Today's houses are made of crap

and it costs more than ever.

Attached: normal american house.jpg (1024x680, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dcoTnER4Efg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1 post by this ID

So don't buy the product if you don't like it

Attached: bonghouse.jpg (634x404, 54K)

Think a bank would finance this? Think again.

Attached: earth bag.jpg (1600x1200, 580K)

That's not house, its a double-wide.

Pay up and shut up, goy!

You pay for the land. The actual building is largely irrelevant. If a fire totally destroys a house the rebuilding cost is a fraction of the purchase cost of said house. Land dear boy, land.

>its a double-wide.
Its obviously sitting on a slab. Look at the level of the doorway.

Where is the stone/concrete/terracotta in this wall?

This book was published in 1950

Attached: 220px-YourDreamHome2.jpg (220x324, 30K)

The materials required to build a house are incredibly cheap compared to the final cost of the home. Most of the cost comes from labor and the 'commoditization' of home ownership.
There's base cost to most property now that's more or less just the 'barrier to entry' cost. You have to have a certain amount of expendable income to join the ownership class. And that comes out to basically $50-80k of savings available to you. Of course, if you've got good enough credit, you can get the bank to 'do you a favor' and lend you most of that. But you have to have proven yourself a good goy before they will do it.

And with the zoning and building codes now in place in most areas, you won't be allowed to build that home.

$46,000 for wood and glue.

Attached: s-l1600 (2).jpg (1600x1200, 66K)

really?

Attached: timber frame.jpg (900x506, 352K)

Mail order homes.

Attached: 1921_3086.jpg (1242x1710, 355K)

Smuggle 1000 immigrants for cheap labor to build your house and just pay for the offset via higher taxes and higher strain on infrastructure, public services, and other useless things. Besides you'll be collecting social security by the time that happens so virtually no impact to you directly and they're kids will fund your easy retirement so its actually a net gain

>Americans literally build their homes from 2x4’s

i never understood why you cannot into bricks, especially because huricanes...

Attached: 153.jpg (927x242, 91K)

there is literally nothing wrong with earthbag construction. i might hesitate to use it in an earthquake zone though.

I live in 1950's post war housing development. The original construction was all redwood.

In the 1990's it was remodeled and a room was added. Pine wood was used and its such dogshit that is has already been severely termite damaged in 20 years.

Attached: download (28).jpg (225x225, 5K)

>mfw my shed is build of better lumber than american homes

Attached: average cascadian man.png (635x455, 761K)

agreed. Buy land and build your own house

Mexicans built that.

This really. Only retort is people obviously don't want to be homeless. Shelter is a basic need. Why can't we build better shit?

Well faggot the libshit government made it illegal for me to build a cabin and live in it unless I pay a fuckton of money to someone at some point during the process

You don't even own the land tho. Wtf u talking about

pinewood is shit, redwood is a lot harder.

Take the ICF pill.

Houses are not expensive. Land is expensive.

>looking to buy an affordable house
>all the houses are made of shit material in this terrible ugly box style that looks like it was made in 97

Fuck you I wont buy

Attached: 1544973463878.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

Prefab steel master race

>using concrete
Fuck off, chink.

I started working in construction when I was a teen in the 1980s. I still work in it. I can attest that starting in the late 1980s full swing into the 90s and the 2000s, the quality of building dropped. When housing prices went UP, labor prices went DOWN with an underground economy of mexis building shit. I have literally repainted dozens of houses, especially condos, that have major siding and roofing issues after only 5 to 10 years. Many condos are in litigation with builders. So, why you ask weren't the cost of houses going DOWN when the labor to build those homes was dirt cheap? Ask the "muh, free market" gringo boss. By the way, I have torn open the walls of houses in Seattle that were built by Scandinavian immigrants, of which there are many in this area, and I can tell you that these 100 year old homes were built beyond spec. Detailed work, took pride in things no one was ever going to see.

Attached: Tony Rodham.png (445x643, 443K)

more like wood shavings with glue

Modern internal construction is better today. They didn't even use insulation or vapor barrier in building old homes. Central air, multizone fuel efficient furnaces, hot water heaters, etc...Even some exterior features such as Trex is better than an old wood deck. Where older homes shine is exterior walls. 1ft thick+ masonry of stone and brick. As long as you re-point it when needed, it will last a lifetime.

If you want a good house, build it yourself. It's sad but it's the only way in our globalist utopia.

Good thing is it's also the only way to have a house you can call your.

Building a stick built house is expensive depending on where you live. In NY, a quality home builder will cost $220-$260 a square foot.

Why don't Americans like brick?

Why do Americans in areas prone to extreme weather, build houses out of wood?

Attached: 1541630055351.jpg (2048x2732, 386K)

You think it's impossible to build a house out of quality materials today?

Or are you just whining about people wanting their houses built cheap?

This is what it would look like if it was made to hold and not to be sold.

Attached: JUIN_-_JUILLET_2011_037[1].jpg (1600x1200, 394K)

This is the truth. Energy was so cheap nobody bothered with insulation for ages.

Some kid's didn't had the 3 piglets story.

Your are non ironically better of buying a house that is 200 years old then one that is 20 year old.

You can blame nimbys.

Monolithic domes are the most disaster proof structures you can build. They've even been used as combination basketball court / neighborhood disaster shelters.

Everyone in a tornado/hurricane area should be living in monolithic domes.

But the nimbys won't allow it.

Depends on the area I guess? I live in tornado alley and most houses are at least partially made of brick, even the overpriced cookie cutter housing development ones that pop up in less than a year.

Free market bullshit leads to price gouging as kike contractors bilk the goyim for everything they’re worth to pad their profit margins.

If brick costs 10 cents more per square foot the house flippers will scoff and go with the cheaper material.

Nice, if you can't park a mid sized sedan on your roof its shit.

>that nice roof framing
>CMU walls
might as well bulldoze it and start over

Laws are confusing and arbitrary. Hire a lawyer and discuss your idea.

If people don't want to be homeless then they will follow the instructions of the home owner. Seems pretty simple to me

>politely forgets the part where the bank owns all the homes

It's odd that Americans over-engineer most things, from personal vehicles to the urinals in McDonalds, then do a 180 on the home.

Personally I would like to live in one of those renovated cold war bunkers/missile silos. Last time I checked, they're not that expensive and some of them come with a steel blast door.

True. Squarehead father was a brick and stone mason.

Attached: picture-81.png (1280x800, 600K)

I think there is a thing called trailer. This is where people who don't like being jewd goes.

What's the deal?
>Cheap
>Strong
>Hold for 100 years if kept dry

Solution... build your own fucking house pussy-ass bitch. Instead, you whine on the internet like a little tranny.

based

Nothing stopping you from buying land and building your own house. Too bad you still gotta pay (((taxes))).

That is a BEAUTY!

A normal house exist for at least 3 generations.

Attached: fd65388e-21d5-4250-9e50-691f3166be2e.c10[1].jpg (1024x768, 231K)

Seriously, no shitting on burgers as usual, why do people who live in tornado country build houses out of paper and dreams? Or would a solid brick building fair no better? I wouldnt imagine so but could be wrong.

>Hire a lawyer
This. Many time the people at the city planning department can't defend their position and can't point to anything in the code that backs up that position.

Elites are mostly traitors to mankind. They're taking almost everything from people.

>I don't like the way homes are made, but I'm both too lazy and too stupid to make my own house.
I'm not seeing the problem. You are worthless shit, and you deserve a house that's worthless shit, too.

>Americans are stunted by basic woodwork

Attached: 31d1acd019_50037272_charpente-eglise-saint-girons-monein-02[1].jpg (1731x1081, 220K)

It's also an price efficiency thing. No reason to build a stone or poured concrete foundation for a small ranch house in a moderate climate area. In that instance, we'd use cinder block because it's cheaper and more than enough for a small house.

Thanks Norway bro. Community I grew up in was 90% Scandinavian. Now, the hipsters bought everything there and it's overrun with homeless and they're tearing down the old homes and putting up monstrosity condos. Average home costs 500,000 there now.

Attached: cdacc8847793388a2c1084d43ded268f88f4b6d305027a8c7bdd8b8134cd42c7.jpg (254x255, 14K)

House gets wrecked by tornado = you get cheapest shitbox possible by insurance company

It will cost a lot of money but this is the best advice I can give you to build a fortified home to last.

Roof: slate
Gutters: copper (common with slate roofs) MAKE SURE they push water into reusable tanks
Siding: solid brick or stone (NOT A VENEER)
Foundation: stone
Driveway: cobblestone
Power: Geothermal
HVAC: geothermal
Water: Cistern with supplemental well (well pumps burn out so having it as a supplement will make it last longer)
Structure: steel beams and columns (make sure you apply paint to protect them) Engineered I joist and use them for studs as well
Attic: gable soffet and ridge vents with pressure treated OSB, rafters and joists
Walls: leave a gap with dehumidifiers
Floors: good quality tile is best
Power: copper in and out with GFCI NEAR ANY WATER and AFCI for the rest of the house. 400 amp is good but have a sub pannel splitting it into two 200 amp pannels.
Radon and Termites: Depending on where you put the house may have less or more raid on I would still have a remediation system if it goes above 2 pico curies even though EPA says 4 pico curies . Check for termite tubes you may want a preventative termite treatment around the house to protect it. Termites like wet wood bc it's easier for them to eat. Just don't have wet wood next to your house.
The rest is cosmetic.

No trees near house and have a fucking swale. If you can live w/o a basement . . . Do It.

Water destroys homes the most followed by fire

Cheaper construction for the companies and people are too stupid to just buy a house 5 miles out of town in an area with a nearby highway access. The more rural, the cheaper/larger your house can be, and so long as you've got a nearby highway, work commuting/shopping/etc don't take too much longer. Plus your yards are bigger and you don't have to deal with annoying neighbors as much.

peak boomerism

Americans would have sold the land and built apartment complex to get more profit

>amerimutts literally live in wooden cucksheds
toplmao. you mutts ever heard these things called bricks and concrete? too poor to afford it?

Attached: 1549970944332.jpg (480x360, 15K)

shame, was this in minnesota?

The walls won't hold, only the roof will last that long. Because that ''if'' you said never happens.

Seattle. Community named Ballard. You can duckduckgo it.

Mine is fully brick and built in 1800s.

>It's also an price efficiency thing. No reason to build a stone or poured concrete foundation for a small ranch house in a moderate climate area. In that instance, we'd use cinder block because it's cheaper and more than enough for a small house.

I wonder also if being a "new country" is a factor.

For example, in a certain sense California was not 'discovered' until the late 19th Century. Your ancestors could have been in the USA for 200 years but still had a transitory existence as they moved from East to West.

Possibly there's something about a home constructed from wood which seems more normal.

>Siding: solid brick or stone
These ingredients are absolute shit at insulation, there's a reason why cement siding is pervasive

cool, thanks.

Electrician here.
400 amp service is insane and overkill. Most modern homes can make due with 100 to 150 depending on size and whether you are having electric range/heating or gas.
I am currently remodeling a mansion and it has a 200 amp service with a 100 amp sub panel.

No problem.

In the Southern US the heat, humidity, and rain in the swamp environment destroys everything. I see new construction homes/rebuilds that start to show damage in 6 months. You slack off and dont repair/maintain your house and the Formosan termite (imported from Asia) will eat your home within 10 years. People are stupid and want cheap shit. Although, it's cheap materials but still a big $ tag. ALL the labour Mexican't do is wrong. It has to be redone. Imagine, 3rd world building practices don't work in 1st world construction. Amazing! I rebuilt an old historic home with old growth wood materials. Took me 5 years, but I don't really have to fix shit for the next 50. Originally built by the Irish and Italian niggas in 1920's.

Attached: 36573774_1693484600747638_9025160859512471552_o.jpg (1080x1350, 136K)

That was exactly the case with my ourdoor fire pot. we have a grill and a lid nearby so that it's technically a bbq and not a fire. that doesn't stop the councilwoman from hating my guts. it's a long story but basically I caught her cheating on her husband and ever since then it's been an endless stream of "your gutters are dirty" and "your trees need pruning" and "your fence is rotting" etc etc etc.

Concrete and rebar are worse, wood can dry, once that rebar rusts and breaks your concrete is splitting.

this is what happens when you print money.

You almost make it sound as though someone is trying to profit off of laziness. Never in a free market! Tell me it ain't so!

Attached: 1552700702841.jpg (472x387, 41K)

Local old guy built a new house for his sick wife. Carpenter his whole life, and used high-quality logs.
But since the lumber wasn't stamped they ordered the place demolished. House was the quality of those 100-year-old post and beam houses.
Must use Rothschild Rotten 1.25 x 3.1"s, and some nice Chinese plasterboard.

I thought the market would deliver high quality homes at a low price?

stone European houses > Shitty wooden american houses for nigger homos

In the US and in third world countries

>400 amp service is insane and overkill.
Most of the 1950's houses in my area originally had 60 amp panels. Then they went to 100 amp. Now everybody wants 200 while talking about energy efficiency!

Attached: download (5).png (225x225, 3K)

apartments? please. thats a perfect place for some self storage units and a parking lot.

Yeah, but that high-quality spruce beam doesn't have a stamp from the oil industry. Can't be good.
youtu.be/dcoTnER4Efg

Are those trusses fucking planks?!

>they ordered the place demolished.
I hope he orders their house demolished after the wife gets sorted out.

Attached: download (29).jpg (309x163, 10K)

Way the system is. You have to use Mexican't because white folk are $30-40 an hour. Still cheaper using retards even after you factor in all the wrong shit they do. You're going to sell it anyway.. as long as it looks good enough to sell.

Attached: fullsizeoutput_374b.jpg (254x238, 24K)

>bend spending most my life living in a pressboard paradise.

I never mentioned the size of the house. And you're wrong most homes that are moderately sized have 200 amp panels. Bigger homes require more power and it's better to have wiring for too much than too little. Guess you're talking about your trailer?

Yes brick and stone are shitty insulations by themselves, but that's why you put insulation in between the outer wall and the inner wall dipshit. What ever insulation you choose doesn't matter as long as the R value is where you need it. I saw a guy insulate his attic with socks. Blown in cotton works and cotton socks work too though it's not proper.

Attached: 1552773216984.jpg (486x309, 29K)