I want to buy and learn how to play an electric guitar. I've settled going with an Epiphone Les Paul...

I want to buy and learn how to play an electric guitar. I've settled going with an Epiphone Les Paul. I'd like to play Jazz, Blues and maybe Rock and Heavy Metal.
Although I'm worried that Les Pauls aren't suitable for Jazz. Can anyone confirm that I can get a Jazzy warm sound on a Les Paul? Would I be able to play something like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=btc3sEHINBM

>inb4 get an ES

Attached: 800px-Gibson_LP_Classic[1].png (800x1600, 807K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw!fqID1aiY
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
musictheory.net/lessons
youtube.com/watch?v=QLS3l7f-7zM
youtube.com/watch?v=5GirSMrzQo4
youtube.com/watch?v=DEpHKeg3_q4
youtube.com/watch?v=HZCxmgQhOdA
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

don't buy anything nice for a first guitar, you can always trade out later if you end up sticking with things
strings make a difference
amp and amp settings make a difference

That doesn't answer my question. Can you get a warm Jazzy tone on a Les Paul?
I like Gibson and Epiphone and specifically Les Paul for it's versatility (from what I've read).
I made my mind on the guitar. I'm just not sure if I would be able to play Jazz on it.

Get a $60 classical and practice before dropping a grand and not even knowing if you'll enjoy it

This, OP’s gonna waste a fortune on top of the line equipment without even knowing if he’s gonna stick with guitar. Better to drop a couple hundred at most on a beginner instrument before worrying about the right jazz tone

Is everyone on this board soft in the head? Answer my main fucking question.

Try /mu/

Sorry for trying to save you money. Can you actually play like in the video in the OP? How much about music do you actually know?

Buy a cheap guitar and an expensive amp instead of this.
Amps are waaaay more important for the sound.
Just look at Billie Joe Armstrong for example, he has his "Blue" for over 30 years now and STILL plays it in front of thousands of people.
Sure the new ones are more comfy and maybe sound a bit different but you can change the parts individually.

That's my 2 cents, expensive AMP for the firsts not expensive guitar.

>pic related

Attached: C1q0Z8MUQAErQEj.jpg (1920x1200, 398K)

And to answer your "main question" it does not matter AT ALL, amp is what matters
Don't try to be an elitist while you're not even playing yet

I have a shitty advice and everyone else is gonna kill me:
get a cheap ass amp and a nice audio interface so you can play through your computer

that's not bad advice at all, rocksmith is a great tool for learning songs anyway

This guy gets it.

Or this, but either way NO EXPENSIVE GUITARS

>I like Gibson and Epiphone and specifically Les Paul for it's versatility (from what I've read).
>I like
>From what I've read
You don't know what you like. You know what you'd like to like. You don't even know what versatility sounds like. Nor do you care. You're going to buy this guitar no matter what because you're a retard.

Also wtf are those music choices? Jazz, Blues, Rock, Metal? You might as well say "I'm going to want to play Music." Since, knowing as little as you obviously do, you don't realize these are uselessly broad mall records store-core genre terms.

Not that you'd know it if it smacked you on the mouth, but no you won't get a warm Jazz tone. Because you're not a sound engineer, you want a bigger body and a light wood neck. A real guitarist could get the right sounds, but your an aesthetics-focused gearhead noob.

Get a beater semi-acoustic. Deepest tone and most well-rounded application. Practice your fucking pentatonic scales, grow up, drop "metal". Since very few metal bands use the fundamentals. Even the good ones. For duck's sale don't waste hundreds on some shit you MIGHT like. If you're gonna, just play MtG so your folly takes up less space.

Yes, you can if you know what you're doing. I wouldn't worry about it too much though as you can play any style on most guitars even if the tone isn't a perfect 100% match. Honestly buy which ever guitar gets you most excited about playing it because then you'll actually stick with it. I've only been playing for around a year and a half so take my advice with a grain of salt however I bought an Epiphone Les Paul and I am very happy with it. I tend to play my acoustic more though mainly because it's much easier to pull out and jam on really quick rather than having to bring out my amp.

this isn't related to your question but these can really help you in learning about playing, info on guitars and music theory.

mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw!fqID1aiY

frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html

musictheory.net/lessons

and remember to just keep practising

If you are already decided, then why ask this question at all. What if I told you no you won't get a jazzy warm sound? Oh well, you already decided.
I've played guitar for awhile and I've seen many many people try to learn. 99% of people give up after about a week. If you have money to blow then I don't care what you do, but it would be smarter not to spend huge amounts of money before you even learn how to play.

If I were you I would listen to this guy.

The first thing you need to learn is that terms like 'warm' and 'jazzy tone' are marketing terms.
However I do think the HH configuration of that guitar combined with a proper amp sim and parametric EQ will get you nearly any tone you want.
You need to do more research into what makes tone...tone, but yeah the Epiphone LP should be fine

Les Paul is a form factor. On an electric your sound is 90% based on your effect pedal and 10% the strings you use.

At least $100 will give him a basic starter kit with a shitty amp.

Yes, any of the high end guitars would give a great warm sound.

Better idea:
Network around, look for a stoner/bum/dropout who's willing to offload their $900 guitar they never play for $50

Don't want to create a new thread so I'll ask here.

youtube.com/watch?v=QLS3l7f-7zM
youtube.com/watch?v=5GirSMrzQo4
youtube.com/watch?v=DEpHKeg3_q4
youtube.com/watch?v=HZCxmgQhOdA

Is this Blues or Rock? Or Blues Rock? What guitar should I buy to play this style?

bump

bump answer please

Don’t listen to anyone saying first guitar should be cheap guitar. I recommended Epiphone riviera with cheap amp. Getting a nice or semi nice guitar for you first one will give you a reason to keep playing. Les Paul would probably give you most the versatility you want. Get this little thing callled iRig and you can plug it into your phone and get pretty much any tone you want

Squire tele. Cheap, easy to mod if you want to upgrade, and plays well to any sound. Great glossy light sound.

Come on cheap guitars aren't THAT bad, he could go with a nice simple Yamaha with a fixed bridge and change it in some months