Am I going through Hair thinning / Loss?

I'm a guy, to preface.

Am I losing hair? How can I save / reverse this? When tying my hair up, my knots or pony-tails feel thinner than I remember. I noticed a large amount of shed in the shower/hair brush around Dec/Nov, though its hard to tell as until just the other day, my hair was longer than I've ever had it in my life. (About a little below the middle of my back, collar bone length now), so it was difficult to know if it was the length or the number that made it appear so much, though I noticed a spot on the left of my forehead which caused me to look closer and pay more attention in the first place. Now that its shorter, it seems straighter than it ever was at this length. When cutting my hair the other day, the person cutting my hair said nothing about it other than my bangs looking a bit thin. Even then though I've always been known to have incredibly thick hair.
I'm a shorter, thinner guy, who puts a lot of focus on hair, so I personally don't think I'd look good with the bald/shaved look. Its the first thing I notice on myself and everyone else and its something I take a lot of pride in.
Only semi-related but my long time gf also has Peladophobia, which is the fear of bald men.

tl;dr
Long hair forever.
Love my hair, and pay most attention to hair on everyone.
Fear I may be losing it.
Unsure.
Can I save it?

Attached: am i losing hair.jpg (1693x917, 194K)

Finasteride + minoxidil

Why both and not one or the other?
Does my head even looks like it needs it? I legit am having a hard telling if it does or not.

Both together will give better results than just using one or the other.

>Does my head even looks like it needs it? I legit am having a hard telling if it does or not.
Honestly you are a long way from balding. As someone who went through thinning and ignored my situation pretending it would go away I would kill to have your hair. That said the same could happen if you let it progress. You could prevent further thinning and get a little regrow but you must act fast.

How old are you? Any family bald?

My grandfather was.
No one else I know of was bald. Even my dad at 60 still has much if his hair though it is thinned.

Also, maybe irrelevant, but a while back when I first noticed, I asked about this. Some femanon wigmaker said she didn't think I was losing hair, but I also didn't show the top of my head / scalp.
Looked a little more at it today after posting, might try and get a better pic of my crown.

Make a dermatologist appointment they can look at the scalp and determine if there's abnormal loss and if so prescribe the appropriate medication to stop it. Did so myself, never had to worry about becoming bald again.

Get enough vitamins.

What medication did they put you on?
How much did the appointment cost you?

Started taking Biotin, hopefully that helps.
Also working on improving my overall diet.

Did you have any side effects and how much money are you spending? I’m 26 and actually balding.

Biotin and good diet helps a lot. Honestly, your hair does look thin but I don’t see patterns of baldness. You do look quite thin however so malnutrition could be the problem. Also, putting your hair up to tight will cause hair loss so be careful about that as well.

Your hair looks fine bro, seriously. Your only noticing thinned areas because your looking really hard for them. You are no where near balding, just keep maintaining your hair, try to take cold water showers for less damage to the hair, and try not to was it daily. You'll be fine buddy, the flow looks good.

Fin as ter ide

10 cents for half a pill daily

About 30 for 2 months and the appointment was 70. Worth it to keep my hair and I haven't felt ant other than some tiredness when I started taking it but that went away. Hoping for some body hair reduction tho since I shave it all off anyway.

Thanks mate.
Appreciate it. I'm just still kinda weary of it as there actually is a small spot on left side of my forehead that has indeed changed, and my whole like I've been used to having "incredibly thick hair". I might be just overlooking for things regardless of that however. I really hope I am.
Going to keep an eye on it and a record of things, to see if I notice anything in the coming weeks, and if I do, then I'll look into taking action. Gonna keep up the biotin and good diet.

The thinness is partially what worries me, for reasons state above.
That said, I'm glad no one seems to see any signs of balding.
I am thin myself, but I'm also not that tall either.
I could probably still put on some weight though, and my diet is very poor. I'm working on improve that. Its honestly probably 70% junk.

I do tie my hair up, as I work in business and need to come to work clean and tight every day. The fact they didn't make me cut my hair when I got the job still amazes me.
I'll see if I can manage a looser style, or looser ties, as I usually brush back and tie fairly tight.

I hear that has negative effects on the nethers. (Though Ive also read its like 1% of men who use it, so I don't know)
That is cheap as fuck though. So thats good to know.

What was the medication?

where and how?

My dad was cue ball bald at 30. I'm 48 and still have a halfway decent head of hair but it is obviously thinning. You need minoxodil (Rogaine) available without a perscription and ALSO finasteride (Propecia) with a perscription and expensive. I've had some success with an Indian generic pill called "Finpecia" that is cheaper and can be bought and shipped to you without a perscription. Focus on making lots of money and women won't be a problem no matter what you look like.

Stress can cause thinning and it isn't permanent in that case. Male pattern baldness is usually receding hairline as far as I know not thinning.

Just wish there was an easy way to tell the difference between stress based thinning, and actual thinning / balding. Though the left side of my forehead / hairline is where I first noticed it.

>just realised I'm balding
Fuck. I knew I had a widow's peak, but not that I was balding at the crown too.

Minodixil I can abide since you can get it at a chemist, but do I need to see a doctor for Finasteride? Can I get by with just the former?

I didn't think to check my crown initially, but saw a few suggestions online about keeping tabs on your hair to know if and when it starts happening. Taking pics of all angles of your head so you can really tell when the hair starts to fall.