Feel like i sit too much by my computer (my life IS my computer, have no other means of human interaction)

>feel like i sit too much by my computer (my life IS my computer, have no other means of human interaction)
>decide to quit using any pc ever again
>sleep, wake up
>immediately go to my computer like usual
So should I or nah? Idfk

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u3.jpg (750x1000, 83K)

i can relate.

Take a hike.

Get rid of it.

Stupid advice.

you should take your computer and like completely throw it away

Completely honestly I've considered it but
>the setup cost over $2000
>i'm no longer available for the few friends i might still have
>i'll just sit in bed with my phone instead
>or do nothing at all, just sleep
>can't even sell it cause noone buys used for more than 1/4 of what you bought it fot even just weeks later

Why do you respond to ideas that don't work and ignore ones that are actually helpful?

The only other suggestion is taking a hike.

You need something that takes up all the time you have. A job or non computer related hobby or school to start.

Failing that, set aside 10 minutes every day where you do nothing pc related. Reading, meditating, puzzles anything non digital counts. The goal will be to have a full hour without pc activity every day in a month. Then 2 hours every day for another month etc until you're satisfied with the amount of time you're away from the computer.

Attached: images.jpg (226x223, 9K)

Forgot to mention, dont jump on the pc first thing when you wake up. Get a glass of water, learn to make breakfast, make your bed, do some light exercise, basic hygiene etc if you dont already. This also counts toward your non computer time.

I know that feeling as my life is also computer.

Attached: 20069_DB_webb.jpg (1000x667, 161K)

>multiple psychologists want me to stop spending all time at my computer
>you need to get a job or go back to studying
>you need to do an activity, meet people, make REAL friends
Bitch if I wasn't sitting at my computer I'd litetally kill myself out of demotivation to get out of bed. There IS nothing outside that is worth doing anymore. We live in an internet world and everything else is done out of need to survive and until you too can grab those neetbucks so that you can start loving your life for real.

You really need to find other hobbies, preferably ones that take you away from the computer. There has to be something else you're curious about.

study or work. boom. you'll no longer have that much time to waste. also dating, socialize

I had 6k+ hours on steam games, I sold my gaming pc more than a year ago and it was a great thing to do. It was very toxic, very time consuming

I miss it now and i wanna build something cheap to play some games from time to time or when i'm taking breaks or need a distraction. And well, i actually need a windows pc now for arquitecture and design porpuses

Also, if you can afford it get a psychoanalyst or psychologist to help you. The internet's advice can't really have a big impact on yourself. But if you compromise to an expert's judgement, you'll have much better results

I can absolutely relate, good luck

I was being serious.

Honestly nothing whatsoever. The thing about that is, I have never in my life had a drive to "become" something. I have never experienced having a goal.
People, teachers, advisors, psychologists have all asked me what I WANT to do with my life, career, future. It didn't cross my mind as an interest then and it still doesn't now.
If my job pays well I'll do it. If I can't do it I'll do another. I don't care about what I do, I don't even need more hours or pay than necessary to pay rent and eat well, which I do. I'd never give to charity, and I expect repayment for my help.

I don't require to study to do simple jobs which I've done before. Work is unnecessary until I run low on savings, and it's easy to live on neetbucks if I have to. Ergo, unnecessary to do.

I already see several psychologists. It's nearly a free service here.
They all suggest that I "find something I want to do".
I consider it a waste of time to see them but they insist that I do, so okay.
I have 20+ years of chronic depression and recently they've suggested that I might have ADD, if it matters.

The only thing I'm concerned about at this very moment is picking a new nice online username to identify myself with. That is the person I am.

>I don't require to study

>Work is unnecessary

>I consider it a waste of time

You rationalize everything to dust. Nothing makes sense by your rules. You take anything and transform it into philosophy.

Little billy is by the pool with his friends, It's a very hot day, eveyone but Billy jumps at the pool to cool off and swim. Billy stays with his clothes on by the shade. Somewhere in his mind he is dying to jump at the pool but he can't, he fears they'll maybe laugh at him, he is insecure, he gets caught up thinking about the whole situation.
They ask him "why are you not jumping into the pool?" and he responds "well, it's not really required, is it? It's unnecessary to jump into the pool, my mind can function properly without me cooling off, I consider it a waste of time". All the while he secretly wishes he could be jumping and splashing with his friends in the pool
Billy just rationalized this whole situation and made himself unhappier in the process.

Your psychologists are most likely telling you much more that what you say they say. Only that you probably deflect every idea they present.

That's a strange assumption you're making.
If I were Billy I would either already be first in the pool, or not outdoors in the first place. In the rare occasions I hang out with friends or family I obviously do what they do if it seems nice, like swimming.
I'm not rationalizing doing something nice like swimming. I'm dismissing doing unnecessary things like studying for 4 years to get a job that pays more than I need, when the shitty desk half time job I had already paid so much that I could take a year off which I'm doing now.

A good psychologist can really make you look at yourself in a different perspective and help you change. But only, and only if you are willing to be helped and serious about getting better. And not only getting better with his help, also by your own merit, investigating, constantly trying to erradicate the crazy side of you. If your ego is an unpenetrable wall, then it becomes impossible to achieve change.

I honestly don't know which it is. Since all psychologists I've met say the same stuff, I assume it must be me right?
But see I have zero ego whatsoever. I already automatically assume that I'm the worst person in the room. It's an achievement to be less intelligent, fun or attractive than me.
I'm disgusting, boring, cringy, thoughtless, destructive, motivationless, generally a useless pest.
That's why I do my thing and leave preferrably without being seen.

DESPITE THIS I still have people that vouch for me, like my last boss. They call me humble, active, friendly, fun, they want to hang out after work, etc. The most common complaint if amy is that I look down on myself, but to me it is they who overrate me - I do the absolute minimum barebones expected of me because I wanna survive, never more.

>i'm dismissing doing unnecessary things like studying

Studying isn't unnecessary

People study because they are passionate about what they study, they are curious about a particular subject or are looking to start a rutine (just like you)

Isn't the unnecessary thing here to stay in your home every day doing nothing?

Wasn't it you the one who made a post here asking for advice?

But at the sight of advice you dismiss and deny it. Are you trying to get better or are you just looking for catharsis and reassurance?

For the record: Not attacking you or criticizing

Self-deprecation is an egoistic feature. What the fuck are those psychologists doing they didn't address this already? Did you tell them what you said in this post?

I dunno, I didn't ask to go outside just because I sit too much at my desk. If I don't need the knowledge from the studies and not the money from a better job, isn't it unnecessary? Working for someone else's benefit when the extra money doesn't benefit me, getting on a routine for someone else's sake, having to pretend to be nice and agree to everything just to keep the job... idk.
I apologize for being dismissive. I feel like I can't help it, it's just how I think.

I have made a big point about how I hate myself to all of them but I don't think any of them really questioned it, just wrote it down as a note. Their solution is always "just get a job again", "just meet people again", "do some charity work", stuff like that. I already know that none of that would help me because I derive absolutely no feelings from helping others working, I would do it solely because I need money and I wouldn't question why I'm doing it as long as it pays.

You need to cut down, not go cold turkey. It won't work if you do that.

Here's what I did:
>Cut my YouTube subscriptions down to 5
>Cut my Reddit shortcuts down to 5
>Had about 300 people I followed on Twitter, started a new account and only kept 30 of them
>Stopped all notifications on my phone for social media apps

It's still hard, but getting a habit of not visiting websites in a continuous loop helps. Also, you need non-computer activities. Ideas include:

>Set a book-reading target for the year and meet it. I wanted to read 20 books in 2018 and succeeded, but it requires effort.
>Plan activities for the weekend - an outdoor walk in a local park, attend a sports match, go for a drink/coffee with friends
>Pick up a hobby like an exercise class, book club, etc.

Good luck user, it's hard and you will relapse, but keep trying!

It’s scary how alike we are(minus the low self-esteem and having a shrink parts).

>So should I or nah?
Should you what? get rid of your PC? If you think it is holding you back in life, go for it.

me and you think exactly the same. i just lost my internet for a week. my sister just paid a huge 400 dollar bill to turn it back on after it was off for a month. now its off again because i decided to torrent american dad episodes, thinking my ISP wouldnt care. these mother fucking pieces of shit. it went off today, and i just do nothing all day. i don't want to do anything. nothing. that whole month i did nothing.

i don't have shit. i talk to a girl online who lives two hours away. she is pretty young but not by a crazy amount, so i am just playing the waiting game to see if this will really go somewhere. we can move out together and get an apartment, both going to college.

but i don't know how that will work. i have no ambitions, no goals, no nothing. i am not even depressed i am just so insanely bored i don't know what is there to do, day by day. i work part time, for now, like 2 fucking days a week , barely saving anything.

nobody can help a guy like me and all they say is "well you just gotta do somethin, anything." but i don't want to. no desire to. what the fuck am i supposed to do to improve a situation like this.

I think a start is to wonder "what CAN I do?", "Where can I work?", "What can I study?" instead of dismissing any activity and calling it unnecessary. A thing that helped me was to understand a simple statistic:

People that
A. Work
B. Study
C. Have a sexual partner
D. Have a healthy love life
E. Stay in good physical form
F. Socialize
etc...

Are drastically less prone to being chronically depressed, and suffer much less from ALL types of depression, period.

If you are serious about getting better then you CAN get better, it takes time, there are no clichés, no snap of a finger, no NoFap miracle, no shock therapy. Your mind cements itself in it's delusions, in it's, let's call it, crazyness, you have to work WITH your psychologist to unravel the uninhibited you. If you can, get someone good, someone who is recommended and an expert. I personally recommend psychoanalysis.