Can asexual people be successful in non-sexual areas of life?

As background I am a dude and am turning 30 soon. I have never had a girlfriend or even dated; I have never had any interest in being in a relationship with a girl. I guess I'm not actually asexual, because I had sex with girls when I was in my late teens/early twenties, and I fuck prostitutes a few times a year. But I don't feel any emotional attraction toward women.

I worry about how this affects other areas of my life though. As a man who has never had a girlfriend, I feel like other people look down on me (or, according to my father, just assume that I'm gay). I work in sales for a big corporation so all of my colleagues are people who are married or in relationships, and I feel like this makes me stand out as some sort of 'other' and probably has a tangible effect on my career and overall social standing. It's not like I can tell people "I don't date but don't worry, I bang hookers."

What should I do? It's easy to say "Just be yourself", but in my case I feel like this is making me less relatable to my colleagues and clients, which hurts me in the long run. In a way, my situation is kind of like what a closeted gay person would have faced during past periods in history when being gay was not as socially acceptable. In fact, it's probably worse, because at this point a person who just wants to have sex and not be in a relationship is looked at as worse than a regular gay person.

Attached: 2018-11-23 00_54_24-IMG_0027.jpg (318x407, 36K)

Can’t you just lie about a relationship make up a new girl every once in a while

I believe that's referred to as being aromantic. Definitely not a socially acceptable thing as some people can take that as not being able to see women as anything other than sex objects. You can do what other people suggest and lie about having a girlfriend or you can just avoid the topic altogether and claim your private about dating which in my experience is actually common.

>In a way, my situation is kind of like what a closeted gay person would have faced during past periods in history when being gay was not as socially acceptable. In fact, it's probably worse, because at this point a person who just wants to have sex and not be in a relationship is looked at as worse than a regular gay person.

Yes, very true.
You can't do much desu - or you lie about it and pretend you have dating life, or you can come out as asexual and get ready to give explanation to people about asexuality as a thing.
I recommend you the second one, it's tougher but lies don't feel good and can't last forever.

I have an asexual friend and if at first everyone is like "what the fuck is that even" after a while everyone understands. People won't care for long about your sexual habits whatever they are, and probably things will just get easier for you

I will be brutally honest. Your life will be hell. Give up your meme "orientation", seek a professional who works with people with sexual issues. See a doc to check your hormonal levels. I fell for the asexual meme too before finding out I had mental trauma, too much stress and bad hormones. Everyone else I knew irl who was asexual turned out to be the same. Usually having hormonal problems. In the end, they suddenly all became straight.

Hey OP. Usually I'm all for "be yourself", but an unfortunately part of that is "accept the repercussion of that". Society is fairly normative and set up to support and congratulate those who do the typical family man thing. This is for a healthy evolutionary reason of course and there is an argument that if I was having to lay off staff I would take into consideration shit like ... two equal workers, one with a family to support, one without into my decision. Even trying to relate to people doing the normal thing is going to be increasingly difficult.

So yeah, don't play by the rules for long enough while within the system where you benefit from the rules? Expect to eventually be rightfully marked at an interloper destined for eventual removal.

How does this help you? I guess it doesn't. You have failed even within your own niche to find a way to coexist and be part of the world with others which is an important skill. I know a MtF transgendered autistic edge lord and even he has an equally autistic butch lesbian house mate to stay connected to some form of reality.

Welp, bro its okay to not have or be in a relationship, but maybe your becoming more conscious of this part of your life because maybe a piece of yourself (subconscious) kinda thinks it's time for you to settle down or maybe wants for you to be in a relationship for whatever reason. Maybe you truly want more than what a hooker can give you, maybe this is the new experience you actually need. Even though you might not have found the right partner and even though you find it hard to create relationships, if you start trying maybe things will fall into place easier.

Also maybe your hunch is correct, maybe not having a relationship marks a bigger issue that's looming over your life or at your job, maybe not, but to find out maybe you should ask yourself some questions:

1. ask yourself if its normal
2. ask yourself if this is the way you want your life to be
3. ask yourself if there's something about yourself that you can change to become better
4. ask yourself if you really like the way your life is
5. ask yourself how it can be better
6. ask yourself is there any benefit to being in a relationship

some of these questions may seem redundant, but what i'm trying to stress is really dwell on these questions.

figuring out the issue is half the work though, so if you think you have something then be proactive to make it happen. also the answer might be something hard to change, but if that is the case be willing to change it and go the distance anyways bro.

You got this, even though it might be hard, you can do this. So go for it.

Asexual people don't need to be fixed.

Fuck off, go back to tumblr. Millions of illnesses have side effects that include "lack of sexual need". Schizoids are a popular example. It is not an orientation, it is a side effect. One that keeps you miserable until you get help and find out the root cause of your problem.

>Millions of illnesses have side effects that include "lack of sexual need".
That's true but it doesn't mean that behind no sexual and romatinc desire there must to be an illness always. It's not asexuality that makes people like OP miserable, it's being judge like a weirdo from the entire society because he doesn't fully fullfill its standards.

As long as you don't let such notions become your insecurities, you're fine. At least I can't imagine why you not being married would have negative effects on your working performance.

There's a reason he gets judged. It's to make him wise up and stop being an outcast who's harming himself. Same reason no one takes fat pride seriously, everyone knows it is harmful. There are biological reasons certain "taboos" exist. Stop playing God and thinking you know better just because pseudo science told you you're "right". If it wasn't a fake orientation, I'd still be asexual along with all my asexual friends.

You don't choose what you are, asshole. It's his life and he must be free to pursue whatever it makes him happy as long as it doesn't hurt anybody

>As background I am a dude and am turning 30 soon. I have never had a girlfriend or even dated.
You have no point of reference then.

You choose how you react to stimulus every day.

You choose to continue being mentally ill or get help. Asexuality has been cured a million of times throughout history. It's not the same as being gay, you total idiot. He either has mental issues like trauma or he has biological issues due to eating shit or not sleeping well. Go back to fucking school and retake biology.

I don't know my eyes just rolled back and I didn't choose to do it

I'm not sure bro, maybe he's living a life style that hard to break out of. Routine is always a hard thing to break from, because its your way of life, your way of life is like a scoop of view, you can only see whats in your scoop of view, this may prevent one from seeing a new path.

In this situation i don't think hes trying to continue down a problematic path, i think hes trying to decide whether or not there a problem that needs to be solved, i think coming on this forum is kinda showing that.

This
Fix yourself OP

Anorexia is also a hard routine to break out of, doesn't mean you should be a sissy and stay mentally ill. What a shocker, fixing illness or other ailments is not something you do over night. Doesn't change the fact it is extremely unhealthy. Anorexic people will also claim they are fine and healthy and not dying nor miserable but in reality they live in daily mysery. As soon as they get cured, they realize how all their misery stemmed from their illness, they were just in denial.

I can relate, OP, and I feel like it ruined all my friendships too.It gets so exhausting trying to feign interest in people's relationships. It's like a full time job. It's so boring, I would rather just go be alone in nature, it's less headache inducing.

Sometimes I wish I was sexual because the world is more set up for it. For example, a full apartment isn't affordable on one person's salary, but works out with two people paying rent. I just can't bring myself to fake a whole sexual relationship in order to be able to move out of my parent's home.

Probably having depression doesn't help either.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

stop telling people to no be asexual, it's not possible. Asexuality is an orientation like being gay, you can't fix it, and any attempts to will cause further emotional duress.

>Can asexual people be successful in non-sexual areas of life?

>I’ve never played basketball before, am I qualified to be a chef?

This is the kind of defeatist thinking that leads to people making pride movements for their mental illness. You just don't think there's a fix because you've been poisoned your whole life with chemicals from plastics that you think it's normal to have a hormonal imbalance.

you can treat mental illness, you can't treat sexual orientation. I'm sorry if you don't like this fact, but it's the truth.

The word you are looking for is hyposexuality. It's different than asexuality, but I don't have the energy to explain it right now. look it up.

>Blah blah blah go educate yourself bigot
How about you be normal, first?

This thread wack af. In high school I considered myself asexual and I had a ton of mental health issues to go along with it. The doctors said the same thing, "You're not asexual, it's probably just the stress/depression" and guess who's still asexual after all the doctors and Meds. This gal. I'm perfectly healthy and fuck free.

You don't know more than doctors and psychologists do. Try to be more humble. There are things about the world you don't fully understand.

Oh yeah, I forgot people who benefit from the lack of cures exist.

THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE YOUR ORIENTATION. It's not that people WANT it to be this way, or there is a secret cure out there people are hiding from you. They have literally tied to cure this shit 1000s of times in the past. IT DOES NOT WORK. Let it go.

lol we got the borg in here, telling people they can't be asexual and must serve the hive