What does it mean when he says maybe

I asked a guy if he'd ever ask me 'the question'

he said 'maybe'

he seems hella sweet but i wouldn't say he's a player.

i dont know its been a little over a month we've been seeing eachother. did i just ask too early and he sincerely just needs more time to think and get to know me or was that a "no"? he still texts me and treats me well. i dunno.

Attached: foreveralonefemnon.jpg (1688x1125, 513K)

you're possessive and he'd be better off without you. one month? are you joking?

It hasn't been long enough for him to tell. That was just more than likely a real maybe. Most men don't play games like that and it causes you wimmin to read into it too much

no but i meant if he'd ask me to be his
girlfriend.

you're not thinking i met wife right

It means 'maybe' you stupid fuck.

The problem with what you did is that you put it on him, on the spot, to do what YOU want him to do. He's thought about it, has his own timeline and own ideas about where your relationship might or might not go, and instead of you having the balls to just ask the question yourself you've attempted to pressure him into doing it at a time that suits you. Basically you want him to do what you want when you want with no consideration of what he wants or when he might want it.

Either ask those risky questions yourself or not but don't lean on another person to make them do the hard work for you.

I think we all thought you meant wife. Girlfriend level ain't "the question" my friend

I knew what she meant. She's still a stupid fuck.

lol

well damn now i feel like i fucked up

i honest just asked casually but yeah i guess it could have given the impression of pressure.

im not ever going to ask him again i'll just let him do it.

i asked because i thought the answer was a 'yes' but i was just wanting to confirm we're on the same page i wasn't trying to pressure him.

i mean with all the things he did i just thought it wouldn't be a bad question to ask.

like if something quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and acts like a duck and you ask the duck if its a duck, are you putting the duck in pressure or are you just confirming what is there?

>he seems hella sweet but i wouldn't say he's a player.
Players always do seem sweet and not like players, bbgrl

Attached: smug Aisha.png (597x449, 343K)

I mean it's not so bad if it's girlfriend level but it's still rather early. Depends on a few factors I suppose

oh my god hate wamen harder

to be honest im slowly starting to realize i have no expereince with dating. i always kind of just lept to 'you're my boyfriend now' mode

>im not ever going to ask him again i'll just let him do it.
Good lord is that ever not what I said. You're allowed to ask but you have to do it directly. Someone inevitably has to be the one to begin the conversation and there's no reason it can't be you. Just don't go around trying to do it all sly like.

>are you putting the duck in pressure or are you just confirming what is there?
It might look like a duck from where you're standing, but for all you know it's just a piece of driftwood from his perspective. With no warning you wanted him to define the relationship and are now upset that you got a lukewarm response.

A month is barely any time at all.

As a married user, I'm of the opinion that everybody who is considering getting married should not just date but live together for AT LEAST a year beforehand. That way you'll have a much better grasp on how compatible you are in the long-term, have been together long enough to have an idea of what thigns will be like if stuff gets difficult, and whether or not you can not only tolerate but enjoy each others' extended company in close quarters. This is important stuff.

You need to give it longer, OP.

Well for one thing get the whole 'we have titles so it means our love is true' shit straight outta your head. Boyfriend/girlfriend, and husband/wife titles for that matter, are irrelevant to how each person views that relationship

Focus more on the quality of the relationship and not what you're calling each other

Attached: 1541455799294s.jpg (125x119, 3K)

Oh, my mistake. "Pop the question" stands for asking for marriage in English, so 'the question" usually means wife. I missed that post.

oh damn. alright I guess that makes sense.
My common sense had told me at one point to sit down and tactfully come up with how to ask him.

thats true yeah it could just be driftwood

oh fuck what if he actually thinks i was talking about marriage. god dammit.

HOW DO I CORRECT MYSELF

NOOOOOOOO

dammit now im worried about what he thought i meant by 'question'

EFF MY LIFE

women are garbage

>tries to manipulate someone into doing something
>backfires spectacularly

Satisfying.

lmao you moron