because I don't know of any such places except for political parties.
>refuses to work on a bio
Not a matter of working on, it's a matter of that there's nothing there to put. I should try to hide my career and interests as far as possible, and already there I'm running into trouble.
>dismisses tinder as a hookup app without even trying it out
But it is one. Why would I wish to subject myself to debasement when I already know the end result?
>worried you would see someone you know, as if that somehow affects anything
Yes, it'd be awkward. I might get mocked.
>assuming people don’t practice what they preach, therefore it’s not good advice
Not that. People can give good advice they don't carry out themself, that's not the issue.
The issue is that it's not honest advice, it's just something you say, knowing that it's inactionable, to then be able to blame them for 'not trying'. Like 'go out and talk to people in the library' - it's a good way to get kicked out and nothing more.

>Like clockwork, more baseless excuses.
They're not excuses and they're not baseless.

>I want a girlfriend
Why do you want a girlfriend? I am being serious here - what do you think a gf would bring to your life?

OP, this is the nth time you’ve made this thread and people give you the same advice every time. It always boils down to “go and try new things, make new friends, talk to girls in social situations.” And you always ask for specific ways to achieve this, and we tell you, and then you poke holes in them. You have to realize that we don’t know your life or your city, and we can’t possibly know the best places for meeting people. Only you can.
Do some serious introspection and ask yourself if you are really trying to follow our advice as best you can, and if perhaps your lack of success is centered not on the advice, but on your own unwillingness to try the things people suggest. And if you come out of the introspection and still think our advice is terrible, then you should realize that Jow Forums is useless to you because you’re going to keep getting the same advice every time you make a thread.

No, you're not. I know where this line of reasoning ends - "you don't actually [want/need] a girlfriend because I determined so"
No, I know that, but I suppose people who talk to women more often would have a reasonable idea of where they'd hang out.
That said, you're probably right. The only reason I ask on Jow Forums is because I have nowhere else to ask, and here it seems like people are just giving the same stock advice over and over.
Yeah, it's a waste.

You sound like a class A autist creep, you sound like the most insufferable person who always has to be right, I would probably go out of my way to dodge you in every IRL situation, no wonder you can't find a girlfriend.

No you retard, every heterosexual male who is not completely broken wants a girlfriend. Where I was going with is was that your life has way more problems than just tfwnogf and you wouldn't know what to do with a gf even if you somehow got one. Has it occurred to you that maybe all the people here could be correct when they tell you it's your attitude that is the problem and not your "male dominated interests"?

Gee, thanks for the advice mate.

No, my life has no problems other than tfwnogf. I don't see what you mean.
>Has it occurred to you that maybe all the people here could be correct when they tell you it's your attitude that is the problem and not your "male dominated interests"?
No. The people here all claim that I should go out and do completely absurd things, and I do not trust them for a second. The advice I get is completely inactionable. Would you trust someone who tells you to 'go outside' when that clearly isn't the problem?

If you dont trust the advice, why do you keep making your shit threads then? What do you want, a magic spell to spawn girls? The basic way to meet girls is to do things in life that's has girls in it, thats why people tend to find gf in school,clubs, or work.

I would trust the advice if it was actionable, but I don't trust that which is obviously useless. I'm sorry if it was unclear, I see now that it sounds kind of strange.

>What do you want, a magic spell to spawn girls? The basic way to meet girls is to do things in life that's has girls in it, thats why people tend to find gf in school,clubs, or work.
No, I want to know where I should go to meet them. I know people usually find them in school, clubs, or work, but in my case this isn't doable, so I don't know where I should go. That's why I keep asking.