Bullshit Degree Recovery Thread

Bullshit Degree Recovery Thread

Let's discuss method's one can take in one's life in order to gain a livable wage job with a bullshit degree that one's parents thought would be worth it.

I'm 30 and work at a Grocery store at $11/hr.

Attached: college-of-bullshit.jpg (720x549, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGBwqYp4Oxc&t=25s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's your degree

gender studies :(

tech companies LOVE hiring psycho liberal women. get an A+ certification and enjoy your silicon valley tech-startup jobs for life.

tfw fell for the mathematics meme

Attached: 5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7.png (1092x1037, 27K)

Hahaha

Math degree looks nice on a resume, try to get entry level insurance work like adjusting

I'll bite. I've heard about people with gender studies degree working in HR and actually being pretty good at that (never met one irl, but that's probably because there is no gender studies degree in my country).

I nearly went into one of those for-profit private "'college" whose diplomas aren't recognize anywhere and it costs like 50 000$ a year. I was about to go into Network Administration until I did 2 seconds of googling and found all the horror stories. Also when I went to their orientation not-quite-first-day-of-school day it was like 90% dudes who were there for their video game design program.

I got a CS degree and it's still hard to get a job with it. I'm making like 14 dollars an hour lmfao. I have to go through this whole fucking web dev online course now to learn actual applicable skills because apparently you HAVE to do a fucking insurance during college and have projects, or you're fucked.

fuc

>ecology and evolution degree
>mfw I have a few years of lab experience but only as a tech
>mfw not published before graduation
>mfw sub 3.0 GPA

I basically have a lot of fieldwork experience but employers want experience in clinical labs. I've been unemployed for a few months now, but I need a job by the end of the month. Looking at jobs with high school diploma requirements.

>TFW unemployed with a chemical engineering degree

Starting grad school in spring; I hate my life so much.

what the fuck should I do if I blew my chances to take physics? Because now I have zero chance to get a legitimate STEM degree. Granted the only reason why I'm in college is because the major airlines won't take me in even if I have an ATP

Attached: pissed angel.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Bruh why was your GPA so low... That's on you mate.

I just graduated with an environmental science b.s. had a phone interview for a 45k salary job. Not sure if I want it or not. I want to get a master's in something profitable. Geologists make fucking bank and I had no idea.

If you got big cajones you can always try selling cars. One of the last 'careers' a young male can get into that doesn't require 4 years of paid brainwashing. I've been doing it 4 years and was able to give myself a raise each year. I made $55k last year, health and dental, 401k match. I actually never graduated but I paid off a $15k student loan I had. Hopefully I can get into the finance side of things and make $90-150k depending on performance and store. Managers make $150-250k.

I failed three classes one semester, retook two of them twice and got a C in each. I didn't retake one of them (orgo) because I doubt I would pass and didn't wind up needing it for my major. I think I also have a D somewhere in there.

I've always been bad at math. It's sad because I turned around my grades in the middle of college and basically only got A's and B's after, but the damage was already done.

OP here. Interdisciplinary Arts and Performance.

No no, while I did take a Gender Studies and Anthropology Course, I didn't major in any of that.

I wanted to be cartoonist. An animator. An illustrator. That kind of thing. I wanted to go to the Art Institute and get good.

Parents put me through this weird fine arts(?) major thing. Listened to a lot of professors talk about "color" "texture" and what not.

It was kinda like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=iGBwqYp4Oxc&t=25s

Looking back, it felt like the school was all about talking about something, rather than showing something or experiencing something, or most importantly, teaching something. Like how to use your programing features in Flash like actionscript, or learning how to make 3D art with blender. Stuff I could have actually learned and needed to learn in order to get into what I was actually into.

Instead I got lectures on the Dada movement and the Futurist movement, and even hearing and reading into such movements left me with a almost nihilistic and pessimistic view on life. And yeah, there were all about talking about something, like always talked about Samuel Beckett and Waiting for Godot, but they never showed us the plays.

Tl;Dr Encyclopedia Dramatica and Confused Matthew were better teachers on writing and art than my lousy college major. At least with a lousy trade school education I could make money off of comissions and I would be somewhat happy. Now, I.m a failure who works as a grocery cashier. But, that's why Im here. I need a way out. A way to make my life better, and ensure my future like my parents oh so thought they were doing.

Wtf do I do with a polisci degree?

Which is better? Quantitative finance or economics?

You mean internship? No you don't.

What country are you from?

People aren't trying hard enough if they can't get a good job with a degree. How many places have you applied to? It's a big world out there.

Your question means nothing. Some colleges have better degrees than others. We don't know what your program is like.

there are jobs that require just any bachelors degree. Google it.

Aside from that, there's a clear level of jobs above grocery store that don't even require schooling. Construction, etc.

so sad when people blame their degrees for their lack of success

OP here.
Yeah, it's sad, pathetic even, but an absolutely valid complaint on their behalf and mine.

I never did drugs, I never drank or smoke. I stayed in school. I studied. I got straight A's.

Then I went to college, and after 4 years of commuting, and sitting down for obscurantist lectures on Marcell Duchamp and Samuel Beckett, I gained 50 pounds and I graduated. I couldn't find a single place to hire me. And any place that did hire me would only let me work part time, and I could not choose my schedule. As a result I can barely afford a quarter of the things my parent could afford, and my friends want me to miraculously pool in enough dough to buy a house and move in with them. (They are on hard times too, they also work grocery store jobs, but they are a lot more social and less ass burgery than me). All because of my stupid ASSpergers, delusional parents and even more delusional school system. Keep in mind, I went to a state college. So my useless major, and useless degree was paid with your tax money. Infuriatingly enough.

I'm a fat 30 year old waste of life loser who lives with his parents. Yeah, I bet you wish you were me! Aren't I cool? Honestly, if I were still an atheist, I'd give away all belongings to someone more worthy than me, and then I'd kill myself...
Thank God I'm a Christian! Thank you God for I am a Christian! Praise the Lord for giving us meaning!

Tl;Dr
My useless degree is something more worthy to complain about, than Andrew Dobson complaining about his "oh-so-terrible" art & animation classes. At least his classes taught him something, and gave him an ability to draw that makes me envious.

Attached: tools-of-the-trade.jpg (800x623, 362K)

My brother's girlfriend had a gender studies degree.

First job out of college, she worked for a hedge fund doing market research and made a lot of money.

Ironically, she eventually decided she wanted to go back and get her Master's so she could teach instead.

Gender studies is still gay and a bad recommendation. She got lucky, probably because she was hot.

Programming Diploma here. How fucked am I?

I never did college. Fucking hate my current job. I'm praying I will get a new job before march begins. I just went on an interview and thought I basically had the job, but I didn't hear back yet.
It pisses me off a lot of jobs I apply to don't give me a chance and just keep taking more applications.

You need at least a bachelor's to be considered a human being user. This is rule #1 of life.
>you think I'm kidding

But there are shit loads of vacancies in manual labor and trades.
I fucking had a phone screening for some warehouse shit, they asked me if I had experience. I said no cause how important is it? I'm sure they aren't going to bring me in for an interview. Its bullshit. How fucking hard is it to move shit around in a warehouse?

all I want is like $15 an hour and 40+ hours a week.

btw I do work in a warehouse and have for 4 years, I just don't have experience in picking/packing or a company in production.

I'd say maybe 6/10. On the pretty side but not hot.

It's more that she was confident and attentive going in. She's bubbly and personable without being off-putting, while also being pretty smart.

A good interview will do a lot more for you than a "better" degree unless that degree is explicitly required for the job.

I decided to go to a trade school. I’ve learned a lot more in a few weeks than I ever did in college. Mind I don’t blame anyone but myself for getting the degree I did.

If you want above minimum wage you need seniority or some kind of education.
>or some special skill

Criminal Justice..

In all honesty, do people not research if their major will provide steady work and job security in the future? You're paying for a degree so you'll have a career, and meme degrees will put your ass on the street. It doesn't make any sense.

Attached: 1507137832965.jpg (229x221, 10K)

Law School

People tell you to follow your passion, and forget to append "unless it means you go 200k in debt to not end up with a job where you'll pay it off before you die".

>comic says he only uses the fill bucket
>copy and paste is clearly also used
Why does he lie to us?

This. I remember being in highschool and teachers would actively argue with me when I mentioned that I was interested in making music, but added that I wasn't seriously considering it as a career path, as the chances of finding real success in the art industry are much lower than in practical fields. The western world truly is fucked.

Can someone please advise a social work major? I feel ambivalent about CPS work (my current job) but I fear it's my only viable option in this field, I honest to God dunno what I can do outside of this job w/ this degree. I'm not licensed cause that's stupid at the bachelor's level. I'm going for a master's this year but failing that, I'm fucked.

Attached: 1441691993020.jpg (399x464, 52K)