Is INFJ a good personality type for a girl? New to MBTI

Is INFJ a good personality type for a girl? New to MBTI.

Attached: 1548356234079.png (704x768, 386K)

Don't worry about personality types. MBTI has been discredited as a psychological tool for decades. You are who you are.

MBTI is inherently bullshit because it's based off of self-evaluation which is super unreliable so any MBTI personality type is a good thing but also a bad thing since they're pretty useless information.

Women taking pop psychology seriously is a red flag

doesn't matter what MBTI you have as a woman. if you're hot guys will still wanna fuck you. if you're nice guys will still wanna marry you.

What if I'm both? Will this INFJ personality of mine ruin everything?

both what? if you're both hot and nice then nothing else really matters tbqh

As an INTP Enneagram 5/6, I want to marry an INFJ Enneagram 9.

>MBTI is inherently bullshit because it's based off of self-evaluation which is super unreliable
Only if you're lacking self-awareness. MBTI can't be any more bullshit than going to a psychologist. They will ask the same questions as an online personality form, except dragged out over the course of 6 months for thousands of dollars.

mbti is a load of bullshit, as is any other personality indicator. forget about it

OP here. I am an INFJ Enneagram 9...
But I want to be a feminine MBTI/Enneagram, not a masculine one.

The problem is, people who have shit EQ score the same as people with high EQ because they think they are amazing.

Incompetent people generally don't know they are incompetent.

This makes the personality tests worthless - someone qualified doing your profile however, is worth something.

Attached: dog glasses.jpg (474x266, 19K)

it's a meme

checked, you should really put it out of your mind. youve bought into some click bait horoscope tier trash.

INFJ Enneagram 9s are one of the most feminine combinations though. I suppose ENFJ and ISFJ Enneagram 2 would be considered more feminine. So I guess be more extroverted or submissive, if it's important to you.

>The problem is, people who have shit EQ score the same as people with high EQ because they think they are amazing.
But that wouldn't make MBTI worthless for those with high emotional intelligence though, no? Only to low EQ individuals.

>Only if you're lacking self-awareness.
You don't even know what you are talking about.

>MBTI can't be any more bullshit than going to a psychologist.
Yes it can. Certain therapy techniques such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectic Therapy have shown to improve mental health and functioning.

MBTI has failed as a psychological inventory on nearly every measure of validity.

1. It refutes its own premise. Personalities as described by Myers-Briggs are supposed to be immutable. However nearly HALF of individuals will test into a different type taking the official exam after less than six months. Nearly 3/4 after one year will be a different type.

2. It uses binary states to determine classifications over a spectrum. Think about this. Introversion and Extroversion run from complete shut-in to a huge people person. This is tested on a quantifiable 1-100 scale. Explain to me the logic of having two people who are introverts being roughly 50 points apart (a 1 and 49 on the scale both being "I"), yet a 49 and 51, while being nearly identical in actual introversion would be classified as opposites (I vs E). You could have an INFJ who has a 200 point difference from another INFJ, yet you can have an INFJ who is only 4 points different from a ESTP their polar opposite type.

3. The actual points being studied are abstractions which can't be shown to exist in some cases. Introversion and Extroversion are reliable, and they are used in tools which are actually reasonable such as the Big 5 Typology. However, there was never any basis for things such as Perceiving vs. Judging, nor is there any way to describe them rigorously.

Maybe this has something to do with why MBTI hasn't been researched seriously in psychology since the 1980s.

>because it's based off of self-evaluation which is super unreliable

This meme only criticizes self-evaluation not MBTI itself. It's like saying that you COULD be one type, you just wouldn't know which.

To be fair to the dude who said it, context matters.

I doubt the OP has taken a paid for profile test and the profiler applied the MBTI shit. It's almost certainly an online fucking self-evaluation.

Attached: DrFreddy.jpg (736x830, 123K)

How tight is an INFJ's pussy?

He said that MBTI was bullshit /because/ of that though, which has nothing to do with MBTI itself, and more so with self-evaluation methods.

>1. It refutes its own premise. Personalities as described by Myers-Briggs are supposed to be immutable. However nearly HALF of individuals will test into a different type taking the official exam after less than six months. Nearly 3/4 after one year will be a different type.
That just tells me half of the population lacks any self-awareness, which is evident if you use social media. Another question is whether they were stressed or depressed when they took the initial test, which would obviously influence how sociable or emotional they see themselves. Ideally you'd answer questions as "how you are general" not "how you're feeling right now or would like to see yourself as". Some people can't even follow simple IKEA assembly instructions, let alone fill out hundreds of self-reflective questions with nuance.

I agree with your second point. I believe Enneagram tests are a lot more accurate and in-depth because of it. No way no how will you be Enneagram 7 one day and then Enneagram 9 the next. I've been an Enneagram 5 since I was 5 years old.

I would disregard the idea that MBTI is immutable. People change with life experience, but certainly not over the course of six months in most cases. MBTI should be seen as a snapshot of who you are and have been, say, in the past 2 years.

>Some people can't even follow simple IKEA assembly instructions, let alone fill out hundreds of self-reflective questions with nuance.

That is a huge issue though in psychology. Inventories are designed not only with questions that determine the values in question, but also correct against how humans perform.

Case-in-point; depression inventories tend to do very well at determining if someone has clinical depression, even if people lie or downplay their answers on the questions. Part of proper testing methodology is to be able to assess actual truth vs. what the person puts down on paper. This is a knock against MBTI testing, not for people acting like humans.

>I would disregard the idea that MBTI is immutable.

I agree that personality changes over life, but you are contradicting Myers-Briggs and Jung. It creates a really uncomfortable position of defending an inventory in which the authors believe and have stated personality can't change meaningfully. Battling both Myers-Briggs (with the immutability) and the general psychological community (which says it is worthless) is a pretty ballsy play.

It's a marketing scheme, don't buy into that retarded bullshit.

Freudian psychoanalysis also works, as does CBT and DBT if you want the patient to be normal according to society. Unfortunately the societal normal is itself a neurosis and therefore these techniques are feeding another cancer of the mind, only this time society accepts it because it's considered normal. Psychoanalysis also introduces its own neurosis as the psychoanalyst provides an authoritarian control system which will feed existing or create a new neurosis in the patient.

MBTI tries to take Jungian psychological traits and force a mathematical system, based on self-evaluation, on top of it. Of course it's going to have its flaws when used in this fashion as the mind is not a mechanism. However, the foundational Jungian principles of human personality which the MBTI is based has merit and are traits which Jung witnessed throughout his career. This is why some people have been able to understand the personality which they are evoking.

MBTI has also grown exponentially from its original iteration and all of the criticisms which you have mentioned have been addressed. Even though these criticisms have been addressed, the MBTI is still flawed as I mentioned earlier. Jung mentioned we have all of these traits within us but we consciously evoke a certain set more regularly while other traits are locked within the shadow within the unconscious, waiting to be encountered as life progresses. So in reality we're all types yet favor a set of trait over others. However, during times of stress and upheaval someone's personality can flip completely the other direction as the shadow comes to the surface.

I'm indifferent to any rigid system of personality inventory or psychoanalysis but people can decide what works for them. I have no desire to control what other people want to take solace in for self-discovery.

>I agree that personality changes over life, but you are contradicting Myers-Briggs and Jung. It creates a really uncomfortable position of defending an inventory in which the authors believe and have stated personality can't change meaningfully.
At what age does Myers-Briggs suggest that people take the test? Because a 14 year old will change a lot more over the course of a year than a 50 year old.

I also don't trust the psychological community because nowadays many of them run their experiments with samples taken from Amazon's mTurk, where people are paid $0.50 to take a 10 minute test and will get screened out if they happen to say the "wrong" thing and then not get paid at all. That is, the samples will either select the first or quickest option on the test or will lie to not get screened out. Say, a test asks if you went through trauma. You say yes, then they will ask you to write a paragraph about it. Then they will ask another question right after and samples will answer "no" just so they don't have to write another paragraph for that half a dollar. Then these experiments get shared and parroted everywhere on the internet. Kind of like how MBTI is worthless.

>MBTI has also grown exponentially from its original iteration and all of the criticisms which you have mentioned have been addressed.
You are aware that as a tool, MBTI is 100% dead in every area of psychology save I/O? There is no ongoing research whatsoever from the greater psychological community outside of the MBTI in-group.

>I have no desire to control what other people want to take solace in for self-discovery.
I don't give a shit either if people read their horoscopes, but they should be well aware the limitations of what precisely they are reading into, especially when many give credence to something which is honestly based only on expert opinion.

If the MBTI was worthless people wouldn't be finding worth in it. It may be worthless to you though, which is perfectly fine. I also thought bitcoin was worthless at .33; others didn't.

If horoscopes are worthless people wouldn't be finding worth in it. It may be worthless to you though, which is perfectly fine. I also thought PowerBall was worthless; the Jackpot winner didn't.

I argued the complete opposite. It's not worthless. I'm saying the "community" says it's like a horoscope, but then the same community uses mTurk to get results for their experiments which they claim is as reliable as samples taken through a traditional method. That is, not at all.

I almost bought $10 worth of Bitcoin when they were $0.0001 per coin, went to check out, but trusted what the "community" I was part of thought about Bitcoins (they thought it's stupid and worthless) and decided to not hit submit. Welp.

MBTI lives on without institutional psychology moving the chains. I decided to look into it recently so I have seen how far different people and groups have taken it. Regardless of its acceptance in the academic world, people who believe it works for them are keeping it more than alive.

Something women love to do is label things.

This allows them to have a sense of control over people. The original label is the name. Then you label the groups/community they belong to. Label their fashion sense. Label their personality. Go as deep as you can.

A woman feels more comfortable, the more intricately she can label something. It provides her a comfortable sense of "insider/outsider" and helps her navigate her environment.

OP, if you're obsessing over this stuff, you are probably insecure somewhere in life. On a hunch (since you're struggling to label your personality) I assume it has something to do with a man, or rather lack of man in your life?

In any case, try to view yourself an an individual for a while. A super-individual with no labels. Liberate yourself then start again.

I don't even know what those labels are, that you wrote are about, but obviously that group has something you desire. So distance yourself from all groups and work on your insecurity. Because it's your insecurity that's the driving force behind your label-hunting.

Attached: 1519114160762.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

>F
No.
Honestly, though, don't be a degenerate and you're alright.

awwww who's a good wittle snakey wakey?????

Myers-Briggs test is a meme used to save money by schools so they can can hire less school counselors. It's essentially an alternative horoscope. If you want more accurate insight on your personality, I'd talk to a professional on personality-psychology and find out where you stand in the 5-factor model of personality.
t. clinical therapist

Attached: Personality.png (1290x670, 249K)

INTP masterrace reporting in

Attached: 1538726584294.jpg (332x328, 27K)

ENTJ masterrace reporting in. I am the guy you accidentally defer to even when you meant not to.

Attached: MBTI ENTJA.jpg (800x1256, 300K)

reminder that if you're an E you need to get the fuck out of 4chin

I test extrovert on personality tests because I like attention but in reality I have all the classical traits of being an introvert.

>Plain intp is shit
>intp/entp is best type OwO

Attached: F15AE550-5AC9-45C6-A80D-464BAB406D64.jpg (244x206, 8K)

You are a cute harmless little thing

Because introverts are special snowflakes and you want to pretend to be unique for attention

>butthurt autists pretending that being introverted is somehow a positive

It's not even rare.

Attached: MBTI-dist.jpg (800x1220, 156K)

I know that feel. I got into being "extroverted" as a way to control conversations. I realized at some point in high school that if you do all talking, no one will interrupt you to bring up a subject you don't want to talk about. If you keep asking them how their life is going they'll never ask you about the things that make you self conscious.

Everybody thinks I'm outgoing, sociable, and the center of attention but I really just do it for neurotic reasons. I often make up excuses to stay in because I'd rather be alone all day. I don't want to see my gf more than 3 days a week, I have no idea how this could ever translate to a working real relationship that goes somewhere more.

>Freud
Cringe.

In my case I think I'm just a pretty even mix. My introversion worsened during a years-long depressive period and part of dragging myself up out of that included relearning how to be outgoing.

It's certainly true that I genuinely like attention and that I know how to get it. I can control a conversation or a group of people in most cases. The real trouble is that I don't really know what to do with the attention once I've got it. It mostly just makes me feel awkward and then I have to spend energy hiding that too.

pls do not stereotype INFJs

>pls do not stereotype submissive little sensitive creatures