I've been feeling really depressed lately and I just want to hang out with my boyfriend for a day. Have him with me...

I've been feeling really depressed lately and I just want to hang out with my boyfriend for a day. Have him with me, hold me, be nice to me

I told him this and he thinks it's stupid. He says if I'm depressed I should do something to diatract/make myself happy, and he can't spend his whole day off bored with me.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me hut it feels bad. I'm just so lonely, I can't stop crying. Howdo I make it clear to him that I need him? Just for a day, one day, I need to be cared about or whatever.

Attached: tumblr_mu3wdlGZdo1sgh4k9o1_500.png (497x480, 218K)

Fuck that guy come to my house OP I’m a girl and I’ll cuddle and watch Netflix with you

You stay in SoCal and aren't fat?

Tell him this

"I figured out what to do to make myself happy. Dumping you. Thanks again for the advice. Bye~~"

I mean in your own words.
Life is too short to waste with someone selfish and useless.

He's not wrong. You should thank him as he's trying to teach you not to be reliant on someone else for an issue you'll have the rest of your life. Read a book, draw, digital art, work out, ect.

this isn't tinder

He's not selfish, he just doesn't understand. I'm not going to break up with him.

I mean, yeah. But it's been extra hard lately and I've been doing so much better, I just wish I could be loved and hang out with someone today. I'm so alone and I can't take it.

Yea

Is it really just one day, or is this a recurring thing? Like, are you always falling back on depression and complaining?

Don't get me wrong, your boyfriend is shitty if he can't spare a day to be nice to you when you're feeling down, but there's a tendency for people to not realize how often they're constantly acting like a sad sack and putting all of their emotions on their partner.

...Your boyfriend thinks it's stupid that you want to hang out with him? Are you sure this guy's your boyfriend?

If you were doing much better you wouldn't be seeking comfort from someone else. You are weak, and the only one who is going to help you out of this is yourself, so you better start learning now. Start listening to more positive music, and cook yourself breakfast every morning.

It happens here and there. For the past month, I've been making a 24/7 effort to be a better person. No fighting, complaining, being difficult, cleaning without being asked, doing things for my bf, being extra nice, etc. I'm even in the process of plannng him a big suprise party. But yesterday this overwhelming depression hit me and I just can't get out of it. I'm not going to be stupid and hurt myself, but getting out of bed or doing anything sounds impossible.

Yeah lmao he just wants to play xbox 24/7. Which is fine. But our xbox's are in different rooma to not pick each other up on mic, not to mention I've only been playing Skyrim and he's only been playing For Honor/Boardeelands 2. Yeah I COULD join him, but he's in an xbox call with a bunchof his guy friends who either just make fun of me or won't let me talk. I'm pretty shy, too. Once and a while he gets off xbox to play pokemon or watch youtube. He does it in the living room and lays on the futon, but makes no effort to allow me to join. I usually leave after sitting on the floor for a few hours.

Isn't the point of having an so jut having someone to help you through shit?

Btw our 1 year is in a few weeks and I'm upset because I'm expecting nothing, I don't think he'll even remember or care.

There is a certain unspoken list of things a boyfriend has to do when he gets the bf status.
One of the top ones on the list is to FUCKING hold the girl, specially if she asks.

The guy sounds like dump material. Not marriage material at least.

>But our xbox's are in different rooma
...Your boyfriend is in the same house as you and still won't hang out with you?
Fuck you both, get your fucking lives together. That's not a relationship, that's barely even a decent room mate.

It doesn't sound like you're doing much for you. All of the "better person" stuff you listed here are things to make your boyfriend more happy. That's not a good way out of depression. I think you have a good reason to be depressed, you're dating a big man baby who does nothing with his time but play Xbox and watch Pokémon videos.

>Isn't the point of having an so just having someone to help you through shit?
No. That isn't the point at all, and you should rework how you think about relationships. The healthiest kind of relationship is where two people are genuinely happy on their own, but choose to spend time with this other person to make their lives more enriching.

You aren’t tinder

>He's not selfish, he just doesn't understand. I'm not going to break up with him
Ok retard

cringe whiteknight beta

I mean he's not wrong. I mean if youre dating someone physical contact is sortof cool. I imagine regular conversation outside of xbox is cool too. I mean if you want to date someone you never talk to and dont touch i mean i guess you do you, but it seems like a waste to me. He is giving off some vibes, though.

We do talk and tocuh, but just in a passing manner. We don't hang out. I mean I understand where he's coming from, he juat wants to relax and have fun with his friends. And I'm all for that. I just wish that once and a while, I could too. Or maybe we could just hang out togther for more than a 'ily k bye'

Ive been in relationships like that before. Ive regretted it and its been the worst relationship ive ever had. Im not trying to say yours is bad, I dont know the details, but if your boyfriend is more willing to hang out with his xbox then you when youve told him youre depressed, you may want to talk it out with him and/or reevaluate your priorities.

It's not white knight to want to cuddle with someone you like. Even better if she wants it bad.
I'm not the guy you find on r/niceguys. The list I mentioned is just the bare minimum to be a bf. Things like picking at the train station after a trip or whatever. Caring, basically.

>All that shit
What the fuck kind of cuck are you that you are with a guy like this ? What the hell has he done to even have you in the beginning.
You need to work on yourself first and ask why you are with someone who has no intention of having you as a part of their life.

Tell him that if he doesn't make any effort for you, you'll destroy the xbox.

>Howdo I make it clear to him that I need him?
For a start, don't end your sentences with "or whatever".

That's super fucked up and abusive lmao jesus take his feelings into consideration too.

I guesd he just thinks what he does do is enough, in his eyes, but in mine we're strangers. We can't compromise because everytime I bring it up he goes "Well idk why u feel that so stop".