Chill Thread #4

It's Tuesday my dudes, welcome to another chill thread!

How was your Monday? Are you looking forward to a good or a bad week? Want to just talk?
Post about whatever you feel like posting, I'll try to reply to everyone.

Previous 'no one uses Jow Forums on the weekends' thread: I won't start this time because not much has actually happened since the last thread. weekend was boring and Monday was mundane.
I also have a discord, will post an invite if requested.

Attached: 71671791_p0.png (1412x1412, 3.73M)

bump?

I rather have the Discord. Since this seems like a chat thread and not anything about advice

Chatting and advising are both things that can happen when people have a conversation, and previous threads had plenty of people being given advice to, but I'll take that into consideration for future threads.

Attached: Nuclear Shrine 4_01_01.png (997x997, 485K)

keep these threads going op, if i had noticed it earlier i wouldve contributed, this is exactly the kind of thread i was looking for

I try to, but it seems like today is going to be another slow day. Come by later and post if you feel like it.

>be Monday
>go to work
>one-hour commute
>nobody is there
>i don't have the keys to the office
>despair.jpg
>go back home
>one-hour commute again
>lost two hours
>work from home
>ihatethis.png
>6pm
>the lads want to go to the bar
>savedtheday.jpg
>agree to go
>ask for meetup time
>no definite answer
>leave home at 7pm
>arrive at 7:30, as per usual
>no one's here
>cannot call anyone because no phone
>wait
>no one
>wait more
>check time at the train station clock
>8:30pm
>they cancelled but didn't tell me
>go back home
>lost another two hours
Some days make me feel like I shouldn't have come out of bed

Yah that's fucked user but you shouldn't throw yourself at stuff like that.
I do one-hour commutes too and that's why it's imperative for me to always stay on top of things and never go to arrangements that weren't solidly agreed upon by the people going. In this day and age people love to suggest meet ups but never have the back-bone to organize things properly or facilitate said organization; so they end up flaking.
Also user, you should really get a phone, get yourself one for like 10€ and you're set.

hi op, i'm still a neet fag. i tried to get a job but social anxiety prevents me from that.. got any tips to get over being scared of people?

The only way to get over social anxiety is to interact with people and to not take the result of said interactions negatively even if the interactions itself went wrong.
You can't learn from your mistakes if you're not open towards making them, so if you don't talk to people while supressing your anxiety you'll never get better without getting professional help.
It's alright to be awkward and to be shy and to feel as if the interactions you have with people don't end well sometimes, but starting to feel anxious about your next interaction because it could end in failure is unhealthy user.

Anxiety is the very thing we're trying to prevent I the first place. Just saying "it's ok to be anxious" is a non-answer.

yes but it's hard for us to approach people and talk to. also is kinda right

Anxiety is a vicious cycle, if you can't break out of the loop by reversing the feedback trend of negative interactions and the anxiety you build from thiking about having them you'll never get over it.
A lot of people don't deal with this early on in life and build it up until they're old enough to get a job and are past the point where people are relatively approachable (school).

There's no miracle cure that I can offer because at the end of the day I'm not the one that has to do the work to cure it, and it's not that simple. It's about reversing a behavioural trend which is deeplu rooted into an individual.
I got over it by thinking rationaly about the problem instead of feeding off of what my body told me. This probably won't help though since if you could just do that you'd have been cured long ago.

Just seek professional help desu, if you were in school it would be much easier because you're pretty much forced to socialize with people. But as a NEET who doesn't even have a job your odds of overcoming it by yourself are pretty slim unless you actually achieve progress towards curing it by having social interactions. If you can't get professional help because no job then get on welfare or look for free sessions in your city.

>that's fucked
>people love to suggest meet ups but never have the back-bone [...] so they end up flaking
You're pretty extreme dude
It's not like I'm mad or depressed about it or anything; I just thought sharing my Monday misadventures might get a smile out of someone, not indignation

>I just thought sharing my Monday misadventures might get a smile out of someone, not indignation
And that's alright mate, but seeing how you've spent 4 hours commuting because you got flaked by your boss and your friends reminds me of similar situations that have happened to me.
Plus, it's not like emotion is transparent through text, I thought you were more pissed off then your second post suggested and you thought I was way more pissed off by my use of language.

At the end of the day I'm just trying to relate to your post and misunderstandings such as these can only be resolved by talking about them.

Another day of work, another day of impossibly rushed deadlines followed by frustration by my boss because he's a poor communicator and immature.

Not a bad guy, just needs to grow up and learn there's only so many hours in the day, and not everything can be done yesterday. Sick and tired of turnaround times on projects that aren't in the days, but the hours.

Kinda my fault for accepting a lesser position somewhere though.

There's a big gap between executives and the people working under them, especially when bosses and managers don't understand anything about the job and just want it done as fast as possible.
The only thing that you can do is complain to him in a respectful and constructive manner about his deadlines being unrealistic, it probably would help if you can get other employes backing you up too.

Alternatively search for a better job, there's always new jobs poping up in the market so if you find something that fits you better I'd recommend taking that offer.

I generally feel good lately.
But I wish I didn't have disturbing or stressful dreams so often, since I always remember them and they become burdensome.

Life is going incredibly great, but I’m always “looking over my shoulders”.
Just wonder when that metaphorical bus is gonna hit me.

I used to be a much bigger executive than him... this is a small business. I'm actually only here in a contract/consulting role, but they lost the rest of their team so I've stuck around to help out since I only have to be there three times a week.

I've tried being constructive with him, but no dice. It's not that big of a deal though, it'll be over before I know it, and I'll be stuck at some company with bigger problems.

Stuff having to do with dreams can usually derive from your sleeping habits and routine. Try not using electronics one hour before you go to bed (read a book or something instead), try to go to bed consistently at a set time, try to minimize the times that you wake up during the night for things like water or going to the bathroom and when you're having bad dreams try to realize that you can 'control' them in order to mitigate most of the bullshit that your subconscious mind comes up with. A better sleeping experience and a good life means less bad dreams.
As for feeling uneasy about things that might go wrong I'd recommend logically asserting that the probability of said things happening is low and that you'll most likely be fine just like the strangers around you aren't getting hit by buses. That sort of paranoia can really become a strain on you, get over it so that you can better enjoy life.

Also, not sure why you're larping as two different people but whatever.

That's the spirit! Stay strong user!

Probably because it's two different people you derpy moron.

The number of posters was 7 before they both posted, so unless someone asked for advice again I'm more inclined to believe they're the same person, especially given how little apart their posts are in time.

At work at a job I hate that my friend got me. It's only temporary and the times are decent. What kind of shit-tier jobs can I get with my meme degree of double major in English and Philosophy.

Anyone got advice for me? I posted this

Do the acting thing. You can always go back to trade school. And trade school doesn't take too long usually. My brother is in a trade school bootcamp thing (studying to be an electrician I think) and its only supposed to take him 1 year of studying and then get him 4 years of apprenticeship. Regardless, you already know what your answer is. Also, I remember people telling you the same thing from the last time you posted on Jow Forums

Probably some government job like a librarian or any job that requires no skills but demands that workers have a college degree. Checking what your college says about what your course's employability is might also help.

I think you should go for it as long as it's still realistically possible, it would otherwise be counterproductive to just give up without getting the diploma unless you want to save money.

Apparently, librarians in my country need to do a masters in library technician or some shit now. but I get what you're saying. I've been looking at government websites but they're mostly looking for trades and people with a dickton of experience.

Try sending out CV's anyway and physically looking for a job in said places. Because you have both an English and a Phylosophy degree you could also try looking for work in publishing.

Yeah you're right. I need to be more proactive, despite what I think I'm qualified for. Next time I have a day off, I'll pass my resumes around government job areas i suppose. Thanks man, I really appreciate the responses. I thought my question seemed kind of stupid, given my area of degree.

I got over my depressive episode of last week and actually went to class yesterday instead of parking in the lot and laying in my car for 2 hours! Feelin that positive vibe but also worried about when depression will strike next

If you missed a week of classes because of a depressive episode then you should probably seek professional help user.

Hey guys do you know a place where people can just talk online. Like a chat room but one that has a good vibe like here

It was one day of classes, not the entire week. I had my appointment with my therapist yesterday and we talked over in-the-moment anti-depression strategies. Considering I was suicidal in November I’m pretty stoked that I was able to rebound a small episode on my own.

I see, that's good then user, but you shouldn't worry so much about depression, just try to get a little bit over it every day and if you have an episode try applying what your therapist said so you rebound faster.

I have a discord server, but it would be counterproductive to post an invite in the OP or people wouldn't post here as much; but I'm done for today so I won't post for the next ~12 hours.
>Here's an invite (lasts for 12 hours): /BGbNSN

That's it for today, thanks to everyone that posted, see you tomorrow.