Alcoholic advice

Hey guys, I’ve been heavily drinking for the past 2-3 years, usually go through a 750ml bottle a day.
It’s gotten so bad that I get the shakes and I wake up throwing up every morning. I’m usually drinking or have drank by 10am.
And it doesn’t help that I’m laid off work until February so I just sit at home and get drunk. But even when I am at work I have to carry alcohol with me (no flask, weird but I use a 4oz bottle of hand sanitizer and fill it with vodka and sip on it while working.

I don’t wanna go to rehab, I don’t have the time or money but I don’t wanna continue doing this.
Anyone else an alcoholic and have advice for getting off booze or anyone who’s been to rehab for alcohol, what thing do or did they do to help?

Thanks guys

Attached: D585697A-1AD4-41E9-976C-76CBFFE961DA.jpg (2714x1811, 366K)

Go to doctor and have your liver checked. Maybe after you will hear how many years you have left from person who have degree in this can make you chanhe your mind about rehab.

But i dont blame you. Many "adults" pick alcohol as slow suicide method.

Attached: bee yourself.jpg (1260x1260, 344K)

We'll some may say I'm an alcoholic. I don't believe in that shit. I have control of my out of control drinking because I am not susceptible to the brainwashing society is trying to implement on me. I have used alcohol to get through several major surgeries and the "depression" (also a bullshit word) that comes with poor health. You can control it and it may take some practice but that doesn't mean you are a failure, it just means that you are improving.

If I were you, I’d go to a medical rehab program. They’re very no-bullshit. Try to go to the best one in your area, like a University hospital.

They should assign you to a nurse, or even a psychiatrist, who can make your withdrawal much, much easier. Then, they should try to figure out if there’s any underlying psychological reason you’re drinking besides addiction and boredom. If you drink due to some underlying psychological condition, therapy would be the responsible thing to do.

Those expensive vacation rehabs and tweleve-step programs might float some peoples’ boats, but they’re not necessary. If anything, figuring out what’s important to you and proceeding with that is the best course of action, after getting sober.

alcohol is poison, there is nothing redeeming about it, that is why the government allows it to be so easily accessible. Stop lying to yourself and develop a modicum of self control.

I didn’t pick it as a suicide method, if you knew me IRL you would know I’m very opposite of suicide, honestly never thought about killing myself, I think it’s for cowards.
But idk it may be the only choice for me honestly, is a liver test just like a piss test or something? Or blood test?
But doing tests and shit makes me wonder what else they will find wrong with me and make me more inclined to get fucked up.

I control myself very well, I’m usually buzzed and sometimes drunk at my job (it’s a chill as fuck job) I just don’t wanna die before I’m 40

If you're at the point where you're having the DTs you have two options: a terrible, white knuckle, cold turkey hellscape or a slightly less terrible medical detox followed by a 30 day rehab. You're not working at the moment, so you have the time for either.

While you're figuring that out, you need to go to the doctor immediately. You are almost certainly already experiencing liver damage, there are likely considerable cardiovascular effects building, and you probably are already experiencing the kind of thiamine deficiency that leads to Korsakoff Syndrome and Wernicke encephalopathy. Korsakoff-Wernicke is permanent, irreversible, and without regular blood work you have absolutely no way of predicting when you're going to fall off that cliff. There are fates worse than death and you're flirting with one right now.

Go to the doctor, get sober.

Also, 12-Step programs for alcoholism have a lower rate of success than no treatment. Maybe they'll help for the first 90 days, but spending your time around chain smoking drunks while telling war stories and barking about how eating Bananas Foster counts as a relapse is about as likely to maintain your sobriety as becoming a bartender.

Thanks for the advice user.

I wouldn’t mind doing something like that, I don’t wanna go to some fancy fucking place even though my mom or dad would pay for it (I’m 30) they’ve noticed and have seen me drink.

It’s addiction and boredom and I don’t like being sober lol I mean I’m fine sober but take a few shots and I have that liquid courage and that feel good mood, I feel good and happy sober but obviously getting altered is different and funner for most people.

>who can make your withdrawal much, much easier

Thats not always the wisest course. Medication can be great for controlling cravings, but withdrawal should be unpleasant. You want the patient to remember the experience.

I already stated that I have self control. This ain't about me. You speak from a one sided experience and I would rather your efforts be focused on helping the OP or using what knowledge that you do have to benefit others instead of criticizing them. I have my shit together and self medicate in many ways. I have outlived doctors estimate by ten years and have been bringing home the kosher bacon and plenty of it, the whole time.

Look, you've demonstrated that you lack the self control to utilize that liquid courage appropriately. Now you're gambling with a condition that requires long-term care. You have four options:

>stop drinking
Go to rehab, deal with the bullshit. Your life will get back to whatever normal is for you and you'll have to deal with whatever sober feels like.
>slow down
Now you can add a fun cycle of partial recovery and relapse to your routine! Long-term prizes include chronic liver disease and type II diabetes.
>Maintain
At some point you're going to have brain damage that looks a lot like Alzheimers.
>Speed up.
Maybe you can pop your liver before the brain goes.

Be honest with yourself and pick one

>I already stated that I have self control
Yeah? I've got a sixteen inch dick and a bank account so fat that if my wife left me and took half I'd still be sittin' on commas.

Thanks user, I needed a post like that.
I’d consider a doctor but I would never ever go to AA/NA.
I’ve experienced heroin (IV) withdrawals which sucked fucking BBC, idk if alcohol ones will be similar.
I hate puking and I hate the shakes the most, with drinking anyways.
(Restless leg syndrome and stomach pains and sweating so much I ruined a $2k bed were the worse symptoms)
But I’m afraid honestly to get off, because with heroin, I had one dealer who lived 1hr away and they were shitty, some days or weeks they had some and some they didn’t have shit and wouldn’t give me another connect, so it’s like I would get high for a few days and then withdrawal for a couple days, terrible cycle, so that somewhat helped me not have to worry about relapse as bad , but with alcohol, fuck there’s like 20 stores near me that have booze and idk if I have that self control if I say, had a shitty day and just wanted to get drunk.

>the myth of the heavy drinker who doesn’t suffer any serious consequences

Whatever, Carry Nation. Proving my point that you are brainwashed and let others tell you what you are.

I’ve considered a taper, like no hard booze and just drink a beer every few hours to help with W/D.
That’s my first option, second is rehab.
I have family who died of colon cancer and majority of my family (moms side) has gastric issues (all pretty minor) so idk if it’s from that or what.

I’ve only been puking every morning for the past like week, it’s happened before but usually it’s like one maybe two days of the week, but now it’s everyday.

But what I don’t get is, okay so it’s 12pm where I live, I woke up at 7am and puked on and off for a couple hours, once it settled, I’ve drinkin like I wanna say 5-6 shots?(I pour into a low ball glass and chug it usually so idk how many shots) and my stomach is fine and I don’t feel nauseous or anything, so not sure if it’s a W/D symptom or not.
But I know I’m slowly killing myself, I appreciate you’re advice though user, ty.

For some people, that may be true, but drinking from an improvised flask to avoid withdrawal at work isn’t great.

>i didnt pick it as suicide method
Your liver thinks otherwise. Go see doctor OP. You may be surprisee. Test is just taking sample of blood for the most part.

I’m heavily considering that move next.
I’m concerned that they will find cancer or some other shit and then make me depressed.
Sucks so bad because I was so healthy like 5 years ago, I rode my mountain bike 100~ miles a week every week(usually 15-16 miles a day, a rest day or two and usually a big(50~Miles) ride on Sundays (and on real trails, no paved shit so it was a lot of climbing hills to descend)
And last year I had a bad knee injury and couldn’t do shit without a bunch of effort (I live in a 3 story apartment building, top floor, no elevator) so I started drinking even more when that happened and I gained hella weight which pisses me off, but I know alcohol makes you gain weight.

>600mg of NAC twice a day (morning and lunch)
>measure the alcohol you drink and gradually decrease it to stave off withdrawal

the NAC is great for your liver and can actually repair liver damage (it's used in hospitals for tylenol overdosing that's how legit it is) and it's known to reduce cravings for in addictions.

Researching now! Thanks user, probably will order some after I look it up more.

You were healthy once, i dont see reason why wouldnt you get grip of your life again. If your joints are still fucked up, simply switch sport. Swimming is ideal even for cripples.

Consult
for how to stop obesity.

Not joints, I tore my meniscus (lateral) LCL and MCL, no surgery (should have but by the time it was “healed” I just finally got health insurance(fuck California) and never followed up.
Over a year and shit still cracks and pops every day.
I wanna get on my bike again but idk lack of motivation mostly.
Sad seeing a $4k bike sit in your room collecting dust and rust on the chain.

And I’m not like a fat fuck, I’m 6’1 240ish and I was like 185 when I was fit, gained hella weight after knee injury.

>taper

You don't have the self control for that. You'll just find little justifications for a shot here or an extra beer there until you're back to where you are now.

You're going to get sick. You're going to sweat. You're going to puke. You're going to have neurological symptoms. It will last longer than heroin but won't be quite as intense. Your biggest concern is hitting your head on the way down from a seizure which is why medical detox is your best bet.

Up to now your life has been built around avoiding discomfort. Time to nut up and meet it head on.

I've got a full bar in my house and close to 300 bottles aging in a cellar. Then again, I don't drink to the point of experiencing consequences. Just because I'm old enough to not have time for addict's bullshit doesn't mean I'm the kind of person who can only maintain a sense of control through abstinence. I lack your disease, thats all.

I did have some self control when I was getting off heroin, also with the help of my best friend/roommate. I would buy, say like a gram or so and then I would cut it into 7 semi-equal sizes and gave him all of them and told him to hide it and give me one a day, which did work my first time. 6 months later I was back on the shit(my neighbor gave me oxy and I missed the feeling) and I dove in head first.
I at least wanna try to taper, maybe first week a shot and a couple beers a day and then just beer and then non alcoholic beer, not sure yet I need to make a plan.
But if that fails I won’t have another choice but real help I guess..because I don’t wanna keep falling deeper down and end up hooked to a machine

Thats a risky road, especially since you relapsed with opioids and this is now your second substance abuse dance.

I understand, I didn’t think booze would be this rough, I don’t even know how it went from me and my roommate taking a shit every couple hours to drinking a bottle in 3-5 hours

What is your job?

I work as a traveling photographer