Following on from yesterday's thread, what advice do you guys have for someone moving from a city to a small...

Following on from yesterday's thread, what advice do you guys have for someone moving from a city to a small, semi-rural town?

What is your general experience of living in a city VS living in a smaller town or village?

Attached: rural_house.jpg (259x194, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IncelTears/comments/anx9y5/women_love_being_sexually_harassed_by_chad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The bad: long drive to the grocery store or lumberyard. Small town people will be minding your business, it gets old.
The good: little to no Africans.

Don't small isolated towns in the US typically have a culture of not prying into each other's business? A strong wall makes a good neighbour and all that?

Used to live in Helsinki in an apartment, noise all the time, had to ride the metro which got packed at times, now I live in rural Minnesota, I can shoot deer in my back yard, I have a garage that I can fit not only my car but the motorcycles as well, seem to have a lot more time for reading and relaxing. I think rural life is best life. Might just be stages of life tho. though.

Each town has their good and bad neighbors, just gotta know who to avoid, a lot of small towns are dry tho, so if your a fan of liquor or a bar seen your out of luck.

The phrase here in the states is "good fences make good neighbors". But small towns are notorious for everyone being in each others' business.

Re: the "dying small towns" problem, I hypothesize the following: what's needed for a small community to thrive is strong bonds between, and strong support structures for, members of that community. A good way to achieve this would be to concentrate the construction of dwellings in a small area, as is the case in lots of villages in Europe; if the people are close together, able to easily access each other, see each other all the time, etc., they will naturally form closer bonds. Beyond this, local support structures would also be very beneficial - childcare for working mothers, sports and recreation groups, some kind of alms dispensation apparatus for the needy, etcetera.

The problem is that as soon as you construct these sorts of things, parasites (read: niggers) flood into the area. In due course the niggers nig about (making the concentrated dwellings an undesirable area to reside) and ungratefully suck up communal resources (causing people to stop contributing to those support structures), which leads to the situation we observe in most rural areas today: a bunch of atomized homestead-esque properties where you need a car to do anything. The public spaces which haven't been left to wither entirely become habitated by loitering niggers. So you get what we see today, a bunch of strip malls and single family dwellings strung together by county roads, with consequently extremely limited opportunities for communal development or mutual support

But in rural areas there is no job. Making long journeys to work in the city must be a headache, unless you are retired or a nerd who works from home

How they legislate that? Does the mayor decide?

I wrote a long reply, but it was deleted as spam.

The gist of it was that country towns are more peaceful, slower moving, maybe less chance of making new friends, but you also have space for hobbies such as shooting, gardening or woodworking. It might get lonely if you've got no woman.

Sorry to hear that, and thanks for posting. Do you live in rural Sweden?

That's what church is for.

>maybe less chance of making new friends
I kinda disagree with this, I find in cities people take friends for granted. When I moved to a rural area, I was surprised at how many dudes seemed "thirsty" for a friend to hang out with, no homo.
Theres a lot less self-segregation in small towns too. People that dont get along will still hang out together, because lack of options.

I grew up in a rural western nation, now live in a small city in Sweden (don't do this).

It depends on the size of the town. Some towns are completely devoid of some generations. I do agree that the friendships are much tighter in the countryside though, everyone is much more willing to help each other.

Do you mean rural western region?

And the cities in Sweden that I've seen outside of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmo seem quite nice (on google maps at least). Ystad and Visby seem like comfy places to live, though I guess they're towns not cities.

Speak for yourselves please. Seems my town has plenty of beer. I don't know where these "dry" small towns are. When new to a small town, act friendly towards people, they are more receptive to it than urban folks. Unless you're in a rough rural area rough people wont be welcoming. Also, dont forget to dress down a little. I worked in fashion for years and when I go back to my small town I always remember to dress down a little. Otherwise people will find you offputting and aggressive.

I mean I'm not Swedish, but I live here. I'm in a town, but it's pretty crappy. Swedes aren't particularly open people, but that's beside the point.

Are you the lad in Uppsala who eats cheese from Snowdonia?

No, I'm much further north. Not really a fan of cheese either.

>reddit.com/r/IncelTears/comments/anx9y5/women_love_being_sexually_harassed_by_chad

do swedish womyn open day legs?

IMAGINE BELIEVEING HUMANS EVOLVED FROM MONKOIS? WE WUZ GEERRILLAS OOOH OOHH AAHAAH

I don't know, I'm not single. It's a shame to see the whole 'independent wahman' thing here though, as the women truly are beautiful.

Is it possible to live off the land in northern Sweden, considering the snow? How did inland villages survive back in the day?

Great question. It snows at least 6 months of the year, so most fruits and veg have to be transported in. Hunting is a pretty popular culture here, as is fishing. I'm guessing the nordic diet was mostly meat with seasonal berries and potatoes.