Is it ok for a 21 year old to date a 17 year old? It's legal but is it taboo?

Is it ok for a 21 year old to date a 17 year old? It's legal but is it taboo?

Attached: 19114624_444364272600211_1423798777_n.jpg (960x960, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201312/scientists-identify-why-girls-often-mature-faster-boys
bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As a 21 year old that's a bit weird my dude can't you find someone at least 19?

(age / 2)+7 my dude.

No, although it's stupid because 17 yo person is almost always little more that a child.

M8 stfu, Hugh Hefner was fucking 18 year olds as a 90 yr old man and nobody cared. 30 year old female school teachers are fucking 14 year olds and nobody cares. But as soon as a guy decides to date a girl 4 years younger than him suddenly that's bad? You're a sheep.

I talk to plenty of 21 year old women and they actually act more immature than her

>30 year old female school teachers are fucking 14 year olds and nobody cares
They literally go to prison for that

Wtf are you talking about? People cared about those things.

It's the same old excuse
>she is so mature for her age!!!
Just man up and admit that you want to fuck a girl as close to underage as legally possible instead of beating around the bush like some gay retard

Lmaooooo she's in high school bro. She's probably not even taking calc yet. You don't know anything about her really

I think it’s strange but it’s legal so who cares. For me personally, as I turned 21 and continue to get older, I felt less and less connected to girls under 21 who can’t drink.

Exactly, there are 50 year olds who act like toddlers. Maturity has very little to do with age past a certain point.
The prison time is extremely minimal compared to the prison time a male would get. The only reason they get prison time at all is so the court doesn't look incredibly biased (which they are)
It's a 4 year age gap. If she was 18 and he was 22 nobody would care but people have this taboo towards the magic number 18 because of US law. Brains don't stop developing till late 20s anyways so you can't use that argument.

No that's not true
I dropped out of school age 15. She is going to go to a top university and she can talk about plenty of intellectual stuff, what's your point?

Yeah dumbass but 4 years can make a major difference
She should be on different developmental stage than OP

Women mature at 18

>I dropped out of school age 15
Alright so it's not that she is mature, it's you who is slow. I can see why you would have to resort to young girls kek

Citation needed

Experience and wisdom are more important than your fixated points where you ~believe~ people reach a certain stage of maturity.
You disagree with it?

>it's legal but is it taboo
Yes to both. She's young, impressionable, and easy to influence so on top of being a lover you are tasked with being a fatherly figure as well. Depends on what your plans are for her. What does she want to do? Become a stay at home mom? Become a career women? Pursue art?

If you can prove that you're responsible and caring enough for her then all will be fine to friends and family. You will have a lot of power over her and how she develops so I would try to keep your guy's relationship on the down low for a bit at least until she gets out of High School, although you could show up to prom with her.

what does calc have to do with emotional maturity lol? I'm sure shes retarded thou.

>You will have a lot of power

Why does my age suddenly give me more power? She can make decisions for herself based on her own attraction

Yeah op shows a lot of wisdom right now, trying to justify his attraction to a teen with
>she can talk about some smart stuff excuse
My cousin is 13 and can talk about Napoleonic wars and interpret blakes poems but that doesnt mean she is emotionally and mentally grown up. Shes just smarter than most people

There's a shit load of studies saying female brains mature sooner than male. Just off a 10 second google search here's an article
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201312/scientists-identify-why-girls-often-mature-faster-boys

But this is besides the point. Ignoring the fact that your idea of maturity is subjective and different from anyone else's interpretation of what maturity is, people operate on a super wide spectrum of maturity at any given age. As you can see on Jow Forums, there are still 30 year old dudes acting like emotionally volatile 15 year olds. Your taboo towards a 21 year old and a 17 year old dating is entirely a social construct of the US legal system.

4 years of experience is major power gap when you are dealing with someone so young, obviously still going through puberty at the same time they have yet to check their wordly ideals to reality.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean you get to toy around with fresh meat to satisfy your libido without everyone around you hating you for being so irresponsible. Just because the taboo isn't state enforced doesn't mean there is no reason for it. If you fuck her up you will permenantly damage her because she is still at that age where early experiences have extremely large consequences on a person's developing personality

Look at the figures in the 27 club, look at how 'old' they seem, like they have already 'completed' what they were made to do. Some people are old souls, your cousin is obviously very bright, but lacks experience on the social level because she is 13, now if she was 17 then it would be different.

It's not how you do it dawg
>check consent laws in your state/country
>add one year to age of consent, just to be safe
>enjoy
You can probably have fun with 15 year old girlies. Just remember to never ever go lower than ooc.

And another thing. Why do you think it's better if an immature girl dates an immature boy? An immature guy might get her into drugs and cause an unplanned pregnancy, a mature guy will encourage positive life decisions and make sure she goes down the right path.

Power gap? I'm disconnected from that. I just talk from the heart. What could I do exactly?

>Female brains start maturing sooner , therefore it's fine to fuck around with young women
>Being careful about how impressionable someone you date is? That's just a social construct I can fuck whoever I want and no one will ever become emotionally damaged afterwards

The reason why you have 30 year olds act like children for so long is often because of trauma at young ages btw. Congrats on being a truly toxic person

A mature guy will just use his maturity as leverage to get her to do whatever he wants her to do. This happens all the time and is probably the main reason why "mature" dudes want young girls so badly. It is much to manipulate and use them.

You’re creepy and acting pretty immature yourself

>What could I do exactly
That's exactly the problem, you wouldn't even realize what you might have done wrong to negatively impact a girl's emotional health. You might come one too strong and make her nervous a lot, you might end up controlling her without realizing it, and all the whike you're forming the idea in her head of what "older guys" and men in general are like.

I mean you can still date her and everything you just need to be extremely aware of her and communicate often.

>you might come one too strong and make her nervous a lot

What do you mean by this? Can you explain further?

Because they're exploring their sexuality together while they are both equally impressionable. It's not better necessarily, it's just that you've had more time to consider sexuality and you're going to have some leverage over her as such.

She's fucking 17. This is a fully grown person who has finished puberty and you're acting like it's a child that needs to be protected. The guy is 21 and you're acting like he's some creepy 40 year old man preying on children. You're absolutely ridiculous. Considering that female brains mature faster, the girl could very likely be more mature than OP and yet you're acting like she's a child and he's a grandpa.

What the fuck do you mean "leverage"? I lost my virginity to a 19 year old girl who had slept with 8 other guys. I did it because I enjoyed it but are you saying I should have felt used because she was more experienced than me?

>Prudes shoving their magical age of sexual maturity/compatibility formula down people's throats again
Follow whatever age of consent laws are legal in your area and fuck what everybody else thinks
These thoughts of others are always going to be a whirlpool of envy, jealousy, possessiveness and fake, made-up virtue

If there's chemistry, then absolutely go for it

Okay, well you know the whole feminism craze right now about how tacitly implied consent isn't real consent and is rape or whatever? Women are often just afraid to say "no" sometimes and end up regretting sex later and feeling controlled/ manipulated.

She's 17, now maybe she is fairly mature for her age but you're going to need to keep in mind that she is still inexperienced and impressionable and as her bf you're basically tasked with guiding her on all things love/sex related. You're basically a teacher of some sort by default

>17
>Fully grown person
Topkek
>You're acting like he is a pedophile
No I'm telling him that 17 is still a young and impressionable age because it objectively is and just because girls enter puberty before boys does not mean puberty magically ends at whatever aoc law is in place.

>I'm the kind of guy who just fucks for sport
Yeah that makes sense. Egocentrism and all. Some people just aren't like you my man, you just need to keep that in mind when sleeping with a teenager

>fully grown
Brain development stops at 21 so bad news for you, you dumb pedophile faggot

>Degenerates pushing their free love anti-social bullshit
>Fuck whatever anyone else thinks, just sleep with as many 15 year old girls possible
How about no

Recently a girl who was mentally ill said "she didnt want to feel anything", so she ghosted me and discarded me. I blamed myself for being 'too soft' and loving them too hard. I fear being manipulated myself because I feel like I am more authentic and pure than other people. I'm in the middle of seeing women as vulnerable and seeing them as egotistical and temporary, any advice on top of this so I can prevent myself from fucking up in the future?

Where's your source buddy? Because the majority of modern research disagrees with that.

I am 26 trying to get with this 17 yo (who literally turns 18 Ina few days). You do you.

>. I blamed myself for being 'too soft' and loving them too hard.
I wouldn't do that desu, people have carrying levels of attachment and overall empathy you shouldn't let one person define such a vast collective of people as the entire opposite sex. It's what's known as a nadir fallacy.

>Advice
There isn't some magical cure all to make sure that everyone you meet will care for you infinitely and won't be plagued with different emotional issues. Keep in mind that there are millions of other people like you with the same goals, same feelings, just overall similar scenarios really. It's all a matter of experience.

>puberty magically ends at whatever aoc law is in place.
That's not what I'm saying, that's what you're saying. Modern science says puberty generally ends at 15. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. So it's pretty safe to say that if she's 17 she's done with puberty, and if not she has some sort of disorder.

I can't even respond to the rest because it's so unbelievably stupid. Ya I'm done responding to this retard.

Attached: Growth_Rates_Tanner_Stages_Girls-1.jpg (992x682, 40K)

>I am more authentic and pure than other people
Lmao
Chasing barely legal pussy isn't exactly pure

>ask for source
>don’t give your own
You’re a delusional pervert, may as well sign up for the olympics with all those mental gymnastics you’re doing

>Ugh everyone who disagrees with my quick Google searches is clearly an idiot
>Later idiots

You didn't even bother to Google for more than 5 minutes yet you have some kind of superiority complex. Wonderful.

>We used to think that the brain was fully developed by very early teenagerhood and we now realise that the brain doesn't stop developing until mid-20s or even early 30s. There's a lot more information and evidence to suggest that actually brain development in various forms goes on throughout the life span.
bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194

Do go on about how puberty ends after sexual characteristics stop growing despite the fact that it's always been far more complicated than this. Some people don't forget through puberty until they're 18 ffs

Stop putting words into my mouth, you virtue-signalling fucking retard
If 15 is legal where you're at, then indeed you're free to enjoy as much teenage pussy as your heart desires

That is the bottom line

No. I did, although even though it was legal we didn't have sex until she was 19. We're still together now that she's in her late 20s. I didn't go for her because oh she's barely legal, I fell in love with her because oh we can have a conversation about the same stuff and enjoy the same things, kinda like a best friend with boobs.

>If it's legal it's moral
No

It's like the old saying goes "if her age is on the clock, she's going to get the cock."

>Laws are not based on morals
I'm sure even your pea-sized brain will now begin to understand that you're arguing based on something completely subjective and arbitrary - morality
The only moral code one is obligated to subscribe to is written into the laws of their nation

Anything after that is literally just your shitty opinion of "how the world should actually work", and guess what, no one gives a shit

no I dated an 18 year old when I was 26 and it was fine.

>The only moral code one is obligated to subscribe to is written into the laws of their nation
I would doubt you're even educated at the high school level I can't even...
>Morality is subjective AND arbitrary
It's one or the other fucking hell
>Anything after that is literally just your shitty opinion of "how the world should actually work", and guess what, no one gives a shit
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't man. Of course you're the kind of guy who is desperate enough to fuck 15 year old girls

Attached: 1545434981562.jpg (480x480, 42K)

Thanks for the help. The people I meet make me think relationships are a game. I guess I should find new people.

I'm glad a holier-than-thou fucking retard such as yourself instantly resorts to this kind of horseshit instead of even attempting to construct any kind of argument
Perfectly illustrates how little you actually give a shit about what you're arguing for and how much of a high you get out of your perceived moral high ground

nevada the legal age is 16

I mean I don't know where to begin? You need to get educated.

Morality is not invalid by virtue of people disagreeing with each other about ethical concerns so morality can't be arbitrary by being subjective. Second of all, the point of following ethical standards is for your own benefit, it's not just a random assertion of what is and isn't right you're totally obligated to live life by your own moral standards not just try to skirt around the law. Third of all the point behind ethics are not utopian so saying

>Anything after that is literally just your shitty opinion of "how the world should actually work", and guess what, no one gives a shit
Makes no sense at all, I mean saying that you ought to behave a certain way for your and society's benefit has nothing to do with this.

>Stop being a pretentious cunt
Yeah I actually should , old habits die hard though

If you're responsible and can provide and not hold her back, then this is probably fine. Women are childlike regardless until they have children. Just be aware of your power level.

Literally asked Jow Forums this before asking out a 17 YO last week. (i'm 21)
Yes she's less mature than me, but girls my age and older are indistinguishable maturity-wise.
If dates keep going well I plan to be very conservative sexually, zero pressure to bang, not kiss her until 5th date or so.
She has very few people in her life that care about her, I know I could be good for her. Love her unconditionally, protect her, help her establish a credit score & not get fucked buying a car, basically do everything I wish someone had done for me the last 4 years.

Sure, for it. They won't know how to have sex though

They will soon enough.

>Is it ok for a 21 year old to date a 17 year old? It's legal but is it taboo?
If you're really immature you might get away with it, but otherwise you look a bit creepy. Have fun listening to her school dramas and realising you were probably also that stupid at 17.
>Hugh Hefner was fucking 18 year olds as a 90 yr old man and nobody cared
Hugh Hefner was also a celebrity who ran a very popular magazine and lived in what was effectively a brothel, people didn't have high expectations of him to start with.

Can somebody explain to me the huge humongous gap there is between being 17 and being 18? Some times i really think this is a fucking exaggeration, its very typical to see "NO DUDE IF SHE IS 17 YOU CANT, WAIT TILL SHE IS 18, THEN ITS ALL FINE" i seriously dont think theres any difference, but to each their own, my gf is 8 years older than me, and am 22, we started dating when i was 17, and nobody cared, but if it was the other way around everyone will be acting like most anons are acting here, i think is just a bias. I dont recall beign fucking dumb even at 16, i mean, not to the extend that you guys are portraying people at 17 to be...

rarely and on light charges

no, age gaps like that are normal. you might just find that the person is immature and over reliant on you. Most peoples parents have an age gap of 4 years minimum, usually 4-7. My 20 year old mom married my 30 year old father. Age gaps between men and women is normal, women are attracted to older men anyway.

you speak as if an age gap of 4 years is a big deal, what you think any relationship with an age gap of more than 2 years is disgusting? I dont know of a single culture or rationality thats as absurdly strict as that when it comes to marriage, chill out.

I have a relative that was 35 when he banged a girl at 17 and she dropped out of hs. His family did not accept her in their circle because her mother was also responsible for the marriage issues another relative this guy had. Do you guys think the family is being unreasonable or are they in the right?

as a girl, can confirm that it's attractive for a guy to be 1-3 years older, (no more than 5 years though), ans it's honestly a bit of a turn-on

I dated a 16 year old at 22, it's fine

Sounds like you have issues, i mean if shes a little hot whore in the sack no issue but don't fool yourself

If you're nearing the end of college and she hasn't even finished high school then yes, it's weird.

>respakt wamen
Fuck that gay shit OP. Bend her over a desk and rail her until her cervix floods with your cum and makes little faggot op babies to continue your legacy of killing good threads on Jow Forums.

Nah, only prudes and Amerifat neo-puritans would think otherwise.

It is as of recently taboo due to people taking the law far too seriously. It should obviously not be taboo and used to not be until very recently. As soon as slut shaming stopped this chimping out over having sex before marriage started to replace the bitching over slut shaming. People wanted to believe that women would not have sex until married, and most don't want to get married until post eighteen historically,. So that's why the chimpout.

>at least nineteen
>rather than at least eighteen

Society is damned by your idiocy. It's not even illegal necessarily for a four year gap to be there. Seventeen is not too young for twenty-one despite what people think.

So twisted.

i re-thought this and ironically it's not illegal everywhere yet taboo anyway.

States even in the prude USA have a four year Romeo and Juliet thingy ironically. Seventeen and twenty-one is a four year gap, not even necessarily illegal.

But I get what you're saying. People are making it into a taboo for no logical reason.

>no sex
>implying some girl that is going after a guy years older doesn't want to get banged

I am here to cringe at you.

Got me to reply

If she looks older, you aren't the creepy type, you aren't 6''7 and she's 4''3 looking like a kid etcetc

A lot more than age counts into this

Lotsa men date women 20 years younger than them when they're well into their 40s. Heck, my parents are 12 years apart. It's weird now because there's such a maturity gap, believe me, between those mere couple years before going into your 20s. Most people are vastly different as a 20 year old - likely in college, living on their own, etc. - than compared to their 18 year old self when they still lived with their parents and went to high school and put quite a low amount of effort into life.

*blocks your path*

nice pedo meme phrase

Attached: 5c458745-eaaa-498f-b1fb-c3b3d705bba4..jpg (3872x2592, 742K)

Not really a meme. People on this board are outliers in terms of growing mentally past teen years, majority of people dont face peer pressure to grow mentally past HS & are almost exactly where they were at 18 at 28 in my experience.

I'm twenty-nine and haven't noticed people change much past the 9th grade.

just go for a middleschooler when you are at it

I dated a 17 year old when I was 27 lol

Attached: 1508868764921.png (2226x1738, 1.03M)