I want to move to Sweden and get a job there, as an American. Does any one have any advice? Will this be extremely hard?

I want to move to Sweden and get a job there, as an American. Does any one have any advice? Will this be extremely hard?

I am learning Swedish and I have a bachelors in audio engineering and IT work. I’m also learning how to program. I am 25 years old.

I have some friends in Sweden (met them when they studied abroad in my college). But I’m Chinese in ancestry. I have no family or anything else in Sweden. I have never been there.

I don’t know why I want to move to Sweden. I always had this thought in the back of my mind that I want to move there. Even before I met my Swedish friends. I just feel that something is calling me to go to Sweden.

The USA is alright, but I don’t have anything tying me here. I have no SO. Just family and friends in America that I’m willing to leave behind. Any thoughts?

Attached: se.png (580x363, 595)

If you don't have a EU passport it will be hard.

I looked up how to get an EU passport and since I don't have any family in the EU, it looks like my only real options are to marry someone or get a job/residency.
I have some skills and job experience, so maybe a company will like me enough to sponsor me? If it is hard, I am willing to try. I might be crazy but i do want to do this

Your best bets will be marriage, or working for a multinational back home and asking for an internal transfer to Sweden.

I'm definitely not going to marry anyone, so I will try the multinational thing. Thanks! i'll also keep applying to jobs there on the miracle chance they want me. after my swedish gets better, of course

I would recommend at least visiting once before trying to find a job and move there, sight unseen. It sounds like you you only have a vague understanding of what the country is like.

You are right, I will try to visit once. I don't know what the country is like. I know it's probably as safe as it is here but that's it. i've traveled to many other different countries (all asian though) and I guess i like to throw myself into situations and figure them out

Sweden is a leftist hellhole full of pakis and rape gangs.

>sweden

Let's have minute of silence and pay respect to this country. It's dead.

>leftist hellhole
Yes
>full of pakis and rape gangs.
No. Fuck off, American Jow Forums virgin.

He is right. Good luck. We warned you.

It can't be any worse than it is in america?

I'm guessing by leftist you mean stuff like 'abortion rights, lgbt, feminism'? I'm not very political and don't really give much of a fuck

>It can't be any worse than it is in america?
Only if you knew darling.

You are a 16 year old American who has never left his home state. There is a reason why you Jow Forums virgins are not welcome here.

Im slavic. As i said good luck. You will see yourself.

OP here, not the one calling people /pol virgins but I'll look into this

I mean I lived in san francisco for a while so it seriously can't be worse than it is there

He has never been to Sweden so you should not take his advice.

dont worry. I’m going to look it up myself and make decisions on what to believe. Slavic isn’t swedish but i dont think i have to worry about the leftists

Go for it.
While learning Swedish is critical for your eventual integration, you will get far if you are competent at English, as most everyone speaks it fluently.
IT stuff is popular around here, so you will be able to find work with little effort.
If you go for the job visa, make sure that everything is managed properly, the migration board can be touchy with small inconsistencies in your IRS reports. This includes documents filed by your employer, so try to take an extra interest in those things.

Americans have it far easier fitting in here, especially if you pick a university town like Uppsala or Umeå to start in, where there are lots of internationals about.

Good luck.

Fuck off yankee, we're full.

Don't more to Sweden. Taxes are extremely high and will continue to rise because of all rapefuges that are taking over the country.

The whether is cold most of the year.

Women are feminists that believe men should do everything for them while they get fat, laying on the sofa.

There's nothing here that is making it worth to move here.

Wouldn't recommend moving here, this country is going down the drain. Aim for norway.
Source: är svensk, det här landet suger.

Attached: 1550187529481.gif (600x600, 1.96M)

it one of the more expensive places to live other than that good luck.

thanks, i've heard stuff about Sweden getting bad. I think Norway sounds nice, I will look at it too. I'm still in the beginning of learning swedish, so I guess I should make a decision before going any further.

Well, i don't mind cold and I love winter sports and am very fit. I'm also a woman. I thought many swedes exercise and do winter sports? Since when did they become lazy and fat? I don't want to get raped though...the government isn't going to do anything about the rapefugees?

It's notoriously difficult to get residency as a skilled worker (ironically), your best bet is a position advertised via EURES. Being American you'll be seen as a solid potential employee, and your qualifications won't be a problem.

>But I’m Chinese in ancestry
Have you considered Finland instead? People won't even realise you're not Finnish.

Are you cute? I'll marry you for your visa.