Puerto Rico

What should be done about this useless rectangle?

Attached: 640px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png (640x427, 11K)

What's it like to live there?

Obviously shitty considering they flock to the mainland

Bump

True

Nothing. They'll stay in bent-over bitch status forever until Cuba uncucks itself of Marxism. Puerto Rico is heavily armed and just waiting for shit to kick off in Cuba, they'll we'll go in an annex it. Simple. It's an American occupied territory and the indigenous persons of the island are mere fauna in the grand scheme of things. They're non-existent. It's just a military base.

nukes?

Yang wants to make it a state

Chang is a dumb bitch.
>Dude, immigrants are changing the country to the point it's unrecognizable
>Dude, let's just make every immigrant a citizen

Spaniard living in PR for a year.

This actually isn´t that bad. They could certainly use less social "benefits". There is actually billiant people here, but they all moved or are planning to move to the mainland, while the parasites stay here leeching of the state.

But frankly I still don´t understand why the US has been always so determined to keep this country under its rule. If it was such a problem, why not give Puerto Rico its independence?

nuke

>>Dude, let's just make every immigrant a citizen
Puerto Ricans are american citizens since WW1 (guess why?). The US could easily private them of the US citizenship though, by recognizing Puerto Rico as an independent country.

Set that shit adrift.

The way DC is turning, their statehood might become a reality, but remember that most US Presidents wanted their statehood and we still never got around to it. The major issue I have with their statehood or any territory for that matter (including DC). Is that it will create new VOTING seats in Congress both House and Senate, that will be eternally democrat.

By keeping Puerto Rico as a territory you could keep bringing in more and more Puerto-Ricans to the mainland to turn as many states as possible blue during elections since they are Americans by law (A mistake).

Half shit -Rican here the place is like sea Mexico

>A mistake
Puerto Ricans where colonized by the US in 1898 and short after given the US citizenship so they could be used as cannon fodder in WW1 and the next US wars.

Certainly a mistake for both parts, because Puerto Ricans are NOT americans, and in reality, they didn't get nothing from it either. The only advantage for Puerto Rico being a US territory is that they didn't fell pray of Soviet Union like Russia, so now it's a relatively modern state with a first-world economy, at least compared to the rest of the Caribbean countries.

You know why you'd go full cuba 2 if we left you tho you already seem determined to go that way

Wondering how do Puerto Ricans in PR vote

Make it a state.

>like Russia
Meant *like Cuba

>you already seem determined to go that way
Why would I want that? Puerto Rico being an independent country with its own citizenship would be beneficial for those americans that don't want more democratic vote. I agree thats reasonable, but that doesn't mean Puerto Rico would necesarily turn out a communist state. And in any case, that wouldn't be US' problem anymore.

Here's what I know about PR and Territory Voting Rights:
They cannot vote for President because the electoral college only applies to States despite their status as US Citizens in the US.
They can vote for one member of Congress who is in the House of Representatives who can vote on things in committee, but not on the actual House floor.

>Wouldn't turn in to a communist state
I see you failed to look at the fact most in our Senate lean so hard left it makes Michael fucking moore blush

Import half of haiti to puerto rico, add to that soup the mexicans in the border and in the us ilegally ... brofit.

US is just morally corrupted like the entire western world. Retard new york ricans that can't even speak spanish but pretend to represent "muh oppresed latinx" like Ocasio-Cortez are also despised here. But whites love her, just like they love Bernie Sanders. It's embarrasing as fuck.

Trump was the last hope for the US (at least politically) and he has been a total disapointment. Blame the Jews, not Puerto Ricans, or negroes, or even white liberals, because liberals are fundamentally unable to think.