Is there a way to cope with being lonely or with nothing to do on the weekends as a college student?

Is there a way to cope with being lonely or with nothing to do on the weekends as a college student?

I'm 20 years old, I feel like I should be out making memories but I don't have any real friends. I get super depressed on Friday and Saturday nights because I'm so bored and lonely. What should I do?

Attached: 1546940260796.jpg (800x800, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/TdxWyN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cry me a river
1st get the fuck off of Jow Forums
Go make friends and stop feeling sorry for yourself
Action, not bitching
There are a lot of groups on campus go join one,

How do I make friends beside "Just join clubs bro"

because that's literally the only advice I get usually. I've scrolled through my school's club page 3 different times and not a single club looks interesting to me

Find a night club or some organized event

Can't drink legally so night clubs are pointless

There are no organized events for 18-20 year olds after 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays

Are there any organized events that interest you before 8?

Doing things we hate is the price we pay to avoid lonliness

Go to the gym and lift your pain away

Attached: 29492db76426f843cab21e339cc503b6.1000x563x1.jpg (1000x563, 78K)

No clubs interest you at all? Even a little? I find that hard to believe. There must be clubs for things you’ve never tried before

Friends are not all they are cut out to be. My friends just use me as the bum monkey

Jesus. Don't be a faggot, join a gun club, learn to shoot.

No not really

Already tried that

I know how to shoot, I own a few firearms myself. Idk if my school has a gun club or not

Look you can probably find 3 guys who would actually want to do something IRL/AFK but just don't take the initiative. Go spend $30 and buy Settlers or Catan or Codenames or some shit like that from Target and spend the evening learning. Hell going to Target or WalMart to pick a board game could be an adventure in of itself.

Get a job

Got one?

Get another

Find a specific point in your life where you had the most amount of friends and supporters. Then tell yourself that that is the moment you peaked in popularity and it will convince you that you will never obtain such social greatness again.

I know that I peaked in middle school. Because of that, I am unphased towards "missing out" on high school because I don't believe that I could not miss out even if I tried.

You just have to learn when your charisma died and use that knowledge to find something else to satisfy your life

You could find a sportsman's club in the area, even if your school doesn't have one.

I'm pretty much the same as you, it's a Saturday now, I had absolutely nothing to do yesterday, and have absolutely nothing to do today, I work 12 hours a day Sunday through Thursday and 6 hours on Friday.
I have a plan to get out of this though, starting February I'm lowering my hours to 8 daily, and I've decided I'm signing up to an acting course for fun!! I think it's a super social activity and should be mega fun! I also have in mind, singing group if I can find one, and maybe dancing but that's for later. And I would like to play dungeons and dragons too but all these things are for later, I devised that an acting course will give me the perfect place to practice being dumb and stupid as I always am inside, in a safe environment with a bunch of other people allowing each other self expression!!!

I had to get a job because I was depressed and bored with nothing to do. Now I have money saved up and I am more active and healthier. You should get a job too

Join clubs. Any clubs. Preferably but not essentially something you're interested in.

You'll meet like-minded people and slowly build up a network of people to hang out with

Worry about making money while you still have time. Once you're making bank in your mid-20s cause of what you built now you'll live a much better life than everyone else who wasted their time getting drunk.

Not him but I live in fucking nowheresville and my school has shit clubs. Fuck dude I would even take an AV club or some shit. Am I going to have to resort to the anime club? I fucking hate anime.

not op but I live off campus, no car, strict parents, 19 credits so I can't get a job, what do?

Attached: 1547783130533.jpg (1348x2048, 323K)

Whats a bum monkey?

Gotta force yourself to do stuff. Even stuff you arent interested in.

discord.gg/TdxWyN

Try meetup. If there isn’t a group for your hobby, create one.

Play Old School RuneScape

Have friends and work. Still feels lonely as hell because no gf I think. If I had the option to end it now without pain, I would do it.

Watch anime. I am suicidal and depressed af. I overdosed on 15 pills of 30 mg vyvanse 6 months ago. I don't even have any friends and I don't like going out because I fucking hate the way that I look. I am disgusted by myself. However I find so much peace in watching anime. It works like a charm. I still hate existing so I am just hoping that I die at a really young age and pass on. For now I am just merely waiting to die.

dont listen to a word of this

go to things and try to talk to people, and just deal with the awkwardness. if you’re lucky you’ll make friends. if you’re not, you’ll be alone again. either way you’re not losing anything. (dignity/embarrassment/shame don’t actually matter, nobody will remember but you and you can eventually replace the bad memories with good ones if you try enough).
the thing is, you and everyone else asking this isn’t actually asking: “how do i connect with people?”. they’re asking: “how do i go to somewhere where people will make friends with me?” and it’s hard to answer that because that almost never happens. on the other hand, if you approach it like the first question, you can get past it. go on fb, check local events. your college probably has things it hosts, go to them if it sounds like it would have people you want to meet, not just if the activity sounds fun. just recognize that making friends is very hard but worth it.
also know that the average college student is much more like you than you think, i am a very social person and have a solid group of friends and i go parties like once a month maybe, and on the average night i just hang around with roommates playing video games or whatever
this

Weird, 20 year old college student as well and I never feel pressured to do anything. Is that odd?

Masturbation helps me

>Watch anime
Do not do this.

Exercise will improve you mood and gives you resources to get more social. If you work on your fitness a bit you'll fit into clubs like martial arts, cycling, athletics etc. Even turbo normie shit like team sports if you really want, but personally I can't stand that shit.

We live in a world where even the most obese, uncoordinated retard can join a sports club at college and be made to feel welcome and accepted (or the club gets in shit), so you'll do absolutely fine.

you just need to accept it. like Jesus

Oh and I should add that doing this shit won't necessarily make you friends within the club but it will make you more social and confident in general.

ya you just need to accept it like user here

Attached: 9a5843a60ffe7e37465481675ea73118--dragonball-z-nerdy.jpg (320x288, 20K)

>Go to dance party
>Waggle limbs rhythmically
>If you make eye contact, smile and raise your eyebrows.
>Take MDMA when it comes your way.
>Waggling intensifies

You'll have heaps of friends in no time!

Don't worry about the no alcohol thing, it's a shit drug anyway, gun for the fun stuff.

Go outside

what the fuck are you even talking about

buy a big bag of weed... make it into smaller bags of weed... sell on campus.. congrats..you are now popular.

Buy a poker table, a deck of cards, and clay heavy weight poker chips.. study the rules of card games like a fucking monk, learn to properly deal cards... offer to host poker games for a % cut. Congrats... popular.

push yourself out of the comfort zone even if it feels bad and forced and talk to someone

OP here, thanks for all the discussion and advice

I actually just joined an intramural sports team today with a bunch of randos yesterday so maybe I'll click with some of them and actually make some friends

As for girls, I'm sitting next to a cute ass girl in one of my classes so we'll see where that goes. I think I'm gonna nut up and ask for her number to "study with" next class, and then see where it goes from there

Also this shit right here: is depressing as fuck and I hope it isn't true

Attached: 1521940753277.png (416x417, 238K)

Play vidya

>Literally trash advice

good advice

I recommend the Etrian Odyssey, Trails in the Sky and Hyperdimension Neptunia series.