My girlfriend called me out as a white collar bro who roleplays as an edgy rocker on the weekends...

My girlfriend called me out as a white collar bro who roleplays as an edgy rocker on the weekends. It was somewhat in jest but i could feel that resentment from her and it really cut deep and drove me to some existential thoughts.

Yeah yeah I have a great stable full time corporate job with room for advancement and I'm good at it ok cool the image of a desk worker is something I fucking despise. I don't want to become a fat middle management goofy beer dad when I'm 30-40.

I don't want to be a No Tattoo Suburban Prep School GoodBoy McStable but I'm doing the best I can with what I have to support myself financially and build savings etc.

"Having hobbies" and "dressing how I want on the weekends" is ultimately roleplay and nothing genuine. Getting muscular didn't help, I'm just a buff guy in a suit now. There's nothing real. Just distracting myself before I put on my khakis and glssses when Monday morning rolls up.

Should I just suck it up and own who I am and accept lifelong betadom? Im not living, I have 0 edge and my girlfriend can see right through this shit. She's not the first person to make remarks on how much of a dork I can be.

What should I do?

>In b4 shut up drink your beer and take your kids to Applebee's and be urself

Pic somewhat related

Attached: beard.jpg (625x625, 165K)

Just be yourself user

Die in a fire

instead of dressing up like something why don't you try just being something. It's not that hard

Start a band, dumbass.

I can't play anything nor can I sing. I'm not going to start learning something new at 27 just so some dude who's been doing this shit since age 5 can show me up and I'll never see the fruits of my labor or practice until I'm in my 40s, halfway to the grave, and at point my sex drive will be so low I might as well be dead or a woman

>why don't you try just being something. >It's not that hard

Whew

Betadom?
When did having a stable job, progressing every day and bettering yourself became beta and being cringe edglord alpha .

>When did having a stable job become beta

Are you serious?

It's that way to NPCs. They can't have complex identities.

Yeah, you sound like someone who would be better suited in a sweater vest.

>being this shook
my dude stop being a poser and start owning your weirdness, grow into a persona, you're late behind everyone else

Fuck you I hate what I am but I'm stuck in these golden cuffs and looking at my trajectory I'll be even more miserable as I age

>Yeah fuck yeah be yourself dude quit your job never pay rent never pay loans when the debt collectors come after your ass set traps for them Saw style and cut their heads off man fuck yeah be your own person

This is what everyone says I can't fucking take it anymore

Everybody wants to be gangster until it's time to do gangster shit.

what the fuck are you on about, I said grow into a persona, that doesn't mean you're not yourself at the end of the day, you just put on a socially likeable mask during the day

people will always realize when someone is bad at faking the funk, so either get better at your rockstar gimmick or drop it and be a normal human being, I mean damn if your reply is indicative of your irl thinking you're near to being a lost case, get your shit together user

Dress how you want you ittle bitch. If people think Caitlyn fucking Jenner of all people deserves praise for cutting his dick off and parading around in a dress being "who he is on the inside" forget about what your slut gf thinks. If you look good then you do you

just be yourself. If you're a boring cunt, then that's unrelated to your job. It's just who you are inside.

Embrace it or kill yourself.

>I'm not going to start learning something new at 27
you will have too. you have to stay growing. how about 33, six years from now, twenty from then, plateauing will only bring on the altzeimers. you will out grow some hobbies. likely get hit with depression. stay a bit social, go out once a week, or at least once a month. the void only grows as you age.

>don't want to be a No Tattoo Suburban Prep School GoodBoy McStable
What a fucking cringy faggot you are, your gf is right.

So you're proving my point, thanks

>guys like him still get gfs
life is truly cruel

Tfw you realize being a dead by 40 borderline homeless guitarist living out the back of your van selling drugs will get you more pussy and satisfaction than any doctor banker engineer accountant life path

Stop caring so much about having a defined identity and fitting into a stereotype. Be who you actually are, do what you like, enjoy yourself, and stop overthinking everything.
You're not 12, you don't need a group to fit in. Do you like rock and roll concerts? Go for them. Do you like your jonb? Do it. Do you like dressing in a certain way or working out? Do it.
You don't need to quit your job and go full hobo rocker, you don't need to drop music to become a suburban dad, you don't need to stop working out.
There's nothing more beta than constantly worrying about how other people judge you and about not fitting in.

user above is right. Get your shit together. Don't be something you are not. Embrace who you are and love it, dress and act however suits more comfortable and natural for you. Meditate and understand who you really are, and then be it. Don't waste your time trying to fit in a stereotype because it seems "cool", "rebel" or "edgy". Realize there are no stereotypes, just people doing, being or wearing things in common. You yourself can make your own genre: "I am user and I am my own being, I am unique (but not special)"

> Having hobbies
> Dressing like I want
> Doesn't help

What kind of help were you looking for? You have any idea how many pumped-up office-workers and public school teachers throw horns at heavy metal concerts?
Many!

You work so you can live, not the other way around, doing what you like and want in your freetime is totally up to you and you are not faking anything doing what you like, dressing like you want.

People ripping on you are just fucking jealous that you have your life together and still have the balls to be YOU

Faggot didn't even use the line form SLC Punk
>we can all do a hell of a lot more damage in the system than outside it
Ya blew it.

Anyways, yeah you can't always be a rocker, but that doesn't mean you can't always be an edgelord. I had a punk phase, slept on the street, did lots of drugs and alcohol, had a buzzed head and all. Now I'm 29 and I'm in the fucking real estate buiness. I'm still a total dick to everyone, and I think that's what matters most.

Attached: Untitled.png (1278x482, 1.09M)

>and still have the balls to be YOU

But his problem is that he clearly doesn't.

the worst thing you can do in response to your perceived betadom is to try to overcompensate by buying a motorcycle or milsurp/leather jacket or getting "peace good fortune" tattoo'd in japanese on your forearm. shit Jow Forums meme but literally >just bee urself, and accept the fact that your productive adult job isn't nearly as cool or honorable as spending years earning your badass card rotting away at an army base in Nebraska for less than minimum wage in order to secure the future of the Jewish people. the phrase "toxic masculinity" is a huge meme but it might actually apply if you're seriously concerned about this

or u could lease a dodge avenger to daily drive at 5mph under the posted speed limit so that your girlfriend knows you're a real man

So you've got two things here but that just means the latter has to be completely fake?

So your "existential" problem, your crisis, is that you are working a job and providing for yourself instead of acting like that shithead teenager "rebelling" by listening to his commercial music while living off his his parents that appears to have written all your posts?

>I'm not going to start learning something new at 27 just so some dude who's been doing this shit since age 5 can show me up and I'll never see the fruits of my labor or practice until I'm in my 40s, halfway to the grave,

Yeah, everything is OVER and there's nothing to do about it because you can't meet the horseshit filled ideas about life and masculinity of a highschool freshman from a sitcom who doesn't know shit about either.
"lifelong betadom? Im not living, I have 0 edge"

> i could feel that resentment from her
>I don't want to be a No Tattoo Suburban Prep School GoodBoy McStable
>halfway to the grave, and at point my sex drive will be so low I might as well be dead or a woman

>What should I do?
What you should is stop being such a faggot and drop your bullshit and your pretentiousness because the shocking truth is that people can have hobbies as well as a job at the same time.

Well at work is one thing, you cant base yourself off of your work identity cause you have almost no say in that.

>My girlfriend called me out as a white collar bro who roleplays as an edgy rocker on the weekends. It was somewhat in jest but i could feel that resentment from her and it really cut deep and drove me to some existential thoughts.

>"Having hobbies" and "dressing how I want on the weekends" is ultimately roleplay and nothing genuine. Getting muscular didn't help, I'm just a buff guy in a suit now. There's nothing real. Just distracting myself before I put on my khakis and glssses when Monday morning rolls up.
That’s really pathetic. So you actually think what she said is true? I think her “resentment” is really just your own insecurity. “Boring office drone” isn’t who you really are, it’s just a professional persona everybody puts on for work. The real you is the one on the weekends.

>by buying a motorcycle or milsurp/leather jacket

Already dropped half a grand on a black leather jacket for this very reason

>The real you is the one on the weekends.
>The real self is the identity you wear literally less than 2/7's of your time alive on Earth

Ok

>everything is OVER and there's nothing to do about it because you can't meet the horseshit filled ideas about life and masculinity of a highschool freshman from a sitcom who doesn't know shit about either.

And yet those burnout "faux rebels" are actively and regularly rewarded in pussy and adoration for their shitty deicsions.

Funny how life works

this guy has it right

in the end everyone is a goddamn trendy ass poser, your clothing and your job don't even start to define who you are

respect for your life path user, I'm a year younger and working in a fancy office but other than that yeah, same

>The real self is the identity you wear literally less than 2/7's of your time alive on Earth
Yes you retard. Time has nothing to do with it.

I reject that. If 5/7's of your life is spent being a sexless bitch you are effectively a sexless bitch up until your last day.

A slave who had one glimpse of freedom is still a slave at the end

rude

>My girlfriend called me out as a white collar bro who roleplays as an edgy rocker on the weekends
You're supposed to act professional at your job, it's part of what you're paid for.

>I don't want to become a fat middle management goofy beer dad when I'm 30-40.
Then don't be, workout and don't eat shitty fast food.

>doing the best I can with what I have to support myself financially and build savings etc
As you should be, debt is a bitch you really don't want in your life.

>What should I do?
Take inventory and weigh your lot.
Job security is dope but if it's making you miserable then you might look into doing something else. You also need to consider if it isn't something you're willing to just grind through so you can afford to do the things you want outside of work.
You need to also look at your current relationships with both your gf and your friends. It's problematic that they're antagonizing you for things that are perfectly healthy, namely your financial responsibility and good work ethic. Your lifestyles are at odds and they're not willing to accept that.
Lastly I think you should be yourself. Bear with me. Be the person you think most closely reflects the values that are important to you. This is the kind of shit you can't condense into a fashion accessory, you carry it with you in your mind and it comes out in how you interact with people in the world.

Attached: 1518417616156.jpg (600x385, 51K)

Your girlfriend is mad at you, goodness knows why but she's just lashing out
Imagine being the kind of person who uses another's trust to hurt them. That's her.

Literally this

Stop being so concerned with your identity and labels and just do what the fuck you want. Associating with subcultures is for children in high school. You're a grown ass man, act like it.

early signs of a break up or cheating if you ask me, if a girl speaks to/about you with that kind of contempt I'd be getting pretty worried because there's a tone of resentment in there that you don't measure up to her ideal image, and obviously she knows guys who do

Next her, she sounds toxic af. Just be you.

>walking wannabe edgelord with faggy tattoos stereotype

LMAO

This. I was with a girl who suddenly started making mean comments and generally being a cunt. Huge red flag. Next her.

>No Tattoo Suburban Prep School GoodBoy McStable
Heh.
I'm gonna take that one

OP you're obviously not happy with your situation, you are on the scenic route to depression and regret, and you've lost touch with your feelings. My advice is to shake something up in your life, HARD. I'm speaking from experience. Perhaps quit your job asap even if you're not ready and watch what happens to you.

You just sound normal to me. You work hard and then do what you feel comfortable doing on your off time.
>Im not living, I have 0 edge and my girlfriend can see right through this shit. She's not the first person to make remarks on how much of a dork I can be.
Lacking edge at your age isn't being "beta". There is more than one type of "dad", you know? Yeah, you have the bald and fat office worker who's just totally wholesome, but there's also the gruff, redneck, tough guy that teaches his kids skills and plays outside with them...and the sleazy businessman who's a terrible person but a great father.

You don't have anything to prove. If anything, you sound like your biggest problem is that you're running with women who are still really fucking immature. There's absolutely nothing about your kind of sweetness that should get contempt from her, and if it does, I hope for her sake that she's really young and has time to learn from her mistakes.

Motorcycle is fun as hell even for us betas though. Nobody knows who you are when you have the helmet on.
Probably would help op

It's fine if you don't try to project an image with it.
You're just a weird asshole trying to have a good time, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Attached: rocket ride.jpg (600x600, 163K)

I definitely recommend buying Japanese, by the way.
Harley's got their heads up their asses. No one ever thought "Man, I'm so glad I'm not driving as fast as I could be!"

This is like how my dad joined a 1% mororcycle club right before I went to college. He was like 55 and an electrical engineer who needed to feel his wild side.

You should break up with your girlfriend and quit your job and just start struggling. Once you struggle you'll realize how nice you had it and want it all back.

guy in the pic looks like a total poser.

Well if you'd roleplay as a faggot on the weekends instead, you'd pretty much already be there

Tell that to the roasties he's fucked

>anything, you sound like your biggest problem is that you're running with women who are still really fucking immature.

Women mature faster then they stop at age 16

>Should I just suck it up and own who I am and accept lifelong betadom?
Alpha and beta are stupid social constructs you dense faggot.
So what you want to do how you want to do it. Jesus Christ people can be stupid sometimes

Just be grateful that being your normal douche self has gotten you so far in life independent of any innate talent or smarts you might contain

shut up, drink your beer and take your kids to Applebees you fagbag

This is wrong. I've been homeless twice and I sometimes still want to drop all my shit and kick rocks on the street again. I hate this comfy life I'm living.

Do you know what trt is?

Holy shit man. I don't mean this how it may sound but I feel like uhh...I feel like maybe you have some unresolved emotions in your heart you need to examine. I'm concerned that such a light jab at you caused you so much anguish.

Dunno. He said it sounded like she resented him for it. I guess it depends on context. The jab is probably cute coming from a regular woman. If she's a part of that group, it's probably more serious.

Describing anyone's lifestyle choices as "roleplay" is a toxic level of identity politics.