How do you know when you've found The One

How do you know when you've found The One

Attached: DX0HPOKX4AE9cA1.jpg (300x300, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/kyGv0Fy.gifv
youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5ZD0yUKec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Normally it takes a while to register but its along the lines of when you are attracted to someone physically but instead of wanting to fuck their brains out you would rather lay there and stare into their eyes.

There’s no “One.” There’s just “I’ve been through enough and I’m ready to settle.”

There ya go, it was when I wanted to stare her in the eyes WHILE I fucked her brains out that I realized I wasn't really interested in dicking women as much as I was in dicking her so good her legs stopped working proper.

It's somewhere between obsession, possessiveness and a wholesome desire to see them flourish.

The One is a bizarre myth. Each person is liable to have a number of people they could spend their life with.
I think it's a bad way to think because it promotes obsessive thoughts and actions and means that people end up hurting themselves and others trying to make sub-optimal relationships work.

T. Edgelord

Based and lifepilled. Are you over 30?

You don't because the classification of "The One" is entirely subjective and not in the least way objective therefor you're a huge fag for thinking that a Hollywood meme has any basis in real life besides when 14 year olds say they love each other and then try to cut/suicide when they break up.
Stop rebranding your failures as other people not being "le uno" and go find someone that makes you happy.

Yeah. Oldfag here. Done the oneitis, done the Chad pump and dump, done the LDR - did all that shit. Finally just had enough and settled down.

When you want to have sex with her/him, but you want to do it with them BECAUSE it's them, not because it's sex.
Like, wanting to have sex because you love them, not just because you want sex.

That could be based, but that's what I think personally.

The One is such a myth. Why can't you get along with a large percentage of people? You can't be that different.

The words are edge, the underlying messsage is kino.

Unhealthy meme.

Expecting The One:

-blinds you to objectively suitable candidates
-makes you pine x2 while incel
-makes you regret x10 when older and realized you missed a good one.

You have too much disney and popsong live in your media diet. Suggest stop and watch Downton Abbey.

You are not marrying just prince charming, you are marrying dragon dowager harming.

Advise helmet and asbestos. Fairy tale frillies have no mobility.

I'm a pretty odd person and I felt really lonely all my life. When I met him, I felt at home. I never felt uncomfortable or out of place.
I try to find excuses to stop talking to most people, I'd talk to him for days.
I never felt particularly aroused around guys, but he turns me on so much.
I love being alone, but I miss him the second he leaves.
I never wanted to get married, because I thought that promising someone to be by their side forever was dumb, but I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.
I'm scared of everything, but when he's with me I feel like I can do everything.
He makes everything fall into place, everything make sense.

It all settled in one night. We were sleeping next to each other, he had a nighmare and looked for me in bed. He cuddled up next to me and slept like a baby for the rest of the night.
I couldn't sleep and just cried because it was so beautiful that he relaxed so much when in my arms.

Been together a few years now, still think he's the one.

i.imgur.com/kyGv0Fy.gifv
>show above video to bf
>he agrees with me that the girl did nothing wrong and the dude wholly deserved it
That's how it is for me.

>watch Downton Abbey
Do they marry out of convenience?

>I never wanted to get married, because I thought that promising someone to be by their side forever was dumb, but I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

My exact experience as well, too bad it's over now

Attached: umbrella.jpg (868x1024, 268K)

There is no such thing as “the one”
If that was the case I would be rather odd that most “the one”s are in vicinity of where you live and also more or less same social status as you.
Just try to think logically you naive fuck.

When they're gone.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5ZD0yUKec

Right around this moment.

Attached: giphy (6).gif (243x208, 1.87M)

This is bullshit and is why the divorce rate is so high. Stop propagating this idea.

The divorce rate is probably higher because people think there is such s thing as “the one”. You a clearly a teenager

>countless millions on Earth
>literally too many for your brain to physically comprehend
>only one of them is a true match for you

It's the kind of ignorance that you see in high school; the kind that screams of how little of the world these people know and understand.
There isn't 'one.' Sorry. There's a lot, and you have to choose.

God, I'm crying like a faggot.
Fuck. This was painful.

when you find yourself forgiving things you wouldn’t normally forgive i guess.

I'm 32.

I'm totally fine with there not being "the one," but acting like settling is in any way a good thing is absolutely terrible advice. You don't NEED to get married. If you're not at least passionate about the person, don't lock yourself into this bullshit.

I completely agree that you're never going to get 100% perfection.

Yeah got me too. Someday we all get hit with the feels. I find just trying to enjoy all the moments you can with em is best. If there's a person that makes you happy then be happy with them.

You confuse settling down with giving up... if you’re 32, please start reading more. Or listen to educational podcasts or something

"Settling" means a lot of things though, it's proof of that kind of superficial attachment that you're not willing to take it for what it means. My girlfriend was far from perfect when we started, and I was too; but over seven years we've worked at it, communicated our problems and desires, and approached roadblocks and both our pasts and futures with level heads and the intent to resolve it for the best of both worlds.

And that's really just what it is. A relationship is like, a lot of that immediate effect early on but as time goes on, it's more about what you've built with that person. So, 'settle' is more like 'make sure you're not passing up good opportunities to chase fantasies.' A lot of people nowadays get lost in the 'idea' of a relationship or a partner and that's bad, because A) that's what abusers take advantage of and how Stockholm syndrome starts, and B) most people do not, in fact want someone who can't fund an equal power dynamic. While the internet has us believing all sorts of maddening 'truths,' the thing is that it doesn't mean it's like some sort of epidemic. Tons of people just want a nice, comfortable relationship that doesn't cause them undue stress, worry or fatigue.

But that's a whole 'nother story. The thing about 'The One' is that that's really just a fantasy. The thing about 'settling' is that it's more a warning against missing the forest for the trees-- you fixate on all these things 'you want' and you'll miss the things you already have. It's all very metaphorical and Disney-sounding but seriously, it holds. Fixation bad.

God that got away from me

Unironically this.

I guess I'll rationally talk through it for the sake of it, but "settling" generally tends to mean "not getting what you want and accepting you'll never have it" here. Too many threads about people feeling like they're useless because they're virgins, or how their lives are meaningless unless they marry and have babies.

The truth of the matter how I see it, and this is just a difference in our viewpoints, is that people are too afraid of the unknown. Whereas you extoll the virtues of how long you and your girlfriend worked on things to make them comfortable, there's others who think that "something is better than nothing," and that somehow they're broken for not being in a relationship. They acquiesce to this being life, get complacent, and then get fat and old together, becoming more roommates than lovers, and they've lost time they can't get back.

I've seen passionate marriages, and I've seen the marriages of convenience/fear... I know both exist. The second ones are almost always depressing to watch, much less what they must be like to live in. The light has gone from both people's eyes... and that eventually leads to infidelity, divorce, or both.

Staying with something just because it's comfortable isn't really a good idea, and I think it's bad to pass on that kind of mindset to people here who are depressed and prone to wanting just comfort instead of happiness.

Motherfucker that got me hard

Attached: 1528059281913.jpg (1253x1444, 580K)

Listen to this guy kids. He knows what he's saying

Are you sure you aren't just a pleb? You can do all those things at various, various levels. Though obviously you wouldn't enjoy them at the pleb levels.

You can't see how beautiful something is without having an idea of how bad it can be.
There are lots of beautiful people and whether it's the one or the ones I'm just glad they exist.
Do what makes you happy.

Convenience being one factor; societal pressure is as powerful a motivator as ILikeBrunettes.

What i am trying to get at is, there will be hurdles for every match, and unique challenges as things progress.

Even if you legit got The One - doubt - it does not mean you wont disagree or quarrel about banal things like money.

No, this is true. What really makes people ragequit marriage is they believe *theirs* is not The One, and if it gets too hard in this marriage, rerolling to get a perfect 20 The One is an option. This thinking raises the bar beyond realism: to be The One means you can never be an asshole, careless, weak. That is 99.9999% of the human race, and the last bit not included are highly cultivated volcel or amoebacels.

Get ready to make sacrifices. Be The One for your SO, and they'll have a reason to try be The One for you.

But before that: makesure you are not picking an asshole.

Generous (to you) and honest are good markers to screen out fuckers. All other The One traits can be cultivated.

Pls if you are female, recognize that once past 23 there are no more Bad Boys, only Evil Men.