How do I get better at palm mutes? Mainly for playing punk rock

How do I get better at palm mutes? Mainly for playing punk rock.

I just can not do them properly, any tips?

Attached: download.jpg (392x128, 7K)

imagine being this much of a brainlet that you ask Jow Forums about this instead of watching one of the hundreds of tutorials on youtube

I don't have enough data plan for videos currently and won't in the next 4 days or so but thanks for bumping

Bumping

The best way to learn is to play along with a song which incorporates a lot of palm mutes. Try your best to recreate the sound perfectly, no matter what it takes and eventually refine it for comfort. The more you try and fight through the fuckups the better you will get. Always keep the rhythm even if you fuck it up, don't break your rhythm at any time.

Use the thicker underside of your hand, close to your wrist, like this.
>Inb4 I anchor with my pinky

Attached: IMG_20190115_152841_1.jpg (1080x881, 128K)

Imagine being this much of a fucking faggot

I'm scared of practicing the mistake and just completely fucking it up. My palm mutes stream just like I'm striking each muted string separately.
Wait. You're supposed to mute with the thick skin near the thumb? Not the skin bellow pinky?

Put a glob of peanut butter on your stroking hand. It'll make it easier to numb your strings a bit so you can get a very satisfying crescendo.

What? No, use your head. The underside of where I've circled in red.

Attached: 1547584368829.jpg (1080x881, 170K)

>I'm scared of practicing the mistake and just completely fucking it up. My palm mutes stream just like I'm striking each muted string separately.
It comes with practice. My palm mutes sounded like dogshit when I started, and I was unsure of the sound myself. But over time you get a better ear for the sound.

John Petrucci is your man.

Oh wait punk, then dont practise.

Yeah that's what I have been doing, I thought you meant the upper side for some reason.
They are either too muted or too unmuted and they aren't consistent at all.
Punk is the best genre

>They are either too muted or too unmuted and they aren't consistent at all
Keep practicing. It takes time.

Should my hand be at something like this or closer to the bridge?

Attached: Untitled.png (1152x648, 11K)

Your palm should be lightly touching where the strings meet the bridge. Pic related

Attached: 904E24B0-0137-4B07-AFB8-0603119FFEC1.jpg (250x188, 19K)

It should be pretty much touching the bridge.

You practice to the point where you have no friends

I don't think its something someone can show you explicitly. You gotta practice and it will just come to you

I'm already at that point.

That seems to be the general opinion, thanks.