Supplements to help with ADD that aren't hard drugs like adderall?

Supplements to help with ADD that aren't hard drugs like adderall?

Attached: tuxedo_pepe_chess.png (427x576, 310K)

none. get adderall.

Really just a proper diet and a healthy lifestyle. ADD isn't a deficiency of something that can be supplimented, it's a set of symptoms to be mitigated, which may not even share an underlying cause.

Magnesium has been shown to help, but not much, and Wellbutrin, an anti depressent, and straterra, a prescription non stimulant. Anyway, Ask your fucking Dr, not adv.

It is indeed a deficiency of dopamine and nonepinephrin, and slowed function of the prefrontal cortex.. That's why stimulants are used.

Not only do diet and hydration help a lot, but you're right that symptom management is major. But stop there. You're way wrong about the rest. The medication helps a lot with distractibility and brain fog making individual symptom management easier.

2 things.
1. My older brother is a psychologist, so I'm pretty much just regurgitating what he said. He could be wrong, but I'm willing to trust him on this one.
2. I totally agree that meds help, I definitely feel "clearer" with them, but if op doesn't want to use them then really there's not much else he can do but eat right and sleep well.

Agreed 100% on 2.
I'd trust your borther over s random on the internet as well if I were you, but ya man, I have adhd, between psychologists psychiatrists and pouring over peer review journals, I assure you he's wrong about that one.

Either way drugs or not it doesn't change, gotta eat right and sleep well keep hydrated and manage every individual symptom. They do not cure sadly.

Well this blows, thanks for the replies at least Jow Forums.

You've got to get a hold of a teensy weensy bit of that weedle-dee-deed, boombadoop xD

Eat fucking vegetables. Stop jumping from shortcut to shortcut and work on your nutrition and your mental health.

Cannabis

Haven't missed a workout in a year, eating clean on a high protein diet, and get enough sleep, so that's not the problem.

>and your mental health

Different ADHD fag here.
The meds aren't a shortcut bruv. They give your brain a chemical baseline, then you have to manage every task of everyday life basically like you're trying to start going to the gym. Forming habits is almost impossible, miss a day on one thing and your entire routine is erased

The drugs don't do any of that shit for you but sweet god do they help a fuck tonne.

ADD/ADHD/Asperger's are just meme diseases to give faggots an excuse for being lazy and shitty people.

Kush

You're American huh...

OP, don't go on any drugs without a plan to get off them. The meds are a shortcut to you being able to do those things in life, but ultimately the goal is to be able to do those things without them. The long way is to do therapy, probably behavior mod, and stick with it. Drugs are your crutch until you can walk on your own. Only a drug addicted American would sign up voluntarily to be on drugs for the rest of his life.

I am not American. And my medication isn't a stimulant nor is it habit forming.

Also therapy and behaviour mod is still required even with the medication and it's still an extremely long road filled with accountability strategy and work.
You people act like we just pop pills and carry on pretending it's fine. We most certainly don't.

L-Tyrosine and a high protein diet. There are plenty of books out there.
Healing ADHD helped me but you might find something else helps more.

Iron deficiency worsens ADHD symptoms. Get a blood test to see if you're deficient. If so, take some supplements with juice and avoid milk/calcium for an hour or so. You're probably deficient if you menstruate.

New research also suggests that omega-3 fatty acids may help symptoms, as well.

Some people are able to change their lives enough to manage without symptoms. Other people have it too severely to do so. There is no shame staying on medication that helps you to live a better life, especially if things are significantly harder without them.

If you no longer need medication, that's awesome and you did a great job. But it's absolutely not the goal for some people and should be held as the ultimate goal. Get off of medication if you no longer need it. Stay on it if you do. it's that simple.

Fucking...
*should not be held

>therapy
>behavior modification

ADHD is an under-active frontal lobe. Therapy might help with coping skills, it might mitigate some of the depression that comes with the constant sense of failure tends to cooccur with executive functioning problems, but its not going to do what meds do. For a properly diagnosed patient (and I mean formal assessment with proper spread in a WAIS or similar measure, clear inattention on the CPT, and rating scales to demonstrate negative impact), ADHD is in the same category as Epilepsy, Bipolar I, and Schizophrenia: drugs are your first, best line of defense.

Man I nailed all the skills and coping and strats and went off meds.. don't get me wrong, I'm way better than I was sans medication before therapy, but it's definitely a hundred times harder.

Hopping in here because I'm fairly certain I have ADHD. It was "ruled out" when I was a kid, but I'm almost 30 now. I've done a lot of reading recently after more than one person suggested that it might be adhd, and the more I read, the more it makes sense. I blamed everything on my depression, but maybe it isn't just that. However, I'm afraid to go to a doctor because while I have insurance, I have to pay everything out of pocket until I bit my $2500 deductible, which means I might as well not have insurance. Last time I went to a doctor for anything, I was given Motrin and a $500 medical bill after being told they couldn't do anything.

It's been said here, and I'm one of the very much pro medication adhd fags.. meds are like half the battle. There is a lot of self management involved too. If access to medication really is that difficult for you I have two suggestions.

One: learn to deal. There's a channel called "how to ADHD" that's your best source.

Two: does your country not have any resources or assistance or free public services or grants for mental illness? I mean I've heard every legend there is about how shit your health Care is but surely there are programs thatll help you...?

>One: learn to deal. There's a channel called "how to ADHD" that's your best source.
I've been "dealing" with depression for literally my whole life. I've looked at the adhd help stuff, but I can tell you that I need outside help at this point. My apartment is a shithole, I'm lucky if I shower once a week (presently going on 2), I can't save money, I'm behind on rent, I can't get anything done, ect. I can somehow hold a job, though I hate working and the concept of a job, so I always do it poorly. Honestly, idk how I still have it.
>Two: does your country not have any resources or assistance or free public services or grants for mental illness? I mean I've heard every legend there is about how shit your health Care is but surely there are programs thatll help you...?
Murica is a fucking joke when it comes to mental health care. According to the government, I'm just a lazy sack of shit, but if I want to kill myself, I'll statistically fail, get locked up in a mental ward for a weekend and come out with a 5 figure debt.

I'm on vyvanse, it's an add/ADHD medication. It's way less addicting than concerta, adderall etc. The only side effects I get is a dry mouth and excessive thirst. First week you lose your appetite but it will be back.

I'd be ok losing my appetite for a week, honestly. Overeating is one of those things that gets me

Look vyvanse up, I'm on 30mg a day. It's still a drug but it's just a brain stimulant amphetamine. It's hardly altering at all, hardly addictive especially at that low of a dose. They recently approved it as a drug to treat binge eating disorder aswell because it decreases your appetite. Obviously taking drugs sucks, but I'm super sensitive usually and I'm fine with it.

im not even joking but get a juul

I'd have to go through the American healthcare system with shitty insurance, so I'm probably fucked

Attached: gif36.gif (300x300, 1.5M)

>drugs are your first, best line of defense.
Have you ever been told not to include conclusions that aren't evidenced by your research? Nobody disputed this either. ADHD drugs are a crutch and if you're going to be on them for the rest of your life you are seriously mentally ill. Tell me the percentage of people on ADHD medication who are in active therapy for the condition, dumb ass smart guy.

Unironically try meditating for 20mins every day. It's like a prefrontal lobe workout. Adderal might help at first.

Nicotine is a powerful nootropic. That being said, there are less expensive ways to vape right?