My girlfriend said she think's I'm being overly controlling because I don't want her doing hard drugs or psychedelics...

My girlfriend said she think's I'm being overly controlling because I don't want her doing hard drugs or psychedelics, what's your take on that? I don't want her doing something that can harm her but it's something she really wants to try one day for who knows what reason, and I'm not sure I wanna stick around to see that day she fries her brain even if only temporarily. I've tried talking her out of the idea but it's something she just can't let go. I told her I'm fine with her smoking pot a few times a month and even trying LSD a few times (but thats it), despite that any drug abuse goes against my beliefs and I think it's a sign of a weak person trying to escape relality. She claims to love me but also says I'm "suffocating" her by not wanting her to mess with her own head like that. What do? I care for her a ton too but I don't think I can handle watching her passed out on the ground with a crackpipe filled with DMT by her side. Even if she did feel completely normal afterwards and was fine it just doesn't sit right with me. I don't know what to do. She doesn't even use any drugs now as weird as that might sound, but getting her to stop wanting is definitely out of the question.

Attached: sad_man_by_bigblow-d2xr4jy.jpg (900x766, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCn8V3KNSgDr1Dai77_y8JrQ/videos
poison.org/articles/2007-jun/are-morning-glories-poisonous
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have fundamentally different beliefs. Either find a means to make it work or seek a relationship elsewhere. If you're lucky she'll have a bad trip and be off the stuff. If you're not she'll enjoy it and you'll have to sot with the knowledge that you're in a relationship with someone you find weak-willed. Big oof.

This. But I was on the other side. It doesn't work out if you can't come to some agreement/peace. It basically is a trust/openness issue that will only eat away at the relationship.
Plus she'll obviously just do what she wants in the end and who knows what drugs she could potentially do without telling you. Then the rabbit hole only gets deeper. Not saying it will happen that way, but it's just not a healthy situation to begin with.

You should try ti with her user. LSD is amazing.

>don't want her doing something that can harm her

You post on Jow Forums and presumably also play video games which are way worse for your mental and physical health than some fuckin shrooms or whatever.

She says she wants to try it one day?
Or that she wants to make a habit out of it?

If she wants to try heroin, meth or fentanyl, tell her fuck no that shit is fucking crazy.

If she wants to try acid, MDMA, mushrooms or cocaine, honestly they're not THAT bad as one off things.

Try removing the stick from your ass. In fact, try it with her and probably proceed to have crazy sex.

I'm sober btw. But live a fucking little.

I have a friend whose wife will divorce him if she finds out hes done lsd. he wants him to sit inside and play with action figures all day.

I used to do tons of drugs, lsd, shrooms, dmt, ive done mdma around 300 times between 2011-2018 and i used to have such a bad coke habit id do it at work.

I started getting into ketamine late last year and had some really intense realizations while on it...decided to give up all drugs including weed for a bit. time to focus on improving my life. While I have many good memories of good times on drugs, at some point its detrimental. I'll save it for the rare occassion festival weekend now.

Nervous breakdowns have permanent negative effects. So if she “fries her brain”, not all of the effects will temporary.

You’re talking very serious about this woman, as though you would possibly marry her or something, yet say she does hard drugs. That’s the epitome of foolishness and setting oneself up for pain and failure.

Yes, some people do have reckless phases and then straighten out, but waiting around on the off chance they’ll straighten out so that you can marry them is a waste of your time on this Earth.

Straight forward answer I can't say I disagree with.

Yeah it really could just get worse if I don't let her have her way or don't just break things off. Can't say I'm happy with the situation either.
>psychedelics aren't bad for you the post
She wants to try it, use it somewhat regularly, say once every few months at least. Nothing harder than DMT but that's as hard as you can get psychedelic wise from my understanding.
>try removing the stick from your ass
I just don't see people who abuse drugs as dating material. I just can't. But I'd like to try and change that a little, maybe.
You sound like you're still a rational person despite using so much garbage, glad you're on a better path now. I'm worried it'll really fuck her up though, she's not really... she lacks self control or good judgement sometimes.
I really don't see a point in dating someone longer than a few months or a year or something like that if you don't think you two can ever get married. So yeah, I am serious about it.
She doesn't currently do hard drugs, but she wants to a few times at least in order to "find herself," and "get a different perspective" on life. Maybe you're right though, maybe I am just wasting my time.

My ex was like this. She had actually done a lot of drugs previously.
She manipulated me into doing drugs with her and I can't believe I fell for that. Doing those drugs made me feel like my soul was ripped out of my body and replaced with another one. In every sense I am a completely different person now. I've accepted that and I'm happy again, but for two years I felt numb.

I doubt you'll fall for that too, but do you want to be with a person that's willing to risk the same process happening to them potentially?
It was fucked up man, there was no guarantee that I was going to be happy again. I feel like I probably would have killed myself if another two years went by like that.

I'm not talking about weed by the way.

Hard power vs. soft power. Learn.

Hard power is telling your pet woman "no don't do drugs". This will make her wanntto do even more drugs and it adds to the edge and tabboo making it more exciting.

Soft power is taking her to a crackden and having her see toothless grannies suck people off for a hit. Or stress her out then give her shrooms so she has a terrifying trip and never does it again.

Get creative, manipulative and don't be afraid to play dirty. Hard no's never work with people unless you're willing to kill them if they get out of line.

Either she pulls you into her degeneracy with "please be a comprimising booboo you don't understand meee" or you become her second father and clean her shit up for her.

>if you're lucky she'll have a bad trip and be off the stuff
Wishing a bad trip on someone is pretty evil. My ex had a bad trip and had PTSD from it and has never been the same since, seriously that kind of stuff can absolutely fucking wreck a person.
Having an uncomfortable trip is different.
Anyway good advice, but damn don't say that!

>Wishing a bad trip on someone is pretty evil. My ex had a bad trip and had PTSD from it and has never been the same since, seriously that kind of stuff can absolutely fucking wreck a person.

If you're not willing to be the evil bad guy then you're a bitch who will get walked all over.

Contrary to what the basedboys say all relationships are about control and influence.

You can tell someone is an expert on relationships when he uses the term basedboy. Totally not a r9k refugee. Just a regular ladies men with absolutely no autism at all here folks.

What? I'm a girl. But i'm assuming this is you and yeah, you're fucking retarded.

>THIS MAKES ME FEEL BAD YOURE R9K
No women on the internet. Fuck off.

If it really is that compartmentalized, it might actually be alright. There are well-adjusted people who fuck with serious drugs on occasion because it satisfies their curiosity and widens their perspective on things.

Just prepare yourself for the possibility it could go wrong somehow, like with all things.

I personally couldn’t enjoy doing heroin or acid knowing someone in the distribution chain broke the law and fucked the lives of a bunch of people, and I think you can experience the world in a more hands-on kind of way instead of getting fucked up and stargazing, but if someone wants to do the whole hippie thing, that is their choice after all.

So, your girlfriend does have a point when she says that you can’t hold her reigns or whatever.

Damn dude. Sorry you went through all of that all for some bitch. That ain't right. Yeahhhh I've had a little experience with drugs before, never wanna use anything again, not even something like pot. Never been seriously addicted to anything aside from cigarettes but I don't wanna be. Even if I did stay with her I'd never try any of that shit myself. Glad to hear youre alot better now, that shit's rough from what I read. Thanks for the advice.
Haha, I love you man, I gotta say that. I really wish women were easier but they all are like kids in a way. I'd take her to a crackden or show her pics of drug addicts but it wouldn't do any good. She's convinced she could control her drug use or just try some stuff a little and be done with it.

She's not into stuff like crack or PCP or meth or anything like that thankfully, mainly psychedelics. Still, huge problem. I wish I could just use the methods you mentioned but it would just make her leave ne (probably.) Plus I dont wanna be "that guy."
That's why the idea of her even trying it once bugs the shit out of me. She acts like it won't happen or it just can't but what if it did? I can't stick with her if she fucks her head up; she's already depressed among a few other things.

Idk why op doesn't branch swing

Just cheat and fuck another girl. No matter what you do or say afterwards your body language will give off the "Im fucking someone else" vibes and the bitch will either leave (win) or get in line (win)

Don't be a dumbass and confess though

Danke. Appreciate the kind words.
Another idea, Since you seem willing to compromise it might be a good idea to get a test kit so you can test the quality of what she's taking as well as having you and her do research on all the effects. Promotes safety and gives an idea of how she can fuck up her body or psychological state.
Also baby steps if you're going to allow this. Morning glory seeds are known to have a chemical similar to LSD. From what I've heard the effects of using it can include some pretty bad nausea. Depends on the person though. For some it's quite pleasant. The risk of using such substances.
Also, I'm not wishing anything. Don't mistake me presenting a viable option as my investment in someone doing dumb shit which is OP's partner in a nutshell. I'm not trying to pander to someone's sensibilities I'm trying to present an ideal circumstance.

"Might" be alright, yeah, I'm worried about it not being so. Most people who use drugs arent the kind of people I wanna be around let alone date. I dont wanna see her ruin her life. I told her if she can't listen then maybe we should break up but she seems intent on staying with me no matter what, lol.
What do you mean?
Lmao, I'm not like that man. I wouldn't even have a threesome with her, got really conservative values on sex.
I'll look into those seeds, never heard of em. Im not entirely sure what to make of the entire situation honestly. But that stuff is good to know and think about if I do stick with her.

I mean find another girl and bounce. When you find roaches in your apartment you move to a new apartment.

And good job being selectively conservaifve AKA a 50 IQ normie. Conservative in bed but you choose to lay with a druggie? Lol dude she's probably done so much shit that would you drench your Ben Shapiro onsie with tears.

Guy who if nothing else is pretty informative about describing the effects of substances. Will help on perspective.
youtube.com/channel/UCn8V3KNSgDr1Dai77_y8JrQ/videos
Some info from the poison control. You can cross reference it with other accounts or general searches.
poison.org/articles/2007-jun/are-morning-glories-poisonous
Hope to become toxicologist. Have an interest in plants in well which is where this knowledge STEMS from. Heh, plant joke.

>branch swing
It means moving from one girl to another without letting go of the first girl until you have secured the second. It seems machiavellian to me, and kind of suggests being single is bad. But hey, succ is succ.

I'm gonna ignore the bait in your post, but ye I might end up leaving her if she can't drop the idea or something. Lmao that joke.
Thanks for the links though, I'll check em out.
OHHHHHHHHHHHH,
Yeah I'm just not into that idea. I've been cheated on myself and it's a shit feel so I don't wanna do it to anyone else no matter how I feel about em. Really doesn't sound like a terrible idea but I couldn't do that desu.

>I've been cheated on myself and it's a shit feel so I don't wanna do it to anyone else no matter how I feel about em

You're a fucking goner man

Too many people are overly macheavellian. It’s starting to bite everyone in the ass, including the people who prefer not to be that way.

Someone needs to come up with a religion that doesn’t have to do with magic sky dads, so the masses can get some basic morals again.

Dude, I agree with the hard drugs, but most psychedelics are fair game in my eyes. Personally, I've only ever smoked weed, but if I ever get the chance to try LSD, molly or shrooms, you bet your ass I'm doing it, and I'd be more than happy to have my fiance join me.

I really dont get why people lack morals nowadays. I'm not religious at all myself, still not a dickbag who looks to use others wherever I can. I blame the media and lack of good parents. Mainly the parents desu but the media has a massive influence on today's youth.
Eh, I just dont think any drugs are good. None. Unless you absolutely need it for a medical condition its probablyyyy not helping you in any way. I say that as an ex pothead myself.

these days...well, back in the day it was considered okay to kill someone for not being in the same political faction as you, people were sold into servitude...so, maybe it was worse. now the masses are machiavellian cunts and its taking the fun out of what would otherwise be a rad existence. I blame the 80s and 90s.

>She's not into stuff like crack or PCP or meth or anything like that thankfully, mainly psychedelics.
>doing hard drugs or psychedelics,

What hard drugs then. People who are into new age hippy drugs like lsd to like totally expand their minds maaaan don't suddenly start snorting prescription pills or smoking meth and stabbing someone for a bump of coke. Those are two very different paths.

not op but I hear heroin and morphine can be trippy

I consider DMT, LSD, that sort of thing to be hard, just in a different way. Instead of fucking up your body and getting addicted youre possibly fucking up your brain. Like I said before I really dont see the purpose of it all. Waste of money and its just a needless risk. Taking drugs for "fun" doesnt seem right either.

hard makes people think of coke, amphetamines, and opiates.

Not really no I've gotten IV in medical settings and you just pass out and you wake up later you're not Alice in wonderland walking down a yellow brick road like lsd.

You play video games and watch tv and movies and bullshit around on the internet right? Those mess up your psyche and even physical health way worse than whatever like Salvia or mushrooms.

I only play vidya, of those three things as odd as that sounds.
I dont believe its messed me up even close to as much as pot use has. Physically I dont think its had any effect, pot definitely had a few bad ones though. I believe its part of why I developed an anxiety disorder (though it could be hereditary.) I know pot can exaggerbate or cause mental illnesses you already are prone to to pop up. It's just not good for anyone.

>pot use

Pot use. Are you 73 years old? Stop saying it weird like that if you want to be taken seriously.

Marijuana doesn't create anxiety disorders. It may awaken scizophrenia if you already have it and start smoking when you're a teenager.

I don't think that video games or smart phones or especially weed or alcohol are any good for a teenager. But an adult gets to choose how they want to experience what the world has to offer.

I think you should leave. This isn’t some thing of the past, she might do it and it goes against your values and might hurt her and it hurts you even now. If she doesn’t care about it tormenting you, then leave.

Well, I didnt have an anxiety/panic attack problem before smoking for years on end, and I know I'm no schizo. Those all are bad things I agree, but drugs are worse than some other bad habits. Considering you use I can see why you'd think otherwise and I dont think its too irrational that you do, really.
How is the term "pot use," weird? That's what using weed is. Pot use, weed use, marijuana use, etc, lol.

>How is the term "pot use," weird? That's what using weed is. Pot use, weed use, marijuana use, etc, lol.

Literally no one who has smoked weed in their life at least once will say that they are "using" it.

but snorting coke is now called “taking lines,” right? it’s a renbranding?

Because they dont like to admit pot is a drug I assume is the reason. I was in denial about it when I smoked.

lol you're fucked bro. you caught AIDS

Attached: hqdefault_12.jpg (480x360, 10K)

You are suffocating her. You can't ask people to not do what you want.
You can tell them it makes you unhappy to see them do something, and leave them figure themselves out.
Just leave if you're unhappy, and you can't come to an agreement.

>You are suffocating her. You can't ask people to not do what you want.

You can manipulate people into believing that THEY want to do the things YOU want though.

Source: any advertisement, any political campaign, any girl in makeup

Yes, but it's different if you do that with your partner, someone who you should see as a peer and respect. That's you being abusive.

Hahahaha implying women don't gaslighting their spouses on the fucking daily.

Being "abusive" doesn't mean shit unless you're beating her to death.
Go outside little man you might learn somerhing.

I'm not implying women can't be abusive.
I'm saying that suggesting to someone that they should manipulate their partner is a shit move and consciously hurting someone is abusive.

Manipulation is persuasion is argumentation. By your logic all human interaction is toxic, fuck off.

He'd be manipulating her out of using drugs all the time. Woop di fucking do congrats. Doctors manipulate you into taking your medication and not dying. Parents manipulate their kids to not sniff glue and run into white vans. Psychologists manipulate their patients to not killing themselves.

Deal with how the world works.