"Me or the guns"

Well lads it's come down to it. 5 year marriage, 18 month old son, forced to choose between her or my guns. I keep them locked up and only shoot at safe indoor ranges, but somehow our child is still in mortal danger.

What do, Jow Forums. What more can I do to get her to understand.

Attached: 1548570222952.png (668x1002, 285K)

Go back to pol

The guns
That's a shit test if I've ever seen it.

>a mother being irationally over protective of her offspring
Jeez, sure is rocket surgery.

The guns.

tell her, both bitch, take the baby and brandish a weapon at her

Definitely throw away your 5 years of marriage over some hunk of steel you have collecting dust in a safe

The fucking state of your priorities

>collecting dust
>in a safe
dumb cunt

Why not compromise and have a friend hold them for you or keep them at a storage locker? Don't you care about your family and making your wife feel safe and heard? You have a fucking toddler, come on dude

>Definitely throw away your 5 years of marriage over some hunk of steel

I agree, it's poor form for his wife to do that.

Something like 70% of all gun deaths, either suicide or mass shootings and whatever were done with a family members' gun. Even when they were locked up kids are smart enough to find the key or combination.

It's an idiom, dumb cunt

Whatever
Personally I hope she doesn't and then OP's baby eventually shoots him in the dick and then accidentally blows it's own head off which statistics tell us is likely to happen
It's what Darwin would want

I can smell your festering slizz from all the way over here, go take a shower.

Compromise, she does have legitimate concerns, perhaps tell her you'll keep all bullets in a safe in the top shelf of a wardrobe and the guns locked up where they are, that way even if the baby somehow gets a gun, he won't harm himself or anyone else since it has no bullets and if he magically could load it, he can't have the bullets since they are locked in a safe out of his reach.

Logically break it down for her and reassure her that you care just as much about your childs safety around the guns as you are and will ban your friends from bringing anything remotely a weapon or ammo in the house.

>Ben Shapiro DESTROYS liberals using FACTS

>having a wife who has complete trust in the government
wew lad

Not everyone lives in a third world country, amigo.

I'm assuming OP lives in America, which is still plenty of reason to own a gun.

Where did OP imply in his post that he lets his baby around his firearms?
Do you think firearm owners are all rednecks who just leave their loaded guns lying around everywhere in the house?

Gotta stockpile guns to defend yourself from all the other guns, because life is a Keanu Reeves movie.

Why are you choosing Jow Forums of all places to bait?

Not him, but yes for the most part.

Also when the kid grows up he will absolutely want to get into his father's forbidden closet of wonder and mystery. Especially when he grows up reading Le Epic Red Pills on Jow Forums and decides to shoot up his school or a shopping mall because some kids made fun of him one time.

I'm not OP why are you asking me this

Sounds like a shit test.

Because either you're retarded with zero understanding of why guns are needed in America or you're baiting. I'm choosing the latter in good faith.

If this post isn't bait then you and I both understand that this issue is not about the guns and is more about your wife's broader struggles with anxiety. She has an incredible amount of anxiety and the guns are simply the thing she's chosen to represent that anxiety. Don't talk about the guns. Talk about her and her fears and perhaps even softly suggest having her talk to a therapist or counselor. She logically understands that the child isn't in danger but fear and anxiety have very little to do with logic. Forget the guns, she needs some help. And, of course, if you can't solve this in a timely manner with the guns in the house then fucking get rid of them. Get rid of them for your son. Maintaining a stable two-parent household is more important than material items.

That's why you teach the kid how to fire safely as soon as his hands are big enough to reach the trigger. Shame your parents never did that and you're scared to death of a tool.

>Shame your parents never did that and you're scared to death of a tool.
I own several guns and this mentality makes no sense to me. It isn't a tool. Its a weapon. I absolutely 100% agree that gun safety is important whether you own guns or not. I 100% agree that all children of a certain age should be taught what guns are for, how they operate and how to respect them but trying to minimize it by putting it into the same category as a power drill is moronic. The statistics on accidental discharges and injuries that occur as a result of having firearms in a home are what they are. Sure, we can all educate our children take all the safety precautions and go into gun ownership with our best intentions but on a macro scale having guns in your home is an elevated risk. In my experience as a gun owner the people who end up injuring themselves are usually seasoned people who become TOO comfortable with guns and take for granted the fact that they've successfully operated them for years. Errors happen. We can do our best to prevent them but calling a weapon a tool and dismissing people's legitimate anxieties is unrealistic.

You're wrong on this.

OP's wife is testing him.

>implying a wife making such an insane ultimatum to her husband is worth keeping
This is the easiest choice I've ever seen.

>OP's wife is testing him.
That is speculation and very poor speculation at that. I know its convenient for 4channers to believe in this kind of underlying female psychopathy narrative but its just generally delusional. The chances that OP's wife is just struggling with some bad anxiety about her newborn child and is focusing that anxiety at the guns is infinitesimally more likely then the chance that she's some sociopathic monster that is pretending to be someone she's not for the sole purpose of emotionally manipulating him into arbitrarily proving his obediance. Your post is a prime example of why teenagers shouldn't be giving advice.

>maintaining your pride and holding onto a meaningless collection of material items is more important than providing the best possible upbringing for your son possible

>>implying a wife making such an insane ultimatum to her husband is worth keeping
My wife demanded I leave the Navy or she'd leave.
She left anyway after I'd destroyed my career of course. The same thing happened to a coworker in the Army.
Once a woman starts making demands like that, she's just looking for an excuse.

>mother willing to drop the retarded stubborn father who insists on needlessly elevating the risk of their child coming to harm

She is worth keeping desu

Your marriage was bound to fail if you are honestly this unobservant.

>Best possible
>We're all gonna laugh when the whole family gets shot up in a break-in without the guns

A weapon is a subset of a tool, but that's past the point. Women have a predisposition for irrationality (substitute the gun for the power drill, a sharp chisel, or even a safety razor and you'll have the same result). The anxiety is not legitimate, and it is the man's role in parenting to fight off the hysterical mama bear and let the boy grow into a man. When you don't do this and let a woman lead a dominant role, you end up with a manchild who identifies with a collective because he has no individual identity.

Compare the number of people who get killed in armed invasions to the number of people who grow up emotionally stunted and fucked in the head because their parents couldn't get over their petty bullshit long enough to raise their children in a loving home then come back here and talk to us about risk. This is, again, assuming that this break-in happens in a manner in which OP has enough time to get to his safe, open it, load his firearms and escape from the predicament with him and his family unharmed. What irritates me as a gun owner is how so many other gun owners live in this same fucking Rambo fantasy that you do.

Before I address all this retarded shit you said I have a few questions. Firstly, do you own guns? Secondly, how old are you and thirdly have you ever been married?

>Before I address all this retarded shit
Dude, just don't bother lol

>who grow up emotionally stunted and fucked in the head because their parents couldn't get over their petty bullshit long enough to raise their children in a loving home then come back here and talk to us about risk
Holy runons batman
Also this is absolutely always the woman's fault. No child has ended up fucked up due to a strong male role model.
>This is, again, assuming that this break-in happens in a manner in which OP has enough time to get to his safe, open it, load his firearms and escape from the predicament with him and his family unharmed
That's why you keep it loaded on the coffee table, or more preferably on your person. Why would you lock up your vital self-defense tool in a safe?

Address the arguments as they are. I shall not give you give you the opportunity to attack me personally because you can't refute my claims.

>Address the arguments as they are.
You established no arguments. You claimed that all women were prone to being irrational and used that baseless generalizations as validation for your own points instead of any kind of logic or nuance. Proving your own view points by invalidating every other view point is not an argument. Its just childish distraction.

>I shall not give you give you the opportunity to attack me personally
Establishing your credibility is not an ad hominem. If you make a claim about how women behave in relationships or what kind of parenting is required to raise a functional child then finding out whether or not you have any first hand knowledge of the things you speak is 100% valid. I'm assuming you side-stepped this question because you don't actually have an experience with the topic.

>Also this is absolutely always the woman's fault. No child has ended up fucked up due to a strong male role model.
You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Dysfunctional households create dysfunctional children.

>That's why you keep it loaded on the coffee table, or more preferably on your person. Why would you lock up your vital self-defense tool in a safe?
There is a child in the house. Did you not read the thread? Also, as a gun owner, leaving a loaded firearm sitting around your house is not responsible gun ownership. Quite the opposite. Again, you have no clue what you're talking about. Post discarded.

unless you have aked your wife to terminte a hobbie in the same way i dont see why you should surrender your guns, dont give up

I have the guns to protect the family. We live in a rural area miles away from anything even closely resembling a cop.

Attached: 1547846114638.jpg (493x627, 79K)

>married
>can't communicate effectively
How DO you guys even do this?

get a bolted down safe or a reinforced concrete storage room and keep the firearms and the ammo separately

Either let a friend hold em, separate the bullets and the guns, or look your wife in the eyes and tell her these words exactly.

"Obviously I care more about you and my son than some stupid guns, but your use of an ultimatum in order to control me shows an alarming lack of maturity and an inability to see things from my side of the argument that wasnt there at the beginning of the relationship and I therefore I want a divorce because you arent the same from the woman I fell in love with"

And bam! You get to see your son on Thursdays and you get to keep your guns! Win win!

I would divorce just because I don't accept ultimatums in general.

The guns

Wife is seriously overreacting, assuming you're a responsible gun owner

>not carrying your gun with you all day
never gonna make it

Her behavior is really childish. To give someone an ultimatum like this is beyond ridiculous. Is this what she resorted to before trying to talk it over or something?

She is very insecure, you should talk with her about that, and don't compromise the guns.

Do u watch ams by chance fellow sir?

it's logical for her to want to avoid guns in the home, since owning them makes it statistically more likely for one of you to be murdered or take your own life.

>infinitesimally

Attached: 5948498946498.jpg (439x372, 36K)

>statistics tell us is likely to happen
That's not what the statistic means you absolute, utter imbecile.

record your conversations stating how safely you store your guns and how your child can't get to them, make her acknowledge this.
Keep said recording for when she tries stopping you from seeing your kid in the divorce.

>Definitely throw away your 5 years of marriage over some hunk of steel you have collecting dust in a safe
Spoken like the true beta orbiter that you are. If he gives in to silly ultimatums his wife will use it every time she doesn't get her way, she is willing to throw away the safe environment to raise their kid in because she can't stand hearing "no". First it's your guns, then when she realises the cost of what you have sunk into keeping her happy she will start wanting to open the relationship, date other guys and have them meet his kid.

Tell her to fuck off.
t. Jow Forums

>eventually shoots him in the dick and then accidentally blows it's own head off which statistics tell us is likely to happen
I'm going to need sources now, does the baby stay a baby forever until it shoots its dad in the dick then kills itself? it will eventually happen, do fatherless kids ever grow up? are guns the fountain of youth for babies? can babies obtain and operate firearms?
After all it is likely to happen, I want to know of one baby that got into a safe like mission impossible hanging from the umbilical cord and obtains said gun to enact its testicular murder suicide.

Get rid of your guns, faggot.

Got a friend's house they can go to?

Wtf?! I’m forcing my husband to get a gun before we have children

Fuck off jew.

First what you do is go to counseling. Then you enroll in a college statistics class together. Finally you capture that moment when she realize the difference between "statistically more likely" and "my baby is gonna die." Your enemy here is her lack of opportunity to realize she's not got a grasp on the big picture.

>We live in a rural area
okay so what do you have to defend yourself from roaming sasquatches

Someone post a link or a webm of that fucking kid who had a gay pink bandana around his face and livestreamed himself painting the ceiling with his brains using a shotgun lol he was a hot meme on Jow Forums for a while

>a gay pink bandana
no wait it was like rainbow-colored and it wasn't maybe a bandana it was like some anime facemask or something cause I guess he was shy to show his face before he exploded his head off

>Even when they were locked up kids are smart enough to find the key or combination.
Okay that's why you teach your children firearms safety. Should I destroy my car because my child could steal the keys and run over people? I mean Cars kill more than Firearms in the US. Maybe I shouldn't bring my kids to the hospital because medical malpractice kills more than 250,000.

Attached: 1544937309829.jpg (599x708, 42K)

>what are wild animals
>what are burglars who target isolated homes for being easy targets
wew this has to be bait

You don't destroy your car or avoid modern medicine because, I hope, you weighed the value of taking on those risks against the potential harm's severity and odds.

The issue with guns in the home which is being raised is that both of those aspects of the potential harm are high. So when you're doing that comparison you'd want some really big benefit to outweigh that heavy risk. The nature of the benefit (defense of self and family) is huge, but just as with the risk calculation, what are the odds of ever realizing that benefit?

As a professional burglar, I love to drive 8 hours out to a fucking cornfield in the middle of nowhere to steal from one specific house.

I just have to make sure to avoid wild animals that have absolutely no instinctual fear of man. Wild animals will just run up to you and try to eat your eyes.

.45-70govt specifically

Attached: 1548344947305.jpg (500x398, 47K)