Is it pathetic for a man to become a practical/vocational nurse? (RN is not an option for me...

Is it pathetic for a man to become a practical/vocational nurse? (RN is not an option for me, that's a 4 year degree and I hate school). Honestly I think I would be good at this job, and it's a highly in-demand trade with relatively good pay, it just seems like a really strange choice as I always saw myself doing something more manly like being an auto mechanic, plumber, or trucker.

Attached: LPN.jpg (800x450, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5RI3iaMgoL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jesus christ dude just do what you want

being a nurse is manly, the bigger issue is defining your life by these arbitrary rules. do what you want.

If america, there is a dire shortage of medical staff. Chase your money.

If you're preoccupied with your presumptive gender role, a male nurse is comparable to a male teacher below grade 9. An anomaly, but usually respected when come upon.

or, who gives a fuck and listen to

Anyone here have actual firsthand experience in this line of work? Oddly enough there seem to be a lot of male nurses on Jow Forums

If anyone ever questions what you do as a profession literally just send em this and do what you gotta do
youtu.be/5RI3iaMgoL0

Naw, it's a good job. Go for it if you want to.

Honestly a really respectable job. And it's really demanding, so get used to night shifts, on the other side you get to know a lot of girls, good luck, and don't be such an insecure fuck, op

Are you from Jow Forums?

>on the other side you get to know a lot of girls, good luck

The idea of a female-dominated workplace is one of the things that freaks me out. I've heard bad things, although I have no experience with it.

Don't shit where you eat mate and you're all good

>Is it pathetic for a man to become a practical/vocational nurse?
No, you're getting hung up on thinking of women when you hear "nurse". Nobody who needs a nurse is going to be picky about if their nurse is male or female.

If you want to become a nurse, do it, it's your life and you can't get hung up on what others think.

Male nurses are the best!

I spent weeks in the hospital with my mom. The male nurses seemed to be strong, calm and focused.

No. Some people may make fun of you, but they're generally looked down on especially among nurses. Nursing is a rewarding, well paying career choice.

The hours suck and working night shifts will fuck you up. As a man you will have to deal with all the heavy lifting or restraining problem patients. RNs make more than twice as much, if you really want to be a nurse.

You will make a bit more as a plumber or electrician with much better hours, no bodily fluids, and the potential to start your own business eventually.

the pay is shit and you will be miserable sitting in a hospice center waiting for people to die all night every night.

the only good nursing is RN. With overtime many nurses get over 6 figures.

None of these issues bother me tbqh.

>you can't get hung up on what others think.

It's not really about that, I'm just not 100% sure if I personally am okay with this. Nursing is probably the last career I ever pictures myself in.

DESU it kind of is, but I'd never judge a person based on their profession. certainly some wise guys would use this as an insult in a bar-argument type scenario, and some types of women will view you as less of a man. but there are also not shitty people who won't care

It's pathetic to ask this question in the first place. A male nurse who's comfortable with their job is less pathetic than you are OP.

bomp

I'm in my second year of Pratical nursing and it's really fun. I'm a guy
Do it if you like it. It's pretty manly to fish out a guys organs and help a doctor out.
Unless you do residential and instead of cleaning blood you're killing shit of an old mans ass.
Just dont do residential, you'll be forced to during your first placement but get out of there as fast as possible.

Respected by?
I don’t ever remember seeing an attractive nurse ever and I visit many sites
Everyone is fat, always talk about not getting enough steps while showing off their Fitbit and all are legitimately crazy
Most cannot do basic math and should not be entrusted with a life

Pay is arbitrary. In Canada I can make 60 grand a year starting bumping that up to 80k with specializations and experience. More than enough to survive on

Where do you live?
80% of the nurses in my workplace are attractive, at the very least not offensive to look at. The other 20% are old.
If someone in my workplace doesnt know basic math they can potential ki the patient.
If you're talking about nurses in old peoples homes, then yeah thats true. But nurses in acute, post-op, physio, surgical, etc are very well respected and pretty intelligent

What do you consider the overall pros and cons of this profession?

no, it's solid. anyone who says otherwise is a bitter neet/incel

Not a nurse nor an LPN however I work alongside a great deal of them both, and I can say with utmost certainty that I have nothing but respect for my coworkers and the things they do. Male or female.

It's fun, its rewarding, girls love it.
Only real flaw is dealing with shitty clients, but that's in every profession.
And dealing with blood/shit/piss but If you want to go into nursing good chance you've accepted and/or are used to that

RN is not a four year degree. That's BSN. Get the ADN degree. That's two years.

Before you snap off with some attitude, I'm a RN with the two year degree.

Not everywhere in America, there isn't.

I've been a RN for ten years.

I've been a RN with a two year degree for ten years and I'm telling you right the idiots in this thread are fucking clueless. Every one of you needs to shut the hell up, leave this thread and let OP ask me questions.

I've worked in Florida, Alabama, SC, Texas, Arizona, Indiana, Tennessee, Germany, Korea, Japan, Ireland and Turkey. I've done psych, critical care, surgery, ER, geriatrics and regular medical/surgical.

If the rest of these clueless people will kindly bug off, I'll answer your questions.

A friend of mine did it after the military. Worked in a mental health facility where size and strength were a bonus. Got his RN working on his masters to become a nurse practitioner.

>pathetic to be a nurse
>I always saw myself doing something more manly like being an auto mechanic, plumber, or trucker.
...as a femanon, if given the choice, I'd take a guy working as a nurse over any of those jobs you just listed, 100% of the time. It is not even a close contest. Those jobs have the most creepy and sleazy men that humanity has to offer.

Nurses are cool. Caring for other people is nice. It sets a good first impression for who you are as a human being.

I work in a day care, not as a nurse, but it's like 95% women everywhere. I've been to 3 places, and you've heard correct. They are fairly awful. Women are terrible.

But the thing is, the men rarely ever feel that. They are always treated nicely, and they tens to avoid 99% of the conflicts that happen between the female employees. It's like the bickering hen, they snicker and poke each other, and can make life miserable for each other, but they all act fine and sweet when the cocks are around.

Oh, shut up. In my recent nursing course, one of my peers was an Iraq War veteran who became a cop back in the States, then decided on nursing. Big burly mother fucker.

>It's like the bickering hen, they snicker and poke each other, and can make life miserable for each other, but they all act fine and sweet when the cocks are around.
I feel like I should have seen that analogy end the way it did, and yet it still made me choke on my drink.

Though I do agree, women are generally quite nice when the boys are around. They can get downright nasty if you aren't in their little cliches.

>it pathetic for a man to become a practical/vocational nurse?

what the fuck are you even talking about

this is one of those retarded american things isn't it

OP here. I'm Canadian and it's different here. All RN's need a 4 year university degree, with all the horseshit that involves like classtime (and money) wasted on things like English literature, political studies, theoretical sciences, etc. The LPN program is 16 months and seems only to focus on the practical hands-on side of the nursing profession.