Why aren’t you anons growing a little garden?

I have two garden plots in my yard, and in one plot I just threw a bunch of winter vegetable seeds in, broadcast style, around Thanksgiving. Now I am getting a daily harvest of turnips and radishes, and it was nearly free!

If SHTF you will need a garden. Apartmentcucks will not make it unless you can grow in a container on your depressing patio.

Attached: 5C9B4505-57D7-4BFC-9351-73CE40B23291.jpg (3264x2448, 3.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0o26mC8hJZY
rareseeds.com/de-18-jours-radish/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracleum_mantegazzianum
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CAN I GROW BURGERS IN A GARDEN

Attached: Average_American.png (1200x1200, 54K)

Well it looks like Jews don’t like gardening.

>It's a lot of work
>It's too hot
>The rabbits will eat it.
>The bugs will eat it.
>The mosquitoes will eat me.
>The soil is probably contaminated with harmful chemicals anyways.

Attached: 1551670742365.jpg (850x850, 213K)

Gardening is gay

It's not really much work, you just plant the seeds, fertilize the bed every once in a while, and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Good for you user. I have been watching some gardening vids to get stoked up but we still have 4 ft of snow. One of my sheds with my rototiller actually collapsed this afternoon.

I till manually but it's a pain in the ass. I might buy a rototiller myself, costs practically half to rent one anyway.

I am already growing. Its hard work and you should be glad not living in medieval times. There are alternative options for jew hatred, user.

this i aint no woman

Kys dbag. Can’t stand people like you. I bet you can’t even tie knots. Retard

good looking veg, remember to rotate plots for more fertile soil, turnips are great to start with since it cleans nitrogen from soil

>low effort yard
dude... you only need to throw water to those things.

gardening is fun. start with herbs.

Nice going OP, must feel good growing and eating your own stuff
although when I see your pic I realise why modern civilisation needs mechanised agriculture

hard work is its own reward, lazy fucking yid

id rather pay a poor person to do it

Look into Square foot gardening if you have limited space. The yields are pretty good and the book is full of good advice. I had three 4x8foot plots and had to give away the extras my family of four couldn't eat.

What the fuck. Those diakons are pathetic. Your soil is worse than shit and/or you picked them too early

It is one of the most comforting, liberating and positive activities you can have. It is a pity that so few people have access to a garden in our overcrowded cities.

OP's problem is broadcast spreading. With proper space all of them would be big and uniform. OP needs a better system, not modern equipment

needs a good work to maintain one in order, later reading a good book outside... Pure bliss in my opinion.

I grow cat turds in my garden

That really depends on where you live. Square foot won't work where I am because bugs, humidity, fungus. Maybe it would work in the desert or something.

How are you keeping pests Off? Lost my first crop of cucumbers to snail with on ground. Rotating onions through but nowhere near as intensive.

my cat helps my neighbors grow these too

Frost on the ground still

Cuz I live in a concrete box.

My best producer this winter was white japanese turnips. Just yanked them all. Planting some super early sweet corn this weekend.

I grow potatoes and garlic

>says the wagie slaving 60+hrs a week

It was a bunch of mixed seeds I had in a bag. Rather than planting in lines, I just threw them all in. As I harvest, the crops are thinned naturally. It's kind of nice because rather than getting a fuck ton of whatever all within a short time, I get a small harvest of turnips and radishes every day.

>Why aren’t you anons growing a little garden?
Cause its winter, everything is buried under snow, and the ground frost goes down about 4 feet deep...
Is that a good enough reason for you?

STOP GOING ON LIKE YOU ORIGINAL YOU GOD DAMMED PUSSY HOLE.

>person who is afraid of soil detected

ohey

what do you think of microgreens?

yeah so is eating and living, fuck all that stupid shit

Attached: 1538317746997.webm (206x360, 1.59M)

Jews fear the indoor chicken farmer. I'm doing my part.

Are you?

Attached: 1552348582355.jpg (3264x2448, 1.1M)

Imagine the shame of your ancestors

seems like a big effort but they taste good

wtf... H1N1 inbound

Attached: 1516911685090.jpg (640x594, 60K)

At least give them more space while they stink up your house

getting dirt in ur fingernails is manly

They're still young. In about a two weeks I'll let them free range the house.

imagine the smell

wtf, user..

Attached: 8623435.jpg (900x900, 98K)

Keeping your own chickens is based, but don't you have a garden? And a sense of smell?

My local hardware store sells baby chickens for $5

Yes.

I'm moving soon so no time to grow anything, though I did plant some apple seeds in the hopes that the next home owners can enjoy it.

>be me
>move into new house
>what the fuck are all these saplings doing? They’re going to fuck up the pipes & wires around my house if they get any bigger
>chops them down

Based lunatic

I'm trying to grow weed on a micro grow, but shit is hard. I failed sometimes already, my seeds are bad (brick weed seeds), but I'll keep trying.

youtube.com/watch?v=0o26mC8hJZY

Tip to keep critters out-
What you need
>bar soap
>nails and/or ribbon/string
>cheesecloth
>wood stakes

>cut bar soap into chunks about a square inch big
>cut cheesecloth into sheets big enough to wrap soap chunks in plus more to tie
>tie cloth with ribbon
>jam stakes into soil above or near crops
>nail soap bags to stake
Squirrels and rabbits hate the smell and keep away, and it's stronger when wetted

What's with all the weak shilling going on? Surely there must be some hidden danger to farming, some rational reason why people shouldn't do it, not just "lol, farming.."

You never need to till. You can do raised beds or raised rows or the Ruth Stout method, which is just deep mulching. Five years of gardening now and never tilled. My vegetables are legit. I had pumpkins all the way until Christmas.
I love gardening threads. Will answer questions.

Attached: 1552164212755.gif (230x158, 583K)

You need more space, more root growth means bigger yields and make sure your temps are below 78F (around 70 is ideal) and get the 1000 w/m2 and add a little co2 as extra

Also, weed makes you stupid

Dude wtf man. Get those fucking chickens out of there. They want to be free range son. They stink shit up and they can't even lay eggs in there. Get em out.

I can't OP I live in a small shitty apartment. However that's one of my dreams, I always wanted to live the Harvest Moon life harvesting my crops and feeding the livestock

I sprinkle garlic powder and really hot cayenne pepper on and around young corn plants to keep the chipmunks and rabbits away. Also put pinwheels and helium filled balloons in the bed.

More space, opt for hydro, deep water culture, kratky method, or coco coir hydro if you want bigger plants, faster.

>Jews fear the indoor chicken farmer
thanks user

Attached: 2352532352523523.png (334x393, 83K)

It was a decent way away, I live on about 1.5 acres, and it was away from pipes

Gardening is the best. It is based and redpilled. It is the white man's hobby. I currently have tens of thousands of seeds that are non-gmo, heirloom that I saved myself. Even got an old school french carrot called the grenade to go to seed, and now i have thousands of this carrot, which they say is hard to get seeds from. Also ferment your garden vegetables. Makes them tastier, more nutritious, and preserves them too. Just learned about making mead too. Now i have a 1.75L glass bottle in my room filled with honey water. Gunna wait 4 weeks then taste, then bottle again and age another year.

It's really not a bad thing to know how to do

interesting, did not know this.
i don't really have that problem in phoenix, but when i planted beans at my parents' property in Heber, they were eaten as soon as they sprouted.
i have a rosemary plant, a mint, spinach, boston lettuce, chili peppers, and a lime tree. trying to grow gourds, and i have some pinto beans growing as well.
gardening is fun.

Holy fuck I thought chinks were supposed to be smart

You can weaponize your green thumb too
Get seeds of rapidly growing/dangerous plants, form seed bombs with them, and toss them into ghetto yards. They're no go zones to city workers, nogs dont keep their yards tidy.

This year I’m doing ghost train haze, purple kush, 0g18, and lemon diesel.

Attached: 24BDF415-B6C7-4460-B159-91C28A0752A2.png (1080x1920, 3.84M)

I live in London with my parents. They have a garden, but my mum feeds the pigeons enormous amounts of seed, which has attracted rats. The rats would eat anything I attempted to plant.

Instead, I feed ducks on a daily basis at a nature reserve 3 minutes walk away from my home. I've helped raise loads of ducks there. I take my dog with me most days too and she really likes it there.

That place makes me feel really happy, so do the ducks.

Attached: 1544054873073.png (657x527, 44K)

what about keeping insects out?
I planted a sprouting ginger in a side garden we have and it did ok for a few weeks with it sprouting stems and leaves, but a week later I noticed the stems fell down on the ground and I thought this was normal because some new stems were coming out. A bit more time later it kept happening and out of curiosity I took a closer look and the insides of the ginger were hollowed out like something ate it from the inside.
I don't know which insects did this, but the only things I've seen around here are black ants, red ants, termites, millipedes, centipedes, cockroaches

I think I’ll get an allotment.

> "toss them into ghetto yards"
For what purpose? I assume you won't be throwing anything useful in there, don't want to give the fuckers free food or w/e.

Fellow duckbro

Neem oil is good for killing the bugs but not contaminating soils or killing the plants. Also certain plants will help to keep bugs away. Garlic keeps bugs away, so plant it near the plants that are companions with it. Marigolds are good too. Lots of others.

Radishes are a good one too. Here's one that matures in 18 days. rareseeds.com/de-18-jours-radish/
There are a lot of plants that you can pretty much just stick in the ground and neglect as well. My parents have always been big into horticulture, and until last year I didn't want anything to do with it. But now that I've given it a try I'm having too much fun.

Giant hogweed. You get this shit on you and it burns you and makes it so you can't go in the sun anymore. look up pics of people that touch this demon plant.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracleum_mantegazzianum

Attached: Screenshot_25.png (1714x326, 195K)

Baker Creek Seeds are absolute God-tier. They are best seeds. Rocket Arugula is about 21 days. I throw it everywhere.

Yeah I know. Fuckers are everywhere. Nogs would probably think the photo-toxic sap is black magic or something, didn't consider this.

Will look up Neem oil and Marigolds
>Garlic keeps bugs away, so plant it near the plants that are companions with it.
at the risk of sounding really stupid, would that be live garlic or just cloves of garlic?

i live in southwest florida and have wanted to get my farming level up (im at level 10, grinded a few years in new jersey taking care of shrubs/trees, but never have grown anything in my life).

how do i get started? i have a free bit of soil in my backyard against the house.
any tips, friends? im trying to diversify what i do in life. tired of just playing vidya

I missed the "dangerous plants" part. I'm tired. It's all so tiresome.

I already grow veg.
>Potatoes
>Radish
>Onions
>Lettuce
>Sweet peas
>Green beans
>Carrots
>Parsnips
>Even some rhubarb for a crumble

There is nothing more wholesome than seeing your wife hanging the washing in the garden, your kids digging up some veg for you while you get things ready for dinner.

Who the fuck needs money when you have that, it's bliss pol.

Look up a guy named jim kovaleski on jewtube. he farms in Florida in the winter then Maine in the spring, he makes good $$ too.

Are you saying we should spread this in Africa?

>free food
Nah, try Japanese knotweed, giant hogweed, or hybrid poplar. They'll be forced to move further into the city, where the remanants can be safely cleaned, renovated, and white families moved in due to higher prices outpricing nigs

>turnips and radishes

Trash. Why bother? Neither taste good or are are particularly expensive

Grow actual food. Corn. Potatoes. Carrots. Squash. Cucumbers. Learn to can, and store them. That's savings. Tomatoes are dead easy and produce a shitload of fruit. Grow fruit trees.

Turnips and radishes, waste of effort. No gold star or pat on the head. Start a real garden.

true, seem to be good margins to sell too

I live under an over pass and using my begging money to pay for VPN access so I can get on this website through free mcdonalds wifi.

Because I'm not a peasant grubbing around in the dirt.

I don't see the honor in poisoning a bunch of little black kids who are outside to play.

>Rather than planting in lines, I just threw them all in.
So, you basically fed birds with most of them. Grats. At least the birds got fed.

Can confirm, everyone has a windowsill and so should have a herb garden. anyone else /herbsquad/?

diakons are fantastic for the soil and a great crop to rotate with potatoes. They also make fantastic pickles.

The Prince of Wales keeps a garden.
I'm not aware you're even Noble, are you?
You could be a hohenzollern but I doubt it.

Attached: 2bb.gif (311x240, 1.18M)

guerilla garden some veg

spearfishing pal

Attached: 1536637138477.jpg (558x395, 56K)

Never a stupid question. Live garlic. You will want to plant live garlic. Now, I have also heard of leaving garlic cloves, onions, and water in a bucket till it stinks like shit then using that as a bug discouraging method too. Don't know if it works. I just neem oil em, or use sevin dust, or release some chickens to eat them all up.

I grew tomatoes and herbs on the deck in an apartment. You're just lazy.