Just got fucked by Verizon, considering killing myself

I am so fucking screwed it's not even funny. Just got a notice from Verizon that apparently I owe them several months late payments, and they've sold my account to a collection agency.

I don't even have an account with Verizon, I had an account with them for like a day a while back but I changed my mind returned everything paid the cancellation fee and everything they told me to pay and triple checked with the employee that everything was paid off and I didn't owe anything and we were good, but now out of the blue with no warning they say I am late and based on a quick look google is telling me my credit score is going to be ruined for the next seven years.

I don't know what to do. I really don't. I looked at my mail this evening and I feel like my life is ruined because I decided to get a phone and then changed my mind and thought it was done. Please someone shed some light into this, please.

Attached: download.jpg (238x211, 9K)

chill, this happened to me didnt even ding my credit. you'll just get letters in the mail for a long time from these agencies but you can ignore them totally. eventually they just stop

Have you tried calling them and asking them what it's about...?

Dude, I can't afford this sort of shit. I finally graduated, I'm looking for better employment, hoping to buy myself a home in a year or two, I can't afford to have my credit go down the shitter, what if this did fuck with it? I can't just stick my head up my ass and hope it did nothing.

I literally just found out tonight, their offices aren't open or I would. I'm pacing like a fucking madman having a melt down and I can't sleep and I need to be at work in a few hours and I can't fucking sleep and I can't chill.

Call them with a pissed off attitude. This is their fuckup, not yours. Make it obvious that you are not going to pay a single cent.

Do this if you want the repo man to show up at your door very soon

Does that work? I'll be honest when I was just starting college I worked at a credit card place and that never seemed to work for the poor saps who called us.

Wtf would they repo tard, he didnt put anything up as collateral.

They sold it to collections they cant do anything at this point. honestly you sound young you probably dont even have credit

When you say there's nothing they can do, are you telling me I'm fucked and it can't be fixed? And if this is a big black mark that sits there for 7 years doesn't that mean I won't be able to build any fucking credit?

What? they cant do anything to your credit. honestly if you're going to act this autistic just pay it.

you dont even HAVE credit before youre 25 in america except special cases, i dont know where you live at but that was my guess.

missing payments and going to collections effects credit, and your fucking crazy if you think people don't have credit scores before they are 25.

I definitely have a credit score, I've had a credit card since I was like 14. And my credit must be pretty good because they upgraded my card. I wonder if taking money out of cash advance at the massive interest rate affects my credit score. I hope not.

Bumping. Still freaking out. I hear bad credit can keep you from getting work, and I really really really can't have that. Please, does anyone have any kind of experience or real knowledgeable advice they can share. Trying to research via google is telling me nothing.

Shut the fuck up. You cancelled them before any of this took place and paid your dues. Call Verizon and get it sorted out.

I'd hate to see you in a stressful situation at work.
Do you have any emails or did you cancel over the phone.

In person, in the store.

Also most stressful situations at work don't have the potential to ruin my life for the foreseeable future. 7 years, that's fucking significant.

Call corporate and tell them your situation
They will fix it

Sounds like a scam to me.

Verizon will have the documentation of your account activity, including opening and closing. Contact them and get it sorted. It's either a mistake and will have no effect on your credit score once it's sorted, or it's a scam, in which case the operator will want to know anyway.

You are fucking retarded and you're the reason why scams exist.

Cash advances are a terrible way to get money. Loans almost always have a lower interest rate.

Look up your local laws on collections agencies. There are actually a lot of restrictions on what they can and cannot do - most of them depend on people freaking out and paying up.

This is the age of fucking Gmail. Did you get a cancellation confirmation? Search for it. Look up your credit card records for the last payment to Verizon.

Finally, consider the fact that this may be some kind of scam.

Finally, calm the fuck down.

Did you even think to look at your credit with Creditkarma?

Most phone companies don’t report to credit companies.

This sounds like a scam. Find a number to Verizon that is not on the notice the sent you.

Call, get names of who you speak with, have them email you confirmations, do not hang up until you receive email confirmations.

Not sure why you paid a cancellation fee if you honestly only had it a day:

“You may terminate service for any reason within 14 days of activation. If you purchased a wireless device at a promotional price at the time of activation, you must return it within the device return period to avoid being assessed an Early Termination Fee of $175, or $350 if you purchased an Advanced Device.“

>you dont even HAVE credit before youre 25 in america except special cases, i dont know where you live at but that was my guess.
Are you a fucking retard? Also, this sounds like a scam, OP. Stop fucking freaking out and DO NOT call ANY numbers they give you or visit any sites or reply to any texts from them. Find an official Verizon number and call their customer service. Tell them exactly what you got. If they say that shit didn't happen, it didn't. I got shit similar to this when I was like 18 and was just like huh? and obviously called the actual company. Shit was resolved in 10 minutes.

>This sounds like a scam.
This. It does sound like a scam or someone other than OP fucking up. I'm talking out of my ass, but charging you for services you're not even receiving and then threatening you with a collection agency could be counter-sued in small claims (would be enough to threaten them; how much they make off of OP vs time wasted is a net-negative) and/or could be reported to your credit card company in which they will fuck Verizon in the ass with their own fees.

It's a scam