Should I disown my sister, Jow Forums?

Should I disown my sister, Jow Forums?

Background: my sister doesn't respect me or our relationship as much as I do and historically that's always been the case. She's four years older than me. She's a normalfag, I'm a weirdo shut-in who has been hospitalized for legitimate suicide attempts. She's only been there for me when it was convenient for her.

Meanwhile, I was the one who told her about twitch streaming and did all the work to set up her channel and now she pays all her bills by being a twitch thot. She makes a lot of money and I've seen nothing of it. I'm not saying I deserve a significant portion of it, but without me she literally would not only be doing it in the first place, but she wouldn't be as successful as she is. I'm currently broke and basically unemployable because of my mental issues. She, on the other hand: didn't come visit me for christmas, didn't remember my birthday, and has said some really hurtful things to me in the past that she ended up apologizing for, but how sincere she was I don't know.

She makes me miserable. Our lack of relationship hurts me more than it hurts her and that really bothers me. She's a normie who has a life, who has tons of people around her to support her emotionally, the world essentially revolves around her like it does for every decent looking white woman. I have nothing, no one. All I've ever had has been her, for better or for worse. I'm tempted to unload on her and tell her all the horrible shit I've been holding in for years and all the rage and frustration she's given me, but at the same time I know that I'll be cutting out the one person I speak with, even if it's infrequent and often disappointing.

Attached: 1546318607248.jpg (540x446, 54K)

If she's not behaving as a family member, then you don't need to help her any more.

If you really don't like her, you could take her to court, and personally, I would. You did the work setting up her channel, and she hasn't given you a dime. It's a small claims issue. You should be able to get a portion of the income, or a lump sum at least.

You can tell her, but she does not owe you shit from her money though, do not bring that up, and you have no claim in court to it unless she said she was going to give you a percentage. I wouldn't cut ties since you have your whole life ahead of you, and she doesn't sound that bad. She's living her life, you need to live yours too.

She could've heard about twitch from anyone later.

You are her brother not her pimp

So... I don't know about the twitch thing.

But the unload on her thing I can speak to.

>Honesty
Sounds good - you hold things in forever and then just let it all fly and hope it hurts the other person enough for them to change who they are where you don't have all the built up resentment.

Nope. That's not honesty. That's emotional bombing. You don't get to be honest only when it suits you to be honest, and you don't get to be honest only when you feel you've been pushed into a corner. That's immature, self destructive behavior that is tuned to hurt other people.

So instead of blaming her for your lack of ability to let her know honestly how you feel for however long you've been keeping it from her, the responsible thing is to be vulnerable, tactful, and approach the situation with mature integrity.

It's not her fault you're suicidal. It just isn't. It's also not her fault you feel the way you do about the relationship you two have. How you internally feel is inherently your responsibility.

So, if you're unhappy with your relationship with her, it's on YOU to work to build a relationship you would be happy with, honestly, with her. If she refuses, that's her decision, but it's only an actual refusal to have a relationship with you if she knows *actually* how you feel without you blowing up on her and trying to hurt her.

I have no plan on suing her. I don't want anything for myself but I live with our mom and she's getting old and sick and we struggle financially. My sister has never helped out once. I don't feel entitled to any money, but I do feel entitled to some acknowledgement that I helped her out a lot.

>and she doesn't sound that bad.

I was actually kind of generous in my brief description of her. More and more I'm accepting that she has a kind of narcissistic disorder.

I don't know. She didn't even like video games before this. She always looked down on me for playing them, then suddenly she's a hardcore nerd who loves them.

No shit? But considering she was a waitress and a stripper before she learned how to con twitch simps out of their money, the idea of her having a pimp isn't unbelievable.

Knew it was dumb to come here for earnest advice. Sounds like you're projecting a lot of shit onto me because you're making up your own version of events. But I appreciate the post anyways. I can't get mad at you for not knowing the relationship in question or about how I have told her this stuff before, since I did not provide those details. But your reaction here is very telling that you may have some resentment yourself brewing about someone you know personally? You've inferred a lot that simply isn't true and I don't see how you can get certain conclusions you've made from my original post.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Been ruminating on this for hours now and I think I need to just tell her how I feel and gauge her response from there. I'm giving her an ultimatum to change or else she's not allowed in this house anymore, and barred from speaking to me for the foreseeable future. It sucks but I have to stand my ground and relationships aren't one way streets.

Well if she's a narc, you could reveal something really shady about her to her fanbase to get back at her.

I think the biggest crime is not helping your mom in her case. She's not going to care about your ultimatum

You just sound like you're scared of the future and jealous she's making money online, while you're doing basically nothing. This is a personal problem for you, not her. You deserve nothing in this situation.

If you can type this tripe up, you can get a job.

> you could reveal something really shady about her to her fanbase to get back at her.

I could, but I'm not that petty. I don't want her to lose anything. I don't hate her, just hate how she disrespects and mistreats our family/me.

>I think the biggest crime is not helping your mom in her case.

Right. And I should have included that in my OP. I'm in my early 20s, with physical and mental disabilities, and I'm tasked with basically looking after our mom/the house. Every month is a struggle for us. My mom's been really forgiving and good to her as well.

>She's not going to care about your ultimatum

Probably. But at least it's one less head ache. Honestly, I'm already feeling a sense of relief. It'll be nice to move on and stop giving a shit about all this.

i'm not OP but you sound like such a cuck/cunt.

OP, disown her. She sounds like fucking trash. Toxic family members should be shut out. She hasn't been holding up her end of the bargain of being a sibling/daughter it sounds like. People are too forgiving of toxic, selfish people.

I had a terrible brother and only wish I had one who cared. You can't choose your family. If they aren't good for your wellbeing cut them out.

This. It sucks OP but sometimes it's the right choice. Maybe she'll change, but don't get your hopes up. Move on, put yourself out there and try to meet new people. I've been in your position, of not having anyone in your life to talk to or rely on. There's hope yet but it's going to be uncomfortable and you're going to be anxious but just have patience and try hard to keep your head up and most of all MOVE FORWARD. ALWAYS.

Sounds like my problem OP, well partially. If you don't mind can you tell me just a little bit of how she became a normie and you a shut in. I'm curious because it's practically how my life played out.

This is true, I don't want to tell my whole store with my family but I've seen the kind of shit some family members give others. In my case some of the fucked up shit that happened in my family involved customs that were never completely removed even when individuals left their country of origin. The worst thing about it is you don't really know what's going on when you're a kid but when you're old enough to understand these things, you awaken to the realization you've been living in a shitpile of a family.

She was born attractive. I was born ugly with a speech impediment. Years of bullying ensue, along with other abuses by adults. Then I became a shut-in depressive, in and out of therapy, and on and off medications. She never really struggled. Such is life.

Yes. Boomers and idiots will say family is everything but if someone isn't enriching your life and is in fact shitting on you cut the cancer out before they poison you from the inside out

but user, women can never do wrong and are always right. OP should stop being an abusive pissbaby and realize it's not her heckin' job to be a good family member?

I see, well the attractiveness aspect was never the problem between my sibling and myself. To give you an idea, we're both practically similarly attractive though I'd say she has some crucial facial feature I lack and I'm self conscious over them. I'm also seemingly more intelligent than she is, as of now she lacks any ambition to thrive in her life and being in her 30's she's running out of time. I'm slowly approaching that age range and I'm trying to get out and try new things. To do that I have to interact with people and I'm afraid to do so because I carry the label.

I'm the kind of guy that was never accustomed to having my personal space when I was a kid because for some reason my mom's side of the family had been accustomed to leech off from other family members for a very long time. Besides that, you're treated nicely by some people and as you grow older they change or you find out things they had against you that had nothing to do with you in the first place. Add to the fact you rarely had contact with people for various reasons that had nothing to do with you and you're basically setting yourself up to be disadvantaged in your life even if you had the advantage to begin with.

Tldr I'm a lot more ambitious than my sister, we're about the same in looks and yet she's the one with a social life because she didn't listen to certain people whereas I was the one that took in all of the abuse, I was manipulated into thinking a certain way since I was a kid, and had absolutely no one to guide me, most of what I know I know because I wanted to learn it. I owe my family nothing other than the shelter they provided. I'd say what crippled me the most was the fact I grew up thinking I was a weakling compared to other males my age and I never learned how to bring out my strength when I have to, I'm always steps behind.

/thread

If you're going around using the term "normie" I don't think you're in any position to disown anyone. It's not her fault that you choose to stay with your mom, and she certainly doesn\t owe you any money

>I was the one who told her about twitch streaming

this would have been a cool secret 10 years ago

give us the twitch link

>I'm a weirdo shut-in who has been hospitalized for legitimate suicide attempts
Consider the possibility that your perception of this relationship is incredibly flawed.

Shes your sister, stop being a bitch, there's no disowning.

Dude just because you told her about the twitch thing doesn't mean she owes you money, she could have heard it from just about anyone and with the internet being a thing it's likely she would've heard about it from somewhere.

Hold up so she used to do things like stripping, you serious?

No offense but you sound like a momma's boy from what I read from your post. Were you close to your mum, was she an important part of your life?

Even normies use the term "normie", retard. Lmao fuck off.

Right. Because attempting suicide 6 years ago means you can't accurately assess anything ever. And it was more of a comment on her attitude. When she was hospitalized because her ex-boyfriend beat the shit out of her, I drove two hours to see her in the hospital.

Evidently there is. People have been disowned for less. Most mental health professionals and family therapists agree with me and other anons ITT.

She literally wouldn't have started unless I told her she could make money from it. I also taught her how to stream, how to market her channel, because she's inept at computers/gaming/anything related to tech.

And again, I never said she OWES me any money, but she should voluntarily help my mom out.

>Hold up so she used to do things like stripping, you serious?

Yeah.

This.

Anyways, don't know why i'm bothering to reply. Just thought I'd hit refresh before I exit the thread for good. Was an unnecessary thread to make, I already knew what had to be done. Guess I was bored. Thanks to the non-troll anons and the anons who didn't have an axe to grind over their own shit.

Haven't read thread, but, I recommend just slowfading her out of your life till you don't talk anymore.

This is better than just straight up burning bridges, considering you have like, another 60 years on this planet. You don't know what could happen.

Regarding the money, I strongly disagree with you feeling resentful about her not doing anything with it for you. Feeling resentful about not receiving any sentiment of a thank you is reasonable though.

Lastly, think of your aging mum. Do you really want to give her the stress of having her two kids fighting, in her last years?

Your sister may deserve all you want to do to her, but I recommend being strategic, and also the bigger man.

Just my 2c. Good luck

Attached: E2D25D152C734811A7110DEBD84E6172.jpg (640x587, 38K)

So you're gonna disown your sister and make your mom stressed out and sad in the last years of her life just because you're upset that your sister became a gamer girl. Good for you buddy.

You said you're ugly but even unattractive guys have a high self esteem, it's all in your head OP. Also, you said you have a speech impediment, do you get nervous easily and stutter, are you anxious? I want to give you another point of view to help you dig yourself out of the fucking hole you're in OP, it's a hole you made yourself.

Family members are not automatically entitled to love and respect unless they give it first. It's give and take. Your sister has done too much taking and not enough giving. Disregard her from now on. Not worth the heart ache. I've been in this almost exact same position. You'll be better off. And don't listen to the morons ITT who are deliberately ignoring certain details of your situation because they're either women, pieces of shit themselves, or weird whiteknight dudes who constantly shit on other guys online.

>before she learned how
so, as a brother you help your sister secure a job doing whatever. you think you should get paid part of her check forever?

That's literally not what he's been saying though. Read.

>That's literally not what he's been saying though. Read.

Well it is literally one of the first things he posted and obviously one of the biggest points of contention.

>She's a normie who has a life, who has tons of people around her to support her emotionally, the world essentially revolves around her like it does for every decent looking white woman.

Oh yeah wow what a piece of shit, no one should be allowed to have friends and be a normie. Everyone should be a raging basement dwelling incel.

He's literally said he wants her to help out with his mom, THEIR mom. Lmao you're a piece of shit. Is that why you identify with OP's selfish cunt sister?

>Oh yeah wow what a piece of shit, no one should be allowed to have friends and be a normie. Everyone should be a raging basement dwelling incel.

Literally not what he said or implied either. You're just as an obsessed nutcase as the incels you hate, who make up any reason to hate on women.

You're trash. Why are you even on Jow Forums?

>Literally not what he said or implied either.

He resents her for having friends and a life. He literally said

>She's a normie who has a life, who has tons of people around her to support her emotionally, the world essentially revolves around her like it does for every decent looking white woman. I have nothing, no one.

That's envy and resentment.

He also wants her money

>Meanwhile, I was the one who told her about twitch streaming and did all the work to set up her channel and now she pays all her bills by being a twitch thot. She makes a lot of money and I've seen nothing of it. I'm not saying I deserve a significant portion of it, but

but nothing.

>He's literally said he wants her to help out with his mom, THEIR mom

It's bullshit. He wants her money, he wants her life. He's not helping out their mom himself, he says "oh uh oh no who will help me take care of our mother which is again pure bullshit.

SHE'S the one supporting him. He doesn't have a job himself and he's a burden by living with his mother and eating her food and using her electricity and heating and internet and everything.

who hurt you, dude? Jesus christ. Your version of reality seems so off. Forget OP, what resentment are YOU carrying around?

guess your right