7 year old nephew wrote me a small picture book for my birthday

>7 year old nephew wrote me a small picture book for my birthday
>I start tearing up about midway through because I'm so touched by the thoughtfulness of the gift and the love that was poured into it
>sniffle and start crying a little at the very last page that just says "hapi birday I love you so muhch"
>my family gets mad at me for crying
>my other older sister, the one who still lives at home, tells me during the car ride home to "grow the fuck up"
>parents talk scornfully about me
>my dad says that kids today are snowflakes and my mom says that her grandfather never cried when he fought in Korea

Is it true that I was out of line for crying at my nephew's gift despite being a 21 year old man?

Attached: 1543521860627.jpg (808x949, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/articles/when-is-it-okay-for-a-man-to-cry/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your family are a bunch of assholes. I'm surpised you turned out as nice as you did.

NO YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MAN WHO HAS A HEART DONT LET THOSE FAGGOTS MAKE YOU FEEL BAD

Attached: cat(1).jpg (1000x750, 56K)

Fuck your family man. Your nephew is a real one. For fuck sake your nephew seems to love you more than your family do. OP we love you. Your family is full of cunts. Sorry to say it but that how it be.

You should stop watching anime for starters. Also you can be touched by something without crying. Your family are probably just looking out for you and giving you “tough love”. They care about you but don’t want you to be seen crying as a man.

>don’t want you to be seen crying as a man.
I can't believe people still think this way in current year.

What are you gonna do, cry about it?

This

It’s ok to feel tho op ily

This, OP. Your nephew is adorable and screw anyone who says that guys can't show appreciation or emotion.

>all those misspellings
lmao your nephew is retarded

It is pretty sad, but on the other hand, if I'm crying at work or wherever, people are going to assume someone died.

>grandfather never cried when he fought in Korea

Wow, what assholes. Her grandfather went through trauma and she's proud that he didn't feel safe enough to process it?

Their insecurity being is projected towards you, dear sweet user.
You shouldn't have anything to prove to them, not in this regard.

As an aside, an extremely caustic way to jab at your sister would be to undermine her femininity through reflecting her lack of motherly empathy towards the preciousness of a young child's gestures.
But that's pretty mean and you're probably above that, don't stoop to a low level.

If you were female it wouldn't matter. Since you're male you're supposed to be stern

Soft boy.
Soft boy.

The west will die after this generation.

Don't worry, you're fine and it's understandable why you would be moved to tears. They were fucking assholes to you.

I think it's real sweet OP. Ignore your family being dicks

I'd be pretty weirded out by it, myself.

Well that's cause you're a cunt

Their reaction is probably indicative of the reason it made you cry.

Good to see Jow Forums is still here somewhere

You sound like a child. Yes nigger tears over a kids happy birthday letter are weird and uncalled for.

OP said it was a full-fledged book.

Okay it was a book. That doesn’t make tears any more exceptabke. Op totally ruined the pace and atmosphere of the celebration by getting so overly emotional about his cousins happy birthday letter and making everyone stop and go
>uh user... are you okay? What’s wrong?
>oh I’m fine my cousin just loves me so much I /literally/ can’t stand it
Whatever he wants to do on his own time is all up to him. If he wants to cry a river about it, weird tears but okay, but that’s not a socially acceptable thing to do, male or female. It’s weird.

*acceptable

lmao, adv is full of cold-blooded snakes

No, you just lack the mental capacity to envision yourself in that situation and how it would play out in real life.

Brainlet.

It depends on how many people he was around, the mood, the personalities of those present, etc

I cry when I see white families being murdered and raped by refugees in the news. When I see their beautiful faces and imagine what was done to the children I can't help but tear up. We all have a thing.

Just remember that emotional outbursts can look weird if they are excessive. Like I buy a girl flowers, and she starts crying, like tears pouring out, maybe cause her dad gave her flowers before he died last year. I'd be like wtf are you okay?

Maybe you wouldn’t have had to cry due to the overwhelming emotion you felt if your fuckhead family had ever shown you proper affection and love before

>le current year
You can be kind without being a faggot

Sounds like a pretty sterotypical boomer family thing, they want to you to appear strong and emotionally guarded (regardless of how strong/capable of guarding your emotions you actually are). It's not without its validity, and it's good for you if you can avoid crying in public in most situations, but that said at a gathering of family/loved ones you should be able to let your guard down and appreciate a heartfelt gift - their reaction is totally uncalled for.

Depending on how they usually are, maybe you should start treating them more like coworkers instead of people you care about.

Your a good man, your family are the assholes
All love, keep moving forward man

Attached: 2F93AE16-14F2-45D9-B82E-95EBCB133D00.jpg (363x412, 113K)

Well i'd find that a bit weird too but fuck your family, it's not their fucking business.

>Is it true that I was out of line for crying at my nephew's gift despite being a 21 year old man?

No. They're just realizing that they have never been as thoughtful to you as you nephew has and are feeling threatened after being exposed.

That's the whole truth user, bravo!

>They never ever showed this much thoughtfulness toward you
>You cry because you've never gotten something so meaningful from any relative
it's their fault really. You stick close to this nephew and be his hero his whole life. When his mom and whoever fail to have his back, Uncle user will be there for him.

This is your brain on Anime

Sounds like you already have an issue of being over sensitive already user. This is probably why they are sick of it.
I got some drawings from my kid cousins. I love them very much, but you may need to dial it back.

Your family are uptight and repressed. There's nothing wrong with crying, it doesn't mean you can't handle things, it just means you express emotion.
Unless I guess you're a little bitch in every aspect of your life and this was just another brick in the road.

Now thats just dumb. Stop shit posting.

Boomer? Zoomer is more like it.

>hapi birday I love you so muhch

Nigga that fuckin kawaii as fuck.

Attached: 1532537634778 (1).gif (647x534, 1.55M)

Can’t believe you had the nerve to condone this man crying in front of his family and strangers and post a pic of 21 savage.
You’re jumoing to conclusions that this is the first time ops weak ass has cried over something like this. You don’t know him or his family and life isn’t a damn anime retard.

While I too think it's unseemly for a man to cry your family overreacted and generally cam out of this like a bunch of asshats.
You should HTFU but your family can still go fuck themselves.
Your nephew sounds like a good kid.

Well, you're not supposed to cry over stuff like that, but your family sounds like a bunch of cunts.

Wow, I didn't expect this many replies... there's far too many people here to reply to, so I'll just give a broad response to the two main camps. To everyone who defended me or said something kind, thank you so much. Each and every one of your posts is special to me, and I'll make sure to revisit this thread using desuarchive now and again in the years to come.

To clarify for the other side, it was a fairly intimate gathering. Just me, my sister, my parents, my nephew, and my two older sisters. Nobody aside from the six of us. I didn't full-on cry for very long, either. My eyes were kind of moist while going through the story (it was a book about me going on an adventure with Floppy Ears, a rabbit character my nephew made up - think more Peter Rabbit rather than an anthropomorphized one like Tiny Toons), and one I read the message at the end, I sniffled, one tear came out from each eye, and I immediately dried them and apologized and composed myself.

This was actually the first time I've cried in front of anyone since I was 10. I'm pretty repressed despite being a feelfag.

I'm not the only recipient of this. My family has always had little tolerance for weakness. My mom got angry at my dad for being withdrawn and depressed three days after his mother died. Or whenever our dog was hit by a car and killed in 2007, my older sister (12 at the time) cried the rest of the day. My dad came to her room to disparage her, which I saw because I was in the hallway. "You should be thankful that you're 12 and this is the first time you've lost anything. What about your friend April whose mom died when she was a baby? Time to grow up, little girl. Life isn't a game." My blood ran cold at that and I tried to cheer her up, but she screamed to me at get out because my dad upset her.

I don't hate my family, but I wish I loved them as much as when I was an oblivious 5 year old. I've kind of grown cold to them, and I hate that. My oldest sister is cool though.

*me, my parents, my nephew, and my two older sisters

Oh, that's different, you made it sound like you were fullblown weeping, but having your eyes tear up and a single tear escape your eye? that's understandable.
Fuck your family man, this is an entirely reasonable thing to get emotional over and I want to personally congratulate you on not being dead inside like the other fuckwits you share genes with.
I hope your precious nephew won't be subject to the same bullshit.

Attached: dsfargeg.jpg (800x450, 52K)

Yikes. Fucked up family confirmed. Don't let them make you cold, user. Being cold with them might be necessary and that's okay. But don't let it reach your core, and avoid repeating the pattern in your relationships.

This.

For extra cunt points: don't forget to berate your mother if she gets depressed when someone close to her dies. Let her taste her own medicine.

Men can cry. In private after the day has passed they are permitted to cry. My grandfather didn't cry at my grandmother's funeral. But you could kind of tell he'd already done so.

At the start i thought your parents are bunch of assholes untill i read that youre a man not a woman...

Yes you are a weak pathetic pussy if that made you cry. Hormonal woman cry about stuff like that not grown ass man.

Damn its just amazing to see how soft and pathetic people are these days.

If hes cunt for saying that then youre a faggot who thinks crying is normal instead of doing something about your problem.

You dont have to be a pathetic wuss who crys over everything. Man up.

>How to twist words: the post

>Its good to cry

No its good to make your mind strong enought so you dont have to. Crying is the easy way out, making yourself stronger so you can deal with your emotions rationaly is whole different game.

>Its 2019
>Its okay to be sissy
>Its okay to cry
>Dont think about your problems just cry
>Crying will make everything better

Wuss

Projecting much?

Those aren't mutually exclusive. Crying literally produces stress relieving hormones.
Feel shitty, have a cry, clear your head, then make a good decision. Bottling up emotions isn't the same as resolving them. Neither is allowing yourself to be completely overwhelmed by them.

Heros dont cry. They man up and face their fears, emotions and problems head on. Heros think about others instead of lowering themselvs to the level of little crying bitch. Hes no hero, hes a weirdo.

No. I'm a soldier and I'm fucking training myself to cry again, because i havn't cry for years... It's a normal way to express feelings, and i lost it with my fucking emotional shell. Be happy you can cry.

For woman yes. Not for man. Crying makes you more emotionally open which is good... for woman. For man it mames them mentally weaker, unmktiveted depressed in long term not even talking about unatractive to woman.

You dont have to cry. You can deal wirh your emotions in so many different ways. Meditation is really good methid to make your mind strong and collected. You can clear your mind and have healty energy run trough you. Crying is like going the easy rout i guess. Good for woman very dangerous for man.

Whay are they cunts? Who else will say to him that hes a weak pathetic idiots when he acts like that. World is not all sunshines and rainbows. You cant go around making yourself weaker like that. But then again its 1st world problem. Go amd live in a real world and you will be eaten alive.

lmao you're dumb

Nigga just cry lol o be crying everday

One thing is explaining that he needs to be more resistant to emotions while letting him know you understand him and other to berate on shit on him.

I'd find it touching as fuck. Don't let your family treat you like shit over you having feelings and expressing them.

What you dont understand is your mother loves you. She dont want you to be this weak pathetic wuss who gets easly emotional or hurt. She want you to be tough. Theres a life story behind her that made her strong and you should take an example from her. When you love someone you dont condone everything they do. You give them tips and critique their act when you feel its necesary. You help them be strong not weak. You help them rise not fall.

You think it was mean and nasty. But thats just first layer of it. Look into it and you will see that it was a good thing.

This

Nah, fuck you. People who keep men from crying directly contribute to them having violent outbursts because they've been taught by society to be autistic.

Keep your ability to feel, OP. It's the most precious thing to have.

That bitch berated her husband because he was sad because HIS MOTHER DIED.
Fuck you nigger.

It's not like he's a crybaby. He said he hasn't cried since he was 10. Even here, he only shed a tear before immediately drying his eyes and composing himself.

Jesus, you machofags are idiots. Why not go ahead and say you've never shed a single tear past the age of 12 months while you're busy pounding your chest?

Its good for short term solution. What happens to the male brain is that it makes you more prone to emotional crisis. For short term it will fell okay, but you will get more and more and more of this kind of situations. It makes you weaker and more easaly hurt. You can get on your moral high horse and yell "man and woman are the same, man can cry too" when in actuality no. We have to deal wirh our problems differently. For man crying is privet matter done very rearly. Its been like that all our evolitionary time. Man get better from thinking their emotions out and resolving it as a logical puzzle. Its not like that for woman. Our minds work differenly. What works for one dont work for other... actually they both work just one really works other one kinda works for short term and then fuck up your whole mind.

>Crying is like going the easy rout i guess.
Oh no, doing the more efficient thing that we're biologically predisposed to? Perish the thought.
You know the stigma against crying is a recent cultural phenomenon, right? Being willing to cry also doesn't mean you can't also meditate etc. Doesn't mean you can't be collected.
Hell, someone could have never cried in their life and still be open to doing so if the sensation happened to come over them.

You make crying sound about as damaging as doing meth

Oh i see someone hasnt take hes biology 101 course. But then again your overly PC western world probably doesnt talk about facts and choose rather talk about their emotions when it come to controversial topics. xD

>Its been like that all our evolitionary time.
artofmanliness.com/articles/when-is-it-okay-for-a-man-to-cry/

No. WRONG!

Not dealing woth your problems make younmore agressive. You can deal with your problems in many different ways mostnof them are neutral of healthy like meditation. Crying has only short term benefit in long term it makes man more depressed and more prone to emotiomal outbursts.

First of all thats what the OP said. You dont know what really happened, one thing is clear youre a beta pussy.

There's plenty of facts to poke holes into how dumb your opinion is, but are you really worth it? It's not as though you'll say anything besides "lol snowflake cucks xD"

I think you're lumping all of crying into plain old wallowing. You can have a cathartic self-aware cry and then come at things with a clear head.

That would sound logical if it was a major event that broke the wall. It wasnt. He didnt gabe any comtext that would.make it so. Death of a loved one or major catastroph or real pain (mental or physical) could break a wall not some kids book.

>You matcho types

Oh sorry but someone has to deal with real world problems instead of going easy route and cry about everythig.

You would be the first one who would lose all respect for such a wuss if you saw that in real life.

>attempting to reason with these alt-right cavemen

CRYING BAD, ONLY FAGGOT AND WOMAN CRY
MAN NEVER CRY
UNLESS GROG PUNCHES EVERY MAN HE SEE IN FACE AND RAPE EVERY WOMAN HE COME ACROSS, GROG IS BETA FAG

Its been like that, yes. And it doesnt matter how many OPINION articles you post against it, its still the truth.

You heard it here, OP. You can never redeem yourself for the crime of shedding a single tear for a purpose that doesn't get the seal approval of this user right here, the manliest guy in the world. Listen to Rambo here, this one moment has ruined you. Might as well end it right here.

So post your sources.
You've already said one thing that's objectively false, as there are many cultures throughout world history during which it was acceptable for men to cry. So it's not something ingrained in our evolution.
You could argue that it's still bad for people, same as most would argue that the acceptability of pedophilia in certain cultures throughout world history doesn't diminish the damage it does. But you're going to have to provide a source, otherwise you're ironically just arguing based on opinion and emotion rather than rationality and facts.

I love when emotional low inteligemce specimens try to act as if their opposition is "caveman" when in actuality its the hard science they dont agree with. xD

Oh did i hurt your fee fees, snowflake? Go and cry, it will make you feel better. :^)

I'd rather just punch you in the face, but I can't do that over the internet.

Well, I'm assuming OP is telling truth. If he is lying, then he is free to swim in all that unearned backpats, while knowing deep inside he is a piece of shit.

Theres no point if you dont make an argument, mate. Can you do it? Or would you rather cry about how wolrd is not nice n stuff?

Such a weakling like you would be able to make a fist let alone to puch someome.

I'm not the guy you were talking to but I don't get where you're coming from, I know a lot of dudes who are really manly and don't show many emotions, never cry or get sad in front of others, and others who are on the more emotional side, who talk about their feeling and cry while watching movies I've seen both of those types live perfectly healthy and fulfilling lives, you're irrationally angry at men for showing emotions which, to me, doesn't make much logical sense, and ironically might show that you might be too emotional about this kind of stuff.

The world is many things. There's plenty of soft people and kind ones. The 'real world' you talk about isn't filled purely with tryhard tough guys like you.

Wait... are you saying that badass Rambo user isn't the epitome of logic and reason??? Get out of here, user.

Its not abut lying, but how he sees it. The prysma hes looking through. He said he dont love hes family and maybe theres a reason for it just the same why hes such a weakling.

Bait

You dumb idiots. Its a bait post. This shit has been posted here several times last year.

>somebody cried a bit
>automatically they're a weakling
Come on dude