>24
>starting college in a week

Any advice? I've been reading a lot but still kinda nervous.

Attached: IMG_4274.png (1242x2208, 1.73M)

Bump

I'm 29 and re-doing college (dropped out due to stress, mental malaise and general unpreparedness the first time).

With a week away, there's not much intellectually you can do. Maybe spam some Khan videos on your major's subject and make sure you have supplies and a plan for internet access

Don't go.

Save your future self from crippling debt and mind burning regret.

seriously this unless you're doing STEM

trade school costs less, gets you paid more and you have practical experience. I wish I went into trade, seems more enjoyable and easier to find jobs

>HIT THE BARS.
Good god, if you go to bars every weekend you're gonna be swimming in pussy my man. When you go, ask your roomates or friends from class to go, too. Don't go alone if at all possible. "Hey man, I'm heading to the bar, let's go."

>JOIN CLUBS
I was in the anime club and a hiking club in college. Great fucking times. I loved both of those clubs so much. There was a Judo club I wish I joined, but I pussied out, thinking people would think I was trying to learn to be tough or something. Should have.

>HIT THE GYM
If you don't take advantage of the free gym they offer you need to kill yourself. Hotties everywhere, getting yourself Jow Forums.

>TALK TO YOUR CLASSMATES
Seriously, just a, "hey, what's up? I'm user. What did you think of that assignment?" to the person you're sitting next to will break the ice and go a long way to future development.

Went the trade route after highschool. Injured my back. Going for construction management. Thanks for looking out

What will you be doing differently this time? Were you just not dedicated enough?

It's community college and I'll be living at home. Seems like most of your tips are on making friends. Which is fine but I'm looking to succeed rather than befriending normie

I'm 22. Dropped out 3 years ago, but my credits all transfered so I'm technically a sophomore. I feel far too old to interact with most of these kids, coupled with my natural aversion to unnecessary social situations, so i generally just go to class, do my work, wait around for the next class and/or go home.
It's not hard (might be if you for an actual degree, like math/physics/some engineering) but you have to remember, there are plenty of dumb people on most university campuses and that the schools tend to cater to the lowest common denominators (usually women and minorities). Just do your work, don't procrastinate too much, but most importantly, don't stress.

not that other user, but when I was in college I didn't fully comprehend why I was there the first time. I was there just because that's what I was supposed to do, or so I thought. I wasn't interested in my classes and I didn't care about grades or loans

Going back I fully understand the purpose of college. You need to take advantage of clubs, job fairs and networking with your peers and professors. Schools usually have internship programs, so do them. You're spending YOUR money to be there, so you need to utilize it to get your money's worth otherwise you'll end up with a ton of debt and no degree.

Yes you can party, but school 1st ALWAYS. As soon as it starts to become a backseat, you'll regret it sooner and later

>schools tend to cater to the lowest common denominator
>(usually women and minorities)
redpilled

Attached: 1488664839370.jpg (200x200, 5K)

Sad but true

Attached: 1546098651265.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>Schools cater to the lowest common denominator
>still drops out

What does that make you?

getting triggered there bud?

There's a campus safespace ya know, though there's a waiting line ever since trump got elected

Attached: fa0cuSo.jpg (536x508, 33K)

>Seems like most of your tips are on making friends. Which is fine but I'm looking to succeed rather than befriending normie
kek. Sorry, WAY too used to the Jow Forums classic
>I'm in uni and I have no friends halp

In that case, study two hours per every class and lab hour you have per week, per class. This does not include time spent on homework. For example:
>8 hours class and lab per week
>finish homework
>16 hours studying per week

Practically guaranteed to ace your shit. Still comes out to less than a full-time, 40 hour workload.

>I-I'm not mad 'bud' y-you are!

I'll ask again. If you managed to fuck up at a place that's catered to the lowest common denominator, what does that make you? Huh, whiteboy?

I dropped out and returned. I left with a 3.5 GPA, got a 3.85 last semester. Not great, but considering I hardly ever spent time outside of class doing anything and spent most of the semester playing video games, I'd say it's not that bad.
And I left because I had doubts about whether college was/is worth it. It's not, but what else am I going to do? I have free rent, usually free food, and a part time job to cover the rest. Fuck off, faggot

when did I say I didn't graduate bud? huh bud? you mad I'm white bud? tryin to snatch my privelige while I'm not lookin bud? regret getting your degree in psychology of art science history there bud and not STEM like me bud?

simmer down there bud

Attached: 1487314276189.jpg (600x315, 37K)

We'll yeah I hope you weren't trying, you were barely even a sophomore before you dropped out.

>what else am I supposed to do
Also it sounds like you're settling. You're an able bodied white man in America. You're options are literally endless and you might be one of the luckiest people to ever exist on this planet. Take advantage of it and stop acting like a low t Jow Forumstard. What's your major?

I'm clearly having this deeply intellectual discusion with and not you. White boys getting btfo'd today.

I felt pressured to go to college after graduating high-school a year early. I didn't want to go to college but I everyone told me to go. So I went, made it a year, and left. I don't regret going or leaving; it was a neutral learning experience. Not that I learned any academic material.
As far as your "settling" point, you might be correct. The problem is I have very little motivation. Deciding to go back to school was predicated on me losing the ability to live for free on some family property.
I'm undeclared, but nothing STEM. I can do fine with math, but it's not my interest. I'm thinking I'll end up doing an MBA so undergrad doesn't matter much. My school has a Philosophy and Politics degree which I might do because those are the most interesting things I've taken to date.

Ive tried exploring my options and what I've found are university, trade school, retail/restaurant job, military, self start business, or trucker. I'm sure there are other options, such as being an author or something, but most/all require outside income to kickstart the process.
As of right now, my plan is to get these degrees, learn russian or some other (white) language and then do my best to get a decent job in a white country and move there. It's not a great plan, but otherwise I'd be wasting away on video games or would have killed myself.

Yeah I was about to give you advice on exploring your tastes but since you've already done that and came up with nothing, idk. Like you said, at least you're doing something. You seem art drawn and creative. Are you into computers? Programming can be very lucrative.

Also gtfo with your false sense of accomplishment, you've been drinking the pol koolaid far too long my amigo. You come on here talking down on women and minorities like you've actually done something with your life. Your only source of confidence is being white and you literally did nothing to accomplish that. Reality check, this isn't the 1950's.

That's what I was looking for thanks. I guess it's just gonna come down to putting in the work and time management.

But since we're on the topic of friends, I'm curious as to how my social life is going to develop. I went into trades after highschool so I've been around grown, grizzled laborers since my late teens. My sense of humor is prolly a bit raunchier so I might have to turn it down

I didn't like programming much. I do enjoy art (namely drawing, but I'd like to get into painting eventually).
Im not sure where you're getting a "sense of accomplishment" from. It's true, I'm very egotistical, but I'm also very realistic about my material success. Just because I want to be around whites (Europeans specifically, aka the most successful race(s)) doesn't mean I compare myself to the best of the whites. I just have no interest to continue living in the feminist multicultural hell-scape I grew up in. Especially considering I'd like to have kids eventually. I don't want to bring them into Brazil 2.0. I'm glad I was born white, that's for sure.

I get where you're coming from. I'm first generation Mexican American and I'm starting my family in Mexico, once I get my American degree. Not really into the whole 'work till you're 60 then die at 70' thing Americans seems to love, plus white women are bottom tier. Do you think conservative Mexicans and Conservative whites would get along?

Of all the non-whites I've had to deal with, high functioning latinos are fine in my opinion. Would I ever choose a Latino over a white of the same class? Probably not. But considering America won't ever be white again, I'd rather have latinos than niggers. I don't have many Mexicans where I am (pittsburgh) but I have had to deal with some, mostly in Mexican restaurants and they are no worse than asians. Of course, I'm sure the gangbanging ones are awful, but I don't have those here. One or two americanized ones I met were fine too.
So to answer your question, yes, I think they *could* get along. Both seem to be fairly racist (assuming conservative like you said) but I think that can be overcome given enough time.
I know I said I'm interested in Europe, but I actually did consider Mexico for a while. I'm biggest turn-off (besides race) is climate. It is simply too hot there. I sweat when it's 60F out so I think you can figure out what I'm saying.

>Time management
This is just self explanatory
>Always participate
Leave an impression on your professors by participating. Not hard, you just have to answer one or two questions. If you're interested in the topic anyway, you'll be jumping in the class conversations regardless
>Look for jobs/internships
Speak to career services at your school and get that ball rolling. Not many students do this so you'll instantly stand out to the office folks who will get you a position somewhere

Godspeed You! Black OP

Nah, I'm 28 and I worked construction but I'm currently in uni and people love my brusque, gaudy nature. A lot. I'm having a blast here.

dont go. teach yourself and get connections

t. bs and ms in cs

Befriend people who are good at their future job

That was good kek