Why do so few guys have long hair? I love how it looks on guys...

Why do so few guys have long hair? I love how it looks on guys, but every guy I know has a super short haircut these days and it makes me sad :(

Attached: new york mets.jpg (1577x890, 129K)

No answer user, but just wanted to chime in that my boyfriend used to have long hair, but he cut it without telling me beforehand, and it's been almost a year and i'm still not over it

his body his rules m'lady

It's cultural, just like how most women have long hair. Upkeep is probably a big factor, since long hair requires more maintenance and most boys aren't raised with long hair so they just stick with what's easy and familiar. I wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with misogyny/homophobia too, like long hair = feminine = faggot.

>tfw you prefer long hair on men and short hair on women

Attached: 7.jpg (640x480, 34K)

kill him

Just kidding just kidding. In pic related guy on the left cut his hair too and I wanted to die for a full month

who gives a shit about what you love how it looks on guys? fucking lol

Because the world doesn't revolve around you? Dumb fucking question, roastie.

I know it doesn't

Then why are you asking this retarded ass question? Most guys don't have long hair because you're in the minority and most girls prefer short hair. DUH. Jesus you're fucking dumb. Did you even think before asking this question or did you just want attention? God roasties are fucking dumb.

When you're young most people will treat you like a wierdo for having long hair. Chances are you will be picked on for it. Some schools don't even allow boys to wear long hair so they are conditioned to wear it short. When you are older eventually people will judge you for having long hair. Employers will think you are irresponsible, lazy and generally live a bad lifestyle.

I wore long hair until I was 16 but to get into a good school with a scholarship they told me at the interview that I would have to cut it to be accepted. I cut it just under the accepted limit. When I went to college I started growing it out again. Then I got a girlfriend and she eventually convinced me, not maliciously, to cut it short. She was so happy with the change I couldn't really bring myself to let it grow again.

The truth is long hair will make you look a lot less masculine which really isn't ideal for a man. Until I was 16 most strangers confused me for a woman which I thought was kind of crazy.

While I have to admit the long hair from a traditional style perspective didn't really go with my features it was really impressive and some girls were jealous of how I had really defined curls, natural blonde streaks and general lustre.

If I hadn't watched 300 I don't think I would have been willing to cut it. I'm really into Gerard Butler's look in that film. I think I look a lot better now. I look a lot better in shirts and suits. However I feel the world is poorer for the abssence of my long hair.

That's definitely true unfortunately. The way your long hair was sounds perfect lol. I love long blond hair especially. But yeah, for whatever reason people can think badly of you, which is such bs. Long hair on guys is gorgeous. Although I'm sure you still look beautiful.

>tfw no long blonde haired metalhead bf
Why even live :(

Attached: 21ac8a650e860adf5228c102343d70d9.jpg (500x650, 68K)

mood

Attached: 1126_noah_syndergaard.jpg (656x369, 36K)

Go to punk rock shows. Plenty of dudes with long hair. They may sometimes smell bad dude to street life and lack of coming home to shower. My current girlfriend is into guys with long hair which I used to have. I got infected with lice and almost infected everyone in her family. My head is now shaven. Short hair and still have gf. Long hair is over rated trust me.

Oh shit. Yeah I have long hair so I get it. Keep that shit clean is all I have to say

Not advice.

most dudes with long hair either don't have the face for it, doesn't grow long enough or they just don't do the proper upkeep and it's greasy. dudes like your pic are rare

hey weird, look at this I have this picture of you saved on my computer, what a coincidence

I have long hair, I haven't had a real haircut since 2012.

It comes with its own challenges. Although a lot of girls actually are into that, people always assume that I'm a metalfag or a stoner or LARPer or something.

Attached: mad.png (500x460, 25K)

>punk

90% of the guys there either have a fully shave head, or they have a mohawk or even a faux-hawk.

Real men rock buzzcuts in 2019

Yeah I hate that shit, it's so dumb. I can always say that I wish for a world in which no one is ever judged, but that'll never happen, so... keep rocking the long hair anyway. Who gives a shit if they think you're a larper or whatever. Everyone assumes shit sometimes.

Very true but if you do do the proper upkeep, I think it looks good almost always.

Not my personal preference but go ahead I guess

My hair looks disgusting and poofy when it's long. I wish I could have Gyro Zeppeli hair.

Because you're in the minority of women. Most don't like it. That said, I have mine medium and slicked back, like a way less attractive Charlie Hunam in SOA

Attached: Charlie-Hunnam-Sons-Anarchy-Pictures.jpg (1024x683, 83K)

Confirmed for never having gone to a punk show

>Gyro Zeppeli
based

I don't know what zoomers are into but I went to dozens of punk shows in the 2000s

Long hair is harder to maintain on a guy. It gets greasy and often looks poor. It's also very hard to get it to that point without months to years of growth, where it's going to look terrible. Most girls have the benefit of their parents growing it out at a young age, before anyone gives a shit.

Men are also more prone to balding earlier on, which means it's just plainly less feasible to look good.

I love long hair so much, and metal music at the same time so it's great, I just go to rock/metal bars or other alternative venues and see so many cuties

Attached: 41652699_541879396234277_8426292758460776935_n.jpg (640x640, 93K)

I totally agree, I like metal too... also sports, and there are plenty of guys with long hair there too. I'm with you on the metal thing. Lots of cute guys.

A few years ago when I was 14 or 15, I was waiting right outside a venue playing a game on my phone and this cutie pie with long hair actually walked up to me and started asking me over and over for my number. The restraint it took me to say no was immense, but I was like 15 and I wasn't about to send some horny dude to jail, so I kept denying him until he finally gave up. It was definitely the right decision, but he was so cute that it still hurts to think about.

>Most guys don't have long hair because you're in the minority and most girls prefer short hair.
Why are you talking like women are the ones controlling the type of hair men have? Are you ones of those guys that expects their wife or girlfriend to buy all their clothing and personal care items for them?

Long hair doesnt work with a lot of guys unfortunately. I've also heard upkeep is annoying but I wouldn't know since I'm used to it. It also gives off a feminine vibe which is offputting for some people. I commonly get called ma'am at my job from behind because of my hair

To say that a very large portion of what most young men do in public doesn't strongly factor in how they think women will react to it is quite ignorant.

feels uncomfortable
most girls dont like it

Hi! Go to scandinavia.

I blame Metallica. I used to have long hair and people at my school liked and but looking back on it I looked like a fucking fag.

Just like any haircut it doesn't work for everyone.

Because it's bad enough that we have to get YOUR hair in our face when we're spooning, we don't need our hair in our mouth too.

It is more difficult to clean it and we don't want to be bald. That's my reason, i've had long hair and i couldn't stand my hair falling off. I'm still young but better not take risks

Having My hair grow over my forehead worsened my acne. I would probably grow a mullet, though.