How normal is it to cold approach women in places like the gym or coffee shops...

How normal is it to cold approach women in places like the gym or coffee shops? It's seems so unnatural and creepy to me. But I have no idea how else to meet women.

Attached: h5nas2o63l2y.jpg (787x1015, 114K)

I’m actually going to try this out this weekend. I don’t see the problem with it, it’s only as weird as you make it. People talk to each other in coffee shops all the time.

In a coffee shop it seems pretty normal, see someone reading and ask what it is, I like talking about books with people every now and then.

It is usually creepy, but you have to understand that women aren't consistent. Sometimes things that a girl finds creepy will work on her later. Sometimes shes moody and feels dejected or depressed and she'll fuck someone she normally wouldn't. You never know who, and you never know when. So it can pay off big time if you have the stomach for a lot of rejection.

It happens often in gyms. If she has headphones, don’t approach her though.

>Cold approaching
Yeah it works but don't be fucking creepy or obese or be a 'nice guy'

I hear people say "watch for the signs it's okay to approach" but they never tell you what those signs are, the gym seems like a bad place to try though since you'd have to actively interrupt what some one is doing to initiate conversation

it only works if you're attractive and have a good aura.
If you have both, women will give you the look and you'll notice. This is the license to approach, they're giving it to you with a smile.
If women don't seem to be interested in you or interested in talking to anybody, don't approach them you creep

How do I meet women as a nerdy slightly above average looking dude? I'm in Uni, and I don't want to join a club just to get laid. All my classes are math so it's 99% pajeets and Chinese people. What are my options here?

here’s some signs
>she keeps looking at you
>you smile and she reciprocates
>she doesn’t have earbuds or is otherwise not seriously occupied with something
>when you start a conversation she doesn’t act annoyed that you’re talking to her
None of these are telltale signs 100% of the time obviously. The only way to know for sure is to talk to her.

>>you smile and she reciprocates
I'm sure this one could be easy to make a mistake in, if I ever accidentally make eye contact with some one at the gym I kinda throw em the "acknowledgement nod" and maybe smile a bit with the motion. which now that I think about it might actually make me look like a fucking freakshow. Anyway the thought process was that could easily just be normal friendliness so obviously not a surefire sign

The problem is prowling just to score a date.

Ideally you would be considering all those signs together. If she smiles back, but also keeps looking your way, and doesn't have a "fuck off I'm busy" vibe, you could approach. If you keep seeing one girl around a lot at the gym, and have nodded to her a few times, even better.

>If you keep seeing one girl around a lot at the gym, and have nodded to her a few times, even better.
I'm not OP but I'll make a note of this because there is a girl in my gym who's thrown multiple "friendly nods" at me before. Dunno if I oughta go chasing tail but it might be smart to see if I can actually just be friendly based off that

Jesus fucking christ. STOP WITH THE PUA TERMINOLOGY

Just say Hi and talk. People like to talk. Everyone

Attached: romeo.jpg (314x339, 40K)

The problem is they're antisocial because they don't really like people for whatever reason, but they fail to realize a relationship is basically constant social exposure.

They want to bake the whole cake but they haven't even brought the ingredients, basically.

I'm not antisocial, just awkward and shy. I crave social interaction.

It’s not rocket science. Make eye contact and smile. If she smiles back and doesn’t look away, you’re free to engage.

No, see, this is the problem. You think the wrong way.

Approach a girl considering what to get from the vending machine, approach someone who seems to be contemplating what to do next, go for someone who looks like she is already internally talking to herself. Don't approach someone in full swing. After is best, it releases a lot of hormones that make most girls more susceptible to men it feels like.

>t. Girl who got successfully cold approaching while considering which drink to get

>Just say Hi and talk. People like to talk. Everyone
Not in Bongland they don't.

Good practice is to approach guys first. Not in a romantic way but things like
>hey nice shirt I also listen to that band
>are you reading book? I love that book
>please dress me like a girl fuck me in the ass

Clubs you fucking idiot. You didn‘t bring up a reason why you don‘t want to join them. You need to socialize and meet people. Other then that, you can meet college girls on events that are hosted at your uni.

No man, that shit is a lie that movies promote.

I thought that was a stereotype.

Pretty accurate one. If you live in an non northern urban area and are under 50, it is thought of as very strange and quite bad form to start a conversation with a stranger if you aren't both absolutely smashed at the time.

Sometimes I'd catch a girl staring at me and I'd just go full panic mode.

Attached: hriueaheh.jpg (500x281, 17K)

Good luck, most women think its creepy, they know your intentions

Never do this unless you know for CERTAIN you are attractive enough to pull this off
The world doesn't work this way anymore and in some countries this can lead to a harassment charge faster than you can say 'hi'

Okay, so you don't just walk up to girls, you wait for them to look at you and do a bunch of things before walking up to them. Why do people lie about shit like this and pretend they just walk up to strangers with no intro?
But that's the whole point, are we just supposed to lie to women that we aren't trying to get a date?

>Stop being a PUA
But you're being a "PUA" too, lying to women about your intentions. You pretend you want to say hi but you really want more.