Hi, im English and I hate my country and want to leave ASAP

Hi, im English and I hate my country and want to leave ASAP.

I've visited Ireland several times in my life and decided that its probably the best place for me to escape to as well as being one of the easiest for me as an Englishman. I really enjoy the culture there every time i've been and the country is beautiful to me. I also have some recent irish ancestry, so of all "foreign" countries it is the one i feel the most brotherhood with

Just wondering if there are any Irish anons, or potentially other British immigrants, who can advise me on how best to go about this and what to expect if i successfully pull it off? I am currently a student at a good English uni so would be looking to move in the next few years after I graduate if possible

Attached: IrelandFlagPicture2.jpg (2000x1200, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp16000022
cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp
canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How recent is your ancestry?

Not recent enough to make immigrating any easier if thats what you're asking, unfortunately

Its through one of my grandfathers. Its not much but literally every other part of my family is english as fuck so its notable to me

I would say that, at the moment it's particularly uncertain because of all the Brexit stuff, most of the controversy surrounding it involves the Irish border specifically. That is the area of policy most in flux by far.

I would say ask again a year from now because there will definitely be more answers and you aren't planning to go for multiple years at least.

Yeah personally i am praying for a second referendum because the idea of getting stuck in england my whole life because of MUH BREXIT makes me want to unironically kill myself

I can get citizenship through my grandparents and mother with birth certificates and marriage licenses.

Pretty sure if great/grandfather is Irish, so are you when it comes to applying for citizenship.

Attached: 5C05C3DE-EBD7-470C-8A95-932398D34497.jpg (1242x2094, 779K)

Part of the Good Friday agreement gives NI and British people very fluid access to live and work in the ROI (and vise-versa), however, as says the border issue is a hot one as it potentially throws the Good Friday agreement out of the window if a hard border becomes the likelihood. If you want to get established in Ireland before any serious shit hits the fan, you could always look to transfer over to an Irish university before your course finishes.

Is that for real? I'll need to look into this more. Basically i dont know much about my irish grandfather, he died way before i was born, i just know he was irish. Dont know if he was born in ireland but he grew up in england. So i wouldnt know how to go about it but i guess i should look into it

Yeah I fucking hate the brexit shit because I've been planning to escape england for a long time now and the political situation might now mean my easiest route of doing so will be FUCKED

Might start campaigning with the anti-brexit lot solely for my own self-interest of immigrating the fuck out of here in 2 years desu

Dublin is unbelievably expensive to rent in and that's where most of the jobs are. Maybe try Limerick or Cork. Avoid the west of Ireland, it rains too much.

i would advise you to find accomadation outside dublin, dublin is going through an extremem housing crisis, so is most of the country. taxes are high here, but public services are worse than the uks. what are you hoping to work as op?

As a Bong, you can just move over. Don't think of it any different from moving to a UK city. You'll need to do some little things like set up a PPSN, open an Irish bank account and get an Irish phone number, but that's about it.

Dublin is expensive and Limerick and Cork have their rough spots, but overall it's okay. I've lived down there and never had a problem. South Dublin is "posher" than North Dublin. There are quite a few foreigners in Dublin city center. Towns like Celbridge, Athy, Sallins, Naas are commuter towns to Dublin if you have a car.

You can get citizenship if you have an Irish grandparent.
inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp16000022
The fees will run you up about e1300 approx. Might be worth it.

t. Paddy who has lived in England, now living across the pond.

Taxes are the same as the UK and the public service the same. I'd argue that the HSE is better than the NHS, having been through both systems.

Id advise going to either Limerick, Cork or Galway. They're the best cities to live in desu, dublins a shithole.

honestly im going to emigrate to sweden, china, singapore or japan. this country is depressing and will never get better. im a computer science major and i want to try life in a better place.

Go to Galway. Its cheaper to live in than Dublin

I quite like Cork and Kilkenny.

how hard is it to move stateside as a paddy?, im emigrating the fuck out when i graduate.

Galway has a lot of hipsters and sjws

From my own biased opinion, the next time I end up in China I'll be establishing a beachhead. Fuck 'em. Unless you are going for an adventure, it's not a pleasant place. Never been to Japan or Singapore.

Sweden is full of liberals and homosexuals, if you like that kind of thing.

they have a strong tech sector. i hate liberals as im a strong conservative. china, japan and signapore are quite conservative and i would prefer.

Its impossible get a decent paid job in Ireland unless you are in programming or engineering and even then you'll be paid much better in other countries in those sectors.

I went to Canada, not the US. I have a L1-A visa though through my company in case they want to send me to the US. The US is quite difficult to get into from what I hear, but I'm not an expert.

If you are a Bong and want to come to Canada you can do it two ways.
1. Get a working holiday IEC visa
cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp
As a Bong, you get it for one year and then renew it. You're good for two years. If you don't like it, move home.
2. Apply for permanent residence (PR). If you are the comp sci, you should get it. It'll take about 6-8 months for the whole process.
canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

I got the IEC visa, set myself up over here, then applied for the PR. The PR is quite expensive and time consuming. There is a monetary requirement to both, you can find them in the link above. I think it was like 10k GBP.

As a Paddy, your IEC visa is good for 2 years. You don't need to renew it btw.

>dublin expensive
Sounds like London lmao. I really like Dublin but I'm very open to living in other cities too. Would prefer not to live anywhere super rural though

Thanks lad

I really like Dublin whenever I visit. Will consider other places definitely though. At this point I want to get out of England at any cost so I dont mind specifics

Agreed lad the UK makes me miserable. I've always hated it. As early as age 10 I used to dream of moving to america. Everything about this place depresses me, and every time I travel to another country I'm reminded of the fact that literally almost anywhere else in the first world is better than the UK

Yes, it’s real. Get the ball rolling.

If you have a car in the UK, you can always take the ferry over. Then you get set yourself up in a Dublin commuter town and drive in and out. Dublin bus runs all over the city too, and there are DART/LUAS light rail services in and out of the city.

Moving country is expensive. Make sure you budget accordingly, then add a few grand on top for good measure. Little things like applying for this and that run you up quite a bit. Be aware that you may not have an established credit history wherever you move.

I don't mind being a bit poor. I grew up poor in the UK so i'm used to it. Like I said i want to move at practically any cost. If I can just make it out of this shithole and take a few years to establish myself in another country, i'll be happy. If in 20 years time I'm firmly established with a local wife and kids and having cut off all contact from Britain I'll be the happiest man alive

That's fair, but the initial cost will be more than you think. You have to find a place to stay, landlord may have to vet you, fee costs for government services, rent deposit, it all adds up. Just be prepared.

Moving from Ireland to the UK didn't cost me too much. I remember I stayed in a hotel for a week until I found a place to move into (furnished). I started work straight away so it wasn't too bad.

UK to Canada cost me a fortune. Probably like 8k GBP. It took me 2 months to find the job I wanted and it was all spend for them 2 months with no income. 6k GBP for setup and what holding out until I found that job, then another 2k GBP on sorting out PR and other miscellaneous costs.

Yeah thats cool. Wont be moving for at least a couple years yet, probably several more since i need some funds to get over there first

Im like the british two dui guy. Except I dont have any duis. And instead of trying to run away from a small hillbilly town im trying to run away from an entire country of posh fuckwits

Also do you know anything about how english/british people are treated out there? Like do the locals hate british immigrants? I've been told conflicting things. Im not patriotic at all obviously and i hate the queen too so i figure i shouldn't end up in any trouble

Attached: 13f.gif (498x594, 97K)

It's absolutely fine. I live with two Brits I met in the UK. I moved over to Canada first, then they decided they wanted to come over so I set them up and we all moved in together.

Cities like Toronto/Vancouver are not Canadian. As such, if you have to do the English test for the PR, you'll be the only white guy in there. The place is a mess of Indians and Chinese. Find a sport like baseball or hockey if you want to meet actual Canadians here.

It's strange, when I was in the UK the Brits used to complain about foreigners when I was in the room. To Brits, I as an Irishman wasn't a foreigner, no different from a Scot in England. The real Canadians treat British and Irish the same. We're like the best of the best immigrants to them. The brown and yellow Canadians don't like us because they have a pole up their own arse and they recognise we get preferential treatment.