/brainlet/

How do you go from brainlet to smart?

Attached: 1539012399390.png (300x168, 8K)

Listen to the Joe Rogan podcast. You will develop a false sense of intelligence from here and you can convince idiots idiots into thinking you're smart.

Get off the internet and read a book.

Actively learning stuff for fun and diving into fields that interest you is almost always a good way to practice learning new things. There's free textbooks in a lot of subjects out there online. The more you learn, the better you are at it. Remember, just because it's hard for you doesn't mean you can't beat someone who's naturally better at it but lazy.

Bump

Study mathematics 6 hours a day everyday. Also don't watch anime

Unironically watch / read smart shows, movies, manga...

Interstellar, Evangelion, Kaiji, Akagi, Breaking Bad, Inception, Fight Club...

Overtime you're gonna start mimicking main characters from said works and think to yourself: what would they do in my situation

Attached: 1455212416369.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Dumb of truth.
Also, good taste

Dubs fuck

Learn the differences between 5 different types of communism, and all the history of the Soviet Union, then go around talking about how you're so fucking incredibly smart and make a big show of it like you think that if a communist regime was instated you should be appointed as Commisar.

Don’t listen to this user - if you want to become a genuinely smart and knowledgable person with good strategies then you’re better off reading non-fiction books and historical biographies of intelligent people. If you need motive philosophical books aren’t bad but be careful with which ones you choose to read if you’re trying to be as fast and efficient as possible. Also, specify what you would like to be smart at because you’ll need to narrow it down to a few things - I would recommend something math or physics related since it’s easier to determine your capabilities while studying them, is a great test of patience, and is also beneficial for humanity. University wouldn’t hurt either.

Attached: 120BE5D0-8752-49AC-AE49-727426057F1A.png (450x528, 143K)

You make no sense and I'm not even the user you're replying to.
If I see Kaiji making up complex strategies about playing rock paper scissors you bet I'm gonna be like "damn what would Kaiji do" in real life.
You need role models and self inserting is good.

I’m not saying that anime is completely useless but using real life intellects as role-models is still a lot more realistic and better.

Well someone had to have written the anime / manga / show user.....

start fact-checking topics that are common in discussion. keep in mind that about 99% of the information you read from credible sources will be uncomfortable/unpleasant. Reading confirmation bias articles do not count as fact-checking. It's not fun, but you will gain a lot of perspective and context. the bureau of labor statistics website, the CDC website, the FBI/DOJ websites in addition to google scholar (not just google) are usually good starting points.

Learn critical thinking, apply it to everything, read books and find sources, check how the sources acquired their information.
Attend debate clubs and look for logical fallacies, your sources and information will get you an edge.

But it’s more likely that people who have actually significantly changed the world (more specifically science and war) are more intelligent.

What do you want to be smart at? If it’s everything then you can only be mildly smart.

>authors can't be smart
Ohhhh you're just a pretentious faggot, sorry for bothering you, go back to reading Mein Kampf.

Learn how to approach and solve problems. Identify the issue and use the information that you have to get an ideal outcome.
It helps to be knowledgable, but random historical knowledge isn't going to help much with your everyday problems.

Your are absolutely retarded if you think this will make you even seem smart.

You're like the people that think buying Ryan Goslings jacket from Drive, will automatically make you cool.

It's fine to appreciate media, it's fine to enjoy those shows, but breaking bad does not educate you about chemistry, fight club is one of the most misinterpreted movies of all time, none of the themes it displays by the end, show the organization as being good.

If you want to be smart you need to be informed. Read, fucking READ. Don't just look at the title of an article and assume what is inside it, read it, fact check it against credible sources, and then form an opinion on it, don't let Jorden Peterson, Ben Shapiro, Steven Colbert, or John Oliver do all your thinking for you.

But most of all, to circle back to my first point, do not be a complete autist who thinks that emulating characters who are LITERALLY designed to be a representation of an "ideal" man, is possible or healthy

>Your

Keep seething but mimicking smart characters is the way to go.
Who said Breaking Bad is gonna teach you chemistry?

Yes, one grammar mistake completely defeats my entire argument, congratulations.

No one will think you're smart because you try to act like a smart character, if the character is popular they will recognize their mannerisms and think you're an autist; the alternative is that you'll eventually encounter someone who actually is familiar with the subject you're bullshitting your way through, and they will promptly show everyone how much of a fraud you are.

Also, what are you going to learn from Breaking Bad? How to not accept help? How to fail at running a criminal enterprise? How to poison a child? How to be a horrible husband, friend, and father?

>you'll eventually encounter someone who actually is familiar with the subject you're bullshitting your way through, and they will promptly show everyone how much of a fraud you are.

There's a difference between being knowledgeable and being smart. Being knowledgeable is knowing a lot of facts. Being smart is being able to solve complicated problems and use critical thinking. OP is asking how to be smart.

I mean Jesus Christ, it's like you're saying you should build a house out of cardboard out duct tape, then only let people look at it from a distance so that they think you own a home, instead of just building the fucking house.

The time you're sinking into consuming all that media could be spent practicing self-cultivation, actually becoming more intelligent, but you're choosing not to do that for some ridiculous reason.

Oh boy it's another "Jow Forums thinks they are elite" episode.