Resolving workplace issues

>Feeling sick
>Don't have enough sick days left at work because I had to get my arm reset and used up all my sick days
>Go to work with the flu
>Take a blanket and cough medicine
>Manager immediately shows up to my work station an hour into the work day
>Yells at me for having a blanket over my knees and lap at the job, confiscates it, tells me I'll be reported to management
>Assistant manager comes by later to confiscate my cough medicine, tells me a no drugs policy at work
>Get called in for a talking to by manager and assistant manager
>Have to write out a written statement saying I won't bring blankets or drugs to work again, even if I'm sick
>Have cough and runny nose the entire time
>Manager and assistant manager tell me I'm being rude and "disrespectful" for wiping my nose and coughing during work
>Told having the flu is no excuse

Is this okay? I'm really depressed that this is going on but I don't feel like I have any avenues to vent or raise my issues. I really want to transfer to a different manager but they're besties with the only HR person or senior management I can talk to. Really worried about my job from now to the future.

Attached: Workplace+Issues.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

Holy shit that's insane. Are you American? I've heard American work standards are awful. Time for a new job user, these people are absolute cunts holy shit, you deserve better

That's pretty common in America no matter where you work. Even if you have a white collar job with insurance, retirement, and other benefits.

Tell that stupid fucking cocksucking son of a bitch of a manager to go fuck himself and fuck his mother and eat shit. You’ll do whatever you want to whether that piece of shit likes it or not. Punch him in the face if he bothers you again.

They and the senior staff are black so any kind of complaint against them could be considered racist. A little worried about that if I ever raise any complaints.

>wagecucks can't even get sick
top kek

Attached: 1539033702668.jpg (500x495, 60K)

I don't even understand why they would care if you have a blanket over your knees. Just sounds like real powertripping bullshit to me

This is why you should always find work in a country who doesn't have the same work standards as fucking China.

stop being a bitch, race issues are a mess because of that line of thinking

Confiscate her coffee because caffeine is a drug too

I don't want to make a new thread, can I consider this a general thread for workplace issues?

Sure.

If I was in your position I would call in sick anyway, take the un-paid leave, tell them you don't care, you're not coming in sick.

And find a different job man fuck, have some self respect.

>Get hired as a logistics planner at a smaller company
>only me and the logistics manager
>I'm 26, girl, he is 40-something
>not much of a problem, at first, but due to a fantastic year where we never went out of stock, and had record low waste, they talk about celebrating it
>manager keeps talking about "logistics department" going to a high end restaurant
>the restaurant he has sent looks almost exclusively to be for couples, and it is very far away from where we live
>suggest a more low-key one near where we actually live, and say it would be too much with such a place, especially since it would he difficult to get home in any reasonable time, as even a taxi would take about 2,5 hours.
>I am told not to worry, they also have hotel rooms at the restaurant.
>yesterday he asked if I have a nice dress for such a restaurant
>I tried saying no, and that I would probably not have time to change anyway, so I'd just use my work clothes to keep it casual.
>he gives me an address to a store that seems to exclusively deals in lingerie and party dresses, and tells me to put it on my expense report
This is dangerously close to being too much for me, and I'm not sure how to properly get out of this without ruining my career here. He is extremely close with the CEO and owner of the company (family related), and I cannot understate enough how much I DON'T want to make any big #metoo deal out of this.

It was hard getting this job, and while I did do a quick look around, I doubt I could find another good one to replace this with. Besides, everybody is really nice here, my manager is just... really not comfortable to deal with these past few weeks.

>Talking about sexual harassment on Jow Forums

Brave to choose such a hostile and malicious environment for such a sensitive topic

Tell him you won't go on what is essentially a company paid date with him, and if he keeps making these sorts of advances, you'll have to report him, or quit.
>without ruining my career here
...yeah that's going to be tough, honey.

I'll be honest, I would have gone along with it, and left it at that. Don't make a big deal out of it, keep it professional, and hope he isn't a massive creep. If you have any buttons to push, say, "married", you could use that one to help him avoid being stupid. If it's basically a family business, that should help make most of them steer clear.

Alternatively, take the talk with the owner. Maybe it won't help, but at least make it clear this isn't okay, and should not happen.

Well, there are girls here, and seriously, it's the best place I could think of. I already know what would happen if I went to safespace Reddit, or worse, Facebook and Twitter. I'm trying to avoid drama, and I will happily take some vitriol and hostility to reach a reasonable solution to this.

>Tell him you won't go on what is essentially a company paid date with him, and if he keeps making these sorts of advances, you'll have to report him, or quit.
That would just end up being mostly empty threats... and I don't want to cause any hostility in the workplace as a result of this
>>without ruining my career here
>...yeah that's going to be tough
I've turned it in my head a lot, but I am really coming up blank. Doesn't help I don't have any friends to draw on for advice.

>I would have gone along with it
It would legit be the first proper date in my life, I would not be able to handle that professionally.

I also know he isn't married. He divorced a few years ago if I heard the others correctly.

>Alternatively, take the talk with the owner.
And say what? That his nephew is trying to use our "department" dinner as a date? I have no idea how to angle this to make it less weird, or risk it blowing up.

It Is really annoying that #metoo is such a big thing, because it's literally the only thing stopping me from just telling people this is bothering me.

Start looking for another job immediately.

>It would legit be the first proper date in my life, I would not be able to handle that professionally
So.. disclaimer here, this is Jow Forums, advice should he taken with a mountain of salt, and your own personal considerations, but:

As a woman, I would have done it. Relax, go out, and consider it a good test with someone you sound like you have known for a year or so. Might help you a bit when you actually get a date at some point. It's a business dinner, and the more you can convince yourself of this, the better.

You might not enjoy it, few do, especially if it becomes such a high profile thing, but it is really good for your career as well. Everybody needs to be able to be a good dinner guest to get high up in the corporate ladder, and that does require fancy clothes.

If he doesn't make a big issue out of it, then all is good, and it might help you relax more around him. Because by avoiding it now, you have created a tension that won't go away. It'll be a hostile, fearful tension, and it'll plague you until one of you leaves, and that someone will most likely be you.

Of course, if he starts trying to force you into his room (the hotel thing is the biggest issue with this whole thing, that is seriously creepy), then you HAVE to make a fuss, but then it isn't just some vague shitty #metoo "I didn't like some vague suggestions and wordings he used", it would be actual attempt at leveraging his position over you for sex, and that's illegal.

Sounds like there's nepotism and other weird stuff going on there. Turn down the date or make up an excuse, and put in your two weeks' notice as soon as you can. Preferably you either have another job waiting in the wings, are a good prospective hire for a better company/agency, or have family or a partner who can support you while you're out on the job market.

...really? I feel like it would only get worse if I went through with it. Maybe it won't, but isn't that just encouraging him?

>Everybody needs to be able to be a good dinner guest to get high up in the corporate ladder, and that does require fancy clothes.
Wait, really? Is that a girl thing, or is that actually normal? That sounds so weird.

>Turn down the date or make up an excuse, and put in your two weeks' notice as soon as you can.
It's just not an actual date, it's a "business dinner" for the "logistics department" (aka just the two of us), so if I give an excuse for why I can't at any given date, he'll just move it. And he has been very persistent in removing my excuses so far.

I have a lot more than a 2 weeks notice, and even then, there is this issue:
>Preferably you either have another job waiting in the wings, are a good prospective hire for a better company/agency, or have family or a partner who can support you while you're out on the job market.
I have nothing. I'm pretty much on my own, and while my savings can help me through a few months, I am not sure how easy it would be to find a new job, and I actually risk homelessness if I fail at finding a new job.

holy shit lol that sounds like a scene out of a bureaucratic dystopian science fiction, how the fuck are people putting up with this shit in America? just move to Europe mate lol

Not that poster, and I'm a guy...
>Wait, really? Is that a girl thing, or is that actually normal? That sounds so weird.

Really. I have a high level corporate gig for a major company, and when I first started, my boss had to pull me aside and tell me that if I didn't start attending dinners with the team, it was going to have a negative effect on my reviews, and ultimately career growth.

And she was right. Three promotions in two years because I'm part of the good ol' boys club since then. I don't even get to turn the promotions down.

On one hand, it's cool to sit down for meals where drop $8,000 for six people, but it's a huge contributing factor to my alcoholism and stress.

>that feel when living in Denmark
>paid sick leave by law if you aren't paid by the hour
>paid days by the government if you are by paid by the hour
>illegal to fire someone due to illness or other health issues, unless they are sick for 180 days during a full year period
Life is good here.

This is probably the case in certain industries in the US but I've heard about this kind of workplace culture being more of a thing in the Pacific (Australia, Japan, business/non-ESL teacher expat communities in Southeast Asia and the South Pacific islands)

The US and UK typically don't expect workers to attend formal engagements outside of work, except in a few fields like law or the corporate ranks of US/UK-based MNCs

Yes but people there are also lazy and unproductive and get high all the time. Your entire country has to depend on other peoples' hard work except for the young people who get conscripted into your military. They seem to be the only ones with a real job where you live.

test, am i banned?

Do this:
>turn off phone, music, everything.
>stare at wall
>imagine your current situation as a mid-20 virgin, dangerously close to "might as well get cats" single territory.
>Consider where you will be in 5 years if you keep doing what you are doing now.
>seriously imagine your life with that guy and consider if it really is as big of a problem as you make it out to be
In not defending creepy behaviour, but this is worth a serious consideration from your side. Think long and hard, because this could very well be good for you, both personally, career-wise, and for your future.

You have no safety net, you apparently have no friends or family that can help. That's really not a good state to be in. The way I see it, you have nothing to lose by considering it, and then using your conclusion to make a statement here. If you get to the "let's see where it goes" conclusion, enjoy it as much as possible, and see if there is actually a possibility of this being an option you might actually like. If you get to the opposite, take it as corporate experience (trust me, no one but sociopaths enjoy these kinds of dinners), and make it clear to him that you don't date co-workers. Don't make it hostile, say it with a smile, and no matter how uncomfortable you feel in the moment, it'll pass with time once you settle back into the usual working routines.

And for the love of God, do NOT have sex with him under any circumstances, regardless of what your conclusion is. If he tries to force it, call for help, cry rape, and get him jailed.

>Yes but people there are also lazy and unproductive and get high all the time.
On the contrary.

J work in an international company, and while we work 8 hours to the international assignees 10, we are significantly more effective. My predecessor spent 11 hours doing the work I do in 8.

No one I know smokes weed. I am 99% sure it is more common in the US than here. Don't fall for the meme of it being freely available, that is one small area in the middle of our capitol, and it's still illegal to sell and buy.

As a woman supposedly, your rationale makes sense but the girl aint comfortable. Hell even as a guy if genders were switched, assuming her boss is a scruffy plump dude, i would also not be happy with an elderly female boss coming onto me.

user do what any damn girl does to safely, freely and completely shut down these situations: in casual concersation mention a boyfriend. Perhaps the timing is wrong but mention it and see the response then.

Okay, sure, but most people I know outside of the bare minimum white collar shit need to do this to advance. Otherwise you turn into Becky in accounting who has had the same desk and same title for 25 years.

What kind of retarded bullshit is this? where the fuck do you work?
GTFO of there, there are plenty of other jobs out there who don't have managers thinking this is the military or some bullshit, this is NOT worth it.

It's extremely prevalent in American workplaces.
Between unreasonable scheduling and behavior like the op, drug use on the clock is much too common.

All of my exposure to the American workplace is through media, and it all seems to treat drug testing like it's required to stop being from doing drugs. I assumed it was mostly a joke...

I legit know no one who uses it in Denmark. None. Not even used as medicine in any meaningful way. I find it kinda funny that we are considered to be heavy users of the stuff, just because it is notably being sold (illegally) in a small, 5 square mile area in the entirety of the country.

Drug testing is mostly common in government (usually federal workplaces) or any workplace that deals with law enforcement, criminal justice, public safety, emergencies and disasters etc.

With other types of employers, the answer is "it depends" - some do and some don't

I have an interview for a home-based job soon.

How do I resist the urge to slack or put off work if/when I get the job?

Anything that doesn't have you sitting in a desk will require drug testing in the event of a workplace injury.
The result at my store is that many employees just don't report it when they get hurt. whatever their medical bills are they don't think it's worth losing their job.

Claim to be Jewish and that they're discriminating against you because of your weak jewish immune system, if a jew claims racism it doesn't matter what race these asshats are, they'll fall in line

Huh, that's reasonable.
I would honestly just come up with a convincing lie last second to not go. You are in a terrible spot and, the way I see it, he knowingly cornered you into this """""date""""".
If you honestly think you can't handle it just don't show up

Hope this goes well for you.

This.