Boyfriend “forbids” me from going to prom

>been planning on prom for months

> bf regularly mentions he thinks prom is stupid and a waste of money

>looking at dresses on my phone on day, he gives me a snarky grin and says “you’re not going.”

> me: “what does that mean”
> bf: “if I’m not going you’re definitely not going”
> Goes into long ass rant about how he wants me to be a “good girl” and stay home like I always do, this pisses me off.

>Me:”no, you’re just upset that I’m finally doing something that doesn’t involve you.”

>bf: “yeah pretty much. So you’re not going. ”

>argument lasts for almost two hours but I give in and say I’m not going, don’t want to fight over a $45 dance

> He’s never cared about what I did or who I hung out with up until now.

>what do

>TL:DR; Boyfriend says I can’t go to prom because he doesn’t want me to do things that don’t involve him.

Attached: E5124CBC-6BAF-4DD8-B650-6E8B7B3C7EE3.jpg (828x375, 282K)

You must end his life

Go anyway, fuck your date in the back seat afterwards.

He might be caring about what happens during or after the prom really..

Leave his ass. If you stay with him shit like this is just going to keep happening and get worse in the future.

You sound like a retarded whore who's mad that she doesn't get to go to a sex party thinly veiled as a prom

And you sound like you hate women and minorities

#

That’s what people do at after parties, which I wasn’t even going to do in the first place. I wanted to go prom, have fun with my friends, and then leave. That’s it. I’m not a whore, I just want to be a dork and dance around for two hours of my life lol

Kick him in the dick and go without him.
It's a really awkward topic if you are an attractive girl and you don't go to prom.

Sounds like a bad guy, I'd leave him because he will continue trying to control whatever you do, been there done that. Be careful with this one

>you are not going
Break up ASAP.

He is going to be a super controlling asshole. He doesn't want a relationship with another human being. He wants a computer that does exactly what he wants from it.

He is a controlling asshole and you should break up with him. But who are you going to prom with anyway?

Don’t listen to his faggot ass shit. Go with someone better looking than him, even if not for real. Have them show up and take you to the dance, him watching. And then never speak to him again, even if your single. Fuck dudes like that, they don’t deserve a single thing.

I think there is more to this story than "he just said no you cant go to prom" i think some other elements of this is being willfully hidden by you op

Otherwise if not grow a spine and go anyway hes not your keeper and he cannot be let this kind of control without a very good reason

>just prove his suspicions right and cheat on him, that'll show him!

“Chad”

That's cause you raised in America and taught not to care about boys feelings, but boys supposed to give you world?

Fuck you, only the weird assholes that don't want to go to prom are social outcasts that threaten to shoot the school.

I didn't go to my prom cause I was too poor to buy a ticket

guess I am forever alone

that depends on if you are a virgin.

Yep, that's how it works.

>tfw never got invited to an afterparty
>never had a date
>still showed up to freshman-junior prom, basically stood alone
>didn't go to senior because junior was supposed is supposed to be the best one and it did nothing for me

You must have went to a nice white highschool. Be grateful.

this website is 18+
you should kys

OP I made the mistake of listening to my ex bf and didn't go to prom and regret it. There are no do overs for some things and prom is one thing all girls should do. Your bf also sounds controlling and insecure and you'll kick yourself later for letting someone like this ruin prom for you.

If I had it to do over (regretfully I cannot) I would have accepted other invitations. Oh, the waste of money excuse is stupid, he just wants to isolate you and prove his influence over you because this is something he knows you really want to do.

GET RID OF HIM AND GO TO PROM YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER IF YOU DON'T

I didn't realize how important this "prom" thing was to middle class white girls. Is your boyfriend white? Maybe that's why you baby coalburner.

This

lool fucking incel spotted

this

Respect your man! You should not go to the prom

Have you tried inviting him to prom with you?

Imagine being this privileged.

Break the fuck up.
Any guy who talks to you like this is a waste of space.

Some places allow a +1, if that's the case, take him with you.
If it is school only, event I don't see the big deal.

I think he cares about prom because it is an American tradition to get drunk and have sex in a car. You need to let him know it is neither.
His rant about being a "good girl" makes me think he thinks that going means you aren't if you go.

It's not about being raised in america and it's not about caring or not about a guy's feefees.
A person who treats you the way OP's boyfriend treats her is not a person you want to be with.
He's pushing his values down her throat. He doesn't think prom is good, so neither should her.
He's controlling as fuck. He wants to decide what she does.
He's selfish. He doesn't want to find a compromise.

You don't want to date a person like this, no matter where you're raised or whether your sex or sexuality is. A partner like that is fucking shit. She shouldn't be with him.

THIS
Hear this man, OP.
>looking at dresses on my phone on day, he gives me a snarky grin and says “you’re not going.”
What a fucking douche. He even smile at your misfortune, because he can only think about himself.
First the prom, then he will start controling who you can and can't talk to. And finally, you will stay in your house everyday all time.

You have this power called Breaking Up. Use it.
Or even better, ask someone else to go to the prom with you, fuck your bf and his shitty attitude.

Holy shit. Imagine being 18 and this delusional again.

Having gone to my prom with some piece of shit boyfriend that I allowed to ruin my fun night was a huge mistake. I should have either left him at home, or dumped his ass so that I could have gone with somebody else and not have to worry about babysitting him while he pouted at the table and watched.

Fuck this guy, sis. Dump him. Trust me when I say, you won't fucking remember him in about 5 years after HS. Go to prom. Dress up. Have fun. Let emo-shit bf stay home and play his video games while you dance under the stars. He is NOT your father, your doctor, nor your savior. He's a stupid boy with an opinion and nothing more. Fuck him and fuck him trying to tell you what you CAN and CANNOT do. Fuck him.

Attached: a.jpg (1124x623, 251K)

Drop him. Easy.
From the sounds of it you'll be dumping this fuck ass anyway, so he isn't worth shit to you. Then you get to go the rest of your life saying "oh I missed prom because of some idiot". Nah you don't want that.

Hahaha theres actually people like this

This.
And this will come up again in life. Jealous, insecure, controlling dudes will ruin your thing if you let them. Had a New Years event ruined because I was dating a dick. And I get it, it’s a silly thing to celebrate. But I like it, and I like to make it special, so why would anyone want to ruin that because it’s not for them? It’s like being that cunt who nags about video games and then go watch 4 seasons of some shit reality show.

We all got stuff we care about, don’t let cunts and dicks ruin them.

Advice for OP.

Attached: b.jpg (468x468, 31K)

Yeah dump him and find a cuck to dig your shit

Disagree. Her boyfriend can feel whatever he wants think and like whatever he feels thinks and likes..
What he doesn't get to do is tell her how to live based on it.

>wahwah why doesn't my boyfriend let me fuck other guys

Or she can just dump him and let him be an opinionated controlling man-child without her. Nobody needs this. Let him learn the hard way.

Men are shit. Become a lesbian and have more orgasms and more fun in life! You'll never have to worry about getting pregnant and have all the sex you want! It's wonderful!

Attached: ewet.jpg (500x667, 130K)

Actually have to agree with this.
Me and my gf have been reading this and just so happy we are into pussy.
So little drama, no dudes and all their flaws, just stable fun times every day.
Fuck I love being a lesbian.

>OP has learned helplessness
Brake up with him or fix your relationship, but if you do have learned helplessness I doubt thatll happen.

Attached: naked eevee.png (526x459, 153K)

I dont think you can just become a lesbian. Isnt it not a choice? I have lesbian moms and i doubt they had a choice in being gay

To give it a bit of context on the off-chance that this is relevant at all (Class of 2006, live in Tennessee), but why would someone with a boyfriend even want to go to prom? At least where I come from, the prom was intimately connected with romance. The prom was a romantic event that you went to with your boyfriend or girlfriend (or at the bare minimum a date), not a platonic dance with friends.

With that said, your boyfriend still handled things wrong and shows controlling tendencies. If I had a girlfriend that wanted to go to prom (which wouldn't happen at my age, but ignoring that for the sake of argument), I would be extremely uneasy if she went to the prom and I would have to talk things over with her a bit, but I could accept it if I fully trusted her. If I didn't fully trust her and thought that she was trying to play me, I'd break up with her. Either way I wouldn't give a firm 'no' like I'm her dad.

What the fuck are you even trying to say, retard? Fuck off and don't come back until your English sucks less cock than you do.

Lesbians, actually exist? I thought even the hoodass "dykes" like Young M.A. get fucked now and then?

Go to the prom, your boyfriend clearly deserves better.
Hope he breaks up with your whore-ass

i am also going to agree with this as i got sick and tired of dealing with entitled childish men who take more effort than they give back. (husbands are the #1 source of stress for mothers, btw. not children.) men are the worst and are only necessary for reproduction. nothing else. and they know it.

Nah. There is plenty of us. And I’m gonna blow your mind hole. Not all lesbians don’t carry the dyke look. This may be why you can’t spot them.
We dress like girly girls and act like any other person.
Crazy, right?

Girls are only lesbians when they want to conveniently avoid guys, otherwise they enjoy dicks like any other girl

I'm married. I don't like every decision my wife makes. She doesn't like every decision I make. It's extremely important to communicate discomfort. It's not childish, it's communication.

As I said and I think you missed. You've no right to control, I agree there... But to say dump someone for not liking things they think and feel? no.

Could somebody open a window, please? There's a lot of trashy incels in this thread.

Attached: incelspray.jpg (1200x1800, 188K)

lmao it's cute how you think you aren't being toxic and controlling by wanting to talk things over with her. If your girlfriend wants to go to the prom, there's only one proper response: "Sure hon, have fun." ANYTHING besides that (or something to that effect) and she would need to drop your ass like a hot potato.

Thankfully OP isn't married to this piece of trash that she's talking about. She should dump him.

OP is 17, of course the little hedonistic degenerate isn't married to some poor shmuck. Her bf was assertive enough to bring up his concerns and now she has dumbasses telling her to dump him? She's dumb so she might actually listen. It's just a good the boyfriend will find a woman that will respect his decision.

The boyfriend would be entirely justified to be concerned, to express his concerns, and dump her if he thinks she's being a cheating thot. The approach he's taking though is too controlling and he sounds like a douchebag in general in his interactions with her.

Attached: incelspray.jpg (800x448, 47K)

Not an incel though. I see now they were right when they said it would be used to insult any male that disagrees with a woman.

dump him. he's telling you what you are and are not allowed to do now, which means that he's gonna try to tell you what you can and can not do later on in the relationship. you wanna go grocery shopping? Not in those clothes, you're not. You want to go see your family for dinner? He doesn't like your mother and says you can't go because he's already made plans for that night.

>everyone who doesn't let me be promiscuous is an incel

Guy you're replying to and fucking right she should

>Everyone who immediately assumes the motives and thought processes of humans they don't know based alone in the fact they're a woman is an incel.

Fixed.

Its sad you find it genuinely hard to be a decent person. There was no grammar errors at all. Maybe you didn't read it well?

As a guy who never went to prom because I basically thought it was "dumb and a waste of money", and does not regret it:

Fuck him. If you want to go to prom, go to prom.

It's your life. If he's trying to tell you what to do with it, then maybe he shouldn't be in it.

>T. A dude who has lived long enough to know that you shouldn't live with lingering regrets or questions over things. Especially when you're young.

>women
>humans

See? That's the problem right there.

Attached: 3.jpg (500x334, 71K)

This 100% pay attention to this advice

Doesn't sound like a healthy relationship, that's a very very big red fucking flag by the way. Get out while you still can.

Doesn't sound like a healthy relationship, that's a very very big red fucking flag by the way. Get out while you still can.

Because very few people are so extreme that they outright can't enjoy the other gender, as long as it is someone special.

I'm gay, my wife is squarely bi, and likes dick as well, whereas I dont really care much for it. I can have sex with a guy, so it's not "I'd rather die"-tier, but I dont care much for it under any normal circumstances. That's pretty common. Most girls can also go gay for certain girls, even if it isnt enough to sate them in terms of a potential marriage.

The only reason guys generally seem much more clear cut, is because guys are either gay, or vehemently deny any shred of gay tendencies or thoughts they might have. Talking to certain guys with bi tendencies, really paints a depressing picture of how men are expected to behave in that regard... "traps are not gay" is a joke, but it is unfortunately very close to the method of how some guys will jump through tons of mental hoops to somehow explain away anything remotely gay about themselves.

Just a FYI.

>But to say dump someone for not liking things they think and feel? no.
That's not what OPs boyfriend did. He outright put down a "you're not going" demand. That's an extremely toxic thing to do in a relationship of any kind.

DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM DUMP HIM

>my bf control my life
>iam retarded whore who cant act cording to my mind

i dont know why i even come here adv became next b with shity made up story like this and "why no gf wtf" threads

>>bf: “yeah pretty much. So you’re not going. ”
kek drop that gaylord

stop trying to force this meme "sis", its not working