Women of Jow Forums

In a relationship, would you rather your significant be more possessive/jealous or carefree?

Wondering your all thoughts on this. Would you rather your boyfriend/husband be more possessive, controlling and jealous of you or would you rather him care less what you do? I am not talking extremes of either side just wondering what you would prefer in a partner.

Attached: hot boys.jpg (700x525, 95K)

Also curious
t. possessive, controlling and jealous boyfriend

I like a little jealousy, I find it rather cute, but I detest possessive and controlling people.
If you tell me what you want me to do, or treat me like I'm property, I'm going to get tired quick. If you let me know you're scared of losing me and feel insecure, I'd take care of you.
I generally prefer someone who trusts me and is more carefree.

It sucks how for some women just saying you're uncomfortable with something instantly equates to guilt tripping.

Though they might just have a persecution complex.

You can tell me your concerns, I may find them completely unreasonable and ignore them.
If you tell me "I don't want you to hang out alone at home with other men", I find that reasonable and will probably say "okay". If you tell me "I don't want you to go out alone at night" I'll tell you to go suck a bag of cocks.

I prefer carefree but I'm willing to tolerate a little possessiveness or jealousy. Like previous user said, I'm willing to reassure or to support but I will not tolerate controlling behavior.

"I'm worried about you and want to make sure you're safe, can you text me when you get there and when you're leaving?" or "I'm not comfortable with you going alone, can I come?" is fine.

"I won't let you go to that concert," or "You can't talk to any other guys," is not okay.

You're the same girl that will cheat on her significant other and then blame them for "controlling" you.

I don't think its unreasonable for a man to say he isnt comfortable with you being along with another dude at his house or something. How could you possibly think thats a good idea?

I never cheated, I always conducted myself morally. I just don't like men who control me.
If your concerns are irrational (so like stuff "don't talk to other men", "don't go out with your friends", "don't go to parties without me"), I'm not sticking around.
I need someone without such a huge amount of trust issues.

Carefree. I've seen possessive and jealous, I'm not putting up with that shit.

>If you let me know you're scared of losing me and feel insecure, I'd take care of you.
heartwarming

If it was a relative stranger or a guy who's gunning for me, then I wouldn't be comfortable with that, either. I don't put myself in that kind of situation.

However, I also have a male friend who's been my buddy since grade school. He's not interested in me, never has been, and we treat each other like brother and sister. I'm comfortable being alone with him, and he's never once made a move or even flirted, and has a girlfriend of his own. I wouldn't be happy with a significant other trying to forbid me from hanging out with this guy just because he's male.

I also make a point of introducing my SO to friends, including all male ones. My husband and I also have an understanding, and a deep amount of trust. We're crazy about each other and we make that very well known. I trust him alone with women (including the ex that he still talks to), and he trusts me alone with men. We both know the other would never do anything with anyone else. This security allows us to be very trusting.

My tolerance for abuse increases with how hot they are.

Keep me in a fucking cage in your basement, PLEASE...any less means you don't love me ^-^

keeping a woman is like eating a dish from a cook you dont know.

You mean like eating at a restaurant?

Women in their "slutty" phase would rather be with a man who is carefree because he is more fun and adventurous. Also being carefree is an indicator that he is more concerned about enjoying his life than being in a serious relationship, which in their eyes increases his social market value.

Women who want to settle down would rather be with a man who is possessive/jealous because he would be more committed. And he would keep her behavior more in check, which would be beneficial a long-term relationship.

I would disagree. I'd say women who are younger would prefer a man who is possessive/jealous because they're more likely to believe that it shows they 'really" love her, whereas older and more experienced women would be less tolerant of that and thereby more likely to prefer carefree.

goddamn

This.

I'm engaged, never cheated, never even "rode the cock carousel".
I simply don't want to get in a long term relationship with someone who has a lot of potential to be abusive.
I don't need my behaviour to be kept in check.

Youve read the rational male havent you mate