Born into Islamic family

>born into Islamic family
>really retard backwards beliefs they have (throwing food and shit and weddings)
>I became pretty much westernized, went to white schools (am athiest also)
>nobody in my family ever left and are all aboard the Islam train
>nobody knows im athiest
>have to sit in agony attending retarded religious events my whole life (22 now)
>parents expect me to work and give substantial amounts of my income to them because "we raised you"
>am currently in a, majority white, university about to graduate from stem major.
>deciding to move out after and cut all contact with family

Is this the only way I can live without these idiots trying to ruin my life?
Anyone share this feel?

Attached: 1543992982476.jpg (928x825, 52K)

Sounds more like you're from a Pakistani culture than Islamic.

Yes. the only way I could get away was to take a job 600 miles away. I remained in sporadic contact and did send a stipend but it was small and I determined how much it was but I never gave any personal information to them again on what I was doing in my life and with whom I associated.

Ex-Muslim here. I understand that feel.

One small thing, both parents are at deaths door. Probably going to kick the bucket soon. They're banking on going to heaven because grandfather was hafeez.

I don't think I want to tell them because I wonder how it would affect them.

Should I just move and act like everything is okay?

Just cut them out of your life, user. Cease contact.

being atheist is a big no-no for most of the Muslim world, just be grateful you're now getting stoned to death OP
no need to ghost your family, just try to get into it, with enough effort you can brainwash yourself to believe anything man

I understand since they are near death and totally disappearing may not be best but you can accept a job as far away as possible and use that as your legitimate excuse. Still do not tell them anything about your personal life or beliefs. They pass, you come to the funeral and then you disappear for good and join the rest of the world.

You are kuffar. You have strayed away from the righteous path. You have never been a true muslim.

Attached: B1460F2A-0B0D-4BAE-B168-E084833FBF72.jpg (467x350, 21K)

Like this but left my parents because they can't force me to give them anything anyway.

Please take care of yourself, islamic families can do very brutal things out of religious beliefs. I know about a girl, who converted to christianity and ended up getting acid poured over her face. I don't mean to scare you, but please be on your guard. Best of luck!

Not a muslim but my grandparents are very religious (Christian). I remember how fucking weird it was to pray at the table before eating. Literally made me feel uncomfortable because it made me feel a little tense.

I love them though, they're great.

Op is a guy you retard.

LOL at OPs life.

>Be Muslim in a Muslim family
>Family never forced anything on me or my siblings, turned out good Muslims
>Never got shit for having girlfriends
>Get a job, parents insist on me saving my money instead of giving it to them so that my dad doesn't have to work anymore, but he wants me to save for my future

Your family is shit and delusional.

>went from Muslim to Athiest
>Throwing food at weddings is weird
Nothing changed then. In white christian societies it's customary to throw rice in the air. You sound like a persnickety autist desu

>Praying before meals made you nervous
>OP stopped being a Muslim because of people throwing food at weddings
You literally can't prove to me that athiesm has no correlation with autism

Do it OP, you can do it

It didn't make me nervous, I just thought it was weird. Like just eat the fucking food lol

Autism, you're that kid at lunch time who doesn't understand why people are throwing food at each other and laughing aren't you

Just do it. That's the only possibility for you, to be free from them. Good luck.

No idea what "Islamic" practice throwing food at a wedding is, if anything it's a sin to waste even a grain of rice.

So because I'm not religious, I'm autistic? That doesn't make any sense. The only scenario I can think of at the moment, where you'd throw food at other people while laughing, is when you're immature or mentally disabled.

I'm in America and in a very similar situation