I cheated on my gf 3 times over the past 2 years

I cheated on my gf 3 times over the past 2 years

I decided that that wasn’t the type of person I wanted to be so I stopped and refused to do it any more no matter the temptation

Today my gf told me she cheated on me and it made me feel pretty bad especially since I just committed to
Her in a way I haven’t to anyone ever before. Obviously it’s karma and you can feel free to say I’m getting what I deserve but my question is

Do I just chalk it up as fair and that were even now? Is that even healthy? Will it make her think it’s ok to do that?

Can our relationship recover and how should I approach it to increase our chances of us working out.

Also idk why it matters to me but he didn’t put her dick in her, which feels like a relief

Attached: D64AB607-474D-4F43-BBB8-F7631B6F8320.jpg (914x610, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/understanding-the-erotic-code/201508/how-couples-can-survive-cheating-and-why-they-even-try
theglobeandmail.com/life/relationships/the-truth-about-infidelity-why-researchers-say-its-time-to-rethink-cheating/article28717694/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your relationship is absolutely fucked. Tell her you cheated too and that it clearly wont work any longer. Its the best for the two of you.

She is better than you in that she was honest about it. I would return the favor, and see if forgiveness can go both ways. If it does, then yes you can move on together I think. In the future you both are likely to cheat again but if you can move past it that is a good thing. Cheating is generally what ends a relationship, but if you can survive that without much resentment then you are pretty well set.

Sorry I didn’t make it clear. She knows about me cheating already and stayed with me. She’s been very supportive and I would agree she’s the better of the two of us. I never confessed in my cheating situations, she always found out herself

I'd personally chalk it up as "even". Create a blank slate, figure out where the problems lie, create boundaries and rules. Work through the problem together. A lot of problems are caused through communication, so make all of your feelings known and communicate about it.

Also if you just started to commit to her in a way you haven't before, then continue and grow off of the mistakes.

Approach it with an open mind, listen to her reasoning and convey your argument, then work, grow, be happy.

Depends on who she is,
If you think she will change, if she loves you and if you love her.

It sounds like you guys could make it. If you really do love her and want to spend your life with her, go for it. I think what is important is to know that you both will likely cheat again. When someone makes a mistake, particularly one of an addiction like drugs or sex, then you should never continue the relationship under the assumption that it won't happen again. But if you can move beyond the idea that absolute fidelity is necessary, than you could last a lifetime.

psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/understanding-the-erotic-code/201508/how-couples-can-survive-cheating-and-why-they-even-try

Either of you won’t necessarily cheat again, read this article.

If you think it’s worth saving, save it, you can always bounce back and be happy together. I know from personal experience how hard it is to fully commit to someone after being hurt before, but if you want it to work and she wants it to work, it’ll work.

Did you put your dick in the girls you fucked? Its like she never cheated if you compare it to that.

I did

You both should be shot.
Honestly, fuck you and fuck her.

WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE IF A DICK WENT IN HER OR NOTCWHEN YOU DID IT THREE TIMES?

WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE IF A D*CK WENT IN HER OR NOT WHEN YOU DID IT THREE TIMES?

Man, you are a real piece of shit, I think your current relationship is gone, you have cheated and so has she.
I would end your relationship here and start fresh with another girl, always remember the mistakes you made during this relationship and never repeat them.

you're both awful, so really you're perfect for each other. Save your toxic bullshit for each other rather than try to date and ruin others

If you have been with her for over two years and your building this connection with her that you haven't felt before then I think there's a chance of saving it. It seems like she has enough respect for you to tell you the truth and only people who admit to their wrongdoings want to change it. I think since now that you have cheated as well you will have the same battle scar so it will be easier for both of you to empathize and support one another.

Do you love her? and does she love you?

If they're both awful then they are perfect for each other and they can both improve together.

Relationships that recover from cheating are shown to be by far the strongest. It's all up to you where it goes from here. It definitely means something's wrong in the relationship though so get communicating.

Many couples choose to stay together and attempt to rebuild their relationships after trust has been broken through unfaithfulness. The reasons for maintaining the relationship include social support, acts of kindness, and motivation to stay together.[ii]

Couples that are motivated to stay together are prepared to put in the effort to repair the relationship.[iii] Such motivation is fueled by owning property, having children, or having already invested a significant amount of time in the relationship.[iv]

Honestly sounds like you guys deserve each other, why not have an open relationship? It’s not like it matters anyways.

One reason couples decide to stay together appears somewhat counterintuitive at first blush — acts of kindness by the non-straying partner.[v] It is widely recognized that one of the most powerful factors in rebuilding a marriage after an affair is forgiveness.[vi] Individuals willing to forgive a partner's betrayal can rebuild intimacy through grace.

Acts of grace by the non-straying partner are benevolent acts that are emotionally powerful. Treasured acts of mercy reported by the straying partner include avoiding mention of the affair, exhibiting increased kindness, and demonstrating forgiveness and love by buying flowers.[vii] Unfaithful partners report that receiving mercy from their betrayed partners is unexpected, and has a profound impact on healing the relationship.[viii] The decision to choose kindness over revenge or retribution contributes to relational healing.[ix]

Some couples work through infidelity by exploring the meaning behind the moves.[xii] This includes talking about what led to the affair and how their relational dynamics might have contributed to the process.[xiii] This type of open communication facilitates an understanding of the bigger picture and the underlying circumstances that contributed to the betrayal.
Many couples that move on after infidelity change their relational dynamics to improve communication and adopt more constructive methods of interacting.[xiv] Couples that have successfully moved on speak of “weathering the storm,” appreciating each other more, “growing up,” and feeling like “a survivor, not a victim.”[xv]

>implying she didn't lie about it to make her cheating seem harmless when in reality she had his dick in her and her mouth numerous times

I hope you two will stay together, lmao.

This is false btw. Unless both of you go the open relationship route. This way you kill off the paranoia and jealousy which kills relationships post-cheating.

you deserve it man. i mean if it took her this long to cheat on you after what you did then i would say she's a keeper. especially since it sounds like she a bitch or your slave

she didn't lie about it did she... but you did

not true. i guess only true for week minded people theglobeandmail.com/life/relationships/the-truth-about-infidelity-why-researchers-say-its-time-to-rethink-cheating/article28717694/

The article you posted literally supports my position...

Whatever you want to hear, kek. You've been lucky enough that you found someone who is emotionally dependant on you so won't tolerate your cheating. Doesn't mean it decreases your chance of raising her comforting co-worker's baby in the future.

Nice fantasy land you've got there. People don't change like that, at least when it comes to cheating. Sure they may cool off for a year or so but I can guarantee at some point one or both will cheat again. It's a toxic situation and it's best they keep their issues to themselves. A quarantine of shit, if you will

depends what the problems are really... do you see her a lot? do you guys talk a lot? is there open communication? these questions effect majorly on how relationships take part. My wife and I both cheated on each other the first year of our relationship, just because we were a few hours away so it was hard to see each other and we grew kind of distant. But when i told her about the fact i slept with her friend and she slept with a guy friend of hers we just changed everything. I never cheated again and i know for a fact my wife hasnt either and we have been with each other for 7 years now. we are healither and happier. its a new beginning and a blank slate but just with someone you already know so thats half the work.

also if she was there for you and was supportive, i dont understand why you cant you do the same

Did you know that 64% of men have cheated at least once in their lifetime and 43% of woman have cheated once in their lifetime? But only 45% of those have cheated a first time, cheat a second. so.... not always true

That data is from surveys. People can like on them. Both numbers could be higher or lower, especially because people have different definitions and lines in the sand of infidelity.

>still being with a slut that cheated on you
Cucks gonna cuck

this is based, the fact that some people think they're in a healthy relationship, get married, have children, "x" amount of years, etc. And NOT realize that either partner can just simply lie that they didn't cheat. There are so many relationships whereby one partner cheats and the other doesn't know and life continues to go on in delusion.

Y’all needa break up.

>he didn’t put her dick in her
Just like you never put your dick in those 3 girls

Anyway, she cheated because you cheated and she'll cheat again and so will you and there is no point in the two of you being together. The relationship ended soon as you fucked the first one.

Nah senpai break up. Not healthy.

Attached: 1551105197225.gif (245x235, 495K)

Did you cheat for just the sexual pleasure or you don't really love her?
Men cheat cause they think with their dicks, women cheat willingly.
Dump her and move on, it's useless, you are already trash in her eyes.

I think u want to me with her or u wouldn’t have posted this

Op Here

I’ve already made my mind up and I believe if the whole story was presented most of you would be taking her side. I believe we are the type of people that can grow stronger from our mistakes and have what it takes to go at it for the long run. It is mainly through her communication and honesty that we have been able get as far as we have and this event has actually reinforced those qualities.

I’m attactching the letter she sent me while we talked on the phone about what had happened. The reason for this is mainly to give you guys some entertainment value for helping me out with a lot of good replies. It can also give a better idea of her character and the situation but as I said keep in mind this is simply a snapshot of us, not the full story.

(Also note we have been apart for the first time in our relationship for the last few months)

Attached: 5CD33495-0B6C-4EB1-8AA0-49324BEBADCE.png (750x1334, 653K)

Go for it. She seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. She was in the wrong but it seems like she knows that.

from the letter and post, you just posted it seems like you are very infatuated by her and still love her. from the letter, it seems like she's still in love with you and wants to make things right. BUT she sounds very hurt. I have no doubt in my mind that she would cheat on you based on what she has said unless something extreme happens, which will only happen if you don't communicate with her. which seems like one of your biggest problems. i wish you both good luck. kek

seems like you are the fuck up

You know what the scariest fucking thing is buddy? No amount of vagina you put your dick in is going to change the fact that you still have to make this choice-- or are otherwise going to leave it to her to make.

Just fuck her out of it your problems

what are you going to do?

Fuck her sister and put it on my Snapchat story

Sounds like you both got what you deserved

Attached: 1551753516304.png (500x367, 96K)

I feel bad for her...

man, it sounds like you know what you're going to do. stay with her and make it better.

That doesn’t sound as bad as you are attempting to make it seem