Did your parents ever teach you to be confident and happy with yourself if so how?

Did your parents ever teach you to be confident and happy with yourself if so how?

Attached: 1547510677914.jpg (744x720, 39K)

If they did, they were bad parents. They are supposed to point out when you are a POS.

Nope.
Had only my mom til dad got out of prison when I was 10.
Mom was too emotional, taught stuff like be nice to others but nothing on confidence. Some stuff with accepting yourself but never really elaborated, like reading a title of a book only and expecting you to know it inside and out.
Dad didnt really teach me anything until I was an adult, at that point just figured it out for myself which is way harder.

I got raised by the internet

Attached: 1520158858817.jpg (517x557, 161K)

They taught me to involve myself with things

They tried, but I learned that you can only actually be confident in yourself if you're someone worthy of being confident in.

They never did

Attached: 5buoclfdbpyy.jpg (420x420, 20K)

I was raised by:

The best teachers ever

The best parents ever

The best family ever

The beat Gamer Clan ever (LG)

The best group o faggots I ever had the pleasure of talking to

I was rated 100/100 happy on the personality test posted

Nope, I was raised by my friends, which was not a good idea

Pfft, try video games and cartoons,faggot. My folks usually kept yelling at me, and probably the reason why my confidence is so shot.

Nope

Nope.

I actually thought about this the other day because somebody asked me what the best thing my parents taught me was, during this I realized they never taught me anything.

Only bad parents do that. Good parents are aware of how human emotions work and can drive a kid to happiness through infancy and highschool. Telling someone to "be happy" or "be confident" is as stupid as you can get. Being happy and confident is always a result. Only extremelly stupid parents give this advice though. Sadly most parents are stupid :(

No. They never learned how to do that for themselves.

This. Must be nice having parents.

Nope. Never happened. I had to learn it in my own the hard way.

My dad no, nothing.
The only thing my mother ever did was criticize me for being so serious or down on myself all the time.

I find confidence in myself when I am competitent I really do not care much for approval from others. I have really high expectations for myself and I do hate myself.

Nope. I just be happy and confident with myself and when i know if it is conflict with my advocacies i learn and i do some adjustments to gain my wants and needs,in time.

Attached: 2.gif (450x431, 2.75M)

No they destroyed everything and then society did too.

My parents taught me a lot of bullshit, when I say bullshit I mean an appreciation for the arts and how to cultivate an interest in living but forgot to teach essential skills.

I had to figure out for myself that you have to treat yourself like you actually like yourself.

no.
they just told me "nobody cares how you look" but then immediately got angry at me whenever i tried to dress up how i want and tell me "people will think you're retarded"

This. I often felt left out while going over to my friend's place and they would be having family time. I would later walk a mile home reflecting on how empty and dead my life was from a social supportive side from my parents.
>Never did much with my dad who worked 6 days a week
>Mom had depression and was constantly in bed hardly would talk for more then 10mins if that. Nothing meaningful
>Lived my childhood in front of the TV

Attached: Bobcat hauling.jpg (480x357, 78K)

I kinda feel this. I learned from my oarent but watching them as I grew up. Verbally they barely taught me anything

This, my dad never went to prison but I was raised by a moron who is also a social outcast her only answer for my problems has been pray, go for a walk and random stock psychology phrases, shes not from the country we stay in either so I basically would've been hopeless if it wasn't for my step father who was always at work or in bed...

got raised by teachers, receptionists, other people's parents, etc so I generally think of strangers as people who can become a part of my family now and it's both reassuring and nice to know so many people are my friends of acquaintances. As a kid I'd always know everyone

buuuuuuuuuuut it's a double edged sword. I've developed two different personalities through interacting with my parents. With my dad I'm basically hateful and submissive, and with my mom I'm ego driven and assertive. If people don't respond fast enough online it drives me crazy because I need other people. When I'm on public transport I feel the safest

or* not of

t. psychopath

I don't know user. Those things are learned throughtout your life according to yourself and the enviroment you are surrounded. Parents can't "teach" you how to "be confident" or "be happy" since they have their own meaning of these words.