R8 my resume pls

R8 my resume pls

give me advice and tips too pls

Attached: ressssie.png (1366x764, 91K)

btw is it autistic that i put bonn university on there, saying that i "will" go there, before it has happened?

As somebody finishing mech e I’m impressed that you double majored in EE and physics and finished with a higher GPA than me

Only thing I can think is if you have any projects you did in class, what kind of jobs are you applying for? Did you have any notable design classes if you’re applying for an engineering job?

I'm currently applying for an intern, because I have 1 year left. So no real job yet, just the small tasks as an intern.

In that one year, Ill begin my senior design project. So I have time to fill out my resume some more.

I would say add a statement on who you are and what you're looking for in the beginning, and languages or hobbies at the end, it shows you're a well rounded person

wtf, adv legit told me to remove all that trash from my resume the other day. Said i should save that for a cover letter, and that i was a retard.

That's because you'll get a different answer from every HR manager, it's garbage but that's life for you. Condense everything into one page and good luck OP

idk how to even condense that. I could remove the classes, but the "additonal" forces it to be a second page.

Nah that's absolutely fine

I would consider removing the dollar general as work experience if you want to apply somewhere nice. You generally put only related work experience. Try to condense everything to one page. The layout and font can be minimized.

If you have any. You can list any leadership opportunities you've completed like in clubs.

Advanced Quantum field theory would be notable; Putting down quantum mechanics seems like you're trying to brag to me.

You want your resume to reflect what you can contribute, not what type of niche knowledge you have.

I'd say cut the classwork and the basic job. Then tighten up the spacing and you'll be close to a page. Leave the skills in. Will there be any papers coming out of that research project? Will your name be on it? If so, put that down as a pending publication, not just a research project.

Remove the huge header, make it tiny, play with the phrasing and overall sizing so it's all on one page. Your name and contact information aren't all that important. Being able to get it all on one page shows you are able to be efficient.

Use the same tenses across all your descriptions.

The advice you got the other day was right, to add auxiliary skills to your cover letter, but you should have description consisting of two or three short sentences at the start of this page.

Source: I write resumes for extra cash, and have to go through them occasionally for my job.

Most relevant things first. In your case your education is more relevant than your job experience since you have so little, so move education before work experience. Also start with "summary" which is 2-3 lines condensing who you are and what you are looking for.

You have to make it one page, always one page

>idk how to even condense that. I could remove the classes, but the "additonal" forces it to be a second page.
Here you go.

Attached: anon-design.png (579x752, 104K)

No, don't split it like that. Ugly. Just let it flow onto two pages, it's not as bad as squeezing it all forcefully.

Well, I disagree that's it ugly. Nothing wrong with a two-column resume.

Shrink it so it fits one page. There is a lot of wasted space there. Notable classes section is useless.

I was berated many times for my summary and hobbies on here when I had another thread. I really don't know who to trust.

I also ended up reverting back to a word template, and it does not suggest a summary or hobbies.

I was told to add notable classes I've taken since I'm still currently in school.

BTW

I applied to an avionics company for an intern, and its been about a week and havent got a call back.

How long should i wait until i call and check up on my application?

Don't put your GPA on it. It makes you look like a keener, and they will ask for it if they care.

>keener
dont listen to this guy, thats probably the dumbest thing ive ever heard
If you have a good GPA show it

It doesn't matter how good your resume is, as long as it's not terrible. The truth is you're gonna have to know someone on the inside to get a job.

I think it’s great desu. Excellent formatting, amazing stats. Don’t stress bro that resume is gonna kill.