How am I supposed to cope with the fact

that women will never be physically attracted to me, and will only ever be with me for social status or money?

I don't want to be resentful about this, but it's fucking hard.

Attached: 6-least-attractive-27-least-attractive-how-men-rate-women-9684934.png (500x631, 44K)

Don't use okcupid.com and that graph won't apply to your life - also stop living your life by gay r9k jpgs

Also
>and will only ever be with me for social status or money?
They won't. Not unless you have Mark Zuckerberg money.

Why do you think someone appreciating your physical appearance is somehow less shallow than appreciating your social status?

Only niggers fell for that. Just quit be a nigger.

I don't know. My appearance is something "I am", my status is just some fleeting state of affairs that can change at any moment.

>some fleeting state of affairs that can change at any moment.

Don't shave or comb your hair for a while, and also stop exercising and let yourself get fat. Stop brushing your teeth too.

You aren't psychic or a mind reader.

Your physical appearance is just a bunch of flesh and bone arranged in a certain way according to your genetics, diet, and physical activity. Most people have less control over their physical appearance than they do their social status. Physical appearance is mostly genetic while social status can be earned through hard work and mental strength. In my opinion judging someone based on their appearance is more superficial than judging them based on their career accomplishments or personality.

what is that supposed to mean?

I mean, my appearance is something that stays relatively consistent throughout the years, while status is something that comes and goes. I get where you guys are coming from ... but then why care about any kind of attraction? (inb4 thats the point)

Not him, but "physical appearance" in the context of how attractive someone is doesn't mean genetic traits like what color their skin or what shape their skull is or whatever semi-permanent traits.

99% of the time all it takes for someone to be attractive is to either put on a bit of muscle or lose a bit of weight and change their hair and maybe even pluck their eyebrows and that's it. Also to smile more, no one likes a dead-eyed bitch-face autist.

You have to derive your sense of value from elsewhere. Everyone can't be a ladies man, try to be super altruistic or the best beyblader or something.

Would you really want to be with a woman who is comfortable fucking a smelly, friendless, ugly man?
Women with standards that low would be comfortable fucking anything, and are therefore not relationship material.

Attached: 1294800473789.png (644x597, 69K)

>my appearance is something that stays relatively consistent throughout the years

You can also drastically improve it or drastically ruin it with relative ease.

Get a therapist. Ugly broke dudes get laid. Wake up, dude.

I bet he's average, but suffers from the big retard.

>I mean, my appearance is something that stays relatively consistent throughout the years
So you're immune to the effects of aging? You're never gonna get wrinkles or gray hair?

>while status is something that comes and goes
Status is gained through being someone who provides things to society. If you're a great scientist, programmer, doctor, a great father, or you're simply just a charismatic guy who makes people laugh, all of these things are things that will increase your social status. Unlike your appearance, which will inevitably decline with age, social status is something that you'll always have as long as you're making contributions to society.

The thing is i'm not friendless, smelly, etc.
I have great conversations with women (as far as I can tell) where we 'connect', and still, they won't put any effort into maintaining a relationship with me. It makes me think they're not physically attracted enough and makes me feel like shit.

I don't know. I suppose I'm partly right but also probably partly bullshitting myself. I just wish I could stop giving a shit.

I was friendless and smelly and still managed to hook up with girls.

>they won't put any effort into maintaining a relationship with me

Why is it up to them? Why are you this wonderful prize catch that they have to reel in?

>Why are you this wonderful prize catch that they have to reel in?

Why am I a piece of shit that, no matter how much value I show in terms of connecting emotionally/understanding them/making them laugh/whatever, they won't ever spend a second thinking about me or put in a modicum of effort to initiate a conversation or hang out?

Isn't feeling valued an essential human thing?

>hey won't ever spend a second thinking about me or put in a modicum of effort to initiate a conversation or hang out?

Again, why is it up to them?

You're waiting for your female knight in shining armor to sweep you up your feet

it's not "up to them" , I'm putting in all the effort upfront and exposing myself to rejection, and after forming some sort of bond, I just want to receive the tiniest signal of interest back, but it doesn't come. Not only do I need to put my head on the chopping block, but I'm supposed to chop it off myself, too.

>I'm putting in all the effort upfront and exposing myself to rejection, and after forming some sort of bond, I just want to receive the tiniest signal of interest back, but it doesn't come.

Oh no, you're that guy

what guy

was thinking the same thing.

didn't you say you wouldn't come back until you found a gf?

I don't really know what you guys are talking about. I guess I share the same pathology as some other user.

The guy who keeps making threads about how he's mentally crippled by a fear of rejection and doesn't know if/when women are interested in him.

Unless you're a completely different guy now with the exact same set of issues.

Well I guess there's at least two of you now.

I'll tell you what I told him, exposing yourself to rejection is not some herculean feat of strength with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I don't even know what you mean by "the tiniest signal of interest" because that other guy had fallen so far off the rails he could have had a naked girl sitting on his lap and he'd still be like DOES THIS GIRL LIKE ME I DON'T KNOW OH MY GOD WHAT IF SHE REJECTS ME WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED WHY IS SHE NAKED WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

why don't you put in a modicum of effort to initiate a conversation or hang out? Why is it on them? You're the one who wants to be with them, right? The balls' in your court.

and really
>Not only do I need to put my head on the chopping block, but I'm supposed to chop it off myself, too.
what's with the dramatic comparison. That's not healthy.

>Well I guess there's at least two of you now.
No, don't fall for it, he pretends like he's someone different every time he gets called out for repeatedly making this thread.

>I don't even know what you mean by "the tiniest signal of interest"

Like, we have a great conversation, and then I sort of back off and wait for them to text me or something (just an example), but like, it doesn't happen. I have to constantly keep up the effort, and it's draining. Like I'm just feeding these women with self esteem while losing my own.

>You're the one who wants to be with them, right? The balls' in your court.

I mean... I also want to be wanted. Is that wrong?

>Like, we have a great conversation, and then I sort of back off and wait for them to text me or something (just an example), but like, it doesn't happen.

Sounds like it wasn't that great of a conversation dead if it can just stop dead in its tracks like that

> I have to constantly keep up the effort, and it's draining.

Get your blood tested if texting girls is "draining effort".

>I mean... I also want to be wanted. Is that wrong?

No it's not wrong. It's besides the point now where you're saying that texting girls is this huge effort and is draining you and is like chopping your own head off.